Photo
- - - - -

Formula E World Championship | SEASON 8

• Please log in to reply
763 replies to this topic

Poll: Formula E World Championship: SEASON 8 (40 member(s) have cast votes)

What are you looking forward the most for next season?

1. New quali format, leading to a real championship battle! (18 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. The new calendar looks pretty damn good, Vancouver YAY! (5 votes [10.42%])

Percentage of vote: 10.42%

3. Another race in Monaco. (10 votes [20.83%])

Percentage of vote: 20.83%

4. More young blood for the Title Win (2 votes [4.17%])

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

5. Utter madness (13 votes [27.08%])

Percentage of vote: 27.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 16:53

coper.png

season-7-thread.png

After three intense, hectic & crazy seasons of racing, the Generation 2 of Formula E cars its about to reach its climax.

Season 7 has been a rollercoaster of emotions.

The highs were very high, the lows were very lows...
We've seen good races, some bad races, and a few Classics.

How can we forget about the beautiful race around the streets of Montecarlo, or the exciting action in a very wet Rome?
Also, how can we forget about the Valencia energy brainfade, with most of the teams running out of power before the last lap?

Season 7 had it all: the Championship was decided in the last weekend of the season, in the streets of Berlin, with a crazy number of drivers still in mathematical contention for the title.

At the end of a super tense weekend, Nyck De Vries managed to clinch the World Title right on the wire, while his main contenders Edo Mortara, Mitch Evans & Jake Dennis all crashed out in the first few laps of the race.

How crazy was that?

Enjoy this SEASON RECAP!

E9p-OSu-OXo-AUk-Jtv.jpg

But in Motorsport, success only lasts a few moments in people's minds.

It's already time to look forward, to see what kind of new challenge lies ahead.

And, grab your popcorns...

Season 8, is set to be the best Formula E Season yet. 

Why?
Well, plenty of reasons to look forward to this final chapter of the Gen 2 Era.

Let's dive right into it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qualification has been a huge talking point in Season 7.

The group qualifying format worked pretty well for six seasons, but its integrity started to crumble last season.

Season 7 had one of the tighest fields in Formula E history, with just a few tenths separating Top Teams from the Backmarkers.
For this reason, drivers starting in the Group 1 of quali (driving on a less rubbered track) were basically doomed to start at the back of the grid in most of the tracks. 

This kind of format surely helped keeping the championship battle very open till the final weekend of the season, where 18 drivers were still in Mathematical Title Contention.

On the other hand, a growing number of teams felt frustrated by the huge amount of randomness of this qualification "lottery".

They started feeling that their efforts to build the most competitive package were spoiled by the qualifying format itself.

SO

The format is going to be changed in Season 8.

And it sounds very.....Indy-Car-y

NEW "INDYCAR" STYLE QUALIFICATION 

The latest rumors are pointing towards this kind of scenery.

The Field will be split in 2 GROUPS to find the top eight fastest performers. (best 4 of each group)

This first session will last 10 minutes/Group, so multiple lap times should be allowed.

The FAST 8 cars will advance to another session, where the 4 best times will advance to the "Semi Final"  or FAST 4.
The top two will go through to a SUPERPOLE SHOOTOUT to decide the pole-sitter and the first three points of the weekend!

Overall, quite a simple elimination method, and could be effective & merithocratic!  :up:

These procedures or some variations of them are set to be trialled during the three-day official Valencia test, which is scheduled to begin on November 29.

So, a recap:

1) GROUP QUALI
2) QUARTER FINALS (8 cars)
3) SEMIFINAL  (4 cars)
4) SUPERPOLE SHOOTOUT  (2 cars)

1920x800-A212938-large.jpg

MORE RACE POWER

Race Power is expected to be increased up to 220 KW.

a +20 kW increase compared to the previous few seasons, wich will make the cars slightly quicker in race trim & will make the energy management even more tricky during the event!
This will lead to more overtaking opportunities & moves around the field.

Race distance is supposed to remain the same, at 45 minutes lenght.

Attack mode is set to remain the same at 235 KW.

preview-928x522-1.jpg

THE BEST FORMULA E CALENDAR EVER

16 races, 12 cities.

The 2022 Formula E calendar is going to be the best calendar to date!

PRESEASON starts in the last week of November. 

From November 29th to October 3th there will be the usual collective test session in Valencia. 
Perfect time to watch the new cars in action, and try to guess the Pecking order of 2022.

It's always a fun few days, we'll be following the sessions with Live Timing & footage from the track!

formula-e-valencia-159161.768x432.jpg

The Real Deal Starts in late January with a Double Header in the Night of Riyadh, the circus will than return to Mexico for a February 12th race at the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez.
Late february will see the debut of a spectacular new location: Cape Town is set to deliver with a unique race track a few meters away from the sea-side.

March is set to see a return in action of China for a TBC location, while in April the circuis will face two of its most fascinating locations: Rome & Monaco, with the Principality making it an annual event after the success of last season with the complete track configuration.

Berlin will no longer host a season finale event, and slots in May with a classic race in the Tempelhof.
June is another question mark, with a new TBC location yet to be announced.

The American leg kicks off in July, with a new race in Vancouver, before reaching New York for the classic Double Header.

Formula E comes back to Europe one last time, at the end of July for a Double Header at the ExCel Arena of London, a location that delivered quite a bit of drama last season!

Season Finale of 2022 will be disputed in Seoul, with a Double Header event in August to close off the Gen 2 era.
Brand new track, racing around a stadium, should be quite a ending for this chapter of Formula E.

Senza-titolo-3.png
Senza-titolo-5.png

GEN 3 TESTING MID-SEASON

Season 8 of Formula E is also set to be a transitional year between Gen 2 & Gen 3.
Teams will receive the basic Gen 3 package in January 2022, and will start undergoing a series a Private Tests & intense simulator work in order to prepare the powertrain for the highly ancitipated Season 9.

We can expect spy shots, pics & rumors about the new car getting bigger & more exciting as 2022 goes on, so another thing to look forward to.

But how will the Gen 3 cars look like?

Also, we have a Gen 3 discussion thread open: https://forums.autos...d-reveal/page-5

B_formula-e-gen2-evo-4.jpg

2022 TEAMS & DRIVERS LINEUP

With Audi & BMW pulling the plug off their Factory teams, the 2022 Formula E Grid lineup is set to look a little bit...different!

BMW's entry will be taken back by Andretti Autosport:  the team is set to retain Jake Dennis alongside a new driver from the Andretti roster (Kyle Kirkwood was rumored).
Andretti will still be powered by BMW: the german powerhouse will remain in FE with their costumer american team.

Audi's entry, on the other hand, will disappear.
So we'll see only 22 cars on the 2022 grid. How ironic! 

2021-Mahindra.jpg

MERCEDES EQ FORMULA E TEAM 
Vandoorne / De Vries

DS TECHEETAH 
Vergne / Da Costa

TAG HEUER PORSCHE 
Lotterer / Wehrlein

NISSAN e-DAMS
Gunther / Buemi

MAHINDRA RACING
Rowland / Sims

ANDRETTI AUTOSPORT
Dennis Askew

VENTURI MERCEDES
Di Grassi / Mortara

JAGUAR RACING
Evans / Bird

ENVISION VIRGIN RACING
Cassidy / Frijns

NIO333
Turvey / Ticktum

PENSKE DRAGON RACING
Giovinazzi / Sette Camara

THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF ELECTRIC RACING

Considering all the ingredients we have for what should be "only" a transitional season to a new era...i'd say it could be a very tasty one.

We're going to witness Gen 2 Racing at its peak: with the new qualifying format we should see more of the real pecking order, building up the momentum every race, leading to proper battles, battles with a real meaning.

We could see new rivalries, new scenarios happening on track. 

This, combined with the biggest FE Calendar to date, with plenty of new locations, should elevate Formula E even further before the debut of Gen 3.

So..

Fasten your seatbelts, turn on your e-ngines. 

It's time for one last, epic ride with those cars.

It's time for Season 8!

21d12.png

Edited by thegamer23, 25 November 2021 - 12:56.

Advertisement

#2 balage06

balage06

• 3,106 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 17:13

The new qualy system sounds much better. :up:

#3 F1Frog

F1Frog

• 619 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 19:10

So glad Lucas di Grassi has got a drive, he is by far the most exciting driver on the grid. Hopefully, Rene Rast will get signed up somewhere as well. 

I also like the new qualifying format. Last year was just too gimmicky, and even with a normal format Formula e would still be very unpredictable. I think the best season was season five, followed by season two and three. Hopefully season eight will see FE back to its best.

#4 Alan Lewis

Alan Lewis

• 1,031 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 21:03

The season finale, Seoul Race 2, will be the 100th ePrix (assuming the calendar doesn't change too much, of course).

#5 balmybaldwin

balmybaldwin

• 2,070 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 21:50

Very disappointed they haven't got rid of the timed race format

#6 balage06

balage06

• 3,106 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 07:26

Very disappointed they haven't got rid of the timed race format

But what difference would that make? After the practice sessions and qualy are done, everyone has a good idea about the pace, so it's easy to calculate the lap count from the 45 minutes + 1 lap distance, or vice versa. You could do it yourself as well. We do that all the time in sim racing, because races are usually timed and we need the lap count for fuel calculations. Imho it makes no difference, just an alternative way to determine the race length.

Edited by balage06, 19 September 2021 - 07:30.

#7 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 11,085 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 09:36

It makes a difference when races become bogged down in safety cars.

#8 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 09:45

Also, Full Race Replays should comeback, as requested by most of the users in a recent survey.

#9 RSRally

RSRally

• 1,975 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 11:23

Season 7 was very difficult for FE with the early announcements of the withdrawals of BMW and Audi, a covid affected calendar and some home made controversies too such as the energy farce in Valencia and the technical penalties in Mexico and the ongoing qualy format grumbles. I’m hopeful that all of that is behind FE now and season 8 will be better. The calendar looks great and hopefully the qualy format change will help the series feel a little less of a lottery.

#10 BRG

BRG

• 25,883 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 12:50

The change to that silly qually system is very welcome.  Now FE needs to ditch Fanboost, which is a total nonsense and always has been.  I am less than sanguine that we won't see more of the inexplicable penalties for obscure and usually unexplained technical infringements.  FE seems to be wedded to them, although even they must realise that to DSQ a race winner for a paperwork error was unacceptable.

I would like the teams to try to build cars that don't stop for no good reason mid-race and need a re-boot.  This happens in every race, sometimes to more than one car, and given the almost 100% reliability of EVs suggests that a little more care is needed with the software.

And the race control needs to get a grip on driving standards.  Permanent 10 place grid drops should be given to Lotterer and di Grassi until they manage to complete a race without colliding with someone.

Edited by BRG, 19 September 2021 - 12:50.

#11 juicy sushi

juicy sushi

• 6,302 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 13:49

Ditching fanboost would be lovely.

Dunno if we will get rid of the BTCC moves until Gen3. I think the stupid penalties will be gone, as Ajag was pretty furious at that screw-up.

#12 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 11,982 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 16:30

When are we having this year’s Formula E Circuit Design competition, then?

#13 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 10,928 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 23:07

Sad that they couldn't find a replacement team for Audi. There is still time in theory for a new team to pick up that entry but there haven't been any rumours lately. McLaren seems less interested since they decided to go for Extreme E and they are now focussed on trying to get a third car in IndyCar on the grid. Lotus was also rumoured early in the year, possibly in a joint entry with Alpine but we haven't heard anything about it since then.
I'm actually more curious about the 2023 season since the next generation car will be introduced then and it will have a significant increase in horse power. I wonder if they won't outgrow some of the narrower tracks then with the increase in speed & power.

Edited by William Hunt, 19 September 2021 - 23:08.

#14 midgrid

midgrid
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,126 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:08

In last week's Autosport it was reported that Abt wish to re-enter the series as an independent in season 9, in which case Di Grassi would move back over from his "loan" to Venturi.

#15 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 11,982 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 07:13

I also heard that Zak Brown is pretty set on a budget cap as a pre-requisit for confirming a McLaren entry, so I think ongoing discussions around that topic will be important.

#16 BRG

BRG

• 25,883 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 10:15

I wonder if they won't outgrow some of the narrower tracks then with the increase in speed & power.

Let's hope so.  No more Battersea Parks please!

#17 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,112 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:32

When are we having this year’s Formula E Circuit Design competition, then?

Could be sooner, could be later... we have time to kill until January, but October/November seem the most sensible candidates.  What do you all think?

#18 Jellyfishcake

Jellyfishcake

• 5,099 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:40

I'm glad they've changed the qualifying format.  :up:

Though I wonder if this new one is 1 round too many, I'd preferred it being the final 4 battle for pole not 2 of the 4 going through to a pole battle. 

Kinda funny it being 21/22 season with all races in 2022

#19 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 11,982 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 12:08

Could be sooner, could be later... we have time to kill until January, but October/November seem the most sensible candidates.  What do you all think?

Sounds good to me, any time window between now and January sounds appropriate. 

I'm glad they've changed the qualifying format.  :up:

Though I wonder if this new one is 1 round too many, I'd preferred it being the final 4 battle for pole not 2 of the 4 going through to a pole battle. 

I was wondering the same, and I wonder if they may be as well given that they're going to try out variations of the format in pre-season testing. If it does turn out that it's a session too long they can then address it before the season starts. 

I agree that the easiest fix would be to just lop off the final shoot out, which admittedly would basically just make it the IndyCar format with different numbers of cars. 

Advertisement

#20 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 13:48

Yeah, would be nice to have the circuit design competition a little bit earlier!  :up:

#21 RSRally

RSRally

• 1,975 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 17:47

Changes to race format coming, sounds like instead of energy reductions there will be 'extra time' for safety car periods:

https://the-race.com...amp-to-succeed/

#22 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 11,982 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 17:55

I like that change.

#23 Cornholio

Cornholio

• 894 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 18:16

So in a matter of days they've basically changed the two things (aside from the fortunately mostly inconsequential fanboost) I'd come to dislike most about the series and had seen me start to drift away from watching. Nice  :up:

I mean I wouldn't be against just going with the flow and let energy conservation go out the window after an SC-hit race, like they used to, but if they really want that to be a factor in every race, adding that time on to what are extremely short races is infinitely more preferable than arbitrarily blocking off power that exists in the batteries.

#24 juicy sushi

juicy sushi

• 6,302 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 18:17

Changes to race format coming, sounds like instead of energy reductions there will be 'extra time' for safety car periods:

Explains why they used the Champion's League as the reference rather than Indycar for the qualifying format.  This would essentially be football's "time added on."  Although that also applies in sprint car racing, and I've said that the Gen3 cars in some ways sounded a lot like marching towards the sprint car direction in terms of how they'd behave...

#25 Singularity

Singularity

• 848 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 18:24

I loved FE in the beginning but then they stopped streaming the races on Youtube and I just had enough of signing up to various streaming services and pay for another basket of stuff that I have no use for just to get the cheese, or FE in this case. I guess I was extra reluctant since a new, all modern and futuristic series did not set it up so you can pay to see one race, or the whole series, but nothing else. Like MotoGP have (or used to have).

So that is what I look forward to - to be able to watch the race when I want to and pay only for that. 

Edited by Singularity, 20 September 2021 - 18:24.

#26 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 10,928 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 23:12

Well over here Eurosport and Tipik (RTBF2) are showing it live so I can still see it live on tv but yes it's a shame they stopped streaming it on youtube, in particular if you live in a country where they don't have the channels I mentioned 

#27 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:34

That's huge
Gonna add to the OP if confirmed after Valencia testing.

Could really change the dynamic of the races: too often we've seen races cut short by too many Safety Cars, this should do the trick.

Along with the new quali format, the whole package should feel more solid.

Sounds like this new season of Formula E have all the ingredients to deliver after a difficult year or two!  :clap: 

Also, FULL RACE REPLAYS could make a full comeback in the YouTube Channel, as most of the fans asked for that in a recent survey!  :up:
So, from the next season you should be covered even if you're unable to watch on TV. 

Meanwhile.

Past VS Future, featuring Porsche

E-tzkq-KWUAEq-BWs.jpg

Edited by thegamer23, 21 September 2021 - 07:39.

#28 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 11,982 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:52

Also, FULL RACE REPLAYS could make a full comeback in the YouTube Channel, as most of the fans asked for that in a recent survey!  :up:

So, from the next season you should be covered even if you're unable to watch on TV. 

Well... the full race replays being removed is another thing that I've just been reading tonnes of criticism over, so would be really good to have them back. 

I like that we seem to be seeing FE respond to some very valid criticisms here. It's unlikely to fix everything in one fell swoop but a feeling of going in the right direction is very welcome indeed. 

#29 BRG

BRG

• 25,883 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:10

Meanwhile.

Past VS Future, featuring Porsche

E-tzkq-KWUAEq-BWs.jpg

Is that the Gen 3 car on the left?  It looks great!  At last a proper race car instead of a bastardised Batmobile.    ;)

If only....

#30 maximilian

maximilian

• 8,112 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:42

HALLELUJAH to the added time!  That really was a MAJOR detriment to the series (along with not having a legit way of watching the race streamed, idiotic penalties, and FanBoobs), although I still think they ought to just stick to a set number of laps, instead.  NO reason to ever change that in the first place - cars are made to traverse distance, not time.

And after another look, the Qualy change seems OK too.  I read quarterfinals and semifinals and thought it was a bracket-style elimination shootout 1 vs. 1 for the whole thing, thus my reaction.  The IndyCar Qualy actually works really well, if that's what they are shamelessly copying.  They should scrap the "final" though... it's really not that interesting to do it all over again with only 2 cars, just more fluff.

#31 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,328 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:45

That 1.5l Porsche was a lovely little chunk of a car.

#32 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 11,982 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 11:56

And after another look, the Qualy change seems OK too.  I read quarterfinals and semifinals and thought it was a bracket-style elimination shootout 1 vs. 1 for the whole thing, thus my reaction.  The IndyCar Qualy actually works really well, if that's what they are shamelessly copying.  They should scrap the "final" though... it's really not that interesting to do it all over again with only 2 cars, just more fluff.

That is very much why I was raising an eyebrow at The Race. That is exactly what it sounds like until you read the description in the article. 

Superleague Formula did try a full-on football style tournament qualifying format, I believe? I don't think I ever really understood what that series was trying to achieve... 

#33 Singularity

Singularity

• 848 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:20

Is that the Gen 3 car on the left?  It looks great!  At last a proper race car instead of a bastardised Batmobile.    ;)

If only....

Exactly my thoughts when I saw that picture. My mind drifted towards the lines of Tom Waits:

"Now I'm smoking cigarettes and I strive for purity

but I slip, just like the stars, into obscurity"

Edited by Singularity, 21 September 2021 - 12:23.

#34 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 12:24

Is that the Gen 3 car on the left? It looks great! At last a proper race car instead of a bastardised Batmobile.  ;)

If only....

Crazy enough, from the rumors we've heard so far Gen 3 might resemble more of that 1.5 L Porsche rather than the current Gen 2 :smoking:

Edited by thegamer23, 21 September 2021 - 14:53.

#35 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 08:52

Our favourite pantomime Villain, Dan Ticktum, looking for different racing options next season.

Including Formula E!

https://www.motorspo...e-2022/6674751/

#36 RSRally

RSRally

• 1,975 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 17:38

Really interesting video about track design and construction in Formula E.. it's a lot of work!

https://youtu.be/LUycJ9eR6l8

#37 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 18:53

Full races are back on YouTube!

From tomorrow evening onwards, all the races from Season 7 will be replayed on the YouTube Channel! 
Perfect chance to relive the previous season! 

Good sign for Season 8 too, with full race replays expected to make a comeback on YT.  :smoking:

immagine-2021-09-28-205159.png

#38 juicy sushi

juicy sushi

• 6,302 posts

Posted 28 September 2021 - 22:45

Now all I need are full races live.

#39 BRG

BRG

• 25,883 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 11:22

Our favourite pantomime Villain, Dan Ticktum, looking for different racing options next season.

Can he be sent off to Extreme E please?  Then I would never have to see or hear of him again.

Advertisement

#40 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 15:47

Daniil Kvyat in frame for a Penske Dragon Racing Seat!

https://the-race.com...ght-have-beens/

He could partner Sergio Sette Camara.
Would be such a strong lineup: a shame the package has been lacking race pace in the last few seasons.

kvyat-alpine-666x444.jpg

- Podcast with Nyck De Vries, regarding his FE title & his F1 2022 chances

https://the-race.com...and-f1-chances/

Edited by thegamer23, 29 September 2021 - 15:49.

#41 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 17:08

RACE REPLAY // Riyadh Round 1 / 2021 

Streaming on YT now! 

Edited by thegamer23, 29 September 2021 - 17:08.

#42 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 18:51

News heavy day!

VANCOUVER e-PRIX 2022 ANNOUCEMENT!

https://www.fiaformu...er-announcement

The Vancouver e-Prix is going to be the culminating event of a Three Days e-Fest, with Sports, Mobility, Music, Concerts, Entertainement!

Sounds great!

New-site-map-2909.png

#43 juicy sushi

juicy sushi

• 6,302 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 19:23

That’s a VERY tight hairpin, but it otherwise looks a lot like a conventional street circuit, at least, compared to some Formula E events.

#44 Ben1445

Ben1445

• 11,982 posts

Posted 29 September 2021 - 20:09

That’s a VERY tight hairpin

I make it more or less (and slightly conservatively) 12m wide entry and 10m wide exit, with a 2m inside radius (4m separation between the parallels in the central reservation). That's not too different off Sanya's 10m either side with a 3m radius (6m separation). 

It doesn't look as tight as the madness that was Hong Kong's T1 hairpin, with 9m width either side with 3m separation. 

There's also IndyCar's new Nashville track which really has set the new standard for truly insane narrowness with that 5m width section that somehow gained approval.

Edited by Ben1445, 29 September 2021 - 20:10.

#45 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 06:51

Think Vancouver will have major Indycar vibes!
From Turn 2 to Turn 11 is a great combination of corners, where you'll see the cars carrying the speed out, glancing the walls on exit.
The hairpins should be wide enough to guarantee clean overtakes. 

Looking forward to it, should be one of Season 8's highlights!  :up: 
Also, sounds like a good solid venue with a plan for future races, as opposed to Montreal's disaster.

818375dbbe6c9a1486f2420d702ad18c--vancou

Edited by thegamer23, 30 September 2021 - 06:51.

#46 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 06:52

Nice coloumn by The Race!

Scorned F1 Junior Ticktum is exactly what FE Needs!

https://the-race.com...ormula-e-needs/

Ticktum_helmet.jpg

#47 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 11,085 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:36

The only thing Ticktum can bring to a series is drama - and FE has that covered already.

#48 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:40

Dramas aside, Think Ticktum is a very good driver, and he's showing it in terms of speed this season in F2.

He won Macau twice, and he's always fast in street tracks, so he could find his right dimension in FE.

#49 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 11,085 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 09:03

He's a decent driver, to be sure, but there's lots of them about who don't bring the same baggage.

#50 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 17,860 posts

Posted 01 October 2021 - 16:53

RACE REPLAY // Riyadh Round 2 / 2021 

Streaming on YT now!