- - - - -

Fernando - Season 2 (Amazon Prime)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 20:36

Just noticed its on Prime Video. Watched about 25 mins so far, some decent background insight to a very weird Indy 500 paddock during covid thats a bit different.

Clips chatting to Mario Andretti etc. Build-up to his F1 return and preparation.

Worth a watch I'd say.

Advertisement

#2 danmills

danmills

• 3,173 posts

Posted 18 September 2021 - 23:30

https://youtu.be/5LHqYYldlBo

#3 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,668 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 04:23

Just noticed its on Prime Video. Watched about 25 mins so far, some decent background insight to a very weird Indy 500 paddock during covid thats a bit different.

Clips chatting to Mario Andretti etc. Build-up to his F1 return and preparation.

Worth a watch I'd say.

Thanks for the heads-up! Didn't know it had dropped yet. Really looking forward to this one, with him coming back to F1...

#4 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,989 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 19:02

There was something in the air that night.

#5 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,177 posts

Posted 19 September 2021 - 23:40

I really like this series. It does help that Alonso has had all these different things going on. Too bad the series didn't start January 2018.

#6 crespo

crespo

• 1,040 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 02:31

Definitely liked this season more than the first. Presentation and production value both seemed to have gotten a good upgrade

#7 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,899 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 05:13

I liked the Indy part, but otherwise I fell the same way I felt when I saw the first season, kinda meh. All the flashback to the past were unnecessary, buy I guess it is needed for new F1 fans.

The part where his sister was talking about 2007 and all the unfairness, I hope one day they can tell his side of the story.

#8 HarmonicBlade1

HarmonicBlade1

• 55 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 11:03

I liked the Indy part, but otherwise I fell the same way I felt when I saw the first season, kinda meh. All the flashback to the past were unnecessary, buy I guess it is needed for new F1 fans.

The part where his sister was talking about 2007 and all the unfairness, I hope one day they can tell his side of the story.

Do people really think that the likes of Hamilton, Dennis, Norbert Haug etc aren't going to make Alonso look silly when they open up about 2007 in the years to come?

Alonso has even toned down his initial claims of unfair treatment in more recent years. He knows how much ammunition they all have against him.

#9 DeKnyff

DeKnyff

• 5,375 posts

Posted 20 September 2021 - 16:13

Do people really think that the likes of Hamilton, Dennis, Norbert Haug etc aren't going to make Alonso look silly when they open up about 2007 in the years to come?

Alonso has even toned down his initial claims of unfair treatment in more recent years. He knows how much ammunition they all have against him.

I don't think you have the slightest idea of how much ammunition they may or may not have against him, though. Anyhow, if you have some kind of information unknown to the public, we are all ears.

Alonso toned down his initial claims because of two things: 1) he signed with McLaren again and 2) a lot of years have passed and he is already 40.

#10 AustinF1

AustinF1

• 20,668 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 07:03

Just finished S2E1. Very interesting look not just at Alonso's preparations, but it was also a nice, seldom-seen peek behind the scenes at Indy. It was weird watching him and Helio talking, standing in exactly the same spot my boys and I stood in 2019, just taking in the pre-race spectacle. 

It was also interesting to see just how much time they lost in the pits on just that one stop. I know that was edited longer for dramatic effect, but it was still a lot of time. Until now, I'd had no idea they had lost that much. And there were a couple of other stops where they lost time over that issue as well, iirc. Listening to him talk, you can tell he knows it was far from ideal, and knows he can still go a lot quicker. It seems  a lot like he'd relish an opportunity to return and give it another go or 2, imho.

ETA: And the crew & engineers also seemed quite eager to have him back as well...

Edited by AustinF1, 21 September 2021 - 07:23.

#11 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,765 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 09:04

Posts removed. This isn't the best thread to rehash 2007, please don't do it here!

#12 Rinehart

Rinehart

• 15,144 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:33

Never gonna happen, because that will trigger a response! 

Besides I get the impression that Alonso has self-reflected and changed a lot over the years. 

#13 prty

prty

• 8,436 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 16:46

Never gonna happen, because that will trigger a response! 

Besides I get the impression that Alonso has self-reflected and changed a lot over the years. 

Alonso said he postponed his autobiography until he really retires:

https://www.amazon.d...k/dp/B086MPTBYW