* * * * * 1 votes

2022 FIA Formula 2 season

• Please log in to reply
3617 replies to this topic

#1 Anja

Anja

• 10,257 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:08

A bit unusual but we have a first driver confirmed for the next season before this one even ended. Novalak will drive for MP Motorsport: https://www.racefans...budget-trouble/

2022 F2 calendar:

1. March 19-20 - Sakhir

2. March 26-27 - Jeddah

3. April 23-24 - Imola

4. May 21-22 - Catalunya

5. May 28-29 - Monaco

6. June 11-12 - Baku

7. July 2-3 - Silverstone

8. July 9-10 - Red Bull Ring

9. July 30-31 - Hungaroring

10. August 27-28 - Spa

11. September 3-4 - Zandvoort

12. September 10-11 - Monza

13. September 24-25 - Sochi

14. November 19-20 - Abu Dhabi

As was confirmed previously the series will go back to two races per round, but their order will remain the same as in 2021 - sprint race on Saturday and feature race on Sunday, effectively dropping the second sprint race - here's the announcement with all the details.

Another change will reduce the points awarded for the sprint race, pole position, and fastest lap - now the sprint race winner will get 10 pts instead of 15, pole position will award 2 pts instead of 4, and the fastest lap bonus is likewise cut in half from 2 pts to 1. 

Edited by Anja, 03 November 2021 - 12:28.

Advertisement

#2 FLB

FLB

• 29,440 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:21

Autohebdo has a few rumours:

https://www.autohebd...ou-en-2022.html

Prema: Hauger/Daruvala

UNI-Virtuosi: Sato/Doohan

MP Motorsport: Novalak/Drugovich

ART: Pourchaire/Vesti

Carlin: Lawson/Iwasa

DAMS: Nissany?/?

Hitech: Armstrong?/?

Campos: Caldwell?/?

Trident: Schumacher?/?

Edited by FLB, 03 November 2021 - 12:22.

#3 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 11,543 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:27

Soooo... what happens if Piastri doesn't manage to win the championship? I would assume he would stay at Prema (obviously subject to Renault funding it)

#4 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,328 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:32

There's a David Schumacher?

#5 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,156 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 12:46

Ralf's son. Unremarkable so far in F3.

#6 balage06

balage06

• 3,106 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 13:14

And what about Vips? Red Bull will suddenly have 5-6 junior drivers in F2, unless they let go some of them.

#7 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,853 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 15:11

And what about Vips? Red Bull will suddenly have 5-6 junior drivers in F2, unless they let go some of them.

It's a weird one. They sounds really happy with Lawson, and sees good potential in him. They also seemingly really like Vips (even getting in the Vips-clause in the SL-rules). They they have Daruvala who I still feel is more important for Indian marketing than anything else. Then again, if RB ends up with him in F1 due to marketing, and he has some success, that is a huge market for F1 to tap into as well.
Doohan and Hauger isn't proper juniors, just affiliated. For now.

#8 balage06

balage06

• 3,106 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 15:13

Doohan and Hauger isn't proper juniors, just affiliated. For now.

It's not easy to tell that from their website, they are on the top of the list actually  :D  https://www.redbull....iorteam/drivers

#9 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,853 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 15:19

It's not easy to tell that from their website, they are on the top of the list actually  :D  https://www.redbull....iorteam/drivers

But also, together with karting-Arvid the only ones not showing on the banner-photo. 

This: https://formulascout...nd-hitech/73989 claims that "In total, five drivers will race in FIA F3 with Red Bull backing this year. Both Dennis Hauger and Jack Doohan will continue as “Red Bull supported drivers” alongside the Junior Team setup."

EDIT: When I think of it, this does fit in with regards to liveries as well. Hauger and Doohan didn't run Red Bull livery on their car. The rest did.

EDIT2: This goes for 2021. I have no idea regarding 2022!

Edited by Myrvold, 03 November 2021 - 15:22.

#10 ANF

ANF

• 29,055 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 16:44

Shame about Zendeli not being able to continue in F2. I like him as a racer: hard but fair.

#11 danmills

danmills

• 3,147 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 16:49

Will RB place Vips in DTM or FE?

I don't think Gasly or Tsunoda will be at AT in 2023 which solves some issues.

Lawson will be in F1 in 2023 without doubt regardless of next years results.

Edited by danmills, 03 November 2021 - 16:52.

#12 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,109 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 21:37

Lawson will be in F1 in 2023 without doubt regardless of next years results.

Based on what?

#13 ANF

ANF

• 29,055 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 21:42

Based on what?

Common sense!

#14 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,109 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 21:44

Common sense!

So he will be promoted over Vips even though Vips is ahead of him in F2 standings all while having car problems the entire year? And that's common sense you say? I'm not even bringing to the table the fact that Vips has a superlicence.

Edited by Dolph, 03 November 2021 - 21:45.

#15 ANF

ANF

• 29,055 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 22:03

So he will be promoted over Vips even though Vips is ahead of him in F2 standings all while having car problems the entire year? And that's common sense you say? I'm not even bringing to the table the fact that Vips has a superlicence.

Well, if I was recruiting drivers for Red Bull he would be.

I'm not saying Vips is a bad driver. I just think Lawson has something very special that Vips and the vast majority of drivers lack.

#16 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,109 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 22:05

Well, if I was recruiting drivers for Red Bull he would be.

I'm not saying Vips is a bad driver. I just think Lawson has something very special that Vips and the vast majority of drivers lack.

Based on what?

#17 OvDrone

OvDrone

• 16,115 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 22:06

OMG those pictures from the deep archives of the Alumni !

Especially Mirko Bortolotti and Mikhail Aleshin...

And I love how Ticktum is just not there. Utterly erased from existence and memory. 

Edited by OvDrone, 03 November 2021 - 22:08.

#18 ANF

ANF

• 29,055 posts

Posted 03 November 2021 - 22:32

Based on what?

Based on my eyesight. :)

#19 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,109 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 11:26

Based on my eyesight. :)

Can any of that be phrased as a logical statement on a motor racing forum?

I get that you have an opinion, but I don't agree at all that its common sense and a far gone conclusion.

I've personally yet to see Lawson demonstrate anything that special that he is a shoe-in at Alpha Tauri. Same for Vips, for that matter. Piastri is the only guy in F2 that is in any way a great talent. Everyone else are at best good or decent. In my mind Vips is better than Lawson as he has shown more (points), but I couldn't say what Marko is thinking. 

Advertisement

#20 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,156 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 12:31

Racing in DTM did wonders for Lawson's reputation, it seems. He was a bit unlucky with the way a few F2 races played out, he should have more points in F2 due to no fault of his own, but I agree I don't see much difference between him and Vips in F2.

#21 danmills

danmills

• 3,147 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 13:57

Tsunoda got a shot and a surprise renewal despite showing far from impressive results.

On that basis Lawson, who has shown talent at multiple levels and clearly robbed of a higher finish in both series' this year is logically going to get the nod at some point very soon.

Vips is sort of in limbo.

And where is Ticktum next year? Would love to see him in Indy. He's a personality chump but a decent racer.

#22 markpenske

markpenske

• 569 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 15:53

That's the guy that played Ross on friends, right?

#23 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,109 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 16:55

Tsunoda got a shot and a surprise renewal despite showing far from impressive results.

On that basis Lawson, who has shown talent at multiple levels and clearly robbed of a higher finish in both series' this year is logically going to get the nod at some point very soon.

Vips is sort of in limbo.

Sorry, but that seems to be one of those arguments where you disregard all the bad luck others have had and single out just Lawson's bad luck and then continue to conclude that he is better than his results. What about all the car failures Vips has had, time loss due to gearshifts not correctly working in almost all the season and the resulting time loss?

And what are these multiple levels Lawson has shown talent this year? DTM? He sure seems to be an excellent GT racing talent, but how does that translate to F1? Wouldn't GT wunder kids all be hot prospects for F1 then? They aren't, are they?

Jüri Vips:

1st season in F3: 4th

2nd season in F3: 4th

F2 2021: 6th

Lawson:

1st season in F3: 11th

2nd season in F3: 5th

F2 2021: 8th

Oh yeah, Lawson is a sure thing for F1, whilst Vips is in "limbo"  :rolleyes:

#24 BRG

BRG

• 25,883 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 16:59

Tsunoda is the price that Red Bull pay to get Honda technology (and probably continued under-the-counter Honda help).

#25 danmills

danmills

• 3,147 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 22:58

I'm not saying Vips is rubbish by any means, far from it, hes a star but a shade below imho. Yes, he's also had his fair share of bad luck as did Ticktum who I also rate to some degree as a racer (not for absolute speed or consistency).

But Lawson has just had a few more wow moments in a much shorter exposure time to be noticed across several series. Maybe Vips will have better luck next year and have more memorable moments himself without the unreliability.

Lawson was taken out several times when potentially heading towards a winning or high end result. Vips got results, and if you big up his off days from unreliability and 'what ifs' you've got to match it to the times Lawson was taken out since he was actually up there which is a bit more. On that balance, at worse they're on par, but I'd say Vips is slightly second fiddle based on previous result range across other categories. 

But it's also not always about winning everything or final standings or being higher when in the lower formulas, just ask Liuzzi or Vandoorne.

We'll see. I'd love to see them both at AT for 2023.

Edited by danmills, 04 November 2021 - 23:13.

#26 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,109 posts

Posted 04 November 2021 - 23:29

I'm not saying Vips is rubbish by any means, far from it, hes a star but a shade below imho. Yes, he's also had his fair share of bad luck as did Ticktum who I also rate to some degree as a racer (not for absolute speed or consistency).

But Lawson has just had a few more wow moments in a much shorter exposure time to be noticed across several series. Maybe Vips will have better luck next year and have more memorable moments himself without the unreliability.

Lawson was taken out several times when potentially heading towards a winning or high end result. Vips got results, and if you big up his off days from unreliability and 'what ifs' you've got to match it to the times Lawson was taken out since he was actually up there which is a bit more. On that balance, at worse they're on par, but I'd say Vips is slightly second fiddle based on previous result range across other categories. 

But it's also not always about winning everything or final standings or being higher when in the lower formulas, just ask Liuzzi or Vandoorne.

We'll see. I'd love to see them both at AT for 2023.

Alright, let me find the time to review all F2 races. I'm not going to look at DTM. I don't see how GT racing is a predictor of F1 as it has never been. If that's your main theory, then our viewpoints are very misaligned. What I will do, however, is to review all the F2 races. That's gonna take some time :)

#27 ANF

ANF

• 29,055 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:22

Can any of that be phrased as a logical statement on a motor racing forum?

Alright, let me find the time to review all F2 races.

As far as I'm concerned, all you have to review is Lawson passing Piastri at the SC restart in Baku (at 1:19 in the video below). It's that aggressiveness that makes me want to see Lawson in F1. Charles Leclerc has it, Fernando Alonso has it, Oscar Piastri has it as well... but I'm not sure Jüri Vips has it. And that's why I'd pick Lawson.

#28 balage06

balage06

• 3,106 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:27

I became a Lawson fan when I followed his championship battle with Armstrong in the 2019 TRS season. He was 16 at the time, but he was already amazingly consistent and efficient in the field, while being a naturally agressive driver. It was an amazing fight, the last few races definitely worth watching. Since then, his career has been sort of a 'what could have been', basically he could have finished higher in every category without the many technical issues and the occasional brainfades (unnecessarily agressive moves), but he is still very young.

#29 danmills

danmills

• 3,147 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 10:35

That's exactly it! There's a certain tenacity in Lawson and that apparent hunger and ruthless desire Vips just hasn't quite showcased as much yet. Button, Heidfeld etc were quick, but not ruthless.

Alonso, Vettel, Leclerc, Hamilton, Verstappen etc all had it.

Anything could happen, it's not an absolute guarantee, but patterns are patterns. Both still so early into their careers so could go either way, but the moments are already there.

#30 DS27

DS27

• 4,674 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 12:16

And I love how Ticktum is just not there. Utterly erased from existence and memory. 

Nirvana    ;)

#31 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 10,928 posts

Posted 05 November 2021 - 20:19

To me Lawson makes a slighly better impression as Vips but in reality the jury is still out on who will develop best on the long term. Right now I would say Lawson but that's at this point in time and could change, there's not much between them.
And let's not forget how Lundgaard was hyped several years in a row and how his reputation suddenly dropped this year just because of one season that he was less competitive. People's perception can quicly change. I still regard Lundgaard as a highly talented driver though, one lesser season is not suddenly going to change my opinion on him.

People also often judge much too harsh, in particular on this forum. One year you are a hero and the next year a zero: people can be quite extreme and and not so nuanced in judging drivers here. Tsunoda comes to mind (was promoted a year too soon to F1 imho and suffers from beiing compared with a teammate who has multiple seasons in F1 under his belt).

Edited by William Hunt, 05 November 2021 - 20:24.

#32 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 43,951 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 11:15

Anja:
They’ve dragged your thread down a rabbit hole.

Jp

#33 Anja

Anja

• 10,257 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 11:32

Can't say I blame them. These long breaks feel like we're in proper off-season already even though there's still two rounds left in 2021. 

#34 BRG

BRG

• 25,883 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 11:40

I really don't know why there is a fuss about Lawson and Vips.  I can't see either of them as the next Big Thing, based on their records so far.  They are both good, even very good, but they don't seem to have that last little bit of talent that sets some aside as special.

#35 danmills

danmills

• 3,147 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 12:06

Piastri is damned if he wins it. There's nothing really for him in 2022, a year elsewhere and he loses the momentum.

If I were him I'd be throwing it away tactically with a fake mech failure, bag a seat next year and drive the wheels off straight to F1 in 2023.

#36 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,813 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 13:22

How the grid could look like:

Prema: Dennis Hauger (?) - Jehan Daruvala (?)

Carlin: Liam Lawson (?) - Ayumu Iwasa (?)

Virtuosi: Marino Sato (?) - Jack Doohan (?)

Hitech: Marcos Armstrong (?)

ART: Théo Pourchaire (?) - Frederik Vesti (?)

MP: Clement Novalak - Felipe Drugovich (?)

Campos: Olli Caldwell (?)

DAMS: Roy Nissany (?)

Charouz:

Trident: David Schumacher (?)

Van Amersfoort:

#37 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 11,543 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 20:22

Piastri is damned if he wins it. There's nothing really for him in 2022, a year elsewhere and he loses the momentum.

If I were him I'd be throwing it away tactically with a fake mech failure, bag a seat next year and drive the wheels off straight to F1 in 2023.

It's a bit of a dangerous strategy though. If he does that and then has a bad year next year for whatever reason - bad luck with poor reliability or he just performs a bit below this year - he loses the momentum anyway. And we all know how quickly a driver's reputation can change in this sport.

#38 danmills

danmills

• 3,147 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 08:47

Difficult. Lesser of two evils - a rusty year out as an Alpine reserve with no competitive racing vs a bad luck ridden second year? I'd say the latter is a better bet, luck hasn't ruined Vips or Lawsons reputation too much, and he'd have the bonus of the first season results.

Looking at next year, the grid doesn't look as menacing as recent years either.

If I were Alpine I'd be calling Alfa Romeo and offering to pay for Piastris seat for a year until Pourchaire promotes / Alonso retires. Get him on the grid before it gets even more crowded, hes too good a talent right now to pass up.

I feel Red Bull are also playing the long game with Williams as another team to bench prospective drivers. There's gonna be a big bottleneck in 2023 with Vips, Hauger, Doohan, Hauger etc. A foot in the door with Albon leads to a path of potential RB swapping around.

Edited by danmills, 07 November 2021 - 08:53.

#39 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,156 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 10:21

Difficult. Lesser of two evils - a rusty year out as an Alpine reserve with no competitive racing vs a bad luck ridden second year? I'd say the latter is a better bet, luck hasn't ruined Vips or Lawsons reputation too much, and he'd have the bonus of the first season results.

Looking at next year, the grid doesn't look as menacing as recent years either.

If I were Alpine I'd be calling Alfa Romeo and offering to pay for Piastris seat for a year until Pourchaire promotes / Alonso retires. Get him on the grid before it gets even more crowded, hes too good a talent right now to pass up.

I feel Red Bull are also playing the long game with Williams as another team to bench prospective drivers. There's gonna be a big bottleneck in 2023 with Vips, Hauger, Doohan, Hauger etc. A foot in the door with Albon leads to a path of potential RB swapping around.

I agree with everything except the final paragraph - there's been one exception in the past when RB parked Ricciardo at HRT but generally they don't ever need more than 4 seats. They'll take the pick of the bunch and get rid of all the other drivers, no matter if they're performing well too.

Advertisement

#40 alonstar

alonstar

• 230 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 10:26

I disagree. Look at Shwartzman. Very hyped after last year, 100% promised to Alfa seat... Now he isn't in the conversations anymore for a F1 seat next year.. This year in F2 damaged his reputation a lot.

Edited by alonstar, 07 November 2021 - 10:40.

#41 Clrnc

Clrnc

• 6,652 posts

Posted 07 November 2021 - 10:29

I disagree. Look at Shwartzmann. Very hyped after last year, 100% promised to Alfa seat... Now he isn't in the conversations anymore for a F1 seat next year.. This year in F2 damaged his reputation a lot.

Yeah thats true. You can't afford to have an off year in motorsports as a young driver, especially without significant backing. 

#42 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 10,928 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 14:55

I disagree. Look at Shwartzman. Very hyped after last year, 100% promised to Alfa seat... Now he isn't in the conversations anymore for a F1 seat next year.. This year in F2 damaged his reputation a lot.

For your information: Schwartzman could still win the F2 title this year, he still is very much in the title battle and he won 2 races which is only one less as Piastri and Zhou. 

That Schwartzman isn't in 'conversations about F1' currently is because he doesn't have the same backing that Zhou has and that the relationship between Sauber & Ferrari doesn't seem to be as good anymore as it used to be, not because he is driving poorly. He still is 3rd overall and still has a shot at the title.

'Hyped' drivers this year like Pourchaire and Lawson scored 2 podiums this season, Schwartzman had 5 so far. Schwartzman will likely end up as a Friday practice tester for Ferrari next year (and Piastri for Alpine).

That drivers like Schwartzman and some others are not linked to an F1 seat or not in F1 already has nothing to do with their talent / ability but everything to do with just 20 seats (and several of those occupied by drivers with rich billionaire daddies and one with an ideal last name) in F1 when we used to have 26-30 seats. Also: people are judging drivers much too harsh and very black & white on this forum. One year you are a driver is a hero and the next a zero.

Edited by William Hunt, 08 November 2021 - 15:06.

#43 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,022 posts

Posted 08 November 2021 - 15:39

For your information: Schwartzman could still win the F2 title this year, he still is very much in the title battle and he won 2 races which is only one less as Piastri and Zhou. 

That Schwartzman isn't in 'conversations about F1' currently is because he doesn't have the same backing that Zhou has and that the relationship between Sauber & Ferrari doesn't seem to be as good anymore as it used to be, not because he is driving poorly. He still is 3rd overall and still has a shot at the title.

'Hyped' drivers this year like Pourchaire and Lawson scored 2 podiums this season, Schwartzman had 5 so far. Schwartzman will likely end up as a Friday practice tester for Ferrari next year (and Piastri for Alpine).

That drivers like Schwartzman and some others are not linked to an F1 seat or not in F1 already has nothing to do with their talent / ability but everything to do with just 20 seats (and several of those occupied by drivers with rich billionaire daddies and one with an ideal last name) in F1 when we used to have 26-30 seats. Also: people are judging drivers much too harsh and very black & white on this forum. One year you are a driver is a hero and the next a zero.

i disagree.

you can't compare the season of  Schwartzman to Pourchaire or Lawson as they don't have the same level of experience.

Let's remember that Robert got blown out of the water by Lando Norris in Eurocup back in 2016 with the same level of experience.

Robert is a nice lad but....he did not show enough during his career in junior formula to be an F1 driver which should not be missed by the sport.

#44 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 10,928 posts

Posted 09 November 2021 - 20:46

Your harshness is a bit ridiculous, not just you but of many on this forum. Off course Schwartzman would be perfectly capable to do a decent job in F1. And he is still 3rd overall with a shot at the title in F2 this year.

I wonder how the comments are going to be next year if Lawson or Pourchaire would have a lesser season. Suddenly they should 'not be missed' by the sport then.... A lot of black & white thinking on this forum. A driver can go from hero to zero in the blink of an eye here.

Edited by William Hunt, 09 November 2021 - 20:47.

#45 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 10,928 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 02:26

Latest rumour is that Calan Williams has signed a 2 year contract to do F2 with Trident... That's a shame: poor driver who only had 1 strong weekend in F3. He was performing poorly in Euroformula Open two years in a row and then had two underwhelming FIA F3 seasons. This is not the kind of driver I want to see promote to F2, there are drivers out there who deserve that seat much more. 

#46 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,813 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 06:39

He will test for Trident.

Prema: Dennis Hauger (?) - Jehan Daruvala (?)

Carlin: Liam Lawson (?) - Ayumu Iwasa (?)

Virtuosi: Marino Sato (?) - Jack Doohan (?)

Hitech: Marcos Armstrong (?)

ART: Théo Pourchaire (?) - Frederik Vesti (?)

MP: Clement Novalak - Felipe Drugovich (?)

Campos: Olli Caldwell (?)

DAMS: Roy Nissany (?)

Charouz:

Trident: Callan Williams (?) – David Schumacher (?)

Van Amersfoort:

#47 Viryfan

Viryfan

• 4,022 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 12:17

Jack Doohan is about to become an Alpine driver in F2 according to Joe Saward

Shwartzman has seemingly given up on his F1 hope altogether.

Edited by Viryfan, 11 November 2021 - 12:18.

#48 Muppetmad

Muppetmad

• 11,085 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 12:25

I feel for Robert, although I think in the long run it might be a blessing in disguise. If he can snap up a Ferrari LMH seat, I imagine he'll do very well.

#49 GhostR

GhostR

• 3,782 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 13:12

Schwartzman's problem is this:

At the end of 2021 he was the third ranked for the Ferrari juniors that had completed at least 1 F2 season. Mick Schumacher got the Haas seat, Illott got the reserve role, and Schwartzman was left in F2 and given an opportunity to prove himself by winning the title. He could still win it, but on balance across the season so far he's been outperformed by a rookie in the same team. That's not what he needed from this season. He needed to lead it from the front, make himself unignorable (think I just created a word...). Instead it's Piastri who's put himself in a position where everyone is talking him up. Even if Piastri ultimately fails to win the title this season, the paddock will forgive him. For Schwartzman, that's not the case. Fail to win it this season, and he'll be consigned to finding non-F1 drives or F1 reserve drives. With Illott off to Indy, that *might* open a door for Schwartzman at Ferrari, but I suspect that would only be temporary.

#50 William Hunt

William Hunt

• 10,928 posts

Posted 11 November 2021 - 13:30

Jack Doohan is about to become an Alpine driver in F2 according to Joe Saward

I don't get why Alpine would do that (unless Doohan's sponsors are paying Alpine for it) since Alpine has already got Zhou (well he's probably off to Sauber), Piastri, Martins, Collet & Saucy (I assume he will be added to their program since he won the F. Regional Europe by Alpine title) and they already can't place them in F1...