Photo

Old VSCC Films

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 suttonvscc

suttonvscc

• 31 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 17:24

For those who have not seen them before, there are a large number of films of 1950s and 1960s VSCC meetings on YouTube,, taken by David Roscoe.

Just put ‘David Roscoe VSCC’ into YouTube’s search field.

Here is one as a sample

https://www.youtube....h?v=vjsEUVVD25o

Enjoy……

Advertisement

#2 MCS

MCS

• 4,687 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 19:54

Thanks.  As you suggest, there are plenty more.  Wasn't Oulton Park such a great circuit once upon a time...

Away from VSCC meetings, I also enjoyed this one:

Edited by MCS, 19 November 2021 - 19:58.

#3 john aston

john aston

• 2,683 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 07:51

Oulton still was a great circuit, last time I  visited,  earlier this year. Knickerbrook apart, it has changed very little and is looked after to a far higher standard by MSV than it was by its  predecessors    

#4 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 4,979 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 11:10

I was educated at Wolverhampton, Cambridge (er, secondary school), and Oulton Park, my second ever race meeting being the Seaman Trophies in 1957. These Youtube films are slightly later but bring back great memories. The camera work is impressive and best appreciated with the volume off. (Wonder why racing film was always accompanied by tiddly-diddly music in those days).

And yes, John - I think Jonathan Palmer deserves to join the list of ennobled drivers for what he's done in preserving and enhancing Oulton, Brands, and Cadwell, and transforming Snetterton into something much better.

Edited by Sterzo, 20 November 2021 - 11:15.

#5 68targa

68targa

• 1,134 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 11:47

Oulton educated me into the sport in 1959 and these films do bring back memories of the parkland setting and easy going relaxed atmosphere. My last visit was in 1982 and I am told that it still retains something of this feel and although there is necessary catch fencing, this has been kept to a minimum.   I understand that it is also more difficult to end up in the lake   -  so hats off to JP it could have been a lot worse.

#6 StuartTooth

StuartTooth

• 6 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 16:18

Thanks for pointing these out.

As others have said, the Oulton Park ones perfectly capture the atmosphere of thiose 60s Richard Seanan Trophies.

And there are many other ‘gems’ as welll…….