Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

New F1 Film - Kosinski, Bruckheimer, Kruger, Pitt... Hamilton (Title TBC)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 danmills

danmills

• 3,148 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 21:15

So the rumours doing the rounds that seemingly there is a new F1 based movie on the cards.

Brad Pitt to star and Lewis Hamilton involved.

No title yet or definite theme. Joseph Kosinski (Top Gun: Maverick) is down to direct and was originally working together with Pitt on another film that eventually became Ford vs Ferrari with another director and team. Wasn't a bad film by any means.

Jerry Bruckheimer (Top Gun, Con Air, Armageddon, Bad Boys, Pirates of the Caribbean, Gone in 60 Seconds, Pearl Harbour) and Ehren Kruger (The Ring, Transformers, Dumbo) are also involved.

Not quite sure where they could be going. Whether it's a heavy direct Lewis involvement or bragging rights to naming some of his input. I cannnot imagine him acting in a film with this level of blockbuster management.

My wildcard bet is Pitt playing Colin Chapman or a wildcard, Ron Dennis type team boss role in a fictional plot.

I actually think with makeup and a tash Pitt would do a great Chapman. Stil can't work out where Lewis comes in though.

If they turn Pitt into Nico it'll be an instant cult classic pmsl. 

Every film production company is allegedly vying for it, including Disney, and also streaming services like Netflix and Apple.

Edited by danmills, 05 December 2021 - 13:19.

Advertisement

#2 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 21:23

Sounds awful but as long as it stays mostly fictional instead of 'based on a true story' it won't be offensively bad. Just cheesy. 

How are they going to do the unlimited-gear-changes-when-overtaking with modern race cars?

#3 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 8,255 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 21:28

I actually think with makeup and a tash Pitt would do a great Chapman. Stil can't work out where Lewis comes in though.

Jim Clark (is Netflix involved?)

Edited by Jovanotti, 04 December 2021 - 21:29.

#4 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 21:29

Hamilton probably to executive produce or advise or whatever.

#5 andyscoot

andyscoot

• 1,156 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 21:31

Lewis will presumably be an advisory role, maybe a small acting role.

There's just as big a chance that this comes to nothing. For every film that's gets made there's probably 20 in "production" and never see the light of the day.

#6 RekF1

RekF1

• 2,189 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 21:44

Sounds awful but as long as it stays mostly fictional instead of 'based on a true story' it won't be offensively bad. Just cheesy. 

How are they going to do the unlimited-gear-changes-when-overtaking with modern race cars?

I wanted Matthew McConaughey, as a 12 year old girl who kills all the neighborhood pets. She joins F1 and poisons Roscoe, which makes Lewis miss the last 7 races of the season. Lewis goes into retirement to find a cure for Roscoe. He hires, Dr Woo, from the Jurassic park films who is able to trace the source of the prob back to a parent company owned by a young lady called ............................. Matthew McConaughey!

After that, Dr Woo tried to turn Mazepin into a hybrid mazeraptor. Lewis and Matty Mac, have to forget their grievances, and combine forces to kill Dr Woo.

#7 P123

P123

• 23,879 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 22:06

I wanted Matthew McConaughey, as a 12 year old girl who kills all the neighborhood pets. She joins F1 and poisons Roscoe, which makes Lewis miss the last 7 races of the season. Lewis goes into retirement to find a cure for Roscoe. He hires, Dr Woo, from the Jurassic park films who is able to trace the source of the prob back to a parent company owned by a young lady called ............................. Matthew McConaughey!

After that, Dr Woo tried to turn Mazepin into a hybrid mazeraptor. Lewis and Matty Mac, have to forget their grievances, and combine forces to kill Dr Woo.

Take my money!

#8 r4mses

r4mses

• 2,348 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 22:12

Get Nick Cage in there and I'm in for it. Other then that... forget it :p

#9 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,181 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 22:16

Hamilton and Brad Pitt go wheel to wheel down the pit straight at Monza, on F3000 cars painted with F1 liveries. 50 different camera shots are played out as they take about a whole minute to travel the whole straight. Brad looks left, Lewis looks right and they make eye contact. In slow motion Brad moves his right hand out of the modern steering wheel, into a H-pattern gearbox, and drops down a gear, suddenly shooting up ahead of Lewis. Lewis then brakes super late in another scene that takes like 15 seconds, whilst screeching sounds play out indefinitely. They take turn 1, then real life footage of the Lewis-Max accident this season plays out. Brad and Lewis walk out of the cars (now a F3 car and a mid 2000s F1 double seater), and have a fight scene. Their wives and Roscoe scramble to pull them apart.

Edited by noikeee, 04 December 2021 - 22:19.

#10 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 7,745 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 23:07

Hamilton will be playing Ayrton Senna

#11 flingsofdeon

flingsofdeon

• 599 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 23:17

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

#12 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,281 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 23:41

can Hollywood please leave us alone

Lewis will presumably be an advisory role, maybe a small acting role.

There's just as big a chance that this comes to nothing. For every film that's gets made there's probably 20 in "production" and never see the light of the day.

the hollywood reporter article implies that there seems to be quite the bidding war between production companies and streaming services already (why?), so it will likely happen.

Edited by Marklar, 04 December 2021 - 23:43.

#13 as65p

as65p

• 26,207 posts

Posted 04 December 2021 - 23:48

Hamilton will be playing Ayrton Senna

For all the wrong reasons, but I would pay to see that. :p

#14 andyscoot

andyscoot

• 1,156 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 00:10

can Hollywood please leave us alonethe hollywood reporter article implies that there seems to be quite the bidding war between production companies and streaming services already (why?), so it will likely happen.

This is something I know a fair bit about and it's absolutely not unusual. Rival studios will bid for the rights simply to stop their competitors having IPs to produce without ever having the intention of making it. Now that streaming platforms are so big quantity (or lack of) is a huge driving factor in customer retention.

That's ignoring the sheer volume of films that end up in development hell on top of it. It could we'll get made but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

That said, I wouldn't say no to a Lewis v Nico film.

#15 MaxCrazyEddieCayer

MaxCrazyEddieCayer

• 436 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 02:41

So the rumours doing the rounds that seemingly there is a new F1 based movie on the cards.

Brad Pitt to star and Lewis Hamilton involved.

No title yet or definite theme. Joseph Kosinski (Top Gun: Maverick) is down to direct and was originally working together with Pitt on another film that eventually became Ford vs Ferrari with another director and team. Wasn't a bad film by any means.

Jerry Bruckheimer (Top Gun, Con Air, Armageddon, Bad Boys, Pirates of the Caribbean, Gone in 60 Seconds, Pearl Harbour) and Ehren Kruger (The Ring, Transformers, Dumbo) are also involved.

Not quite sure where they could be going. Whether it's a heavy direct Lewis involvement or bragging rights to naming some of his input. I cannnot imagine him acting in a film with this level of blockbuster management.

My wildcard bet is Pitt playing Colin Chapman or a wildcard, Ron Dennis type team boss role in a fictional plot.

If they turn Pitt into Nico it'll be an instant cult classic.

Ouff, that sounds like a very tedious movie. All folks involved in insipid, horrible Hollywood equivalent of McDonalds, but if it was reheated in the microwave the next day.

Hamilton as consultant or not, sounds like driven 2:Formula 1

#16 IrvTheSwerve

IrvTheSwerve

• 5,022 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 08:58

Could be a fun idea to speculate who would play each driver   ;)

Kimi Raikkonen badly casted as Dwayne Johnson...

Valtteri Bottas played by Timothy Spall...

...and a guest appearance from Michael Masi, played by Robert Downey Jr as Kirk Lazarus in Tropic Thunder...

#17 pdac

pdac

• 17,122 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 10:30

can Hollywood please leave us alonethe hollywood reporter article implies that there seems to be quite the bidding war between production companies and streaming services already (why?), so it will likely happen.

"quite a bidding war" sometimes means "there's been little interest, but we're hoping that this statement will boost interest".

#18 domhnall

domhnall

• 1,668 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 10:44

https://www.youtube....h?v=zsKV0BrPMIY

Had to look up Driven on youtube after seeing this thread. I haven't seen that clip in years, had forgotten how over the top it was, so funny  :lol: .

Would love to see a film made akin to Moneyball, that really focuses on the behind the scenes stuff and the relationships between the key members of the sport/team and the wheeling and dealing involved in professional sport. One of my favorite movies ever that.

#19 JimmyClark

JimmyClark

• 4,762 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 10:53

https://www.youtube....h?v=zsKV0BrPMIY

Had to look up Driven on youtube after seeing this thread. I haven't seen that clip in years, had forgotten how over the top it was, so funny :lol: .

I remember many years ago having an Australian gp party with some mates, and we watched this before the race. After a few beers, it really is a hilarious experience.

Advertisement

#20 BRG

BRG

• 25,898 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 12:08

In the words of Marvin, the Paranoid Android, "Sounds awful"

#21 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 4,209 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 12:46

Uh oh...

#22 danmills

danmills

• 3,148 posts

Posted 05 December 2021 - 13:26

I thought the Willy Ribbs story route would be too obvious despite being 'on trend' right now. And that story was already released fairly recently. Lewis could certainly have an excellent input into helping share the same kinda message but has himself his own to tell.

Or is Brad Pitt gonna play a gender fluid grid person love interest...