This is a request to all Racing Comments members to have a say in how F1 team related discussion is carried out. Our aim on the moderation team is to ensure the best environment for discussion of F1. That includes members being able to locate and contribute to topics that are relevant to your interests. We know that part of that is being able to talk about your favourite drivers, teams and their cars.
The current system is one we adopted a few years ago. Technical discussion of the particular car in a dedicated thread, and a catch all thread for the non-technical side, which includes the drivers. Previously we had teammate "vs" threads and catch all team threads. The vs threads were too much trouble and the technical stuff often got lost in other arguments, hence why we moved away from that.
So please reply to this thread with your ideas or your preferences. Maybe you think a single topic would be best? Maybe you'd like the topics broken up more? Should we consider a more flexible approach? Some teams generate more traffic that others. A team like McLaren or Red Bull generates a lot more chat than, say, Alfa Romeo or Haas.
Please note the following:
- We will not allow single driver or driver vs driver threads. We've tried that. It doesn't work.
- Team threads are not clubhouses. They will not be for discussing on track events, anywhere from testing to racing. All are welcome in any discussion, be it to praise or criticise.
- Your feedback will be read but no promises will be made as to our implementation.
- The House Rules may be subject to change. We will alert you of any changes but it is your responsibility to read them.
- Don't worry about the 2022 threads that have already been started. We're willing to put the work in to split and merge threads as necessary.
- There won't be a poll, so stop asking. We want your thoughts and ideas.
So let us know what you'd like to see. If you're comfortable doing so, please indicate which team or driver you are mainly interested in, or none at all.
This thread will remain open until 23:59 GMT, Saturday 22nd January 2022.