Welcome to another season of Guess the Grid!
Results will come in scarcely, and should I forget to open a topic for an upcoming race, please use the previous race's topic.
Last season scheivlak won his first GtG trophy. Will he win again and join the other 2X Champions, f1paul, Grayson and Makarias?
The list of past champions:
2001 Pit Babe
2008 Juan Kerr
2012 race addicted
2016 Brawn BGP 001
Most of you know the rules - but i'll repeat them here again...
INSTRUCTIONS - IMPORTANT - READ FIRST!!!
ROUND 8 - GUESS THE GRID IN MONACO
Here are the Rules and Scoring system for Round 8:
1. List your guess of the top 10 qualifiers (ON THE GRID) in Monte Carlo. This means the actual top 10 qualifying order of Saturday qualifying without any penalties being taken into acount. The result will be calculated based upon the Qualifying results published by the FIA immediately after saturday qualifying.
2. Please use the follow the format below when posting your guess. Put your user name and your selections as follows (note the use of the / as a separator):
Using the above format saves me a huge amount of time in calculating the results through my spreadsheet.
3. Post your guesses anytime before Thursday First Practice. Late entries will not be taken into account. Changes on the initial entry will be taken into account only if they are made before the deadline. Changes after the deadline render the whole entry invalid, since I can't track the history of the revisions.
4. Scores will be calculated as follows:
* + 3 points for being spot on . (ie. Selecting Ricciardo in 4th and he actually qualifies 4th)
* + 2 points for being one position away from where the driver actually qualifies (ie. Selecting Bottas in 3rd and he qualifies either 2nd or 4th)
* + 1 point for having a driver you selected qualifying anywhere in the top 10 (not spot on or one away) ie. Selecting Hamilton 5th but he qualifies 9th
* + 5 points if you manage to correctly pick all positions in the top 10. (Accomplished by Grayson in 2011)
AND JUST TO CLARIFY some confusion - for example if you pick Sainz 10th and he qualifies 11th you get 2 points, ie 1 position away. The fact that he is out of the top 10 makes you lose no points because you picked him one away at 10th.
5. If a driver you selected is replaced before the deadline then you have to update your entry with his name before the deadline. Should a driver gets replaced for whatever reason after the deadline then all guesses will automatically be updated with the new driver.