Info on the Soviet Madi F1 car from 1973

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Marco94

Marco94

• 393 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 14:14

Hi there,

In an earlier thread, http://www.atlasf1.c...&threadid=14335, the Madi F1 car is shown. Does anyone have data on where this car raced. Also I would like to know if it is related to the MADI-TU technical university in Moskou. They seem to have been involved in a lot of automotive stuff.

Marco.

Advertisement

#2 Flicker

Flicker

• 194 posts

Posted 22 May 2001 - 17:25

Oh, Marco...

Today I've receiver the same Q. from John Dino Tsoutsanis :)

For sure the answer is very simple...
(for me):blush:

This photo was taken in 1973 at USSR championship leg at "Borovoje" road circuit, which (the track) exists and today... in the surburbs of Minsk (now - capital of Belorussia).

And for sure... it (the car) have very-very close related to MADI (Moscow Auto and Road Institute), because it have built in MADI's laboratory of sport cars by engineer, constructor and racing driver Stanislav Gess-de-Kalve!
This car was named MADI-01, and was powered by special tuned GAZ-21-14 engine (6 cilynders, 2998 cc, 125 hp at 5400 rpm) according to national Soviet Formula-1 specifications. This enables car which weight was 736 kgs to reach more than 205 km/h. This car was inspired by F1 Lotus and was even colored the same way: black and gold...
The number at the car "41" was the traditional one for MADI cars... till today!

BTW, on the pic was Gess-de-Kalve himself !
:cool:

And... look what happened a few laps later...:p

Posted Image

Later today (I hope so):stoned: I'l post a few more pics and info about this car... and re-sent them to this thread and to John Dino Tsoutsanis .

P.S. I'm curious... Why did he asked about this car?..

#3 Marco94

Marco94

• 393 posts

Posted 23 May 2001 - 08:44

Ha ha,

John had asked a question about this car on a Dutch Forum. And I presumme he had to findout the answers himself. :D

Thanks!

Marco.

#4 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 2,027 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 22:04

I wonder where it went?

#5 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:35

I asked a number of people who were related to MADI racing cars laboratory, and their answers were conflicting. Some said the car was still standing in Gess-de-Kalve's personal garage, the others assured that it had been destroyed. I don't know what to believe. Gess-de-Kalve died last autumn, so I'm afraid that after his death the MADI 01 - if this car is still safe and sound - can be lost.

#6 Alexander M

Alexander M

• 112 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 20:05

I have heard that it was shown at some MADI exhibition at least in 2007.

#7 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 20:39

:eek: Photos please! :eek:

#8 Alexander M

Alexander M

• 112 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 21:01

Those I unfortunately don't have and would also like to see them. But if the exhibition would take place this year, there is a (small) chance to find it there. There is also a little possibility that the man who told me this could confuse it with another period Soviet racing car.

Edited by Alexander M, 01 July 2009 - 21:02.