Website resized for mobile?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cliff

Cliff

• 2,080 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 10:43

Hi,

Did you update the website size for mobile? Everything is tiny now and very hard to read unless you manually zoom in. Which makes for a very clunky user experience.

Advertisement

#2 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • Racing Sims Forum Host

• 45,699 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 10:47

Hi Cliff. Are you referring to the forum or the Autosport site?

Not that either is any different on my end?

Have you accidentally gone into the full desktop version while on mobile?

#3 Cliff

Cliff

• 2,080 posts

Posted 11 August 2022 - 11:10

Hi Cliff. Are you referring to the forum or the Autosport site?

Not that either is any different on my end?

Have you accidentally gone into the full desktop version while on mobile?

The forum, and It's on mobile version. Normally it resizes all the text-boxes so it's easy to read. Now It's the full width like on the desktop version.

Very strange :)

Edited by Cliff, 11 August 2022 - 11:10.

#4 Risil

Risil
  • Administrator

• 61,328 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 09:30

Hard to tell without a screenshot, but is it possible you're on the desktop version of the forum by mistake? This can happen, seemingly when you've got two simultaneous sessions on mobile and desktop (yeah, sad that I know that).

#5 Myrvold

Myrvold

• 15,853 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 13:30

The forum, and It's on mobile version. Normally it resizes all the text-boxes so it's easy to read. Now It's the full width like on the desktop version.

Very strange :)

Down to the left on the full version, you have a "change theme" button. Click that and choose "mobile" to get the mobile version.
On the mobile version, it's a single button at the bottom saying "full version" to get the desktop mode.

#6 Cliff

Cliff

• 2,080 posts

Posted 16 August 2022 - 23:36

Thanks everyone, finally figured it out. The zoom level settings which you can find in the iPhone general settings were somehow set to 50%, specifically only for this site..

Fixed now so I can finally see what’s going on again 😅

#7 1player

1player

• 1,166 posts

Posted 28 August 2022 - 08:52

Timely topic. I have a similar issue: I read the forum both on my mobile and desktop PC. Until I touched anything, they both used the appropriate theme: larger on desktop, compact on mobile.

Once, by mistake, I changed the theme on my phone, and now they're both linked, either both compact layout (so it's comically large on desktop), or both desktop layout (so it's comically small on mobile).

Tried clearing my cookies, but I'm not sure how to return to having the two devices show a different, and more appropriate theme. Any help?

EDIT: nevermind, logging out, clearing more cookies, logging in multiple times, and it's fixed itself.

Edited by 1player, 28 August 2022 - 09:07.