Doug Nye

• 11,106 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 20:35

:cool:

#4 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,092 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 20:55

No sign of the price on the website so presumably not for toerags like me  :rolleyes:

#5 marksixman

marksixman

• 84 posts

Posted 12 August 2022 - 21:05

I bet DCN has a +1 !!!!!

#6 Derwent Motorsport

Derwent Motorsport

• 775 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 07:17

When there at least three businesses involved in organising the event it's going to be costly to get in because I would assume that the potential audience will be a few hundred at best.  We will see.

#7 john aston

john aston

• 2,351 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 08:20

My invitation to do a book signing must have been lost in the post ..

#8 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 6,668 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 10:55

Good luck to all involved, something to keep one off the streets on a cold winters day and perfectly timed for the season mass consumption, does that make it a win, win ?

#9 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,098 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 05:37

Looks expensive.

Not the entrance, but what might ensue... :|

It's not the cheapest, no. Certainly if you wanted to do as much as possible. If you pick and choose what you do, it's not too bad when you compare it against other events.

https://www.ticketta...68/?ref=powr-io

Edited by Richard Jenkins, 20 August 2022 - 05:40.

#10 ensign14

ensign14

• 57,834 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 07:35

I was thinking more of what books might be on offer.  ;)

#11 jtremlett

jtremlett

• 212 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 08:27

It's not the cheapest, no. Certainly if you wanted to do as much as possible. If you pick and choose what you do, it's not too bad when you compare it against other events.

https://www.ticketta...68/?ref=powr-io

I don't think that's unreasonable, starting at £15 for basic entry, although it would depend upon what is actually there on the day.  Two or three speaker sessions would add a bit.  But somewhat frustrating that they're running simultaneously in three theatres and, typically, the two of most interest to me clash.

#12 SamoanAttorney

SamoanAttorney

• 316 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 08:50

Porter Press have a launch next week at Silverstone of my old mate's 962 book.

Serge has been working for over 30 years on this.

If the 956 tome is anything to go by it will be a cracker but bring along someone strong to lift it.

The text below was part of the general mail out they sent out yesterday to their list.

So I presume that anyone who wishes to attend should just drop them a note.

Porter Press would also like to invite you to join us for the launch of the spectacular Ultimate Works Porsche 962 books written by Serge Vanbockryck - all three volumes!

To celebrate the launch, we are thrilled to be joined by Derek Bell, John Fitzpatrick, John Watson and Richard Watling who, together with Serge, will take part in a panel discussion on everything 962, fronted by Wayne Scott. This will be followed by a book signing.

This will take place at the Silverstone Interactive Museum from 6pm. Please RSVP to louise@porterpress.co.uk by Tuesday 23rd August.

#13 PRD

PRD

• 449 posts

Posted 20 August 2022 - 18:27

I’ve booked to go in November, taking in the Theatre 1 lectures and refreshments so £150 for the day. I’ll probably bring a few books along for autographing

Do we know how much the three volume ultimate works 962 magnus opus is going to cost? My guess is £600 for the least expensive version

#14 PRD

PRD

• 449 posts

Posted 23 August 2022 - 17:04

I’ve booked to go in November, taking in the Theatre 1 lectures and refreshments so £150 for the day. I’ll probably bring a few books along for autographing

Do we know how much the three volume ultimate works 962 magnus opus is going to cost? My guess is £600 for the least expensive version

Have heard from Porter Press about the above books and posted the info on the main book thread

#15 PRD

PRD

• 449 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 10:42

As a further incentive for booking, Porter Press are now offering one free book per paid-for lecture as well as a book for attending the event, I've posted the relevant part of their email below

We are delighted to announce that anyone booking to attend the first Motoring Literary & Art Festival will be able to choose a free book from a list of more than a dozen Porter Press titles. For each theatre session booked, attendees will be entitled to another free book per session - while stocks last.

‘Of course, this also applies to all those who have already booked,’ states Philip Porter. ‘It is our way of thanking those who support this new and very different winter motoring event, just before Christmas.

‘It is also an encouragement to book as soon as possible as stocks are limited.’

The list: Great Cars D-typeStirling Moss Scrapbook 1955Exceptional Cars Maserati 4CLTModel T FordStirling Moss - The Definitive BiographyGreat Cars Lightweight E 49 FXNAustin-Healey DD 300Exceptional Cars XK 120Stirling Moss Scrapbook 1929-54Exceptional Cars Aston Martin UlsterLiving The Goode LifeCoachbuilt Cars - Jaguar XK 120 SupersonicBarry Cryer ScrapbookXK Files - 120. Having booked, you will have the opportunity to make your choices.

Edited by PRD, 08 September 2022 - 10:48.

#16 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,092 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 13:28

Had to google the Barry Cryer Scrapbook to make sure it was the late lamented comedian rather than someone with a motoring connection  :D

#17 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 3,370 posts

Posted 08 September 2022 - 16:11

Had to google the Barry Cryer Scrapbook to make sure it was the late lamented comedian rather than someone with a motoring connection  :D

You'll have had your tea, Little Chris?

#18 Gav Astill

Gav Astill

• 234 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 09:36

Despite the price I've decided to give it a go. Booked the BRM and the Hesketh talks. Can't help thinking that a certain regular contributor to this forum and well known book writer should be on the BRM panel .....  :)

Any inside (or indeed, outside) info on exhibitors yet?

#19 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,098 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 12:30

Despite the price I've decided to give it a go. Booked the BRM and the Hesketh talks. Can't help thinking that a certain regular contributor to this forum and well known book writer should be on the BRM panel ..... :)

Any inside (or indeed, outside) info on exhibitors yet?

Well if you add too many people onto the panel, it'll be longer than the queue to see HMQ lie in state...

From latest blurb:
Quick Literary Festival & Art Festival update: the BRM panel will include Howden Ganley, Tony Southgate, Mike Pilbeam and, provisionally, Sir Jackie Stewart. Motor Sport magazine is on board as Media Partner. Simon Kidston has kindly accepted our invitation to speak. We have a fine, and rapidly growing, list of exhibitors including other publishers and leading artists.

Advertisement

#20 MCS

MCS

• 4,541 posts

Posted 17 September 2022 - 17:04

For the BRM Panel Discussion - as an example - is it an open forum?  Or to put it another way, who provides and asks the questions?