Photo

Team Audi at Chimney Rock Hill Climb

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AudiCowboy

AudiCowboy

• 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2022 - 17:52

I'm researching a story and looking for verification of something I was told.  Apparently in either 1984 or 1985, more likely the later, Team Audi ran the Chimney Rock hill climb as practice for Pikes Peak.  I was told Michele Mouton drove the car.  Can anyone verify this story?  Once confirmed I will request more info from the IMRRC in Watkins Glen.  But I wanted to ensure this wasn't a wild goose chase first.  Thx!  Steve Johnson

Advertisement

#2 BRG

BRG

• 25,898 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 12:38

Probably not 1984 as there is no sign of Audi in this video.

Can't fins a 1985 video though.

But  this website has no mention of any Audi entry in any year, which I am pretty sure would have been a subject of great interest.  And Michele would probably have won the event anyway!

#3 guiporsche

guiporsche

• 343 posts

Posted 15 November 2022 - 13:55

No reference whatsoever to it in Davenport and Klein's Audi Quattro Rally History book. 

#4 AudiCowboy

AudiCowboy

• 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2022 - 17:50

Thanks for the input folks.  I doubted 1984 was the year after watching the video.  On The Southern Driver website I did find a picture of an Audi under the Chimney Rock Hillclimb Photos link (https://thesouthernd...llclimb-photos/ ).  Look for it just below the poster for the Grand Finale 50th running.  It looks the most like the car ran in the 1985 Pikes Peak but the livery in wrong.  Can anybody shed any light on who ran this car and when?  Thx!

Edited by AudiCowboy, 11 December 2022 - 17:56.