- - - - -

Odd jobs in F1

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rodaknee

Rodaknee

• 2,178 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 02:09

Williams F1 are looking for a Talent Acquisition Coordinator.  Is that the new description for a head hunter?

It appears the current holder of that post isn't doing too well, as Williams are looking for a Head of Technical Planning and a Senior Design Engineer - Composites

Interestingly, if you're into the money side of F1, you can aspire to becoming a 'partner' - as in Finance Business Partner.  I'd have a chat with Paddy Lowe before signing up to that!

Advertisement

#2 DogEarred

DogEarred

• 21,459 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 07:05

This is the kind of jargon pervading in the team at the moment, causing a degree of eye rolling.

But the proof of the pudding is whether you can sell it at a profit…

#3 Disgrace

Disgrace

• 31,441 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 07:09

It's just regular corporate job title jargon. I think it means entry-level HR.

#4 CSF

CSF

• 2,835 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 07:59

Williams F1 are looking for a Talent Acquisition Coordinator.  Is that the new description for a head hunter?

It appears the current holder of that post isn't doing too well, as Williams are looking for a Head of Technical Planning and a Senior Design Engineer - Composites

Interestingly, if you're into the money side of F1, you can aspire to becoming a 'partner' - as in Finance Business Partner.  I'd have a chat with Paddy Lowe before signing up to that

If there's one department at Williams I'd be scared to join after the Planning failures of 2018-2020 its Technical Planning!! Oh boy. 

#5 F1matt

F1matt

• 3,282 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 09:50

We live in an era of stupid titles, almost everyone in banking is a vice president, occasionally you bump into a senior vice president....

Years ago I bumped into a guy in the paddock who was an air conditioning engineer for Jaguar F1 team, he literally done nothing unless the air conditioning broke which he said it never did. He didn't work for the team but they were sub contracted for all the European races. Possibly he had the best job in F1, he had to be there but didn't actually have to do anything. 

Edited by F1matt, 16 May 2023 - 09:54.

#6 Zoe

Zoe

• 7,721 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 10:00

If there's one department at Williams I'd be scared to join after the Planning failures of 2018-2020 its Technical Planning!! Oh boy. 

Well,it could also mean a scheduler for all the technical work going on (for example which part goes on which machine first...)

#7 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,349 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 11:03

Former Rolls-Royce driver finally gets his chance?

hs1.jpg

Edited by B Squared, 16 May 2023 - 11:18.

#8 Beri

Beri

• 11,648 posts

Posted 16 May 2023 - 11:09

This is the kind of jargon pervading in the team at the moment, causing a degree of eye rolling.

But the proof of the pudding is whether you can sell it at a profit…

Facility consulting executer is another word for a janitor. Polishing turds is not making a turd not a turd. But it does make the turd a lot fanier.

#9 Nathan

Nathan

• 7,095 posts

Posted 17 May 2023 - 18:10

But don't you have to use the jargon of the industries you are hiring from?  Not a fault of Williams.

#10 balmybaldwin

balmybaldwin

• 2,086 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 21:04

We live in an era of stupid titles, almost everyone in banking is a vice president, occasionally you bump into a senior vice president....

Years ago I bumped into a guy in the paddock who was an air conditioning engineer for Jaguar F1 team, he literally done nothing unless the air conditioning broke which he said it never did. He didn't work for the team but they were sub contracted for all the European races. Possibly he had the best job in F1, he had to be there but didn't actually have to do anything. 

No wonder the Jaguars were so slow if they had air con :rotfl:

#11 MKSixer

MKSixer

• 3,559 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 22:25

Nothing new in that title.  It's been around for the last 15 or so years.