- - - - -

Redbulls DRS trick… what gives?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FirstnameLastname

FirstnameLastname

• 8,778 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 21:23

Redbulls DRS is wildly more effective than the other cars - the other drivers were again commenting on it post race. At races like Spa & Baku that’ll be golden.

I’m sure the other teams have forensically examined that car from all angles, but I wonder what they’ve done to make it quite so effective.

Advertisement

#2 jonklug

jonklug

• 1,865 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 21:28

Didn't look like it to me, Verstappen with DRS and fresher tires took like 5 laps to overtake Leclerc and severely struggled to overtake Hamilton in 2 different stints. DRS seemed pretty normal to me. But do we have data comparing RBR'S drs with others here?

#3 w1Y

w1Y

• 10,795 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 21:30

Something has changed on that red bull I'm convinced now.

Your telling me that they seemed to have gone backwards over handling of curbs, their tyre wear has deteriorated relatively to where they are and they are now struggling a little with balance when they had by far the best balanced car on the grid. There's still pace in the car but I'm buying in to speculatuon they have been asked to change something on their suspension. Something which would impact all those areas.

I didn't see anything odd about Drs. I think people just heard lewis say the red bull were quick with drs

Edited by w1Y, 21 July 2024 - 21:32.

#4 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 13,618 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 21:32

Lewis was taking the p!ss there. There was nothing significant about their Drs speed.

#5 Joseki

Joseki

• 4,374 posts

Posted 21 July 2024 - 21:37

Red Bull DRS today looked quite "mid" and Verstappen was always quite a bit behind with DRS when it mattered so I'm not sure there is even any trick at all.