Photo

60s Era U.S. SCCA/USRRC Scoreboards?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Weltmeister1969

Weltmeister1969

• 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2024 - 18:29

Hi. I’m new to the Forum and have an interest in 60s era SCCA and USRRC sports cars, tracks and races. I’m currently looking for examples of scoreboards from the period, particularly the manual ones. I’ve gone through a number of online digital databases, including The Henry Ford, Revs Institute and Tam’s collections, as well as the historical pages from key tracks with no success. Mike Martin, author of the USRRC compendium, is even lending a hand. I did find a couple late 50s examples from Sebring on barcboys.com, but nothing from the 60s. Photographers apparently preferred action to fixed structures. I’m unsure whether a track might even reconfigure a scoreboard for the once a year USRRC races. Does anyone on the Forum recall coming across a photo and might steer me towards a source? Thanks

Advertisement

#2 WINO

WINO

• 693 posts

Posted 08 September 2024 - 18:13

In Part 6 of the article on Frank Lance [titled: Lonestar Master Mechanic] that was featured on Pete Vack's VeloceToday.com website late last year, there is a photo of Frank at Sebring in March 1965. He is seen holding a Shelby team's scoreboard with the text: Bruce, P2, 339.

Obviously, Sebring was organized by the ARCF, but I am sure the Shelby team used the same boards in SCCA and USRRC events in the 60s.

Edited by WINO, 08 September 2024 - 18:27.