Photo

South American Triangulares: the full story

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 FlyingSaucer

FlyingSaucer

• 119 posts

Posted 17 August 2024 - 02:03

As mentioned in a previous post, I decided to create a new thread regarding the subject. 

Well, I decided to share here a work that consumed the last two months of my life and that (I believe) will answer several of the questions and topics created here on the TNF about Latin American motorsport between the 50s and 60s, including:

The project, which involved the first complete survey (in any language) of all the South American Triangular events, includes summaries of all 3 editions and 7 races, highlighting the main drivers competing in these events. Furthermore, a appendix session is dedicated to the results and cars enrolled in each race.

With this work, I hope to close another big gap that exists regarding sport on my continent. It is worth mentioning that this work is not just my own, counting with the help of several journalists and researchers spread across Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay and UK.

Any criticism or comment is welcome - also, any extra information that may complement this work will also be taken into account by me, in subsequent revisions that may occur.

LINK TO THE PROJECT: https://8w.forix.com...troduction.html

Edited by FlyingSaucer, 17 August 2024 - 02:03.

Advertisement

#2 ReWind

ReWind

• 3,536 posts

Posted 17 August 2024 - 07:03

Admirable effort. Congratulations!

But I wonder what was the official name of these championships. Was the name really in English? I would have expected a Spanish or maybe Portuguese term (or both).

And it would be helpful if the dates on which the races took place were added in the Appendices.

#3 BRG

BRG

• 26,562 posts

Posted 17 August 2024 - 08:43

According to this Argentinian site, it was called the Torneo Triangular Sudamericano

#4 MarkBisset

MarkBisset

• 947 posts

Posted 18 August 2024 - 03:32

Great stuff Lorenzo,

I thoroughly enjoyed the material about a topic of which I knew nothing.

Thanks to you and your co-conspirators!

Mark

#5 FlyingSaucer

FlyingSaucer

• 119 posts

Posted 19 August 2024 - 12:49

And it would be helpful if the dates on which the races took place were added in the Appendices.

Ok, I can do that. I can't guarantee when, but it will definitely be on my to-do list for the next month.

According to this Argentinian site, it was called the Torneo Triangular Sudamericano

In spanish, you are correct!

In portuguese (my native language) is Torneio Triangular Sul-Americano. I took the artistic liberty of "anglophonizing" the name of the championship, to make it easier to find on internet search engines - something that I didn't do with the names of the events themselves, as there are no literal translation for them.

In the future, I want to write a book on the subject and all information optimized for the web will be reverted to the original form; in other words, in their respective languages (portuguese and spanish).

P.S.: thanks for all the compliments!!!

Edited by FlyingSaucer, 19 August 2024 - 12:50.