Photo

Motoring News - 21st September 1967 (merged)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davidbuckden

davidbuckden

• 149 posts

Posted 26 September 2024 - 11:58

Another log shot regarding the Snetterton 500 kms meeting, 17th September 1967 - does anyone have the 21st September 1967 issue of Motoring News lurking in their stash please?  

Thanks again.

Advertisement

#2 small block

small block

• 211 posts

Posted 26 September 2024 - 18:28

I have that issue. PM me with your email address and I'll send you scans of the relevant pages.

#3 davidbuckden

davidbuckden

• 149 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:47

Many, many thanks to small block for so readily meeting my request for help.  The co-operative spirit of so many on this forum makes it one of the very best of its kind and I consider it invaluable. 

#4 Gregor Marshall

Gregor Marshall

• 1,334 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:26

I'll have a look - I definitely did have it, as it contained my Dad's result from the race (Retired, oil pouring through the clutch) and the date of edition the race report is in is 21st September.
I defintiely have the programme reasonable easily accessible and Frank DJ very kindly sent me what details he had before he sadly passed away - http://touringcarrac...Snetterton.html

#5 davidbuckden

davidbuckden

• 149 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:55

Thanks Gregor - much appreciated.  However, for some reason, my request was posted twice and I've already had a response to the first one, resulting in my receiving a scan of the race report this morning.  Terrific mix of cars at that meeting and I'd be highly surprised if your dad's driving didn't add a generous measure of spice to the action!  But his greatest achievement from my viewpoint was to make a Vauxhall - a Vauxhall! - seem a highly desirable car: I had some very stimulating fantasies about getting behind the wheel of a Droop Snoot!  Regards, David