- - - - -

Derek Warwick interview and autobiography

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PlatenGlass

PlatenGlass

• 4,944 posts

Posted Today, 10:59

I just listed to an interview with Derek Warwick on the BBC website, embedded in this page: https://www.bbc.co.u...es/cr4xlr1ydlwo but also a separate link if that doesn't work for any reason: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0jtpd48

Anyway, it seems he's got an autobiography out, which I wasn't previously aware of, called "Never Look Back".

Advertisement

#2 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 6,926 posts

Posted Today, 11:19

Very underrated driver.

#3 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,724 posts

Posted Today, 11:26

Never look back is a funny title for an autobiography, the genre of book that is known precisely for looking back. :p

#4 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 5,711 posts

Posted Today, 11:47

Never look back is a funny title for an autobiography, the genre of book that is known precisely for looking back. :p

...and not the advice the Warwicks would have given to customers who bought their trailers.

#5 IrvTheSwerve

IrvTheSwerve

• 6,025 posts

Posted Today, 12:19

This is a great interview from a while back:

The guy has a couple of good F1 interviews too.

#6 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 46,219 posts

Posted Today, 12:35

Funny That ..was listening on Sunday to An Evening with Derek Warwick. Derek talks with Simon Taylor about his life in motor racing.

So I'm on a real roll with Derek content this week...

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Jp

#7 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 6,926 posts

Posted Today, 12:50

Interesting line in the BBC article saying Derek is widely acknowleged as "the best British driver not to have won a Grand Prix" - I'd say that's a close run thing with Martin Brundle. (And Dario Franchitti for those who've not raced in F1).

#8 ensign14

ensign14

• 63,438 posts

Posted Today, 13:01

Stuart Lewis-Evans, Jackie Oliver, and Mike Hailwood also all came closer - and that's without considering e.g. Kenelm Lee Guinness...

#9 F1matt

F1matt

• 3,748 posts

Posted Today, 14:06

Interesting line in the BBC article saying Derek is widely acknowleged as "the best British driver not to have won a Grand Prix" - I'd say that's a close run thing with Martin Brundle. (And Dario Franchitti for those who've not raced in F1).

Well done on opening a can of worms! No doubt this thread will head in a completely different direction.....

#10 pacificquay

pacificquay

• 6,926 posts

Posted Today, 15:34

Well done on opening a can of worms! No doubt this thread will head in a completely different direction.....

Generally how life and conversation works.

And it's entirely relevant.

#11 chdphd

chdphd

• 2,993 posts

Posted Today, 17:54

Not really underrated then.

#12 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 13,893 posts

Posted Today, 18:32

never look back is also something FiA stewards to when judging a racing incident. Every week we have a different outcome