Photo

Norton warning on autosport.com pages

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 mariner

mariner

• 2,377 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 16:10

sorry to post this here but has anybody else got a dangerous link warning from Norton when  accessing autosport.com pages?

I tried to ask this via thea  website help page but it is shown as locked so I am askng here as this is the most visited forum.

Advertisement

#2 IrvTheSwerve

IrvTheSwerve

• 6,033 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 16:12

Only when I open up the AD21 thread.

#3 Clatter

Clatter

• 45,528 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 16:15

Have you checked your devices for malware?

#4 Grippy

Grippy

• 523 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 16:30

I get a warning very occasionally when Malwarebytes blocks a dodgy item on a forum page. It says safe to continue viewing the page so I think it is because someone has linked an image from a compromised site. if the page or Autosport itself is unsafe I assume I'd get my red-letter warning about unsafe site and my browser won't access it.

I've not had any probs with the latest pages of any thread on front page of 'Racing Comments'

#5 mariner

mariner

• 2,377 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 16:31

yes, clean thanks to Norton 

#6 Sterzo

Sterzo

• 5,736 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 16:39

Some basic questions, mariner. Do you get the warning as soon as you go to autosport.com? Or does it appear after logging in? Does it remain on every page?

Also: Do you go to the site from a bookmark? Is your browser set to clear cache (or history) when it closes? (This would give a clue as to whether it's a once-off warning that's lurking on your PC and could be cleared easily).

#7 pdac

pdac

• 18,095 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 17:20

Never use any antivirus software, so I would never know.

#8 RainyAfterlifeDaylight

RainyAfterlifeDaylight

• 4,815 posts

Posted 03 October 2024 - 18:16

sorry to post this here but has anybody else got a dangerous link warning from Norton when  accessing autosport.com pages?

I tried to ask this via thea  website help page but it is shown as locked so I am askng here as this is the most visited forum.

Thanks for sharing with us. I am not an expert but based on my limited knowledge, I would do two things to solve the problem.

1. Completely clearing browser data and check the website again
  2. Trying another browser to check the website

Edited by RainyAfterlifeDaylight, 03 October 2024 - 18:20.

#9 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 42,674 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 07:14

Difficult to diagnose without access to your system. Are you using an ad blocker? If not, then it's possible that some rogue algorithm from elsewhere is inserting dodgy adverts or links based on your general browsing history. Which might be perfectly innocuous, but the algorithm - having spotted that you like motor sport - might be trying to interest you in (say) sexygridgirls.com (a website I just invented, BTW).

#10 ensign14

ensign14

• 63,473 posts

Posted 04 October 2024 - 07:30

The motorbike coverage is evidently too much for the server.