Photo

Events during the week of the OZ GP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 doohanOK

doohanOK

• 2,133 posts

Posted 03 March 2000 - 15:31

Just wondering if anyone knows of any driver appearances. I know last year Wurz and Fisi were at the Benetton shop in the City but found out a bit too late; anyone know if any F1 drivers are scheduled during the week at the Motorshow? I know Rubinho & Magnussen did the show there about 2 years ago.

I think Club Odeon is doing something on Wednesday night also, and we all know about F1 Racing's ventures at the Elephant & Wheelbarrow.

Is anyone here going to the Motorshow?
Any events worth noting?

regards,
doohanOK.

Advertisement

#2 Ruapuna

Ruapuna

• 285 posts

Posted 03 March 2000 - 15:36

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I just need to say...

I REALLY WISH I WAS THERE!

To all of you lucky bastards who are in Melbourne, have a great week!

#3 BAR up

BAR up

• 125 posts

Posted 03 March 2000 - 23:41

Um, I am going to the Ferrari Marranello ball again this year. Shuey was there last year with Todt, when they launched the 360 Modena. This year apparently Rubens will be there, and another 'suprise guest'.
There will be appearences at the motor show too. Don't know who or when though, but there is a Williams and Jag F1 car on display, so maybe that is a hint.
That's all I got for now.

#4 Nomad

Nomad

• 1,464 posts

Posted 04 March 2000 - 08:43

F1 racing ventures??
A ferrari ball??
Please explain?

#5 BAR up

BAR up

• 125 posts

Posted 04 March 2000 - 11:21

Nomad- each year on Friday night, Maranello have a Ball and the Grand Hyatt Ballroom, black tie, and all that. Its a SIDS foundation fundraiser that one of my best friends runs each year. We get a table of 12 for $110 a head, for 3 course meal, and suprise guests. Articles are donated from various charities to be auctioned off to raise money for the SIDS foundation. Last year we bought the brake disk from Schumeys Ferrari that he crashed in Suzuka a couple of years back. Sits nicley on the mantlepiece!

#6 Falcadore

Falcadore

• 1,637 posts

Posted 04 March 2000 - 13:31

Are there any meetings planned for the week in Melb, any after racing 'socials'?

yours
Mark Jones

#7 doohanOK

doohanOK

• 2,133 posts

Posted 04 March 2000 - 17:21

There's the Grand Prix ball on Friday evening which all the teams and drivers go to. I've already mentioned F1 Racing and Odeon; Heat Nightclub should also have a few racers at night, probably Wednesday, Sunday;
most drivers leave Monday, or Tuesday.

At the motorshow, there's Honda, BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes, Peugeot, Ford, and a few others, not sure about Ferrari;

regards,
doohanOK.

#8 doohanOK

doohanOK

• 2,133 posts

Posted 06 March 2000 - 17:20

I'm just bumping this up to the first page to see if anyone has any knowledge of any F1-related events this week.

regards,
doohanOK.

#9 doohanOK

doohanOK

• 2,133 posts

Posted 07 March 2000 - 10:57

Mazzacane and Gene to be looking at the Melb Sports and Aquatic Centre, at Turn 3 and Salo and Diniz to be jetskiing on the lake on Tuesday, (today).

regards,
doohanOK.