Photo

Fox Sports Morons.com

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Opposite Lock

Opposite Lock

• 1,024 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 00:07

This site sucks donkey. The link for "TV Listings" brings you to another page loaded with news crap about any sport but F1. No links highlighting the fact that the 2000 F1 season is about to start. I'm plenty pissed off, because I gotta depend on this waste of bandwidth for my F1 listings. I'm moving soon, so I quit my subscription to TV Guide (printed listings).

Help me raise a ruckus! Email these bastards.

sportscomments@foxsports.com

Here a copy of my message if you want:

Dear FoxSports Net,

Beautiful site guys. Too bad it's ****ing worthless if your trying to find a specific show and even more so if your a F1 fan. I tried for 15 minutes, waiting through page loads of up to 30 seconds on a T1, only to be faced with a pitiful attempt at offering any real reference to what might actually be playing on your station.

Shouldn't your website support the idea that you actually want folks to tune in to FoxSports? Shouldn't I be able to use your site as a reference to make sure I don't miss my favorite sporting events? News and comment is fine, but it shouldn't dominate your pages. Give a quick, simple reference so that I can find what I want to see ON THE GODDAMN TV, OK? (weeks in advance if neccessary).

The Formula One season starts this Sunday. I find it appalling that you don't have any banners or highlighted links that announce this. Unfortunately, you guys are the only game in town when it comes to my enjoyment of the 2000 F1 season, so I guess I should just bend over and let you guys give it to me AGAIN, just like last year, eh?

You suck. I hope to hell that you guys lose the contract. The coverage isn't even second-rate. But it's all I have. **** you very much.

Sincerely,

Randall Guyton
San Jose, CA

[This message has been edited by Opposite Lock (edited 03-07-2000).]

Advertisement

#2 Todd

Todd

• 18,936 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 00:15

Thanks for pissing in the well. Do you realize that networks are made up of small petty people? Do you think that insulting them is the way to improve their attitude about the insignicant sport you've identified yourself with? If you think that this will be purely a business motivated response to a customer, think about the CART/IRL rift. Tony George destroyed open wheel racing in the US because he didn't feel important enough. He managed to get the US F1 race on his sterile infield circuit because Bernie wants to rub CART's nose in it. Do you think that good F1 presentation for your area on FS will result from you insulting some shlug who probably thinks F1 is as important as his station manager's 12 year old's soccer game on the schedule?

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 03-07-2000).]

#3 Mr. Salty

Mr. Salty

• 5,400 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 00:17

Well Lock,
I know that I would certainly go out of my way to help someone that sent such a thoughtful, reasonable request. ;)

#4 Opposite Lock

Opposite Lock

• 1,024 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 00:25

In understand your responses. But "first time shame on me, second time shame on you"

I corresponded with these guys constantly last year. Very nice and polite. Always giving them the benefit of the doubt. Nothing happened that made it any easier to find specific listings. I tired of being nice! Nothing gets done!

I have spent the last ten years of my professional life in Customer Service admin and management. I am the ****ing KING of Customer Service! I am just so sick and tired of half-assed effort on the part of folks who feel like they are doing me a favor by giving me quality customer service for my money! **** that all the way to hell! It's BULLSHIT!

I don't do that in my job. The customer comes first. There's just so much double-talk from companies these days about "customer service is job one" and all that crap. It's a sham in most cases! Whatever happended to pride in one's work? Is it all just a memory now?

Good GOD, give me Speedvision!

#5 Mr. Salty

Mr. Salty

• 5,400 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 00:33

O Lock,
Your problem is that you lack passion in your beliefs. :D

I was unaware of your battle's with Fox last year. Your e-mail was more of a vent than a request for improvement, right? Probably won't do a damn thing to change the situation, but hey, if it makes you feel better...

You MUST get Speedvision, at least with them you can rely on the race not being pre-empted.

#6 Opposite Lock

Opposite Lock

• 1,024 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 00:58

If only...

I call TCI (now AT$T) quite often to request Speedvision. Two years now...nothing.

I really do not enjoy telling people off, but when push comes to shove...

Yes, perhaps a vent. I do feel better in some respects but for naught I believe.

#7 Pit Babe

Pit Babe
  • Paddock Club Host emerita

• 7,725 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 02:24

Primarily motorsport. To Readers' Comments.

#8 Mr. Salty

Mr. Salty

• 5,400 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 02:53

Congrats O Lock. You and I have both been tossed out of the Paddock Club within a 15 minute span! If they let us back in, I'll buy you a drink. Pit Babe is a hard-ass today! ;)

#9 HappyDude

HappyDude

• 1,682 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 03:59

Oppostie Lock:

You may want to check out the website http://www.tvgrid.com

It's really first class as far as TV listings go. Just type in your zip/postal code, choose your service provider and you get full listings with descriptions up to 2 weeks in advance. You can run searches, and have it email you when various shows (like anything with "Formula One" in the title ) are scheduled to come on. Far superior to TV guide or anything else I've seen.

#10 Psychoman

Psychoman

• 2,711 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 04:04

For the millionth time, I am going to propose that the guys at Fox transfer their coverage from tapedelayed at 10am on FSN to a tapedelay at 1pm--exceptions being Canada, Brazil, and America, all live--on the Fox network, with support of advertising during other sporting events (baseball Game of the Week, figure skating, etc...) and prime-time TV. However, this time I am actually going to email them--and I urge on any of my fellow Yanks on this board to follow suit. Any takers???

------------------
"Hey there, all you middle men
Throw away your fancy clothes
And while you're out there sittin' on a fence
So get off your ass and come down here
'Cause rock 'n' roll ain't no riddle man
To me it makes good, good sense"
-Brian Johnson

#11 Keith Steele

Keith Steele

• 2,901 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 05:41

Thanks HappyDude,
I now have email reminders of all the motorsport I can handle for the next two weeks.

#12 F1razor

F1razor

• 907 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 06:02

LMAO!!

OL, that ought to work wonders. Of course they will take your advice graciously, and wouldn't dream of deleting that email without a second thought, right?...that is, if it makes it by any email rules they have set up that simply delete flame as it comes in.

I understand the flame, but I hope you're not holding your breath for a response or any kind of action on their part.

My solution to Fox Sports coverage is Speedvision.

#13 Yelnats

Yelnats

• 2,026 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 06:14

O Lock, Instead of getting so pissed off, why not buy a dish and get Speedvision? The listings are published in several inexpensive ($3-$4) magazine by catagory, Auto racing being the first of the sports. Makes it real easy!

#14 RedFever

RedFever

• 9,408 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 07:59

Lock, I spent innumerable hours trying to find their listings on their site. They are pretty ********. I mean, it's a TV network. What would you expect to find first? their programming. But not at Fox Sport, oh no, you can spend an hour and still find nothing. They are a pathetic bunch of idiots

#15 Racemind

Racemind

• 25 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 08:44

Using the tvgrid.com site (thanks happydude!), I found that Melbourne is scheduled to be on in my area (Columbus Ohio USA) on Fox Sports Ohio at 10am Sunday March 12. If we all get Fox'ed, the next rebroadcast is at 1pm Mon March 13.

#16 Chris G.

Chris G.

• 6,585 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 08:53

Okay, tvgrid is very cool. Thanks!

#17 Mary

Mary

• 391 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 09:20

Dear Opposite Lock,

I looked up your personal info and I see you are living in the land of the fruits and the nuts. You should move here to NYC. I LOVE (really) living in New York, but rudeness and grumpiness wins here. Tourists come here just to be treated badly (I did, before I moved here).

Why, a few years ago, we had an advertising campaign asking us to be nice to tourists--can you imagine such a thing--it would drive 'em all away!

I'm just pulling your leg for an enjoyable post! Once, in a fit, I sent one to ABC/ESPN (after the dissed CART, again) telling them to chop off their testicles (or something to that effect).

Mary