Photo

I just can't trust Scumacher, can you?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 22:29

At the eleventh hour, Schumacher chooses to speak. Hmm, the season is just around the corner and I really need to shore up my image...

He claims it was pretty obvious he would have won the title had he not shunted. Yeah, obvious, right Mikey.

He says he's had contract offers that would have given two titles -- ok maybe the offers, but two titles? Just like that, no sweat, piece of black forest cake. Yeah, right Mikey.

He says no one understands the real him. Which one is real? The punt the guy off to win Mikey, or the, well, punt the guy off to win Mikey, but I am as human as you, Mikey? Huh? What is this guy on? We understand you Mikey, your just like us! Your not calculating or dishonest. Yeah, I believe you, Mikey.

You have my sympathy, Mikey. I apologize for misunderstanding you! I made the fatal mistake of using actual actions and deeds as a way of assessing someone -- stupid me. I have always admitted your speed, Mikey, no doubt about that. But now I know why! Your so ****ing slick, Mikey!

Advertisement

#2 Smooth

Smooth

• 10,359 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 22:49

I am a bit confused. Do you like Schuey, or not? ;) Lighten up.

-Smooth

#3 The RedBaron

The RedBaron

• 6,593 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 22:54

Why don't you try and become a 180 degree radius and come back on yourself....doh!! :rolleyes: .......same old, same old

#4 molive

molive

• 9,799 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 22:59

MS is trying so hard to change his image...

or is he?

#5 RaggedEdge

RaggedEdge

• 2,051 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:01

To quote an 80s pop song: "Ooh Mickey, you are so pretty" :)

Perhaps Schumi thinks it is time for the dreaded "psychological warfare". After all, he is clearly longing for those golden times of 1994-95 when he actually had some non-imagenary WDC success.

Perhaps it is Mika's time to say after this year "I would have won third WDC had I been driving Ferari". Imagenary world is a better place.

Perhaps F1 will be more interesting to watch if there is some real tension between Mika and Michael, rather than that mutual respect thing that has been going on over the last two years. Who knows, maybe Mika will even slash at Michael!

#6 Toxicant

Toxicant

• 2,192 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:05

Is there any doubt about him being a fan??? It's so obvious, he's just realizing that his HERO is human..

It's amazing how passionate some people are about their hero's ....doesn't make sense to me ....he's JUST a racing car driver.

Someone is wrapped a little to tight LOL

Tox!

#7 RedFever

RedFever

• 9,408 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:17

there is no guarantee he would have won other titles elsewhere. But his logic is not crazy. He challeneged Mika until the last race in 98, for example, with an inferior car 90% of the time. If he had the same McLaren, he figures he would have won. There is no guarantee, he could have crashed and got injured in race 1, but he's got a valid point there. After all, why is Ron Dennis, the guy with the best cars, offering Schumi a seat two years in a row??? because Schumi is the only that cab beat him and Mika. With Schumi on board, he knows he has won the title since Australia. Who could beat Schumi and Mika on McLarens?

#8 Laphroaig

Laphroaig

• 456 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:19

oh well, what's new.. Schummi is talking incoherently, Irvine is blasting Coulthard, Coulthard is blasting Irvine, Hakkinen is back to his usual mouth-movement-with-synchronized-sound without saying anything real, Prost is already exusing himself again, Stewart Mansell and Scheckter joined Lauda in the wish-we-were-still-driving club (brundle just filled in an application form)...
So what's new???

#9 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:49

wow, I was trying to be a bit tongue in cheek and humorous. You know have a little fun. So, what happens, I get accused of being wound too tight. Whoa! :) The Schuey fans are just alittle aggressive, defensive and abusive (to fellow posters) Exactly the response I expected !!!!

#10 RaggedEdge

RaggedEdge

• 2,051 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:49

Laphroaig, well put. :)

#11 Toxicant

Toxicant

• 2,192 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:54

Oh stop it, I was laughing when I said you were wound to tight...you putz :)

Besides, it's nice to not be disapointed!

Tox!

#12 Smooth

Smooth

• 10,359 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:55

So, 130r, your response to people saying lighten up is to say 'Lighten up'? OK! :)Where is the aggression or insult? every post here, except your initial post, is pretty obviously tongue in cheek. I am glad this is just sport!!! -Ciao!

#13 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 00:34

Ah Smooth, you know me too well. :)

Oh, and same to you redBaron!

[This message has been edited by 130R (edited 03-08-2000).]

[This message has been edited by 130R (edited 03-08-2000).]

#14 Smooth

Smooth

• 10,359 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 00:37

Aw, gee 130R! We'lll hash it out when MS wraps up the WDC at Indy this year.... RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!! (I will also be in Canada, but he may not quite have it done by June! :) )

Ta-Ta!

#15 MN

MN

• 978 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 11:31

I feel same as 130R's base post!!!!!

As I said elsewhere, it was suspicious when MS punted DH and dammaged his car bad enough and forcing DH to retire.
But after witnessing his clearly intentional move on JV for same effect I would say MS is a DIRTY PIG. This guy has no dignity, he will do whatever he has to do to win WDC and will say whatever word comes to his mind to keep his fans on his side.
Admittedly MS is the best driver on the F1 circuits today but Pig is Pig. :o)

#16 Daemon

Daemon

• 5,452 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 11:41

F1 is a multi-billion dollar industry, no business. Remember the old saying,"there are no friends in business". So what if Schuey punted DC, DC was is question at Spa '98. And Schuey punting JV. Well he got no points nor a championship placing for '97. If that isn't punishment, then what is. I probably would have done the same thing at Jerez had I been in his situation. If on tap means you win the WDC and millions of $$$ then most people I know would. Hmmm, come to think of it, ALL the people I know would. Put yourself in his position, what would you do. Not and easy decision to make in a split second is it? Business is Business.

#17 MN

MN

• 978 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 12:10

Originally posted by Daemon:
...... And Schuey punting JV. Well he got no points nor a championship placing for '97. If that isn't punishment, then what is.

He was fighting for the WDC with JV and his desperate move on JV did not work as it did on DH.
He lost WDC to JV on the race track.
Taking MS's points away that year after loosing WDC to JV doesn't mean much to him since his aim was WDC.
A year suspension for the following season would be more suitable. (IMHO)

PS. I never considerd myself as anti Pig-In-Shoebox until now but I guess I am.

[This message has been edited by MN (edited 03-09-2000).]

#18 Daemon

Daemon

• 5,452 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 12:34

Loosing his championship points doesn't mean that much to him. Man what are u on?? This guy worked tirelessly for a whole year to drag his 2nd best car the Ferrari kicking and screaming to that point in the championship, loses his points and it's no big deal to him? I think you'd be pretty upset about that had it happened to you, as would anyone. Think about it. You work youre ass off for a year, make one error in judgement and lose credit for all you work.

I liked your soultion though, ban him for a year. They didn't ban him for a year because that would have been the FIA shooting themselves in the foot. Like it or not, Schumacher is THE major player in F1 today. Gee '98 would have been SO exciting watching Hakkinen walk away to his WDC in the Newey-Mercedes. Not.

#19 magnum

magnum

• 1,061 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 12:59

Mikey is concerned with his history ... as he himself noted, he will never achieve the hallmarks of number 1 in any category ... and his unique talent will,in the long run, be forgotten, to be replaced by whispers of cheating,barging, illegality, disqualifications etc ...i think a man like schumacher probably does care about how he is viewed...unfortunately, bar killing himself in that ferrari, i think his reputation is already marked ... kinda like Clinton - no matter that he presided over the most successful era of american "plentitude", he'll be remembered solely for "that" woman...sad in a way. Mikey could truly have been one of the greats.

Advertisement

#20 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,408 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 13:52

Kinda like Senna.

Posted Image

#21 Rainstorm

Rainstorm

• 1,313 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 13:56

*cough*

Just to clear something up - Schumacher did not lose one single point in 1997. The World Counil decision was perfectly clear - he is removed from the WC standings (ie, lost second place in the WC) but he retains his points and victories. (see http://www.fia.com/p...-a/11-11-97.htm )

As far as the 'history' books and the statistical numbers go - Schumacher lost nothing.

Putting aside for a minute whether he should have been punished or not, the actual 'punishment' was nothing but a joke.

Max Mosley's explanation that any driver would do it if he knew that he got the WC but was banned a year later is pure twisted demagogy; it would have been a severe punishment IF Schumacher's collision with Villeneuve suceeded and he had become WC following that. Then Max would have been right to say that taking away the WC is a punishment more severe than a couple of race bans the following year. But, seeing as Schumacher's move DID NOT bring him the WC, then removing him from the final standings is totally meaningless.

Then, of course, we could put THAT aside and argue whether Schumacher should have been punished at all for something a couple other WCs did before him  ;)

But that is, I guess, another debate altogether :)

Regards,

Rainstorm

[This message has been edited by Rainstorm (edited 03-09-2000).]

#22 MN

MN

• 978 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 14:11

"Man what are u on??"

I'm (sitting) ON a very comfortable chair if you have to know. Ha ha sorry, couldn't resist.

"I think you'd be pretty upset about that had it happened to you, as would anyone."

Nop, not me, I would never dreamed of become a WDC by punting someone at first place. Sounds naive but honestly it's not true title is it? Accident happens but clear intentional punt? No I don't think so.

"They didn't ban him for a year because that would have been the FIA shooting themselves in the foot."

I'm very much aware ot that.

[This message has been edited by MN (edited 03-09-2000).]

#23 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,408 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 14:18

I've spoken about this several times in chat with some of my fellow boarders. I used to race and....yes...I would have and would still do it. Maybe that makes me a dirty bastard but it also makes me the winner. And when all is said and done there is no *** beside a second place that says "He ment well and lost to a dirty bastard" nope it's pretty cut and dry.....this guy didn't win.

Posted Image