Photo

Who's coming to Montreal this year?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 05:51

I have mentioned a couple times, as have others, the idea of having an AtlasF1 get-together here in Montreal sometime over the weekend of the Canadian GP this June. Many of you seem to like the idea.

Are you coming to Montreal this year? (Are you already here? ;)) Would you be interested in such a get together? If so, post it here. One of the Pubs on Crescent Street (where it's AT on GP weekend!) is a client of mine and I'm sure I could arrange something with him.

Firstly, I would need to know 2 things: Roughly how many of you would be showing up? and, secondly, which night is best? I'm thinking probably the Friday night. Let me know, I don't mind organizing this.

Let's Party! Posted Image

------------------
JETPLAST Custom Displays

Advertisement

#2 Jecko

Jecko

• 3,499 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 05:59

Damn right I'll be there!!! Also with a couple of friends.

Cheers

Jecko5

#3 Jhope

Jhope

• 9,440 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 06:27

Damn Straight!!! What section are you guy's in? I'm in section 24 at the hairpin for ALL THREE DAYS BABY!!!!!!!!

#4 molive

molive

• 9,799 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 06:30

I wish I could be there.

J`aime cette ville.

Anyway, if I may suggest:

L`air du temps, in old Montreal: Nice club, great jazz in a great ambience and just a couple miles from the circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Much better than Crescent St. IMO.

cheers!

#5 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 06:31

Sorry to tell you this but I get "Passes" from a friend who works at the race! :cool: I'll be "around" the track at various locations... :D

#6 Mila

Mila

• 8,564 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 06:44

I would be interested, but I'm heading up with my parents (mom's Finnish--big MH fan). we will likely dine out one night, so perhaps I can work it in somehow.

one way or another, great idea!

#7 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 06:54

Mila; Why not bring the folks too??! Like I said, this place is a "Pub" not a Night Club. Small cozy, cool place packed with music, entertainment and sports memorabilia. And just for MOM... An autographed MH helmet adhorns a place of honour in there!! ;)

#8 bigblue

bigblue

• 1,300 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 07:45

bigblue would love to stop by and have a single malt. Most likely 6 crazy Green Mountain Boys total. Crescent street sounds good. Might as well take in the whole scene, ferrari parade, etc. Sometimes its fun to be a tourist.

------------------
Done with the big teams, GO MINARDI!!!

#9 theMot

theMot

• 6,196 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 07:54

sorry cannot make it this year but i will be there next year after i have won the bed you nuts competition. todaloo...

#10 Chris G.

Chris G.

• 6,585 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 08:26

I'd be very interested. Will be 5 of us, rolling into town on Thursday. All diehard F1 fans from Indiana/Kentucky.

Also gonna hit that big beer-fest. Aside from the race, that was a highlight I vaguely remember from last year. Why did I think I needed so many beer tickets!

I cannot wait. When the field comes into the hairpin in race mode for the first time, WOW! Nothing compares.

#11 trento

trento

• 96 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 09:36

I would be interested and anywhere downtime suits me as I'll be centrally located on Rene-Levesque. This year will be 10 years in a row @ Canadian GP.

#12 MattB

MattB

• 502 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 21:14

I'm coming with my wife and 11 year old daughter. It will be a combined family fun trip, but I would love to meet some other F1 fans for a beer and discussion. I can certainly find a way to fit it in. I'll be coming in Thursday and staying through Sunday. This sounds like a fantastic idea.

#13 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 22:50

Cool! I guess I should get asking the Pub owner about it then?! I'm sure he'll go for it, he loves this type of stuff, AND loves F1 & CART! (He wears an authentic Team Penske/Marlboro jacket all the time!) In past years the likes of Eddie Irvine, Gerhard Berger, HHF, DC, Mansel, etc.. have meandered into this Pub on a race weekend! Who knows, we might luck-out this year and meet a driver or two!! With my luck in will be Marc Gene!! :eek:

------------------
JETPLAST Custom Displays

#14 f1nut

f1nut

• 131 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:03

Hey Andy
I'll be sure to drop by. My wife & I will be there from thurs. nifght to sunday. See you there.

#15 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:09

SIDE NOTE: Those of you coming into Montreal from out of town may want to see if you can come earlier than Thursday. If you are here in time, they have an 'Open House' at the track on Wednesday afternoon. This is FREE to the public and gives you the opportunity to walk along pit-row with all the garages open and watch the teams getting their cars ready. It's pretty awesome and, for most, the closest you'll ever get to an F1 car! Great photo ops. Usually you can talk to the mechanics as well. A couple years ago a Jordan Mech let me pick up one of the rear tires, complete with rim, to see how light they are. I freaked! How come the spare on my car is so frikin heavy??!!

Anyways, just thought I'd bring this to your attention if you are coming all this way for the race anyways, am sure the boss will give you the extra day off!

#16 bigblue

bigblue

• 1,300 posts

Posted 08 March 2000 - 23:40

Andy, when the race gets closer could you post a unofficial list of events for the weekend? That would be great for us from out of town. I hear about all sort of neat stuff. Thanks

#17 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 03:01

bigblue, Not a problem, I'll put up a post with as many events as I can find out about! I just found out the Ferrari parade is on Thursday. There will be lots more and I'd be happy to post it.

With regards to the get-together, it's OFFICIALLY a go! We will be meeting at ZIGGY'S PUB on Crescent Street. Spoke with Ziggy this morning and he said "Why just one night? You are welcome to use my place as 'Home Base' for your group all weekend long!" So that's where we'll meet. Ziggy said there are a couple different groups of F1 Mechanics who show up at his pub each year along with the possibility of the odd driver! He also says you are all welcome to have your picture taken with his autographed MH helmet!! :cool:

Anyways, keep posting here if you think you'll be able to make it so I get a rough idea of how many we will be. A couple weeks before the GP I'll put up a new post with all the details! This should be cool, am looking forward to it ALMOST as much as this weekend's race!! ;)

#18 Mila

Mila

• 8,564 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 07:38

this sounds really terrific, Andy.

#19 Chris G.

Chris G.

• 6,585 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 09:17

Uhh, what day again? Guess I'm not there till Friday....

Advertisement

#20 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 22:47

Not to worry Chris, looks like this'll be a weekend-long thing! I'm going to organize it with my company (JETPLAST) to also invite any of our customers (who own F1/Racing related stores in Canada & the US) to join us as well.

Just like F1 Racing Mag. who sets up their headquarters across the street at Winnie's Pub, Ziggy's will be the AtlasF1 "Headquarters" complete with a banner out front and all! :cool:

So, I'm figuring we'll be there most of Thursday + Thurs. night, Friday Night (main night) and Saturday as well. Will keep you updated as we get this thing more planned.

Looking forward to meeting as many of you as can get here. Was SO sorry to hear theMot won't be joining us this year :( !!! ;)

------------------
JETPLAST Custom Displays

#21 John

John

• 1,167 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 23:16

Andy,

You can bet that myself, my wife (possibly) and my wife's sister (definitely) and my friend will be attending the party for the weekend. Will we get preferential treatment at the door? Any food at Ziggy's? If its a pub, I would guess so. I'm familiar with Montreal, but not as much with Ziggy's.

So count on another 4.

John (attending the GP with Holly and Simon)
Darlene (attending to the little bosses - our daughters, but able to go out at night)
Simon
Holly

Thanks Andy! I'm looking forward to it!

#22 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 00:15

John, does your wife know you hang out with her sister?? :eek: !! ;)

#23 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 01:48

I will be at the race. Every year since '85. I have some business to attend to nut Ziggy's sounds cool. What day, time etc? Old Montreal is very nice too, as previously mentioned.

#24 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,853 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 01:54

I'll be there. Me and 2 more. This should rock! :mad:

#25 John

John

• 1,167 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 02:24

Andy,
Any insinuation other than innocent thoughts towards my sister-in-law would be nearly criminal and downright shameful! :0

But, ya, we often hang out. We go to Edgefest together, met Our Lady Peace in person, she's actually into F1 but I think she's dreaming about hooking up with a driver or something.

Other than that, she like to party. Now that she has been in college for a year or two, she is well practiced.

#26 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 03:06

O.K., Just checking!! ;) Ya know, we wouldn't want any family disputes at our soirée!! hehehe! TO clairify, this is your wife's "little" sister. :D

------------------
JETPLAST Custom Displays