Photo

Prediction on Wurz

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,408 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 01:01

I believe this year to be Alex Wurz's coming out party. All the negative comparisons to Fisi will be wiped away after the 2000 season. Reason? Well this year the car is substantially lighter than the 600kg minimum. Last year the car was barely under which proved to be an advantage for Fisi since he is so much lighter than Wurz he had the ability to distribute more weight around the car to bring it up to 600kg, resulting in a car that is much more balanced than the one driven by Alex.

Ohh. Did I mention that this is my theory behind Alex's poor showing against Fisi last year?;) You just don't go from showing so much potential to being completely outran by your teammate in one season without something being wrong.

Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 Toxicant

Toxicant

• 2,192 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 01:12

Considering that one still weighs less then the other I don't think anything will change.

Tox!

#3 The Swerve

The Swerve

• 5,702 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 01:14

Coming out party?! Wurz is gay? ;) ;)

#4 Junior

Junior

• 314 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 01:21

He does wear some fancy shoes. :p

#5 fissijo

fissijo

• 2,284 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 04:29

All the negative comparisons to Fisi will be wiped away after the 2000 season. Reason?

He is changing teams? Well it is the only way to avoid being compared to Fisi!!!!!

Sorry, i am a biased Fisi fan. I believe Wurz has potential to do well (after his appearences in 1997) but is definatly not using it!

Joei ;)

------------------
"Animals and children tell the truth, they never lie.
Which one is more human? There's a thought, you decide."
Savage Garden - 'The Animal song'

#6 JayWay

JayWay

• 11,618 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 04:33

No, no.

Wurz ain't gay Ralph is. Don't believe me? Go to the drivers preview article in atlas and look at the pic of Ralph and Button.

#7 The Swerve

The Swerve

• 5,702 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 04:36

Posted Image

I see what you mean!

[This message has been edited by The Swerve (edited 03-04-2000).]

#8 JJP

JJP

• 379 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 07:12

It really seems that nasty Ralfie wants to have his way with poor young Button... :)

#9 johnnyfan

johnnyfan

• 1,091 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 08:07

JJP,
So does Fissijo!!! ;)

Please note Fissijo is a gorl

------------------
GO JOHNNY GO!!!!

#10 Nomad

Nomad

• 1,464 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 08:23

The Ralf is gay thing has been discussed here before and there is sufficient evidence to suggest that he is not or he is at the very least Bi!!

#11 The Swerve

The Swerve

• 5,702 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 08:54

Right! I was forgetting that thing with Jordan (the model.) He kicked her out of bed didn't he?

If the guy isn't gay then he must be a little bit crazy to knock back a bird like that.

#12 Nikolas Garth

Nikolas Garth

• 12,019 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 11:36

Maybe Ralf likes his women to be more like women, than plastic(silicone) blow up dolls?

#13 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,408 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 12:41

Tox,

The ability to balance the car is more than he ever had last year. How this won't make a difference I don't see. I know he still is much heavier than Fisi, but after all is said and done they both weigh in at 600kg before the race so balance is key. The amount of weight just has to be enough to make a difference as far as the balance goes. It makes much less of a difference when you go under that magic number, a little,yes, but not much. If they both didn't HAVE to weigh 600kg after all is said and done it would make a MUCH bigger difference, but luckily for Alex it doesn't.

Posted Image

#14 JayWay

JayWay

• 11,618 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 12:45

Maybe Ralph likes his women to be more like...Jenson Button(???)

#15 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,408 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 15:14

Fast??????;)

hehehe!!!!

Posted Image

#16 Montre-AL

Montre-AL

• 588 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 21:12

Alex will be no Wurz than last year.

#17 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,408 posts

Posted 05 March 2000 - 23:52

Montre-AL,

I would like to tell you how funny I found your comments but I can't find the Wurz ;)

Posted Image

#18 Montre-AL

Montre-AL

• 588 posts

Posted 06 March 2000 - 08:49

Lantern
Laugh till it Wurz - baby!!

#19 Pacific

Pacific

• 1,202 posts

Posted 06 March 2000 - 09:10

This started out an Alexander Wurz topic, turned on speculation that Ralf Schumacher is guy, and now a play on Alex's name. Right on task.

As for Alex, I'd enjoy seeing Alex succeed. I think Alex is a highly talented driver and if the Benetton is light enough this year maybe this will give Wurz the ballast he needs to play with to make the car better. There no doubt is a point where adding ballast to certain areas isn't going to help you anymore, it's only going to put too much weight on the tires and wear them out. The closer Benetton can come to that, the better for Alex. I think technically Wurz is more talented than Giancarlo Fisichella, but Fisichella is smaller. Fisichella is no slouch at all. He's a talented youngster. In fact, Benetton should be happy with their young talented driver line-up. Hopefully Benetton fixed some of their problems from last year and that'll give Alex and Giancarlo a more consistent chassis to work with. The Supertec is an improved engine this year. I don't think you can really shift all failures to Supertec. Certainly not from last year. Ralf Schumacher proved if you were a good driver with a good chassis you could get points with a Supertec engine on a regular basis. Just so happens that Zanardi had a horrible time, Benetton was consistently inconsistent, and BAR was highly consistent. In a negative way of course.

Although, I must say I am rooting for the other Supertec team to clean Benetton's chronometers. (I like Arrows and Jos Verstappen so...always have.) Ultimately I'd like to see Jos win the WDC with Arrows this year. (Hey wishing for Marc Gene is a little too far) If Alex finished close that'd be fine. Maybe Mika Salo and Pedro Diniz can finish in the top five in points.

Anyway, back here on Earth...

I have heard here that Benetton is getting a "factory" Supertec. Is there anyplace or article that can confirm this? I had not heard of that. In fact, a few months ago we were all saying "poor Arrows" and "How can Minardi consider a Supertec?" Well now that Renault is somewhat involved in Supertec...

Now Minardi is going to try to tinker with some old Cosworths now called Fondmetals. We'll see how Fond they are of that in a while. I hope it ends up good, but I have my doubts. Which sucks, as a Minardi fan...

Advertisement

#20 Montre-AL

Montre-AL

• 588 posts

Posted 06 March 2000 - 09:41

Ralph Schumacher is guy? ;)

BTW: All Wurz and no play makes Pacific one dull little "guy".

[This message has been edited by Montre-AL (edited 03-06-2000).]

#21 Witt

Witt

• 3,308 posts

Posted 06 March 2000 - 13:09

Fissi is fast, but can't race if his life depends on it.

Wurz is not as fast as fissi, but is one hell of a racer.

When the going gets tough, a good racer can match it with the fast guy, and when they are on the track together racing for position, the racer will come out on top. I hope Wurz smashes fissi back to nothingness because fissi is just one over-rated pussy-footer. Before that can happen, though, Wurz has to find some sort of speed.

#22 Samurai

Samurai

• 5,415 posts

Posted 06 March 2000 - 13:48

my main image of fissichella is of him crashing into other racers (not on purpose i guess). I think Wurtz is the better racer too. But just speed I don't know (Wurtz is pretty big isn't he).

#23 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,408 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 13:50

I'm looking pretty good right now huh?
Wurz 1:33.718
Fissi 1:34.049

Lantern the Greek? Has a ring to it ;)

Posted Image

[This message has been edited by Lantern (edited 03-10-2000).]