Monza, spinning out and crying."

If that's an accurate quote, then yep, the
F1 season has begun alright.

Advertisement

#2 Todd

Todd

• 18,936 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 15:20

I suppose that is what Mika gets for saying that all the other drivers after himself are the same. Let the games begin! Here's to a return of the Michael Schumacher of 1995!

------------------
Forza Michael Schumacher,
Todd

#3 silver fan

silver fan

• 3,111 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 15:30

So what's Schumacher's point, that Hakkinen is vulnerable, so what, show me driver that isn't and I'll show you a driver that has yet to fight all season for the championship.

#4 The Dijk

The Dijk

• 110 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 15:35

I'd say Schumi was pretty vulnerable too when he hit that wall back in Silverstone. Sjeez, like Mr I am God has never ever made a mistake! I remember him ramming the wall at Monaco all too well!

#5 slc

slc

• 1,169 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 15:45

Yep, the season seems to have begun...  ;)

#6 Janne

Janne

• 139 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 16:04

Back-to-back Championships... What else can Hakk do? :)

Has Michael developed? I think those words have been taken out of context to ridicule Michael.

#7 RaggedEdge

RaggedEdge

• 2,051 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 16:56

Todd - you wish about 1995. ;)

I think Mika still developed in 1999 as an overtaker , just think about Austria, France and even Malaysia and Nurburgring.

#8 Daemon

Daemon

• 5,452 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 18:58

HEHEHE what a joke. Anyone who knows Schuey would laugh at you if you claimed he said that. That sounds like something from Cubeheads mouth, or maybe Irvine. Schumacher has loads of respect for Hakkinen. Just listen to what Schuey is quoted as saying to the 'Daily Telegraph on Irvine vs Hakkinen '99.

"If it had gone his (Irvines) way it would not have been very satisfactory on a sporting level because Hakkinen is the better driver," Schumacher said today.

Hmm sound like Schuey thinks Hakkinen is just plain useless. not. Just remember that this is from an UNBIASED, un-fanclub affiliated national newspaper...

#9 Czesc

Czesc

• 959 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 19:08

I agree with Daemon. I don't think Schumi would say anything that ridiculous about Hakkinen. He hasn't done it before and I can't think of a reason why he would have changed his habits.

#10 JJP

JJP

• 379 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 19:16

Well this wouldn't be the first time Turun Sanomat translates things the way they like it... I mean saying "Mika is vulnerable" sounds lot worse than "Mika has his weaknesses just like the rest of us."

#11 Bob Nomates

Bob Nomates

• 3,921 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 22:26

Schuey has a valid point though, Mika only improves his driving when the car improves.

Posted Image
Mika crying at the press conference today.

#12 Lantern

Lantern

• 2,408 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 22:32

Thank you Bob. That was my first laugh of the day :) More on the devious grin on Schuey's face than Mika crying though. Looks like he had just put a nail in Mika's seat ;)

Posted Image

#13 jack and gilles

jack and gilles

• 76 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 22:40

I just scanned the transcript from the FIA website and the question being asked which evoked the reactions in Bob Nomates' picture was:

"Michael, how do you feel about the FIA's pronouncement today that Ferrari will be allowed to cheat as much as they like again this season to ensure that MacLaren does not win the title?"

Not surprising to see Michael's grin!!

#14 130R

130R

• 3,509 posts

Posted 09 March 2000 - 23:25

Well, the season has pretty much officially begun Now, its war!! Schuey's an a-hole.

#15 RedFever

RedFever

• 9,408 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 00:03

before everyone gets pissed off, it might help to remember that this is a very unreliable source regarding F1 and that already in the past the published plenty of BS

#16 Mr. Salty

Mr. Salty

• 5,400 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 00:15

When Damon Hill interviewed MS in F1 Magazine, MS made a comment about MH being skewered by the press for showing emotion in his excursion into the bushes, yet before Hak had been skewered for NOT showing emotion. The way I read it, he seemed to be supportive of MH. I doubt that quote is accurate, and if it is, it is probably out of context.

#17 Mila

Mila

• 8,564 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 07:39

Bob Nomates, you just can't let go of the crying business!

#18 The RedBaron

The RedBaron

• 6,593 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 07:46

Your not far behing 130R....your a b-hole!!
:)

#19 mono-posto

mono-posto

• 1,674 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 08:12

So one newspaper said that another newspaper said that Michael Schumacher said something that doesn't even sound like something Michael Schumacher would say and is contradictory to everything else he has said?

Yeah that's an accurate quote! LOL :)

Advertisement

#20 Cinquecento

Cinquecento

• 2,163 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 08:22

I only got into this messenger business to get shot. :)

#21 man from martinlaakso

man from martinlaakso

• 2,773 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 15:04

We have to remember, that in 1997 MS gave an interview, where he nominated the five best F1 drivers at that time. MH was among those five, although he had not scored a single victory in F1 yet. So MS respected him already at that time. In that perspective we could say, that nothing revolutionary has happen to MH during these three last years.

On the other hand MH has matured as a time trialist. Of course his car is now much better, and that explains much, why he has got so many poles lately.

In 1997 DC was a slightly better starter that MH, but in 1998 the roles were reversed. I don't think, that David has got backward, but Mika has obviously developed.

In his early years in F1 Mika had problems at the end of many races, because he was physically and mentally tired. In 1999 he made passes in Magny-Course, Nuerburgring and Sepang at the late stage of the race, so his condition is clearly now better. In Sepang he almost fainted in his car, because he was dehydrated, but he still could pass Herbert a couple laps before the finish.

Because MH has had a colossal success in F1 in the last two years, his self-confidence is now very high. He will be determined but still relaxed. So it will a demanding task to beat him - even for Schumey, and Michael knows this almost too well.