2 replies to this topic

#1 RedFever

RedFever

• 9,408 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 02:32

Michael Schumacher: 1st, 1m 32,130, 15 laps, chassis no. 200
Rubens Barrichello: 3rd, 1m 32,482, 30 laps, chassis no. 199

Temperatures: air 26 °C, track 44 °C

Jean Todt: “The performance level of our cars today was encouraging. We worked mainly on race set-up. We have seen today, that in performance terms the F1-2000 is better than last year’s F399. I think that tomorrow we will be in a position to fight for the front row places. I got a fright when Michael went off, but luckily it quickly became apparent that he was fine. Now we must check on the condition of the chassis.”

Michael Schumacher: “For the moment we are fastest and I am pleased that we are on the pace, which is a good sign. As for my accident, the car just got away from me and I lost control. Unfortunately, there was nowhere for me to go. I am fine and did not hurt myself. We improved the car between the two halves of the session and we know how to make further progress for tomorrow. Despite the incident, we have fulfilled our expectations.”

Rubens Barrichello: “I am happy with my first day’s work at a race with Ferrari. It was satisfying because the car is on the pace. All the work we did in Mugello paid off, because we have arrived here very well prepared. There is still more work to do, but today we have developed the car further. When I went out on the track I immediately could feel the car was well balanced. My one set of tyres lasted well through the whole session. It was an emotional moment for me, seeing so many Brazilian flags in the crowd, when I went out for my first lap.”

Advertisement

#2 RedFever

RedFever

• 9,408 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 02:44

By the way:

Schumacher entered turn nº 14 at 180 kmh 120mph), exited at 140 kmh (95mph) and hit the barrier at 80 kmh (55mph).

Can you imagine hitting that at 55mph with your street car? we'd be looking for recognizable pieces of the body!!!

#3 molive

molive

• 9,799 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 03:32

hum...

So Todt was ´frightened´?? :)

If he keeps pushing like that MS might end up giving Jean a heart attack this season...