Photo

Friday report from trackside.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BAR up

BAR up

• 125 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 14:51

Well for those of you who have responded so positively to my previous reports, here is Friday's.
I'm sitting in an e-cafe on Fitzroy street, having just left the circuit. It's 5:45 pm, and it reached about 30 degrees again today, alothough the cloud cover came in in the afternoon, making it somewhat more bearable. The action started early, and F1's hit the track around 11am.
It was interesting that Trulli never made it out onto the track for the morning session, having problems with the car. My man JV rocked the house, setting some cracking times, and, might I say, consistently. It wasn't some freak of nature! Could be a good weekend. Hearing the roar of multiple F1 engines again satisfied me completely. Seeing a McLaren do a 360, reminded me of the fun of last year, and seeing Schuey off it into the barrier, made everyone in the grandstands jump to their feet, and you hear 50,000 gasps for breath.
There was plenty of 'Hot Wheels' and Qantas grid girls to entertain me whilst downing a few Fosters with the boys.
The arrows cars look quite good, with the wide orange stripe and plenty, but well laid out decals, nothing like the preview pic that made the internet.
I wasn't all that suprised by the times to be honest, although I really thouhgt that JV would be a few spots lower, but am definately not complaining. De la Rosa didn't suprise me either with his good time. I picked him as my 'best of the worst' driver.
Tried to call Ron for my pit tour today, but couldn't get through (pager service) will try tomorrow. Have my digital camera ready. Stay tuned for pics.
Not many offs in the support races yet. Usually more action than this. Then again...tomorrow is another day.
Well I'm off to shower, put on the suit and head to the Maranello ball at 7:00pm. Will be at the organisers table, and should be pretty close to Shuey and Rubinho. Again...wait for the pics. Got my ugly head in F1 Racing at last years event for the launch of the 360.
Lets hope qualifying is action packed, 'cause I tell you, the crowd is vocal, and cheering for their heroes. I look forward to seeing JV repeat his performance of today.

Until tomorrow F1 fans....

sleep well

Advertisement

#2 speedy

speedy

• 1,783 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 15:25

Thanks for the report BARup, I'm already looking forward to see the pictures ;)

#3 Cinquecento

Cinquecento

• 2,163 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 15:25

You write well, my good man. I will buy some
of that imported Foster's tonight to
continue in the mood you've set.
And I don't think I'll be sleeping well come
dusk. I will be shivering with
ann..tici..payshjaan! Wohoo!

#4 slc

slc

• 1,169 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 15:44

Thanks again !! :)

#5 Menditeguy

Menditeguy

• 266 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 17:47

looking forward

#6 Peter

Peter

• 1,401 posts

Posted 10 March 2000 - 18:50

Thanks for the info, and keep it coming!

Was not doubting you re Arrows, just have not seen much on TV in UK yet regarding the action out there. (all I caught was MS going off and DC 360ing in this morning's news).

They did say that Jenson Button was 18th fasted and looked good...

#7 TBone

TBone

• 603 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 01:15

Thanks for the report, BAR up.

We got above normal temperature here (Toronto) on Wednesday and Thursday (around 20C). This morning it was -1, -13 with wind chill. Hope this will make your 30C feel more "bearable"!

#8 Eli

Eli

• 2,690 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 01:26

BARup,

great job, but what about the photos? :)

#9 nigel red5

nigel red5

• 9,468 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 03:48

it`s good to read the thoughts of someone "who was there".....
enjoyable reading...in the uk the 2nd session finished at 3am so i was quite tired by the end...

anyway, the sat morn. sessions start in 2 hrs.....yes.

#10 The Swerve

The Swerve

• 5,702 posts

Posted 11 March 2000 - 04:05

hey Nigel, how'd see the sessions in the UK? Have you got some sort of satellite system?!?