Photo

Kimi has no luck

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Jimmy

Jimmy

• 382 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 15:27

A wheel hub, rear wing, 2 engines and now taken out by bumbling Barrichello. :down:

Advertisement

#2 Enkei

Enkei

• 5,853 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 15:28

It's a shame, but what can you do about it?

#3 Tommy

Tommy

• 184 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 15:28

:up: builds character :smoking:

#4 maclaren

maclaren

• 4,718 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 15:34

Originally posted by Tommy
:up: builds character :smoking:

I think this destroys him :cry:

#5 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 16:43

Well, better use the "bad luck" quota while the car is crap anyway, so when the car is good he'll just win, win, win... :) :) :)

#6 Arrow

Arrow

• 9,190 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 16:45

Originally posted by HSJ
Well, better use the "bad luck" quota while the car is crap anyway, so when the car is good he'll just win, win, win... :) :) :)

Like today?

#7 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 16:57

Originally posted by Arrow

Like today?

Like today.

#8 yr

yr

• 6,007 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:05

Like today?

Tough times for poor Kimi. Now DC won and thus leads
1-0 inside the team... not as bad as it is in Williams though,
Ralf leads JPM 4-1 in wins :lol:
If i were you, i wouldnt make so much noise about DC
winning the only race when Mac has been competitive. :cool:
It will only make JPM look worse.

#9 Arrow

Arrow

• 9,190 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:11

Originally posted by yr

I can never look as worse as you.

Not Juans fault his car always fails when hes fighting for a win.
Its only happened about 5 times in his 24 race career.

#10 MrAerodynamicist

MrAerodynamicist

• 14,226 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:12

Originally posted by yr

Swings and roundabouts! Should JPM fans not mention qualifying, to avoid making RS look worse? [5-1 in poles] ;)

#11 Lister of Smeg

Lister of Smeg

• 416 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:15

This is what Rubens had to say after the race:

"At one point, I spotted an opportunity to pass Raikkonen. I went from the outside to the inside and as he braked, he closed the door on me. There was nothing I could do and I ran into him. "

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Opportunity?! Closed the door?! Wake up Rubens, you put your front wing in Kimis rear wing, and that's supposed to be an opportunity??!!!

:wave:

#12 Alien

Alien

• 1,897 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:21

Like today?

You are right, today the mclaren was good enough to win the race, yet Kimi was just unlucky in qualifying, and Barichello´s mistake didn´t help his weekend.

Anyways Kimi´s performance hasn´t been so good this weekend. His qualifying could have gone better, even in the spare car. And he did brush the wall in a practice session.

Better times will come anyways, bad luck can´t last forever and hopefully for Raikkonen´s fans good luck will come when he´s having a good weekend, like Coulthard today, who was very competitive, definitely the star of the race.

#13 MuMu

MuMu

• 2,971 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:22

Kimi's having the same kind of luck as JPM had last year. We'll see if he can bounce back as well as JPM has.

#14 Alien

Alien

• 1,897 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:30

Originally posted by yr

Yes DC won one of the races that McLaren has been competitive, Australia was the other one. The thing is that i don´t see that having anything to do with JPM looking worse. I´m afraid that your reasoning just doesn´t work, aside from the fact that you are a sore basher, who was very anoyed when JPM took pole this weekend.

#15 tania_walesuk

tania_walesuk

• 1,083 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:43

Damn Shame !!!!!!.... When is he gonna get his break, he is bloody damn good enuff he is a top driver... :evil: Im just so annoyed ....

#16 Peter North

Peter North

• 162 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:50

Forget Kimi, when if Giancarlo going to get a break in F1?

#17 tania_walesuk

tania_walesuk

• 1,083 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:52

Originally posted by Peter North

Well ive done my congratulations to fisi !.... after all fisi is my fav driver and I dont care who knows it ! :clap: FISI :clap:

It's just that Kimi needs to be given the chance to show his skills that he has and we all know he is a good driver it's just a shame that he aint really been given a chance to show us... He can score points like he did in melbourne without there being a clear out as there was there ! :wave:

#18 maclaren

maclaren

• 4,718 posts

Posted 26 May 2002 - 17:57

Originally posted by Peter North

So you would like to see Giancarlo retiring 6 times in row :rotfl:

#19 man from martinlaakso

man from martinlaakso

• 2,773 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 06:18

Naturally KR had a bad luck, when RB eliminated him from the race, but even before that KR had lost all the chances to the two first placings. That was based of his underperformance in the qualifications, and that underperformance was a result of his two earlier crashes, which robbed him valuable time to set up the car well. Then his T-car had oil leak and DC's spare car gas pedal problem, so Kimi had rather small chances to get 100% performance in the qualifyings. But had he avoided at least one of his crashes, he would have probably been in 2 - 4th position in the time trials and fought for the win. But now DC was faster practically all the time and also in the race. KR was blocked by Trulli part of the time, but when he had pretty open track, DC was still faster than him. It may be, that KR was a little but careful after his two earlier crashes, but this was the first time in this season, when DC looked decisively faster than KR. I expect that to change in Montreal and in Nuerburgring. But in Magny-Course Dc might again beat KR.

Advertisement

#20 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 06:43

Kimi didn't exactly look like "the new Senna" this weekend did he. Crashing several times and generally outperformed on a drivers circuit like Monaco. Kimi is good, but he is over hyped. Soon his fans won't be able to use his low nr of races as an excuse either. Now when he is a race winning car, collecting points once in a while won't cut it.

#21 logic

logic

• 3,636 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 07:03

Originally posted by Ghostrider
Kimi didn't exactly look like "the new Senna" this weekend did he. Crashing several times and generally outperformed on a drivers circuit like Monaco. Kimi is good, but he is over hyped. Soon his fans won't be able to use his low nr of races as an excuse either. Now when he is a race winning car, collecting points once in a while won't cut it.

What are you trying to say? :drunk:

#22 Schuting Star

Schuting Star

• 5,139 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 07:09

No, he didn't look good this weekend even Ron Dennis had to joke about his destroying several cars. His relative lack of experience however is more likely to show up at a circuit such as Monaco, which is why I chose him in MrA's crashing league! I think we will have to give him a few more attempts at it before judging him on this particular circuit.

#23 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 08:15

Originally posted by logic

What are you trying to say? :drunk:

I am trying to say that some Kimi fans maybe should take notice of this and stop hailing Kimi as one of the best drivers ever, at least until he makes some results that indicate this. Kimi had done a good job this year compared to DC, but this weekend DC clearly was the better one. This might bring some reality back into the discussions about Kimi. But HSJ will probably still say that Kimi is on "Schumi near level". :)

And by the way, Kimi should be very lucky, he is sitting in a race winning car. Not many drivers do.

#24 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 09:31

But HSJ will probably still say that Kimi is on "Schumi near level". :)

Yes I do. One race changes nothing. In fact MS underperformed at Monaco. That's underperformance ever since Imola in relation to the machinery (see RB's pace in relation for example). Therefore I'm THIS close to demoting MS below JPM, RS, KR.

#25 man from martinlaakso

man from martinlaakso

• 2,773 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 10:16

HSJ, you wrote :"Yes I do. One race changes nothing. In fact MS underperformed at Monaco. That's underperformance ever since Imola in relation to the machinery (see RB's pace in relation for example). Therefore I'm THIS close to demoting MS below JPM, RS, KR. "

I agree with that. MS underperformed in the qualifyings in Monaco and when after the start MS was blocked behind JPM, Michael's chances for the win were rather slim. When MS got a clean track ahead of him, he was very fast like RB also. That means, that Ferrari was good enough car to win 1 - 2 in Monaco, but the bad qualifyings ruined Ferrari's chances.

But one off day does not renegate MS to a minor league. He is still GREAT driver. And KR will also be, when some time has elapsed. Now DC beated him fair and square, but that was more DC's overperformance than KR's underperformance. In Montreal and Nuerburgring KR will probably again beat DC, at least in the qualifyings.

#26 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 12:20

Originally posted by man from martinlaakso
HSJ, you wrote :"Yes I do. One race changes nothing. In fact MS underperformed at Monaco. That's underperformance ever since Imola in relation to the machinery (see RB's pace in relation for example). Therefore I'm THIS close to demoting MS below JPM, RS, KR. "

I agree with that. MS underperformed in the qualifyings in Monaco and when after the start MS was blocked behind JPM, Michael's chances for the win were rather slim. When MS got a clean track ahead of him, he was very fast like RB also. That means, that Ferrari was good enough car to win 1 - 2 in Monaco, but the bad qualifyings ruined Ferrari's chances.

But one off day does not renegate MS to a minor league. He is still GREAT driver. And KR will also be, when some time has elapsed. Now DC beated him fair and square, but that was more DC's overperformance than KR's underperformance. In Montreal and Nuerburgring KR will probably again beat DC, at least in the qualifyings.

I respect your view, nothing wrong with it. Is just MY VIEW that MS should keep on spanking RB more than he has since Imola. And while MS's historical status is not in doubt, I'm talking about current ranking, and in that his position as #1 is very much threatened in my book.

#27 SennasCat

SennasCat

• 1,304 posts

Posted 27 May 2002 - 12:35

Originally posted by HSJ

I respect your view, nothing wrong with it. Is just MY VIEW that MS should keep on spanking RB more than he has since Imola. And while MS's historical status is not in doubt, I'm talking about current ranking, and in that his position as #1 is very much threatened in my book.

HSJ, I don't always agree with you (but that's the fun of a BB), but I think you are right on the money here. It's a little like an ageing but great footy player, what they could always do every game, they start doing it 7 out of 8, 5 out of 8, etc. They usually start losing consistency before they start losing speed...