Guess the Grid in Japan (Championship Decider)
Posted 05 October 2002 - 01:16
Well here we are - down to the final race of a somewhat predictable F1 year which is anything but predictable in the world of GTG!
Its all down to the wire at Suzuka! A few drivers have their eye on that coveted GTG championship - held by past greats of the likes of Merlin (1999), CrushedDreams (2000) and the always delightful reigning champ Pit Babe (2001)!
Now Pit Babe is spending her last week as GTG Champ - for a new champion will be crowned on that Saturday afternoon in Suzuka - one champion to rule us all. Who will that be?
A few promising young players are in a heated duel. One can't go past Mikael who is attempting to live up to his namesake and crush the competition. He leads the championship by a solid 8 points and is hot favourite. However, Scheivlak and Steve are breathing down his neck and will do anything to stop him. Also in hot contention are 130R (this is his home track), Bex37 , Flash and HP . They are all within less than 20 points of leader Mikael and have a solid chance of a top 3 finish or even a Championship win! Also in the mix - lying 5th in the championship table is Pascal ! The popular Frenchman is aiming for a record in being the first Husband-Wife Championship duo in GTG history. Pit Babe has been rubbing it in all year - so a determined effort by Pascal may ensure that the championship stays all in the family!!
I wish you all luck! Choose your selections carefully! And have fun!!
Thankyou all for playing GTG this year. Id like to thank garth_b for doing the real hard work and doing the calculations for this game. Great Work!
We hope to be back for a more exciting year in 03!
WELCOME BACK TO GUESS THE GRID
Note: THIS GAME IS OPEN TO EVERYONE! NEWBIES ARE still WELCOME ANYTIME!!!
Please read the Instructions and go ahead and enjoy. Everyone is welcome to play.
How to place your guesses:
When posting your guesses please post them in the following manner - put your user name and then your selections as follows (these are examples only)
gerry nassar mont/mschcoul/fisi/raik/rsch/trul/webb/pani/heid
***Please do it in this way so that Garth_b can calculate the scores quicker. Make sure that you use only the first FOUR LETTERS in the drivers SURNAME . For the Schumacher brothers - you can type them as MSCH and RSCH .
ROUND 17 - GUESS THE GRID IN JAPAN
Here are the Rules and Scoring system for Round 17:
1. List your guess of the top 10 qualifiers at Suzuka.
2. Please follow the above instructions for the way in which to post your guesses.
3. Post your guesses anytime before FRIDAY First Practice . You can change your guesses as many time as you like as long as its done before Friday First practice. Any posts or changes made after Friday first practice will be INVALID! Please get them in by Friday First Practice at the latest as it makes it easier for Garth to calculate the scores. Late entries made on the Friday will have to receive approval from Garth and myself to be allowed in the game. So you will have to plead with us for mercy.;) Entries received on Saturday will not be accepted this round.
4. Scores will be calculated as follows:
* + 3 points for being spot on . (ie. Selecting Mcnish in 4th and he actually qualifies 4th)
* + 2 points for being one position away from where the driver actually qualifies (ie. Selecting Raikkonnen in 3rd and he qualifies either 2nd or 4th)
* + 1 point for having a driver you selected qualifying anywhere in the top 10 (not spot on or one away) ie. Selecting Coulthard 5th but he qualifies 9th
* - 1 point if a driver you select qualifies outside the top 10 (with the only exception being if you select a driver in 10th and he qualifies 11th) ie. Selecting Sato 5th and he qualifies 14th etc (out of the top 10)
* + 5 points if you manage to correctly pick all positions in the top 10. (Note – no one has done this in the last 2 years)
AND JUST TO CLARIFY some confusion - for example if you pick Ralf 10th and he qualifies 11th you get 2 points, ie 1 position away. The fact that he is out of the top 10 makes you lose no points because you picked him one away at 10th.
5. The grid the result will be calculated on is that which is announced by the FIA immediately after qualifying. Therefore any subsequent penalties will not be taken into account.
6. If a driver you selected is replaced during qualifying – his replacement will be substituted in his place in your guesses unless you change it before Friday First Practice.
7. Results will be calculated soon after Qualifying is completed. Look out for a results thread to be posted by garth_b. This thread will feature the round’s results, a championship table, commentary and links to beautifully designed league tables by garth_b. The results thread can then be used as a results discussion thread by you all.
NOTE: I WILL UPDATE AND CONFIRM THE RULES REGARDING PENALTIES SOON. IT IS PREFERABLE IF EVERYBODY AVOIDS MASSA as HE MAY BE RECIEVING HIS 10 spot PENALTY
If you have any questions - PM garth or myself.
Garth B will post the results soon after qualifying!
Here are my Guesses:
gerry nassar msch/barr/mont/raik/rsch/coul/trul/fisi/irvi/heid
Posted 05 October 2002 - 01:40
Posted 05 October 2002 - 08:03
Posted 05 October 2002 - 14:33
Posted 06 October 2002 - 03:08
Posted 07 October 2002 - 01:11
Posted 07 October 2002 - 01:32
Posted 07 October 2002 - 08:28
Posted 07 October 2002 - 13:17
Posted 08 October 2002 - 02:48
Posted 08 October 2002 - 08:08
Posted 08 October 2002 - 13:33
Posted 08 October 2002 - 15:20
Posted 08 October 2002 - 22:22
Posted 08 October 2002 - 22:32
Posted 09 October 2002 - 01:29
Posted 09 October 2002 - 04:01
Posted 09 October 2002 - 04:24
or something like that
Posted 09 October 2002 - 05:32
Posted 09 October 2002 - 12:35
Posted 09 October 2002 - 13:32
Posted 09 October 2002 - 16:33
Posted 09 October 2002 - 16:57
Posted 09 October 2002 - 22:26
Posted 10 October 2002 - 00:54
Posted 10 October 2002 - 05:02
Posted 10 October 2002 - 06:18
Posted 10 October 2002 - 06:29
Posted 10 October 2002 - 10:25
Posted 10 October 2002 - 11:13
Posted 10 October 2002 - 11:35
Posted 10 October 2002 - 14:36
Posted 10 October 2002 - 15:42
Posted 10 October 2002 - 16:12