The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1344 replies to this topic

#1201 Vito1984

Vito1984

• 15 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 14:30

Hello everybody,

I'm Vito, i'm writing from Italy, more precisely from Salento :)

Ferrari supporter but a great fan of f1 in general. I Look forward to the discussion ;)  :wave:

Advertisement

#1202 ferrarifanf1

ferrarifanf1

• 45 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:44

Hi

I'm Ady writing from India

I am a ferrari fan

looking forward to discussions   :cool:

#1203 gianluca1193

gianluca1193

• 6 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:07

Hi, I'm gianluca! I'm from Italy and obviously I'm a Ferrari and VR46 fan!

#1204 63Corvette

63Corvette

• 358 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 20:05

Hi I am Garrett Waddell. I am in my mid 70s.  I raced a 1969 L-88 Corvette in the Camel GT series, beginning with the Alamo 200 in December 1971, where I won the GT over 2 liter class, and I have had a competition license (IMSA, FIA, WERA, SVRA, HSR, HMSA and others) continuously since 1971. I briefly raced motorcycles with WERA and AAMRR from 1973 through 1977 until I was injured in a crash at Bridgehampton Long island. I have raced a vintage 1963 Z06 Corvette with SVRA etc from the Dallas Grand Prix in July 1984 through the present. My wife and I spectated at all of the Watkins Glen F1 races in the 1970s, and have attended F1 races at Long Beach, Dallas and Austin, while participating (racing) in vintage events at the Dallas GP. We have also spectated at other races like Indy, Daytona, CanAm etc, I got my start flagging SCCA Regional races.

Racing is life......and life is good;-)

2isipe8.jpg

Edited by 63Corvette, 09 April 2015 - 20:07.

#1205 Quickshifter

Quickshifter

• 4,361 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 13:00

Hey guys.. I am a Mclaren fan here. Have been following the sport for over 18 years now. I am glad to be a part of this wonderful community. Hopefully i will be able to make a decent contribution to this wonderful forum.

#1206 Garndell

Garndell

• 894 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 13:16

Hi guys,  I am a longtime reader & Autosport subscriber and having lurked around the forum for a couple of years finally decided to jump in.  I have been a fan of motorsports since a kid and seeing the 1988 British GP in person set me on a path to supporting Senna, Hakkinen, Montoya then Hamilton.  I have done a little amateur racing and am a avid motorcyclist (VR46 fan) being a Brit I do tend to support British drivers/riders but am always open to exciting newcomers.  Currently supporting Hamilton, McLaren & Williams in F1, Rossi & Crutchlow in MGP & Takuma Sato everytwhere.

I hope to have a lot of fun and learn a lot here, now if only I could find that quote for my signature....

#1207 BlurryTextures

BlurryTextures

• 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 08:24

Hi! I am a long time reader, I'm from Chile and I've been following Formula 1 since the Schumacher vs. Hill days, when I was 11 :D . Saludos a todos!! 

#1208 kumo7

kumo7

• 2,044 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:06

Hi everyone, I am new here, writing from Japan. I "unfortunately" work for a local council, but formula one is something I liked for some time. See you soon somewhere!

#1209 Pete_f1

Pete_f1

• 1,467 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 10:48

Hello all.

Signed up a few weeks ago having been watching from afar for a few years. The username I wanted was taken so I signed up with another one. Funny thing was when I logged in first time I found I had made an account years ago with the user name I wanted! 

Anyway, I am a former member of the ITV-F1 forum and F1 Network Forums if anyone remembers them...!  :rotfl:

#1210 superq7

superq7

• 47 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:43

Hi all, this seems to be a lovely forum with many very knowlegeable posters, I'm from Bristol in the UK and I visit Castle Combe and Mendip Raceway (bangers) glad to be aboard :D  :D  

#1211 Strontiumdog

Strontiumdog

• 162 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:04

Longtime F1 follower here and Autosport reader, the wealth of knowledge on here from other posters is immense. I just hope I can contribute without being shown up as a novice.

#1212 Torello

Torello

• 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 20:37

Hello everyone,

My name is Giampaolo, I am from Italy and a strenuous McLaren supporter!
I have been lurking for a while now, but I hope to comment on our climb to the mountain of success!

Edited by Torello, 05 June 2015 - 20:38.

#1213 DeKnyff

DeKnyff

• 1,672 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 15:53

Hi everybody, I've already posted four times, sorry for not introducing myself earlier. Long time F1 fan, in my fifties. I've followed virtually every race in the last 40 years. My favourite race? Monaco 1984 and that astonishing Toleman. I have more sympathy for garagista teams than for constructors and my selected drivers would be Emerson Fittipaldi, the earlier Ayrton Senna, the earlier Michael Schumacher and Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton among the current ones.

#1214 essjay

essjay

• 21 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:31

Hi all, I came across this forum because someone posted one of my blogs in the Nostalgia Forum! Thought I'd sign up and come introduce myself.  I work in racing, following in my dad's footsteps   ;)

Looking forward to reading and participating in some discussions! Have a great day everyone  :blush:

www.allinsport.ch/blog

#1215 Ice1Fan

Ice1Fan

• 329 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 15:47

Hi everyone,

Long time lurker here. Actually since 2008!!! :wave:

Looking forward to having great discussions in the forums.

Thank You! 

Edited by Ice1Fan, 16 July 2015 - 15:48.

#1216 Joshrobins13

Joshrobins13

• 353 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:49

Hi all,

Been reading the forum for a few seasons and following F1 since the late 90's. Also a fan of Motogp and have recently got into IndyCar because of the forum! 

#1217 bulbabubble

bulbabubble

• 100 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:36

Hi All,
I might be the first indonesian who join the forum.. Always found  this forum as informative and honest forum..
Following the F1 since early 2000.. Amazed and Cry when watching Senna Documentary Movie.. Only managed to seeing live A1 GP and F1 Singapore GP once in my life :p
My Fave Driver : Senna, N.Lauda, Vettel and R.Haryanto 

Looking forward for discussion and many useful information in F1 and GP2..

See you around guys! :) :clap:

#1218 Kev00

Kev00

• 3,521 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 22:34

Hi guys, i'm Kev from wales and have been a viewer of this forum for a few months. Love watching all types of circuit racing especially single seaters. Favourite team would be mclaren and fovourite driver is Stoffel Vandoorne.

#1219 Volcano70

Volcano70

• 871 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 19:42

Hey everyone!

Im Volcano70, or just Volcano. 70 is my favorite number.

Been a fan of motorsport since i was little, i'll watch any type of motorsport when i can. I've followed NASCAR for 7-8 years, Indycar 2011ish and F1 ( i used to watch 2009-10 season replays on the old SPEED channel here in the US) but have been intent of watching some races since late 2013. Looked into all the other motorsport categories last and this year, and know i'm here.

I'll see you around!

Advertisement

#1220 MisterMack

MisterMack

• 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 14:13

Howdy y'all,

Most people call me Mack. I'm a student in Texas, been a NASCAR fan for as long as I can remember, but became an F1 fan around three years ago. Outside of motorsport, I enjoy college sports, wake surfing, and classic rock. 

Glad to be here y'all!

#1221 lukavg

lukavg

• 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 15:51

Hi everyone.
My name is Luka, from Croatia, been reading for a while. 36 years old, ferrari fan for last 25 years but appreciate all teams and most drivers. Love all sorts of motorsport.
See you...

#1222 Priyantha Bleeker

Priyantha Bleeker

• 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:15

Hi all :)
I don't know if I have already posted here :p
But I am not that 'new' but just posted not a lot.
I am a member since 30 May 2003 already  :drunk:

I am from the Netherlands, my name is Priyantha, my real name, working in the ICT business as a Unix/Linux Consultant for a secondment company.
A long-time autosport fan, watching the F1 races from the end of season 1997, before that I did watch the odd race but I was very young back then. Since the 1998 season I watched (nearly) every race.
And I have watched a lot of old races from the past from the 80's and the 90's so I had the opportunity to watch the likes of Prost and Senna and Mansell.

Currently I watch Max Verstappen with great interest and I do have something with the Williams team it has it's heritage and likeability.

#1223 theharami19

theharami19

• 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:28

Hello, I'm Arnav. I hail from New Delhi (India), and currently located in Los Angeles (USA). I'm a graduate student, working on a Ph.D, but my secret ambition is motor racing! (no surprises there)

While I've been interested in cars for most of my existence, it's only been 2 years since I've gotten a tad serious. I have a lovely '07 Mustang GT (Amy) that I enjoy modding.

xjIFxxu.jpg

Over the past year, I've also read some books, to improve my understanding of the sport of motor racing, and drive faster  :)

I devote my spare time (daily, I have too much free time!) to iRacing. Open wheeled cars are my poison, and have been trying to master the Star Mazda for a few months now.

Hope to have some pleasant interaction with you all!

Edited by theharami19, 29 September 2015 - 13:00.

#1224 Keisalex

Keisalex

• 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 15:40

Hi everyone!

I'm Keisalex, 15, born and living on Greece, and specifically Alexandroupoli.

I was introduced to F1, WRC and Moto GP by my Father in 2005. Saw Alonso driving like on the limit, and almost immediatelly became a fan of his-which i am to this day.

Saw Rossi clean sweeping everything, also became a fan of his. Same applies to Loeb.

I do not support any individual team in F1, but in the last 2-3 years, i've started following other motorsport categories, too.

Main interests for me(except the aforementioned) are: DTM, NASCAR, Formula 3.5 Renault, Formula E.

Also a supporter of the following drivers: Sebastian Ogier, Mattias Ekstrom, Daniel Ricciardo, Kimi Raikkonen, Sebastian Buemi (Formula E career only) and Tio Ellinas.

That's pretty much it, i think... looking forward to meet other members of the community and talking about our shared passion together!

P.S. Forgot to add- i just LOVE learning about the History of F1!  :clap:

#1225 giob1966

giob1966

• 6 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:13

Hi all

I'm Joe, 48 years old, I live in New Zealand though I am originally from the USA.  I've just come back to F1 since last following it a long long time ago... started watching highlights on US television (Wide World of Sports) in 1976.  It's good to be back.  :D

#1226 acf69

acf69

• 472 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 20:34

I am Matt, originally from The Netherlands but now living in Switzerland after living in the US for a while. Generic racing fan (Formula 1, NASCAR) depending where I live. More interest in F1 at the moment because of Max Verstappen. Funny how you get connected to someone because he just speaks the same language, and how someone that lives close by Grosjean you have no connection with...

#1227 KatiePI

KatiePI

• 4 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 18:08

Hi all I am Katie from The Philippines but now in UK

been a F1 fan for just over year now hoping to join some good disscuisions here.

#1228 rickstein

rickstein

• 6 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:23

Hi, lurker who never registered here...

About me,  pretty boring really, run a Marketing agency.

F1 is in my blood so I am happy to say hello to you guys today.

Thanks.

#1229 FullOppositeLock

FullOppositeLock

• 5,242 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 15:19

Have been posting a bit since registering two weeks or so ago and meant to say hello in here, so: Hello! 39 year old Dutch F1 fan who likes his drivers to have a bit of an edge. Used to love watching Senna (only for a few years sadly), Verstappen sr, J.Villeneuve, Alesi, etc. Although I will happily concede he was an insanely talented driver I never really warmed to Schumi, mainly because of *that incident* with Hill. Lately I have admired Kimi (Lotus days) and Max this season for obvious (patriotic) reasons. In the current field other drivers I like and respect are: Hamilton, Alonso, Ricciardo, Vettel and Grosjean.

The first GP I attended live was France 1994, shortly after Senna died, so I never got to see the great man in action sadly. It was a gift for my high school graduation (living in France at the time) and I remember being shattered when watching Imola and the events in the week after realising my dream to see Senna race was not to be. The thing that impressed me most at the track as a 18 year old was the sound of the Ford engines from the Larousse cars. Since then I have been to two Monaco GP's and two Spa GP's, the most memorable being the 1998 installment where me and two mates spent the night getting drenched in the woods (we were students sneaking in for free as the first paying visitors arrived at the track at 7am-ish as was quite common those days as we were far from alone hiding in the bushes and making a mad dash to get to the trackside without being spotted by security let's put it that way) only to see just a handful of cars arrive at the bus stop at the end of lap 1.  :lol: 

I had given up on modern F1 really but it appears that "Max" has dragged me back in, possibly against my better judgement. Anyway, I hope to visit more grand prix in my time, and would love to one day be able to travel the world and plan it around a F1 season, visiting every race and seeing nice places in between.

I don't know all the do's and don'ts around this place yet, so please be gentle to this forum rookie.  :smoking:

#1230 RichardCantelo

RichardCantelo

• 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:05

Hi everyone. Been following F1 since 82.....God... I'm already boring myself! Speak to you soon.Rich.

#1231 Sparky68

Sparky68

• 535 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 18:59

Hello guys. Been a big F1 fan for a number of years and until his ego took over, a big Lewis fan. Look forward to some interesting discussions.

Edited by Sparky68, 29 October 2015 - 06:48.

#1232 nob1980

nob1980

• 17 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 20:29

Hello everyone!

I'm Nico, 35 years old, living in the southwest of Germany. From there, I can reach the Nürburgring, Spa and the Hockenheimring in only 1,5 hours respectively.

I really got hooked on all categories of motorsport in the years 1992/1993. At that time, being a 12 year old german, I couldn't avoid becoming a fan of Michael Schumacher firstly. But this changed quickly in the following time when I started to appreciate the so called underdogs.

Those where wonderful days with great races in the old DTM, the CART-Series, the BTCC, only to mention a few. It was the time when drivers like Jan Magnussen and Jos Verstappen were the shooting stars and I remember a race report in the german racing magazine "Motorsport aktuell" about the DTM at the Norisring in 1995. In this report, Jan Magnussen was pictured with his little son, Kevin. And so, history is repeating.

I'm deeply interested in the motorsport of the 70s, 80s and 90s, and so I love the F1 test thread, which finally induced me to join this forum. I think I've got a few interesting pics to contribute, for example of a technical director testing his own F1 car in quite casual clothes.

See you! 

#1233 Joe98

Joe98

• 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 18:29

Hi people

I'm a 17 year old hoping to do Motorsport Engineering at Uni. Spent a lot of time on this site and only realised that there was a forum recently. Huge F1 fan since 2010 and have been following GP2 for the last couple of years. This season I have started to get into GP3 and WRC. Looking forward to the discussions.

#1234 PantaRhei

PantaRhei

• 30 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 16:47

Hi all, 

My name is Bas, I'm Dutch and 27 years old. I started watching F1 in '01 and have always been a Schumacher fan. From '03 on I started supporting Alonso as well because I really liked his rookie performances at Renault. I also got the chance to meet him very shortly in front of the drivers hotel during the '04 European Grand Prix. I kind of lost my interest in F1 after Schumacher left Ferrari as I found most of the remaining drivers quite boring and I missed the old Ferrari hegemony days. This year I really got back into F1 mostly due to Max Verstappen. His performances have been astonishing and if it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't be watching because of the lack of competition at the front of the grid to be honest. I'm looking forward to some fruitful discussions on this board!

#1235 tylerlm97

tylerlm97

• 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 18:45

Hello everyone,

Been a lurker for a long time here. I'm 18 years old and live in then states. Been a long time nascar fan since i was a baby. Jeff Gordon is my favorite and always will be. About a year ago I really started to get into f1 because im going to school as a software engineer and would love to get into car technology with it, so that's when i really started learning the fundamentals of a f1 car not just the racing itself

#1236 AlexeyF1

AlexeyF1

• 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:07

Hi people,

My name is Alexey. I'm from Russia and 20 years old. I also was lurker for some time and now I registered. I follow F1 for 5 years as well as motoGP, Indycar since Aleshin came to SPM and GP2. Now I found RX pretty attractive.

Favorite drivers: Montoya, Button, Webber, Ricciardo, Kvyat, Aleshin

Ready to join some good discussions here ;)

#1237 sillyseb123

sillyseb123

• 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 22:30

hi

#1238 Annoying Twit

Annoying Twit

• 301 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 19:39

For some reason, I couldn't post here though I registered years ago. I'm not sure what the problem was, but I seem to have fixed it. 

I have been using the chat during races that are live on BBC, using the nickname 'BurgerChomper'.

#1239 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 28,422 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:52

What an appropriate screen name for an Internet discussion board. !!!!

I'm with ya Chomper !
Jp

Advertisement

#1240 ku5hal

ku5hal

• 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 17:26

Kushal here from India, Mumbai. Hoping for a good time here!

#1241 GunnarN7

GunnarN7

• 85 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 18:19

Hi, everybody,

Motorsport fan since I can remember: Schumacher fan as a kid, as now, as an adult I pretty much switched to simply F1 fan. I sympathize with some drivers but I don't like to be labeled as a supporter of any driver. As far as I enjoy the races and see good racing, I don't care about which names are on top.

Looking forward to have some interesting discussions.

#1242 BuddyHolly

BuddyHolly

• 3,332 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:13

Hello everyone,

I am a mad keen F1 fan and have been for a good many decades, I have been a fan since the days of Jimmy Clark, Jackie Stewart etc.

my favourite era of F1 is the 60s and 70s, however far too many great people perished then so it is also a very sad time too.

I do still watch F1 as much as I can.

I'm new to the internet, got a connection two weeks ago and I'm just starting to find superb places to chat like this!

Hope we can all enjoy some great races together and have a nice time.

#1243 TyreSmokeDownshift

TyreSmokeDownshift

• 1,083 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 19:32

Hello there.

Have been a follower of F1 since the late nineties and more recently a follower of the feeder series and Formula E.

Though the art of film is my main focus, motorsport is something I follow on the side and I hope to contribute to this forum.

#1244 armey

armey

• 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 13:10

I always liked MH the best. Before he had the machinery to do big things, there were other favourites; Mansell in 1992, Senna in 1993,1994 (after 3races Hill, unfortunately), Hill again in 1995,1996, JV 1997 and Mika after that. Schumacher used to make me sick for years. After he crashed Hill for WDC in 1994,cadrephotos.com tried with JV in 1997, half of 1998 went by with me wondering when will he take out Mika

Edited by armey, 17 January 2016 - 13:42.

#1245 RustyIesty

RustyIesty

• 23 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 14:02

Finally made an account here, occasional lurker. Long time fan, 1996 onwards.

#1246 Branislav

Branislav

• 586 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 14:43

Hi,

I follow F1 for about 15 years. I also like WRC, MotoGP and especially NASCAR. I'm here to find some NASCAR fans :)

#1247 juliuscaesar

juliuscaesar

• 2,310 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 14:12

Hello,

Long time autosport lurker, have been following F1 for almost 10 years. I also watch feeder series and MotoGP. See you around :)

#1248 Afrenchguy

Afrenchguy

• 146 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 01:00

Hi there,

I m a french guy, i m 38 yo.
I follow F1 since i m 8 yo.

See you

Edited by Afrenchguy, 02 February 2016 - 01:00.

#1249 SeanBolger

SeanBolger

• 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 22:22

Hi my name is Sean Bolger and i'm a Rallcross Driver from Australia being mentored by Alister McRae as I head towards the Red Bull GRC Lites in 2017.

I hope you like my latest rally training video with my Dad, Robbie Bolger in the passenger seat.

www.bit.ly/SeanBolgerRallyTraining

Edited by SeanBolger, 17 February 2016 - 22:30.

#1250 BalanceUT

BalanceUT

• 2,056 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:06

Newbie to these forums, love sports forums. Newbie fan to F1 starting in the 2014 season (what many old timers consider a point of major downfall in the sport). I really enjoy the hybrid technologies, kinetic and heat extraction to get to 50% efficiency! Amazing technologies pushed to the limit. An article in Wired Magazine in 2013 was what set me on the course to watch it, together with easier availability in the US via NBCSN broadcasts of races. I also really liked Lewis Hamilton from his appearance on Top Gear (UK), so I decided to cheer for him. As time went by I grew to dislike Red Bull tremendously, this past 2015 season particularly. What a bunch of whiners.

As an American (I live in Appalachian Maryland), I'm definitely hoping that Haas shows strongly. Something about their approach seems different than other new teams/low budget teams to the grid. My guess is that they are not low budget and have approached with a strongly data driven plan that is also leveraging their extensive experience in other motorsports. I think they will surprise on the high side.