The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1344 replies to this topic

#1251 Tom87

Tom87

• 37 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:17

Hi all,

After a few years of reading lurking this forum, now it was the time to register! I'm from the Netherlands following F1 since 1997 when I was 10. Although the sport has changed a lot since that time (and will change even more in the future), I'm still addicted to it.

At the moment I live and work in Melbourne for a few months (now constructing in Albert Park :cool: ). So in 3 weeks I'm ready to cheer for Max!  :clap: . Did my weekly trackwalk this afternoon and it starts to look like a real racetrack now, although a lot of work has still to be done!

Advertisement

#1252 Forghieri

Forghieri

• 380 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 17:54

Hi everybody,  :wave:

I have been lurking for a few years and I feel like it’s time to introduce myself.

I am a space engineer in Turin, Italy, have worked on ESA and NASA projects. My first memory in Formula 1 is a vague recollection of Lauda’s accident at Nürburgring. I was then less than 5 years old.

Have been a Ferrari fan ever since, like almost everyone in my family (my 92-year old aunt still watches every grand prix). It’s very hard to explain what supporting Ferrari means for me, especially to non-Italians. It has nothing to do with supporting Montezemolo or Marchionne (whom I totally distrust) and nothing to do with rationality. It has more to do with somehow clinging to the last straws of self-respect in on otherwise collapsing country. Don't tell me it doesn't make much sense, I already know. At any rate, I’m afraid I’m wandering off topic. I am happy to be a part of this wonderful community and I can’t wait till the season kicks off.

#1253 voo22

voo22

• 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 19:07

Hi
I have been reading about how to spice up formula 1 and I am sure someone will have thought of this idea but sometimes simple ideas are not obvious and so to firstly ensure all sponsors receive the same coverage, secondly fans ( the most important people) get the most exciting racing they have ever seen ie overtaking etc, thirdly all drivers would have a chance to win even in slower cars. The idea is to have the option of reversing the race order completely after qualifying by introducing a draw which could be 20 balls like a lottery with a number of them marked with the reversed race depending on how many races should be reversed, how exciting would that be. Anyway let me know your thoughts, maybe you think that's completely nuts but that's fine, just an idea

#1254 ILikeRed

ILikeRed

• 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 15:49

Hello everyone

F1 fan sine 1997/98...Ferrari fan. After a few years of reading this forum,decided to register. Hope everyone will enjoy my posts. Even as a Ferrari fan I try to be as neutral as possible :p

Happy new season F1 folks

#1255 Mueslibol

Mueslibol

• 10 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 16:21

Hello everyone,

If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much, and I guess there are not enough Verstappen fans here yet, so I thought I should register as well  :cat:

Mostly to read analyses of others of what's happening during races, because I don't consider myself an expert. I've always watched a lot of sports, except for motorsports... until last year, when Verstappen joined the F1.

I read a lot of topics last year already, but now I thought I should become a member myself as well :) 

#1256 Run

Run

• 203 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 23:51

Hi all,

First memory of F1 is Prost/Piquet in 83 at Zandvoort. The real first season I followed is 1984.

Since then, I'm a McLaren fan but it is a lot of time in contradiction with my favorite drivers. Thru the years, I liked Prost, Schumacher and finally Hamilton.

I'm a long time reader and it is now time to jump and try to not be too shame with my non-fluent english.

Run.

#1257 jpetrie

jpetrie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 00:09

Hi. I've been following F1 since 1980 (thanks to Alan Jones - I'm Australian), but only became a serious fan in the early 2000's when I moved to Melbourne for 10 years, and started going to the Melbourne GP every year.

I've been a subscriber to Autosport for longer than I can remember.

I really love the circus of F1, though the ineptitude of the powers that being is a constant source of frustration and amazement. No other multi-billion dollar (or pound) business would be run in such a haphazard manner!

Whatever anyone says about the state of F1, every season brings amazing races, along with some dull ones - that's just the nature of racing. 

I support Dan Ricciardo, naturally, and while I think Vettel, Alonso and Button are as good as anyone, and Hamilton is just a pure racer, I'd really like to see Nico Rosberg win a maiden title. With young drivers like Sainz and Verstappen coming through, the future of the sport is secure. The problem is, it is no longer treated as a sport, but as an entertainment package.

To me, the assumptions that falling numbers are the result of boring racing seems wrong, unless there is compelling data to support it. If there is, no-one has ever mentioned it! I was furious last year when Bernie sold the broadcast rights in Australia to Foxtel cable, meaning that, apart for the Australian GP, I have to now pay $50 a month just to watch quali and the races. FOM's lack of support for web-based services is soooo frustrating. I also follow NFL, and if FOM wants to see how to promote a sport and make it an entertainment package that encourages fans, it needs to look no farther than the NFL. I pay about $200 (Australian) per year for Game Pass, which lets me watch EVERY game live or immediately after, either the full broadcast game, or an edited version that takes about 30 minutes. That includes pre-season and post-season, including the Superbowl. Plus, I can watch past seasons as well.

As for attendance at GPs, the main factors are, in my opinion, the cost and the lack of things to do once there. The Australian GP does this well, and I understand Austin does, too. I've been to the British GP a couple of times, and while Silverstone is a great place, the off-track entertainment is a bit thin by comparison. But full credit to the BRDC for addressing the issues.

In short, the problems are not on the track, but in the appalling way F1 is managed. And if the problems are on the track, leave the damn technical regs alone for a few years to compress the field. Look at 2012!

Enough ranting. I'm happy to finally be an active participant in the forums.

John

Edited by jpetrie, 23 March 2016 - 00:09.

#1258 Josema

Josema

• 7 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 11:20

Hi!

I'm from Spain, a country with no so many motorsport fans as most of you may imagine. I still remember the first Formula 1 car I saw: it was 2004 Ferrari's Michael Schumacher car, and I just fell in love with Formula 1. I was only 7 years old then, so I did not know anything about the calendar: I just sit in front of the TV every Sunday to see if there was a Formula 1 race.

But Alonso changed everything. Viewers increased a lot, TV stations broadcast Formula 1 as never before and suddenly a lot of information about motorsport became available. I started reading books with former drivers biographies, and my passion was increasing. From that time I still keep all the races in DVD  :) .

Later on, GP2 appeared on TV too, and those races were almost as exciting as Formula 1 races, if not more  :lol: . Since 2014 I have pay TV at home, so I got access to other categories such as GP3, Porsche Supercup, WTCC, WEC, and the most exciting race on Earth, the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I have no words to describe how I felt watching all those beauties in the middle of the night for the first time, and now that's the weekend when I sleep the least  :cool: .

I have been reading Autosport for a couple of months, and I thought it was time to join these amazing forums  :) .

Josema

#1259 kurski

kurski

• 310 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 20:58

I have not previously responded to any this topic

Hi

I'm from Finland and I've been following F1 since 1995, but i like more the FIA WEC, Super GT, WTCC, DTM, STCC, IndyCar, TCR, Formula E, GT Asia etc.

I started Finnish website motorsport's drivers/persons interviews in 2013 and in the near future, again the same work on a new page. 

Advertisement

#1260 Izzyeviel

Izzyeviel

• 429 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 17:02

Hi Everybody!  :wave:

I'm Neil, I'm new to the forums, but I've been watching F1 since I was a kid way back in 1989.  :up:

I'm English, i'm a student of History at a uni in London, and i'm a big sports fan, not just F1 :)

Also, i'm a big emoji fan as well  :smoking:  :lol:  :cool:  :clap:  :p  :cat:

#1261 Balthazar

Balthazar

• 145 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 01:55

Bonjour,

je m'appelle Balthazar... JE SUIS DESOLE, I should be typing in English as I am a bloody 'stralian ! The usual history, up close in '85 to watch K. Rosberg win the inaugural Adelaide Grand Prix. Mum and dad reckon I enjoyed mimicking James Hunt as a youngster, but my earliest memory of Formula 1 is a squashed possum (see below) in the Adelaide East Parklands...

and haven't missed a race since (well, except Brazil 2015 where I fell asleep).

:smoking:

6598536-1x1-940x940.jpg

Edited by Balthazar, 02 April 2016 - 01:59.

#1262 BuddyHolly

BuddyHolly

• 3,361 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 15:34

Balthazar, your avatar rocks man.  I was always fond of Cevert :up:

#1263 Balthazar

Balthazar

• 145 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:37

Balthazar, your avatar rocks man.  I was always fond of Cevert :up:

Oui, c'est bon...

merci.

#1264 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 50,208 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 19:45

Balthazar :wave:

“Désolée” (she's a woman) is a good friend's fave French expression, so your use of it is, IMHO, a good sign. :up:

Apart from that, glad you posted a pic of an unsquashed variant of possum. :cool:

Get your 30 posts quick and join us in the Paddock Club, but be sure to visit this thread first:   ;)

http://forums.autosp...5-paddock-club/

Edited by Zmeej, 14 April 2016 - 19:56.

#1265 Krassegrand

Krassegrand

• 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:46

Hello

I am new here!

My first pot was because of a mistake from my side.

Post 787 on Bahrain Grand Prix 2016 - race tread.

I have been watching F1 since Jackie Stewart took his second title (with some lesser intsnce periods) and has often missed someone to discuss with.

Looking foreward to partisipating in this forum. 

Jörgen

PS

Why can't I paste in my thread

#1266 Reddington

Reddington

• 615 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:53

Hi guys,

I'm Erik. Currently 46 years old. Dutch, but living in Hong Kong with my soon to be American wife. I'm a product developer and production manager in the scale model industry and am managing these two facets in China for my company. 

I've been watching F1 since 1991. Nigel Mansell got me hooked within one race when I watched him chase Senna in the Italian GP. A year later I got to witness him take the title of course and I hardly missed an F1 race since. I was always drawn to drivers of whom you could/can see that they drive their cars to the edge. Like Mansell, JPM, Lewis, currently Max. All in their own different style, but all very much true and natural gifted racers in my regard.

I've only discovered this forum recently; about a year ago. I've been lurking ever since. I witnessed more than a few heated threads in here, which at times can be fully out of control, but there seem to be a lot of passionate people here who like car racing and have good knowledge. I like that shared passion, and since I don't shy away from some heated debate, I decided to create an account and sign up. I probably won't make a whole lot posts, since I am not the type who will just repeat what has been said already. And you won't have to expect me posting only rave reviews about MV either. Yes, I am a Max fan, but I am and F1 fan first and like to think I have neutral look on things (and am still rooting for Lewis as well).

#1267 RECKLESS

RECKLESS

• 2,819 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:51

Hi everyone.

I'm a Formula1 loving dude in his 30's. From Finland. Been following the sport since somewhere around '92-'93.

Was in my late teens when Häkkinen won his two WDC and that cemented my eternal love for the sport (Finland was in a really hot F1 fever at that time).

Always been a big supporter of Räikkönen of course and hoping Bottas' career gets to the next level he deserves!

I'm not a too biased supporter of the Finns though. Enjoy seeing great racing from each driver on the track.

Been following this forum from time to time but finally decided to join in on the fun. Rock n roll!! :wave:

#1268 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 50,208 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 21:17

OK, now post something RECKLESS. :cool:

#1269 DavidCano

DavidCano

• 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 19:46

Hi everyone! 

My name is David and I would like to introduce myself here! 

Im a 29 year-old spanish guy from Madrid. I started to follow formula one in 1997 when Jacques Villeneuve won the championship with Williams. At the same time, I've been a big fan of racing videogames and simracing since then. 
I started playing f1 world championship for the N64, and years later got hooked within the world of SimRacing, having played in many leagues such as the spanish NRD League. 

Last week I went to my first Grand Prix in Barcelona (I know, kind of late, but I didn't had neither the opportunity nor the money for it) and I loved it, it remembered me how much I love motorsport and formula one. 

My favourite drivers right now are Fernando Alonso, Max Verstappen, Carlos Sainz and Niko Hulkenberg. 

Hope to have fun around here. 

PS: I always sorry for my English, as I do not practice it often. Anyways I am a big fan of learning languages and speak German, Italian and Greek! 

Greetings!  :up: 

David

Edited by DavidCano, 17 May 2016 - 19:48.

#1270 Krassegrand

Krassegrand

• 24 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 17:20

Wellcome! :clap:

Jörgen

#1271 Rivanov

Rivanov

• 12 posts

Posted 21 May 2016 - 09:56

My name is Rick, 29 years old F1 passionate from the Netherlands. Been a massive F1 fan since 1994 and especially a big Michael Schumacher fan back in the days. Visited the Grand Prix of Hungary back in 1997 and it was awesome. Going to Spa this year, have tickets for sunday on the Gold 3 Eau Rouge grandstand.. Can't wait!! :D

Going to support our big pride Max ofcourse.

Been lurking on autosport.com for couple of years now so I thought, why don't I join the forum! ;)

So here I am. :)

#1272 DavidCano

DavidCano

• 22 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:29

Welcome Rivanov! Max will be world champion with a good car, I am sure!

#1273 Lost Boys

Lost Boys

• 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 22:28

Hey all. Better say hi. I registered umpteen years ago when the Grand Prix magazine forums were still going, CT's ICQ grouo was going strong but probably after the old ITV-F1 forum closed its doors. I've lurked here over the years but not really posted much at all so I need to pull my finger out a bit. I am 34, followed F1 since around 91-92, never got over the Orange Arrows folding (still wear their team shirts today), saw Montoyas maiden F1 win back in Monza 2001, still out on the v6 sound (although it is growing on me) and I'm the proud owner of the autograph of no less than the mighty TV personality that is......Tony Jardine (and Damon Hill)...but Tony Jardine..wow.

#1274 Pauillac

Pauillac

• 123 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:33

Bit rude of me not introducing myself prior to interfering with the ongoing discussions on the board.

Therefore my apologies.

Hi all,

My name is Justin and I'm 31 years old. I started following F1 since I saw the crash from Schumacher and Hill back in '94 and I was intrigued by it.

My first real life F1 experience was at the Marlboro Masters on the Zandvoort circuit where Luca Badoer did a demo with the Ferrari F2000 and fell in love with that car. It was for a very long period my favorite F1 car, until the RBR12 was presented early this year. What a beauty.

One year later I visited the GP of Spa, unfortunately without my hero in an F1 car, Jos Verstappen. Later on I could never been bothered with drivers like Albers, Doornbos or van der Garde. They didn't have the "Verstappen Magic" as I like to call it.

This year I will visit the GP of Austria and the GP of Spa to support Max. Also went to the so called "racedagen driven by Max Verstappen" (racedays on the Zandvoort circuit) on Saturday. What an absolute madness it was. Adults acting like children when they saw Max. One could imagine what will happen here in Holland when Max will win the WDC.

#1275 Zmeej

Zmeej

• 50,208 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 20:05

Floc de Gascogne! :cool:

#1276 1886

• 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 13:47

Hi guys,

Mercedes-Benz fan more than 30 years. Since then everything has changed in my life, but Mercedes-Benz are stay.

Cheers...  :wave: 

#1277 Nzapper

Nzapper

• 40 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 21:08

Good evening to everyone and it is my time to say hello to these forums.

I'm Nzapper and I come from Finland, although I'm moving to Poland next week for work.

I was an avid F1 fan and follower from the mid 90s up to 2013. Made the switch to Indycar in the middle of that season and have not really looked back. Still watch F1 races here and there when I have the time.

Really despise tarmac run-off areas in 95% of the cases where they are used. Part of what turned me into Indycar along with the fact that I find a lot more entertainment from Indycar than F1 nowadays.

Gonna be excited to join in on Indycar conversations, and maybe pop in in a few other topics.

#1278 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 28,458 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:28

We welcome you with open arms.

#1279 TheKerb

TheKerb

• 175 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 18:57

Hi All, 

My name is Joost and I am 24 year old dutchie. Have been a silent reader on the forum for the better part of this season (found the forum during Barca testing). Been a McLaren fan since the 90's (Hakkinen winning the titles) as my dad used to work for one of their sponsors. The McLaren fandom has remained whereas the sponsor isn't on the car anymore. 

My first and so far only real F1 experience came when Vettel gave a demo at Zandvoort. 

Hope to contribute to discussions and hopefully all yous wisdom will enlighten me! 

Advertisement

#1280 clarkma5

clarkma5

• 68 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 18:31

Hi guys, I should've introduced myself sooner!

I started watching what F1 I could catch in 2007, after following WRC and WEC for a couple years before that, and I've been an Autosport+ subscriber since 2009 (The first full season of F1 I watched, and I've watched every single F1 session (except tests, which I've usually followed the live text updates) since Australia 2010) and finally joined the forums a few months ago.

I'm not one to be a big fan of any team or driver, but starting watching F1 consistently in 2009 means I have an extra big soft spot for Jenson Button (class act!). I've got a cheap little Miata to tinker on, have done some track days and amateur karting leagues myself, and even did a touristfahrten day at the nordschleife in 2008 :)

#1281 thez

thez

• 419 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 17:21

I joined hoping this is where the hot grid girls hang out  :p   My favourite team/driver - Red Bull Max. This combo overtakes Pepsi Max. 

#1282 andreadecrasheris

andreadecrasheris

• 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 17:10

Hi all!

Alex, engineer, F1 fan since the early 2000s, but have watched a lot of races from the Senna-Prost or Lauda-Hunt eras. A big Alonso supporter, even in the hardest moments, I hope better times come back for him. I'm always looking for curious episodes from the past, the circuits or the pilots, I hope I will learn them around here!

#1283 ozkee

ozkee

• 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:45

Hey guys!

I'm 16 years old from England I have been watching F1 religiously since i was 2010. And love to watch pretty much any racing whether that be on two wheels or four. My favorite driver at the moment is Charles Leclerc. I've always wanted to be in F1 and i am always writing to teams and applying for jobs. Am currently saving money to go to as many national events as possible, the Formula Ford festival at Brands is a must see.

#1284 stevenagef1

stevenagef1

• 42 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 13:50

Hi Guys! hope everyones good!Wow that Seat uh?:-)....anyway ive been an F1 for sixteen years now!from my user name you can tell am Han fan :-).am just getting in to the film business. Writing a screenplay and producing...looking forward to a competitive season for "17". Thanks for letting me in to the Paddock!

#1285 McSenna

McSenna

• 33 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 15:35

Hello racing fans. I'm from Belgium and an F1 fan since 1989. I have been a member for over 10 years on Planet F1 but the the fandom and bias actually got out of hand. Hopefully here I can discuss F1 in peace and do my thing.

#1286 HairyScalextrix

HairyScalextrix

• 493 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 20:50

Hello and Happy New Year! Just joined as some of the RC quiz questions were too good to miss! Not fussed about F1 these days but I like the historic stuff, particularly sports cars. Hope to chat with many of you in future.

#1287 Pierce89

Pierce89

• 189 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:01

Allright then.
Although this is not my first post, I haven't introduced myself yet, so here it goes:

I'm a 29 year old Dutch F1 fan who has been following F1 since '92. I got roasted in Budapest during the Hungarian 2001 GP weekend and I boo-ed with the rest of the crowd at Zeltweg at the end of the 2002 Austian GP. This year planning to visit the Spanish GP.
I've been lurking around these boards for 2 years now and then. Great fun to read although I sometimes wonder what jobs the frequent posters on these bboards have. Can I get one too? :D
Even got myself a Atlas subscription this year, which is a great investment so far (something like this bira? :) ). Can't wait for the season to start!

My favorite drivers are Jos (no surpise there), the other JV (only his racing style, not for his verbal skills) and Kimi (hope to see him smile this year). Also I will miss Irvine's hilarious comments.

So, let's see if I can get to 30 posts to see what that paddock club is all about...

JXL

Good luck on the paddock club. I'm well over 30 posts and still can't access it.

#1288 Marklar

Marklar

• 34,403 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:38

Good luck on the paddock club. I'm well over 30 posts and still can't access it.

Reading would be a good idea ;)

Forum for FULL MEMBERS only (those with at least 30 posts on the board). The place to talk about (almost!) any non-motorsport topic, while sipping champagne and socialising with others. To gain access you have to PM the Paddock bouncer Slartibartfast and beg...

And that's him

http://forums.autosp...slartibartfast/

#1289 Samspade

Samspade

• 248 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 21:57

Hi all been a long time lurker for years just never bothered to register good to part of the gang

#1290 SpaceGhost

SpaceGhost

• 166 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 13:59

Moving from PF1 aka The GP2 racing forums to Autosport aka F1 of racing forums - Yep seems this is where the real actions is ;)

#1291 Blackjack1967

Blackjack1967

• 39 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 19:49

Hi all, just another one, in my case from Barcelona.

Many years reading GP threads and many things around F1 i´ve decided to join.

Cheers

#1292 Rupert

Rupert

• 226 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 23:07

Hi everybody, I'm a long time fan of racing but was away from following most series for a couple years. The new F1 regulations brought back some interest to me and I intend to share the viewing experience with you guys. 

#1293 SolarWind

SolarWind

• 58 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 20:43

Hey all,

Been a fan of F1 since 2010. Love the speed these cars bring to the table. I'm also a fan of driver psychology. Looking forward to a fun time. 

#1294 Larunss

Larunss

• 146 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:48

Hello!
I've been watching F1 since the late 90's with my favorite drivers being Wurz and Diniz, though I have no idea how that happened!!😀

After my brain developed I started following Mika and Kimi.
But mostly I enjoy good racing no matter who wins.

So finally after years of watching F1 and a few years knowing about the existance of this forum I decided to join the ranks!

Edited by Larunss, 11 March 2017 - 10:48.

#1295 Antemeridian

Antemeridian

• 209 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 22:45

Hi All,

I'm Adam, a Canadian in my mid 30s, followed lightly in the Jacques Villeneuve days, but only really got back into the sport in a big way last year.

Great to see a Canadian driver back on the grid, and hopeful he can live up to the hype. While he does come from money, there's no cheap way into F1 these days, and he did earn his points for his superlicense, so he's got the benefit of the doubt on my part.

Less than 2 weeks to go!

#1296 F1Gmr

F1Gmr

• 134 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 18:58

Hi all,

Been a Formula 1 fan since 1997, also known as the first season you could watch all the races live on ITV.

First driver I followed was Schumi. He was absolutely awesome in the beautiful scarlet Ferrari, and yes there were those moments we all remember (Australia 94, Austria 02) etc but despite the flaws he will always be my absolute favourite driver. Hope he recovers from his injuries someday. (Keep fighting Michael)

Nowadays I'm a fan of Red Bull's teams. Had some great dominant years with Seb but obviously not been able to compete with Merc the last few seasons. Hopefully this season both Danny Ric and Max will be competing for regular wins and the title.

With Toro Rosso hoping for regular points finishes and good performances from both Sainz and Kvyat. Saying that though if Carlos has another good season no way will Red Bull be able to keep him unless they promote him.

Going off on a tangent there. Just a quick intro and hope to have some great discussions on here. :cat: 

#1297 Salming

Salming

• 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 18:25

Hi,

I guess I should introduce myself, although I have had a user here for sometime I found.

I have been a F1 fan since 197? (3 I think) when I was a wee boy rooting for Ronnie Peterson in the Lotus and Reine Wisell in Team Pierre Robert. As you might suspect I'm Swedish.

At that time there was some races aired by Eurovision in Swedish TV, but it was not until at the beginning of the nineties where all races were available. And I have seen every race since 1992, and most races from 1985, where my infatuation for Scuderia Ferrari began when Stefan Lill-lövis Johansson got a contract with the Prancing horse.

From then on I've always rooted for Ferrari rather then any driver in particular, although it is hard not to have a favourite with Schumi having won 72 races.

I'm kind of a nerd, the kind that reads the technical and sporting regulations, watching all FP, qualifying and races. I'm also part of the administrators of a Swedish forum like this, but quite a bit smaller.

Well, that's a little about me. Now I hope that what we saw in Melbourne wasn't a one-off.

#1298 ThomasCrown

ThomasCrown

• 260 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 18:13

Hello everybody,

I've been a F1 fan since the eighties, I guess that reveals more about my age than my knowledge about the sport. Back then I used to watch sporadically, enjoying Senna, Prost, Piquet, Mansell, Rosberg and others.

My interest grew during the battles with Schumacher and Hakkinen, with the former beeing the first driver I actually rooted for in F1. Still to this day I don't believe I have ever felt that during their prime there ever was someone whom I felt was a superstar, maybe Senna if I have to name someone else, like him. Schumacher though is not my all time favourite driver, but I'll come back to that later.

Somewhere around 2003-2004 my interest lessened, not because of the domination of Schumacher but more likely because life got in the way... By then a young unconventional, unexperienced, silent and natural talent had appeared on the F1 scene, I guess you know whom I'm talking about, and my interest in F1 skyrocketed.

Yes, I'm talking about Kimi Räikkonen. He may not be the same driver he once was but that soft spot for him that I felt years ago still hasn't disappeared, nor the interest in the sport. However I have to be frank and say that once he's out of F1 my interest may go back to beeing the same as during the Senna, Prost, Piquet, Mansell and Rosberg era. But who knows maybe the sport has got me so hooked that I don't need a certain driver to stay interested in the sport, I doubt it but who knows?

Finally, I'll try to be a "good member" on this board but I'm a passionate guy so if I'll step out of line every now and then please tell me and I'll try to do better next time.

/ThomasCrown

Edited by ThomasCrown, 08 April 2017 - 18:21.

#1299 KOFCIU

KOFCIU

• 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 16:26

Hi All.  I have been a F1 fan since 1988.  I like Ferrari and Williams, current drivers - Vettel , Hamilton , Raikkonen.  I love also Moto GP. 

Advertisement

#1300 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 28,458 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 18:58

Rumor has it that Mathos has joined... That'll be interesting...were he to contribute.