* * * - - 8 votes

The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1327 replies to this topic

#1301 ACJimClark

ACJimClark

• 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 20:25

I'm just checking in. Have been an F1 fan for more years decades than I care to admit. My sign is a bit of a give away though. Have been a Jenson fan for many years and have added 'Smiler' Ricciardo. Just love that guy's style.

Advertisement

#1302 MegaBob

MegaBob

• 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:12

Hello, all.

I live in Johannesburg, South Africa. I got interested in F1 many years ago when I got a subscription to a magazine and that magazine ran a lavish photo spread of the 1972 South African Grand Prix. Who could resist the John Player Special?

Then I lost touch for a while for various reasons, though I remained interested. I took a peek in the late 70s and blimey! JPS were still winning.  I got more seriously in touch again during the Senna/Prost days. 

Never raced. Been to races, but never F1.

#1303 bruznic

bruznic

• 53 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 13:46

Hi, I'm bruznic. Discovered this forum thru a friend, who gave me the Vettel vs Hamilton thread link after the Canadian gp. I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the discussion. Reminded me of the olden days at the judge 13. Before the trolls. Decided to stick around a browse a bit, and comment of course.

I'm a Belgian who is currently in his 20th full season f1. By that I mean hardcore addicted to f1. Before that it was on and off again thru various reasons.

I write f1 related articles myself, past, present and future.

I'm a huge Jacky Ickx fan. Same goes for Villeneuve (Sr) and currently Vettel. But most of all I just love f1. Watched the sport for years without having an active favorite driver.

#1304 Norsemaid

Norsemaid

• 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 22:41

Hi I'm Norsemaid . Thank you for adding me to the forum .
I have been an F 1 fan for two and a half decades . Been not as up to date as I would have liked due to various reasons , but still follow online news .
Over the years I have been a fan of Damon Hill, Jenson Button in particular , but enjoy watching the youth make their way in the sport as well .
I have followed Maclaren, Williams , Mercedes and Red Bull.
I have enjoyed commentators too , the legendary Murray Walker , Martin Brundle and just working out who o enjoy now .

#1305 NixxxoN

NixxxoN

• 1,477 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:55

Hi there!

I'm from Barcelona, Catalonia

I've been an F1 and racing fanatic for so many years... Not only for watching but also for racing myself (in a videogame simulator thats all I got)

I support Alonso in F1, Marquez and Viñales in MotoGP

#1306 CC2650

CC2650

• 62 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 18:28

Hi all,

I'm from Salento (Italy). 

Ferrari fan since 1996 :)

#1307 Eff1

Eff1

• 357 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 17:54

Hi,

I'm from London, living in Holland at the moment.

Been watching F1 since 1998 (also a Ferrari fan).

#1308 Valeo

Valeo

• 45 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 13:03

Hello , I am from Egypt , I am not able to find the topic about Advice in attending grand prix and what to expect ? I remember it was a pinned topic and contained useful info from fellow members about each gp

#1309 f1paul

f1paul

• 6,199 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 15:01

Hello , I am from Egypt , I am not able to find the topic about Advice in attending grand prix and what to expect ? I remember it was a pinned topic and contained useful info from fellow members about each gp

http://forums.autosp...rix-travelling/

#1310 thermonuclear

thermonuclear

• 11 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:49

Greetings All,

Thought I'd give f1paul a break from being at the end of the chain and post something in here.

About myself, Kiwi, male, 51 years young.  I'd like to say more money than brains but I'm not sure I have either in particularly great supply!  Inherited a love of F1 from my dear old Dad who passed away a couple of years ago now.  He always held out hope of seeing another NZ'er behind the wheel after the true glory days of McLaren, Hulme and Amon so I'm sorry he's not around to witness Hartley be given a chance to stake a claim and make a name for himself.

Watched a bit of local single-seat action live at Manfield over the years but never had the pleasure of seeing F1 in person.  This is the decade I hope to get that sorted though.

:)

#1311 lion55

lion55

• 51 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 14:17

Hi,

I'm new on this forum. I follow F1 since 1992. I hope I will be accepted here, I used to appreciate Michael Schumacher and now I support Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari.

#1312 skyeladder

skyeladder

• 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 17:30

Hello, New here. I support Lewis and all British drivers, er except there aren't any others in F1 now so I'll just have to support the one. On the other hand, F2 and GP3 have a few good British drivers so hopefully, soon there'll be a few more in F1 for me to cheer on.

A bit about myself, I'm a musician, songwriter and definitely NOT a singer! I have a band (Skyeladder - see where my UN comes from) and we play lots of festivals throughout the UK Europe and America.

I'm married, had, until recently 2 dogs, now sadly, just one and am from North England

Thank you  :clap:

#1313 FJuan

FJuan

• 38 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 13:50

Hey guys!

Until recently, I've just been reading this forum. Not much, just every night before I go to bed.

However, a new passion for racing photography has risen, and I decided to act upon this urge. If you look at some of my recent posts, you will see the standard that I am currently at.

Other hobbies include: throwing microwaves; jumping in muddy puddles; kicking backpacks; visiting my brother in prison, and living life to the max!

Favourite TV shows: Jim'll fix it; Sky sports super Sunday, and Question Time (David Dimbleby is my g)

Favourite drivers - Kyle Busch; Joey Logano and, Niko Rosberg

By the way, in my opinion, Cricket is a much better sport than Formula One! (but I have a strong passion for NASCAR) I'd love you to message me or reply to this with your opinion.

#1314 RoseTinted

RoseTinted

• 63 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 18:25

Hello, longtime general Motorsport fan, although after 30 plus years of following it I admit I haven't watched F1 with any interest for a number of years now. I hope to participate in the quizzes (if I've got the knowledge) and prior to joining I've enjoyed following the threads that are more light hearted than those that divide opinion.

#1315 CborG

CborG

• 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2018 - 21:17

Hello all!

Long-time lurker here. I love to read the passion and fury in the discussions here and decided to make an account so I can participate and make a modest attribution. Been watching F1 since 1999.

greets,

CborG

#1316 JosefStatin2

JosefStatin2

• 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:33

New member here, though I have been reading the forums for a number of years, I have now joined up; strikes me there is a lot of knowledge on here, now I shall be able to ask the odd question when I get an "I wonder..." moment (that's the plan, at any rate!) Have followed F1 on the TV since the late 80s, and seen 18 races, starting with Silverstone in '96. I appreciate that the racing is not all that it could be a lot of the time, but I don't think I shall ever tire of the spectacle, and the crazy level of engineering that is behind this sport. Hope to be in communication shortly! :wave:

#1317 Joss

Joss

• 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 13:25

Hello

I'm a motorsport fan. I'm ready to read and write.

#1318 HerbieMcQueen

HerbieMcQueen

• 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 16:11

Morning all,

Long time student and aficionado of F1 here. Born somewhere on the European continent, grew up in the British Isles and now find myself living in the southeastern part of the United States. Have been glued to the sport since the early 90's, and despite a few bumps in the road will continue to be glued for the foreseeable. I tend to gravitate towards the less flashy type of driver, those who just enjoy racing and don't care so much about the camera or the microphone. Looking forward to chatting over the latest issues du jour!

- Herbie

Edited by HerbieMcQueen, 30 March 2018 - 16:14.

#1319 Galoredk

Galoredk

• 270 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 13:05

43 year old Dane Ulrik, who likes F1. I of course like Kmag, but also anyone who challenges the Merc dominance. I'm tired of the ar meaning more than the driver to the end result.

Professionally I am doing 2 things. I am a CDO in a digital consultancy and I am building a tech start up.

I have 2 kids 3 & 1 and live in Copenhagen.

Edited by Galoredk, 14 April 2018 - 13:07.

Advertisement

#1320 Rubicon

Rubicon

• 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:30

Jay here.  Long-time follower of the forum, but this is my first post.  I'm a fan of the sport in general-much less painful than getting attached to any one driver or team.  I live on the US East Coast, and it's exciting to have three races in North America!

#1321 SouthernCross

SouthernCross

• 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:00

G'day all. Guess it won't come as a surprise that as an Aussie, I'm a huge Dan Ricciardo fan. Been reading the forums for a while, but his latest news has prompted me to finally join  :up:

#1322 Damsel

Damsel

• 145 posts

Posted 08 August 2018 - 11:07

Hello all, new member here, and I'm guessing one of the few ladies.  I've been reading voor some time, but was just a bit to lazy to actually register myself. Had some free minutes, so finally did so.

I love the really aggressive drivers, the ones that can just get a little bit dirty, the on/over the edge guys that really get their elbows out, like Verstappen, Vettel, Alonso, Magnussen, sometimes Ricciardo. These are just the guys that make things happen during a race, wether it's a spectaculair overtake or a stupid crash. Nothing but respect for good and clean racers, like Hamilton, Bottas, Leclerc, but they just have a little less of entertainment value, from my pov. Watching someone put in de perfect qualifying lap doesn't do that much for me, I love 'em fighting tooth and nail :cool:

#1323 Rors

Rors

• 414 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 16:45

Left PF1 to come here - seems all the buzz is here. Looks like a good time for me to post as I am home bound for months after an operation and I have A LOT  of time and A LOT TO SAY ;)

Drivers I really like Max, Vettel, Lewis, Alonso, Gasly, Perez, Hulk, Leclerc and Bottas  I am indifferent to the others, 

#1324 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 25,544 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 20:35

Damsel: You sound like a good candidate for watching Indycar... And joining our hilarious and enthralling Indycar threads on the forum. Welcome !!!

#1325 Damsel

Damsel

• 145 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 23:48

Damsel: You sound like a good candidate for watching Indycar... And joining our hilarious and enthralling Indycar threads on the forum. Welcome !!!

Never ever seen Indy! I don’t even know when and how often they race.... I’m gonna do some research!

#1326 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 25,544 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 21:09

What's your location? ... I can tell you where to find coverage.

#1327 bibliophagos

bibliophagos

• 98 posts

Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:18

Good day people! :)

Long time lurker here on the forums, finally decided to create an account to join in sometimes. (Allthough the admins didn't make it easy for me: I created my account the 7th, and only today I was finally able to post something).

Started watching Formula 1 at my grandmothers house when we visited in the late 70's. My parents thought a television was unnecessary and a distraction to family life, so I didn't see a lot of races then. Started really watching after my parents caved, and bough a tv in 1988, and was mainly a Mansell supporter in that time.

I started watching with my son when he was about 6 months old, it was one of the few things that got him to calm down a bit (we later found out he's mildly autistic), but he lost all interest when he was able to walk (away...). Had a period from about 2005 - 2015 that I didn't follow it closely, because I had better things to do in the weekend (and my wife wasn't too interested in watching with me), but the last couple of years I try to see every race, now with my daughter and wife (who're suddenly very interested now they have a competitive dutchman to cheer for).

#1328 Ruudbackus

Ruudbackus

• 61 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 18:16

Hi there,

I’m Ruud (how would you know) and I’ve been around on this site for a long time, finally decided to join the (sometimes heated) discussions. I started following f1 ever since Jos Verstappen made a nice salto on his debut. I’m now 37 and haven’t missed a race since that one.

In the beginning I was a huge Michael fan, and to a degree I still am. Unfortunately I only got to see Senna a few times, I’ve seen plenty of races and docus about f1 in the 70s and 80s but it’s different from watching f1 live.

Drivers that are on my favorite list besides Michael are currently Lewis, Kimi, Fernando, Daniel, Max, Charles as they make some excitement in f1 (being it good or bad :))