The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1345 replies to this topic

#301 lawsy

lawsy

• 178 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 22:46

Hi, my name is Michael, also from OZ.

I've been following F1 quite closely this year and am a big fan of Webber. Hoping to atten the AUS GP in March to see his Williams debut.

Advertisement

#302 babe

babe

• 596 posts

Posted 30 December 2004 - 00:49

Hey there! I've been about for a while, but only just joined here. I post on a few other F1 forums too.

Been watching F1 since 94, got totally hooked during 96 and have missed I think only 2 races since 97. :)

#303 Stinger

Stinger

• 33 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:24

I have been around this BB for a long time, and maybe it's time I started posting here. Rabid Michael Schumacher and Senna fan, so that should give you an idea where to aim if there would ever araise an argument.;)

#304 Gianni

Gianni

• 28 posts

Posted 06 January 2005 - 13:02

Hi to all.

I've been an F1 fan since 1980.

As a stick in the mud I still have a very soft spot for the mid-80's and the transition years from Cosworth DFV's to the turbo's. When you look back at the incredibly short lead times teams got different cars and engines winning races and even championships, particularly compared to today's '5 year plan' that so many teams favour.

I like drivers you can actually see 'drive' the car, from the old days Keke Rosberg is a favourite although his 'press on style' never suited Barnard's smooth as silk McLaren's. Of the current grid Kimi is a favourite and JPM is growing on me, I like the idea of a driver that you get the feeling on the back of your neck when you see him lining up another car.

I'm also interested in the commerical side of F1, the deals behind the deals, who is doing what and why.

I look forward to posting on the forum.

Thanks for 'listening'.!

;)

#305 Stinger

Stinger

• 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 16:48

Hi Gianni, I'm pretty new here myself, and it seems only the 'New Members' read this thread. :lol:

BTW: I just got 'Member' status. :clap: Does that gain me extra priviliges, status, esteem? :D

#306 djf1

djf1

• 95 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 17:07

Hi all,

I've been around AtlasF1 since it started when autorace.com and Atlas were the only 2 sites dedicated to F1... I grew up with GV posters on my wall and I still have my almost completed 1978 drivers roster picture album! After GV died , I turned my TV off for a couple of years but my love for F1 got the better of me and I have been watching non stop since then. I have been lucky to be able to go to Spa and Silverstone for F1 races, hopefully this year Montreal is in the cards and the US GP.
When I was a kid my dream was to become an F1 driver which ofcourse never materialized but the racing candle has been burning all this time and the past few years I have been able to realize partly my dream and I do club racing with PCA for the past 2 years.

My favorite driver? Well in the past they were GV, Lauda and Mansell. Nowdays I root for the underdogs and for this year I would like to see NH get the race seat at Williams and show everyone what is he capable off as well as JV to do well and prove to everyone why he is a world Champ.
I will always admire Schumi for his accomplishments and the way he drives in the rain...

I make my home in Canada with my beautifull wife and hopefully we will soon have a young one which will start Karting at age 4 :p :lol:

#307 Rob G

Rob G

• 11,271 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 00:29

Originally posted by Stinger
Hi Gianni, I'm pretty new here myself, and it seems only the 'New Members' read this thread. :lol:

Not exactly. ;) Welcome aboard, everyone! :D :up:

Originally posted by Stinger
BTW: I just got 'Member' status. Does that gain me extra priviliges, status, esteem?

You can apply to the Paddock Club if you've got at least 30 posts. Other than that, it's pretty much what you say and how you say it. :)

#308 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 21,002 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 09:30

Welcome to the new ones.

:cool:

#309 jcastillo

jcastillo

• 17 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 23:32

Hi,

my name is Juan from Columbia, South America

I´m a huge fan of Carlos Reutemann and after many years sneaking around I decided to join to the board... i´m glad to share few ideas in the threads.

few posts and counting.... ;)

#310 jmcfall

jmcfall

• 11 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:30

:) Hello, my name is Jay McFall and I live in Bowling Green, VA , USA. I am 58yrs young, drive a '03Honda S2K and I love to drive her on the track.
I saw my first Gran Prix in the late '60s, at Wattkins Glen, where I saw Jimmy Clark and Gram Hill, Jack Braham and many other drivers; I went three times through '71.
I missed most of F1 in the 70s - 90s, (recovering from the 60s) :stoned: but I have been back for the last three years. So far, I am enjoying Atlas F1, still finding my way around.
I hope to engage as much as I can with you and sharing with you.

#311 mrrollingstone

mrrollingstone

• 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 03:47

:smoking: Hey Im MrRolliingStone. And Im 37.Been going to Grand Prix's since I was 1.And Im a Mad Ferrari Fan!! :smoking:

:wave:

#312 fiat124

fiat124

• 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 07:48

Hi, just joined AtlasF1 today after several years getting my info from F1 Racing Magazine. I am a 60 year old Aussie and of course a Mark Webber fan. I have only been into F1 for 5 years, but have followed motorsport of variious kinds afor 30+ years, and competed in motorsport (sprints) for 10+ years in a Fiat 124 Sport (Fiat twin cam engine and chassis slightly modified by me).

I am particularly interested in the technologies used in F1, also the technologies employed in F1 20+ years ago.

I look forward to getting into Forums as time goes by.

#313 kimi partridge

kimi partridge

• 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2005 - 18:38

hi, i'm 16, from MK (Milton Keynes) and a petrolhead, unfortunately, since Imola 94 (i don't remember the race itself, but i know it was my first)
I attended Brit GP and Race of Champions in 2K4, and plan the same again in 2K5

While i'm here, i would like to know who will be driving for jordan in 05, because with 7 weeks to go i don't have a clue!

I watch all and any motorsport - rally, bikes, tractor pulling, you name it
i will talk to anyone
i'm lonely
all my friends like american football

#314 FlyingFrancois

FlyingFrancois

• 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:40

:wave: Hello Im Francois Blasien. Im old .....45 today....god I feel old. :rotfl: Im a long time F1 fan been going to races sine the mid 1960's . I drive cars for a living. And i live in a place in Paris. I love this site. Keep up the good work. :smoking:

#315 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,892 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:24

Welcome to all of you - Im sure you will enjoy your time here! :up:

#316 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,020 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 20:38

Originally posted by mrrollingstone
:smoking: Hey Im MrRolliingStone. And Im 37.Been going to Grand Prix's since I was 1.And Im a Mad Ferrari Fan!! :smoking:

:wave:

:up:
That's pretty funny, so you remember the races when you were 1, but u were there, good record you got there, welcome aboard, the best f1 forums who'll ever see on the internet, the legend of mrrollingstone starts now.

Originally posted by gerry nassar
Welcome to all of you - Im sure you will enjoy your time here! :up:

Yep, have fun everyone, hope you new guns stick around, be good to have some consistent
posting performances by you lot, on the harder compound choice, less graining on your keyboard.

#317 rfus

rfus

• 648 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:39

hello all

Ive been lurking here for about a year and have finally decided to get a subscription to atlas, with that I thought I might aswell start posting. I am 22 , male, Australian and first remember f1 when one of my parents friends told me to go for mclaren and prost - probably around '88 or '89. Being impressionable at that age I am still am a mclaren fan and Kimi is my favourite driver, I am pretty happy with jpm's move to mclaren especially with the dan_11 'fly like the wind' type comments :cool: .

I live in Adelaide and went to the '94 and '95 races and recently have started making the trip to Melbourne each year for the gp they stole from us :mad:. I am looking foward to hearing the v10's again, sadly for the last time. Unfortunately because of travel and accomidation costs I've only got general admission tickets but it still should be fun.

#318 billm99uk

billm99uk

• 3,890 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 23:07

Hi everyone,

I've been an Atlas F1 subscriber for almost a year now and have finally decided to stop lurking and register here as well. Have been an F1 fan since god knows when - have vague memories of seeing Jackie Stewart in a Tyrell when I was a kid, but have only followed the sport religiously since the late eighties.

Thanks to a Sky digital subscription I've been getting other motorsports too for the last few years - champ cars, IRL, Aussie V8's, BTCC, ETCC and European junior formulae. Cannot watch NASCAR at all, though I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY'RE JUST A BUNCH OF REDNECKS! I'm sure they're all immensely talented drivers, but for some reason I always find stock cars going round in circles immensely soporific.

Will also 'fess up to being a closet Nigel Mansell fan (that's 'Nigel the driver', not 'Nigel the person'). Though I'm not one of those British fans who only follow British drivers. Guess I was just born a little too late to support Villeneuve (G)... :)

#319 Knightrider

Knightrider

• 63 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:22

Hello I am Johann 27 and working in motorsport in berlin.
i have been following the BB for some time so thought it was about time i joined :wave:

Advertisement

#320 Philgr

Philgr

• 5 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 16:27

Just signed up and thought i would say hello

Been following F1 for as long as i can remember and i dearly want a brit to be contending for wins again so im a bit of a button fan - although im not 100% sure if he is aggressive enough sometimes

My hopes for the season

* More of a level playing field with the new regs, hopfully not the red cars dominating again
* Button getting that first win under his belt
* Fisi finally delivering on all his promise
* Coultard sticking the RB1 on the podium

PG

#321 CaptPugwash

CaptPugwash

• 24 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 17:09

Hi All

I've been visiting the Atlas site for a little while since the Autosport tie in. I have posted a couple of times but hadn't got to view this thread till now so I thought I should introduce myself.

I'm a 41 year old English man living in Michigan, USA for the last 8 years. I have been following F1 since the 70's as a kid with a passion for making the 1/12th scale Tamyia of F1 cars that were availalable at the time. I haven't missed single GP live since the mid eighties and can still remember the dispointment of Mansell's tyre blowout in Austrailia having waited up till 4am to watch his attempt to claim the WDC.

I'm a fan of any real racer's, those that drive with passion & flair and fight to the end. Drivers from Alesi to Zinnardi (as a Champ Car driver). I also like drivers like Irvine and JV, those with character who were prepared to call a spade a spade and speak there minds. My favorite drivers would be Senna for his natural skills, Mansell for his determination and hard work, Herbert and Zinardi for there courage. I don't like MS at all because of his lack of sportsmanship (the incidents with Hill, then JV) and his need for his team mates to be forced to play second fiddle to him. He is undoubtedly a good driver but will never be great like Senna since he never had top class team mate (sorry RB) that has been allowed to race him as Senna did with Prost and JPM and Kimi will do this year. A true racer thinks he's the best and can beat anyone in equal machinery without the help of a contract and team orders.

Thats about it.

Hopefully this years we will have some great racing (for a change) and a WDC winner that has beaten the other drivers fair and square through great driving not because of an equipment advantage. A different winner for each of the first 6 races would be the ideal start.

#322 Cyruz

Cyruz

• 130 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:25

Hello All,

Well I have been looking and visiting this site as my assessment is depth and great discussion occurs in here though. I would say I had to join in it since I have become F1 fan over the years and to share my opinions together along others F1 mania.

I'm 28 year old Indonesian man living in Borneo island, my home island of course. Presumably none other my countrymen signs here except I am. :D But I really enjoy reading your opinions about F1 here which are adding my knowledge about overall F1 technical+non-technical aspect so far. Aside from football sport as a fan as well, everything about F1 side I clearly couldn't leave it behind.

I have always loved Scuderia Ferrari, by the time Schumacher joined the Pranching Horse was right decision to regain their hunger for victory of the last South African Jody Scheckter did it which they sucked over the years. And I admire young MS talent as I have seen fairly of what he had done at Benetton, as Senna was something special as well even I couldn't see much his action on track.

Regards.

#323 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,020 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 21:30

Originally posted by Cyruz
Hello All,

Well I have been looking and visiting this site as my assessment is depth and great discussion occurs in here though. I would say I had to join in it since I have become F1 fan over the years and to share my opinions together along others F1 mania.

I'm 28 year old Indonesian man living in Borneo island, my home island of course. Presumably none other my countrymen signs here except I am. :D But I really enjoy reading your opinions about F1 here which are adding my knowledge about overall F1 technical+non-technical aspect so far. Aside from football sport as a fan as well, everything about F1 side I clearly couldn't leave it behind.

I have always loved Scuderia Ferrari, by the time Schumacher joined the Pranching Horse was right decision to regain their hunger for victory of the last South African Jody Scheckter did it which they sucked over the years. And I admire young MS talent as I have seen fairly of what he had done at Benetton, as Senna was something special as well even I couldn't see much his action on track.

Regards.

Glad you like the threads here, I remember when I started out, I would just read and read, then I started posting, so don't go nowhere, get stuck in and enjoy, the perfection companion website alongside your f1 viewing. :up:

Originally posted by CaptPugwash
A different winner for each of the first 6 races would be the ideal start.

I don't think any f1 season has had a ideal start like that,, if those are your standards, ur hard to please.

Don't presume things from the start, 98 Albert Park-Mclaren domination, ferrari's off pace, yet Michael did some inspiring driving, and together with ferrari, they fought hard and tough, to make the championship less then a certainity, you never know with f1. It was a great season, that started off with domination, 19 races is a long time.

But welcome aboard.

#324 Sebastian

Sebastian

• 3 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 22:41

Hello all, :wave:

I'm a Canadian fan of the sport and just signed on to the forum. I.M.H.O., I believe that this place might be one of [if not the] best chat forums for motorsport that there is.

I'm thinking that it association with Autosport.com, will make this place the best place of motorsport information that you can possibly find.

Looking forward to chatting with you at a future time. :up:

Cheers,

Sebastian

#325 Cyruz

Cyruz

• 130 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 01:02

Many thanks, SeanValen. It's really nice to be here. ;) :up:

#326 trinity

trinity

• 213 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:47

Salut from Montreal!

I've been visiting the Atlas forums for a while and I finally decided to take the plunge and join in.

I'm an unapologetic Jacques fan (who started out as a Gilles fan :cry: ), and as we say in french, I 'eat' racing (la course, j'en mange!).

I go karting regularly, and try to attend as many racing events (F1, Champcar, Tremblant races, etc) in the area as I can.

I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable fan, but I'm always looking to learn new things - and the forums always provide that opportunity. I'm looking forward to having the chance to put in my two cents worth from time to time.

Salut for now!

#327 Loud&Dangerous!

Loud&Dangerous!

• 50 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 17:11

:wave: I'm new *Why would I be here if I wasn't ;)* I've read this site since 2003 on a few occasions and decided to join since I was bored cos the other sport sites I post at are either not working or I'm not allowed to post *Long story :rolleyes:*

I am a really big fan of 1990's F1 and would really enjoy discussing and talking about it since I'd like to know more about 1990-95 *I know everything about the other years of the 90's but wouldn't mind talking about them either :cool:*

I'm not a big fan of F1 now although I do know what's going on :p

:)

#328 RedBullMayham

RedBullMayham

• 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:14

:wave: Hi my name is Will Marasev ans I hail from London,England. Im 45 this year, born 3rd December 1960. Im a Lawyer. And Ive been going to Grand Prix's sine I was 5 yrs old. Im an avid Williams,Mclaren and the new Red Bull team fan. And a mad David Coulthard fan. Yeah I know Im crazy but,I guess someone has to be. I live with my son Daniel and Fiancee Marianne.

#329 Cyruz

Cyruz

• 130 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:08

Hello fellas. Looks we are at the same *spot*. :D :wave: Nice to know you there. :)

#330 maxquijano

maxquijano

• 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 15:31

Hi, I'm new in this forum, I am in Canada, more excatly Toronto, where probably we will have a race on the calendar in the near future. my favorite driver is Montoya, and my favorite NON favorite is Mr Michael S. Oh well... ourt of the 20 people I know that follow F1, only 1 likes Schumie.......

#331 trow

trow

• 130 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 03:23

Hello, new here at Atlas, lurked for a while. Great site with many race fans. I enjoy F1, but am a bigger IndyCar fan as that's what I grew up with. I go to the Mickey Grand Prix every year at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, and really enjoy the festivities - the race on the other hand, it's ok as long as shumi doesn't let rubens by on the last turn....lol. It's alot better now that it's in June as opposed to September. The weather in Indy is alot like the weather in East Anglia, UK - hit or miss in September, either rainy and cold or sunny, you just never know.

I look forward to posting here for a while. Hope to learn alot, as I know there's plenty of fans here more knowledgable than moi! maybe when some of you come to Indy we can hook up at the Speedway!!!!! :cool:

#332 B.A.R_Boy

B.A.R_Boy

• 191 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:46

Hello all...I am new here after a few months reading only

Cya around in threads :smoking: :smoking:

#333 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 7,401 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:45

Originally posted by B.A.R_Boy
Hello all...I am new here after a few months reading only

Cya around in threads :smoking: :smoking:

What about some info. Are you fan of any particular team?

#334 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:51

Originally posted by jcbc3

What about some info. Are you fan of any particular team?

Must be a Kimi, McLaren supporter with a name like that ;)

#335 mimin

mimin

• 1,307 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:10

Originally posted by Cyruz
Hello All,
I'm 28 year old Indonesian man living in Borneo island, my home island of course. Presumably none other my countrymen signs here except I am. :D

Selamat datang. :)

No you are not the only one. I am not sure how many people, but I konw some. :wave:

#336 Cyruz

Cyruz

• 130 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 04:14

Hello mimin. Nice to see you in here too. I wish we can keep contacting each other. :) :wave:

#337 maeq

maeq

• 23 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:08

Hi,
after a long long time of olny reading I also decided to write something about me.

I'm 21, living in the Czech republic, studying informatics. Watching F1 since long time ago, but first GP which I saw (at least in TV) was Suzuka 98 and Mika's great win. What a fabulous race it was...

My favourite drivers are Jacques Villeneuve for his addiction to this sport and telling what he thinks (the same reason as for Eddie Irvine - F1 is just too boring without him :) , Mika Hakkinen and Jean Alesi.

Teams I like are BAR and Minardi :)

Any additional info on request :)

Have a nice day!

#338 Naushad78

Naushad78

• 593 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 08:58

Here goes!

26yr old Formula1 fan from Mumbai, India. Been following F1, or whatever little I could, as a kid through the newspapers and the only race that our National Channel would show i.e., the Monaco GP. Used to like Senna and don't know why.

Once StarSports came to India and started covering the F1 season since 93, can't say that I've missed many races. Senna's death was tragic but that faded quickly when JVill appeared on the scene and have been a fan ever since. Have grown to like a few other drivers too but that's becoming increasingly difficult in today's climate where the drivers personality is hidden behind the corporate/PR curtain.

Am a member of the forums.delphiforums/formula1 board as well and even though membership there is dwindling, it's still an incredible place to discuss the sport.

Well, that's about it.

P.S: One thing, whenever anyone replies in the thread ATLAS provides us with an option to be notified by email. That is when ANYONE posts in the thread where you've posted. But what if someone replies specifically to a post that you might have made - are there any specific notifications for that?

KURTSPERRY, yoohoo, are ya around here buddy?:)

#339 Anna-Poletaeva

Anna-Poletaeva

• 45 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 00:57

HELLO!
My name is Anna Poletaeva, I am from Russia and now live in London.
I am 24 years old and i have finishe University now :clap:
I love Formula 1 :love:
I have followed The BB for a few days but now decided to join.

SO HELLO EVERY ONE

Advertisement

#340 Supercar

Supercar

• 285 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:07

Privet, Anna! :love: :rotfl:

#341 Supercar

Supercar

• 285 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:53

Hey! Greetings to all!

I am so glad I found this forum. Sometimes it pays off BIG to browse the internet late at night. I could not believe it when I found a gang of race engineers chatting about their stuff on the Technical sub-forum! I had to join.

I am an automotive engineer and a part-time race engineer as of recently. I work for a big car company, own my own car business, and do trackside race engineering and consulting for road racing teams. I would love to be doing more of the latter but a race engineer is a relatively rare profession here in the USA, especially in road racing, so until I can make a living doing this I get to work on whatever I can find. (hint, hint... racing job offers are welcome!) :D

My main interests are vehicle dynamics, chassis design, data acquisition, simulation and driver performance. I have done a bit of everything. My latest task is to help my LMP team in the American and French Le Mans. The pressure is all on me! I also have a soft spot for GT cars, so I help GT and Touring teams whenever I can.

I am 31, originally from Moscow, Russia. I have been living in Michigan for the last 9 years. Still looking for an automotive hot spot that is right for me!

Philip

#342 Elena

Elena

• 12 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:09

My name is Elena from Russia, and not quite old enough to know better.

#343 Petra Svobadova

Petra Svobadova

• 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 19:16

Originally posted by maeq
living in the Czech republic,

Me too :wave:

#344 Rick711

Rick711

• 23 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:08

Just wanted to say "HI!" to everyone. It's nice to find a reasonablly civilized forum - I hung out at Planet F1 for awhile...

I guess that the thing you want to know is my biases. Respect but don't love MS. Want JPM to do well. Think that Renault will be WCC this year. Hope NH and JB will get wins. Think that the jury is still out for MW, although there are good signs, but not sure (but really hope) that JV isn't past his sell-by date. Usually a Williams fan. Think Ferrari's problems this year are the effect of developing the new Bridgestones (for the F2005) on the old Ferrari F2004M, or maybe just Bridgestone. Fear the Red Mist!

On the recent news, GF - MW was GFs fault. MW was clearly past, so GF - with bad tires that have cost him 2 sec a lap to MW - tries to retake the place on the dirty inside? And I don't think that MW chould have magically done anything to keep GF from running into him - when MW got to the braking decision point, GF was safely behind.
MS influenced the NH crash, but didn't do anything that isn't done several times each weekend - or anything to appologize for. NH came from a long way back. Racing accident. No harm, no foul.

I'm a racing fan - as long as it has a motor, I'll watch it race - except for lawnmowers. I must have some standards, after all! (Maybe not - I even watched the Tour de France). I started watching (or hearing about) F1 in the 50s - I was mad that Hill didn't get to run Watkins Glen the year he won the title. Loved Mario and Rosberg and Gilles, respected Prost and Senna. Went to several GPs - Monaco, Long Beach, Spa, Hockenheim, new Nurburg , Dijon, Austeria (Osterrieichring), and a ridiculuous exhibition in the Caesar's parking lot in Vegas... and NHRA Winternationals drag racing, IRL, CART, even the demon NASCAR. I raced FVs and, of all things, Porsche 914s. Ten races, 1 win, 6 seconds, 1 DNF. Never hurt the car, so I guess that I tried to emulate Prost. Drove one of the early Richard Petty rides (when they were 2 year old, slightly detuned WC cars) at Charlotte - what a kick! Tried to drive the Old Nurburgring in a Porsche 928S, but the track was rented the day I got there.

Think that the current rules lead to poor racing and ineffective enforcement. The cars can be slowed down without LeMans specifications. Max likes politics, not racing - just look at the rules. When is a groved tire illegal, for example? Sorry, I rarely rant, but just thinking about Max...

Gotta go on a short trip Tuesday, but I'll be back for Bahrain!

#345 C.K.

C.K.

• 265 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 03:59

Hi all

Sorry but i am a bit late. I joind the BB in Febuary this year.

My name is Cleon Kennedy and i live in Werribee Australia which is about 20min drive, south west from Melbourne where i was born and bread.

I am only 23 years old and have been following the since 1997 when i watched my first race on TV. I have been lucky enough to go to Albert Park in 2002, 2003 and 2005. and wish one day to be able to get to some races overseas.

Although I follow Mclaren and Kimi (my mum was bourne in Finland) i want to see good racing more than anything.

Anyway thats a brief run down of who i am and who i follow.

Thanks

#346 skinnylizard

skinnylizard

• 9,641 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 05:07

hey Rick, who the f*** you calling civilzed????

:p welcome aboard.

#347 rfus

rfus

• 648 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 12:35

Hey rick guessing on your post in the main forum when i meet you I should have some courtesy
, some sympathy, and some taste. Or I could be way off :lol:

#348 misslollipop

misslollipop

• 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 19:39

Hi :wave: I always find the introduction the most embarrassing bit for some reason!

I'm a relatively new F1 fan, since one of the european races in 2003, I finally admitted defeat to my dad, and realised I did actually enjoy racing. One of my earliest memories is walking through town with my dad sniping about Michael Schumacher :p

Um, I live in England, and I've supported Ralf Schumacher since the beginning, and to a lesser extent I support Kimi.

Anyways! Nice to be here :up:

#349 wildmind

wildmind

• 328 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:34

Hello!

I'm a recent migrant from Autosport but used to read Atlas in the pre-subscription days (cheapskate I know)

Following the merger I am really looking forward to all the stuff that Atlas can bring to Autosport and also looking forward to being able to discuss things on these forums :cool:

Been a motorsports fan since I can remember.... F1 since the mid-late 80s.

I also love BTCC, E/WTCC, WRC and DTM and enjoy MotoGP. I like to follow F3 and F3000/GP2 to keep my eyes out for the "next big thing" - it's also cheap and quite entertaining ;)

In F1 I idolise Senna, love Williams and McLaren, respect MS in some ways but not in others (But when watching him I just KNOW I'll be telling my kids stories of when I saw him race), used to like Jordan and Jaguar and BAR but lost interest following the buyouts/sackings etc...

Bernie and Max have done a lot of good for the sport but also a lot of harm IMO and Paul Stoddart is really beginning to get on my nerves now.

I like the look of A1 GP - think the racing could be good so long as the drivers are reasonable (at least SA are likely to use Alan van der Merve - good driver!)

I think that's me... oh and my missus is a petrolhead as well :D

#350 juanan

juanan

• 86 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 14:54

Hello.

I usually read this forum, i've done it for 1 year or so and i've decided create an account to give my opinion in some interesting topics.

I'm from Spain and I like spanish drivers, but apart from this I don't have preferences, only like to see competitive and funny races.

See you.