Photo

Guess the podium: Imola results

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Schummy

Schummy

• 1,027 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 05:33

Ahh… at last a "normal" GP!;) The proper Mike's win, the proper lack of overtakings, the good ol' days are here again :p

Seriously now, appart from 1st position, the race was worthy to watch because the fight for 2-3-4 positions, or at least, what is considered "fight" in F1 terms :) However, I missed some spice in the show, like some Verstappen stunt , a Williams messed pitstop or somebody stopping without fuel .

Reviewing this week's guesses (something I find interesting to track what people thinks about drivers), we saw again MS in command with 31 out of 35 guessers (89%), then Rubinho 22 (63%). It seems we recognize KR as a proper WDC contender , because he is 3rd with 19 edging slightly Coulthard (15). Frank's boys and gals (no, I'm joking , I meant Frank's boys :cat: ) were not worthy of a lot of confidence, although they are clearly seen as belonging to the top club : Monty 10 () and a slighty recovered (in people's favour) Ralf with 5 ().

Those 6 drivers from the 3 top teams (they are there forever, are not they ;) ) are ligth years ahead the rest . Only "residual" singular votes go to Alonso, Jacques and Button (well, from JensonFan ;) ), and Alonso's was from MAX :lol: Notwhitstanding the rare events of the three first GPs, nobody seems to think the power has changed hands in F1. (And I suppose I'm the first in this: my guess was MS-RB-JPM, it is not possible a more coward guess :) )

As we can see, we have come to the usual great scores for the winners of the round: Jimmino, DeathMasteR, JensonFan (welcome back!), Nasty McBastard, rich42, dynamite7 and TT6 got 5 points out of a maximum of 6

I want to welcome back to scheivlak :up:, and he has a great nick (very nice corner from Zandvoort). Sadly we have to regret our previous leader kismet missing this round. It will be a big handicap to overcome, but… who knows.

Name:		  Pt

-----------------

Jimmino		 5

DeathMasteR	 5

JensonFan	   5

Nasty		   5

rich42		  5

dynamite7	   5

TT6			 5

garth_b		 4

Sammyed		 4

Viss1		   4

fisichella_2001 4

Double		  4

dbltop		  4

Estwald		 4

jun			 4

Pioneer		 4

SeanValen	   4

gerry		   4

KWSN			4

sek			 4

Makarias		4

Schuting		4

scheivlak	   4

Schummy		 4

BERNIE		  4

Ric			 3

WillieF1		3

weasle		  3

Zawed		   3

shays		   3

LB			  3

d_view7		 3

MAX			 2

lukywill		2

CaptnMark	   2

-----------------

In the "total" classification, we are beginning to get some profile . TT6 is our new leader :clap: (and will be crowned as deserves by Ecclestone in the next GP in Montmeló…) with 11 points in 3 rounds, averaging 3.67 per round . A great score, having in consideration all the difficult GPs we have had! Second appears a classic gamer here: DeathMasteR , 10 points, he shows that he knows everything about this game and how to put a guess. And what we can say about the bronze position, fisichella_2001 (9 points)? He is in the same level as DeAtHmAsTeR :p , even getting two perfect scores last year!

There is a bunch of people with 8 and 7 points prepared to leap at the minimal failure of the top three. The game is yet open, will win it the "Prost guessers" :confused: or the "Gilles Villeneuve players" :drunk: ? If one makes a "strange" guess and lose, he/she can be surpassed by many other people. If one get too conservative, certain people can do a great hit and win a susprising guess, leaping over many others. The only certain thing is … I will not rest up there for long time!;)

Name:		   M B S  T

------------------------

TT6			 4 2 5 11

DeathMasteR	 3 2 5 10

fisichella_2001 3 2 4  9

LB			  3 2 3  8

RicBol		  3 2 3  8

garth_b		 3 1 4  8

Pioneer		 3 1 4  8

Schummy		 2 2 4  8

sek			 2 2 4  8

rich42		  3 0 5  8

dynamite7	   2 1 5  8

Jimino		  2 1 5  8

NastyMcBastard  2 1 5  8

jun			 3 0 4  7

Viss1		   3 0 4  7

SchutingStar	2 1 4  7

kismet		  4 2 *  6

Shays		   2 1 3  6

Estwald		 2 0 4  6

Makarias		2 0 4  6

SeanValen	   2 0 4  6

gerrynassar	 1 1 4  6

Sammyed		 1 1 4  6

MAX			 1 2 2  5

Zawed		   2 0 3  5

BERNIE		  1 0 4  5

dbltop		  1 0 4  5

KWSNDSM		 1 0 4  5

JensonFan	   * * 5  5

WillieF1		1 * 3  4

Double		  * * 4  4

scheivlak	   * * 4  4

AD			  3 * *  3

Ghostrider	  3 0 *  3

jangkrik		3 * *  3

titrisol		3 * *  3

Bjorn		   2 1 *  3

JForce		  1 2 *  3

CaptnMark	   1 0 2  3

d_view7		 * * 3  3

weasle		  * * 3  3

Apex			* 2 *  2

QdfV			2 0 *  2

wioyet		  0 2 *  2

lukywill		0 0 2  2

Tumppi@BXL	  * 1 *  1

axterix		 1 0 *  1

PAULF1		  1 * *  1

thegreatone	 1 * *  1

nichotj		 0 1 *  1

joachimvanwing  * 0 *  0

OnlyMassa	   * 0 *  0

philhitchings   * 0 *  0

TheRedBaron	 * 0 *  0

boost		   0 * *  0

HiTest		  0 * *  0

------------------------

We will meet in Spain. Montmelo is usually previsible and there are not a lot of probabilities of wet weather there in May, so… someone thinking about a two Ferrari and Kimi guess?;)

Thanks to share this game here, and good luck in these two weeks! :wave:

Advertisement

#2 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 12:14

I missed this round, can't believe it. :(

#3 TT6

TT6

• 3,571 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 13:18

:clap:

#4 Schummy

Schummy

• 1,027 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 13:57

Ghosty, oh, no! :( With a zero and a miss, the season is going to be an stepped uphil =:-o

I hope you go on playing here, you are one of our classics! Last year was great, only slipping back when you did a (smart) bet on Williams-BMW power in Monza... it didn't work :| :) At the end you were one of the few who outperformed MAX&BERNIE :)

(Lol, this looks an obituary :up: )

#5 Ric Bol

Ric Bol

• 1,115 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 14:21

Go Ric Go!!!!!!! :clap:

#6 Sammyed

Sammyed

• 2,380 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 16:07

I left the basement, finally. :)

#7 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 17:53

Originally posted by Schummy
Ghosty, oh, no! :( With a zero and a miss, the season is going to be an stepped uphil =:-o

I hope you go on playing here, you are one of our classics! Last year was great, only slipping back when you did a (smart) bet on Williams-BMW power in Monza... it didn't work :| :) At the end you were one of the few who outperformed MAX&BERNIE :)

(Lol, this looks an obituary :up: )

Give Ghostrider say 2 points for free, be generous, I will give you anything you want, money, islands etc. Rules are meant to be broken, then new rules come in. :smoking:
:up:

#8 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 18:02

Originally posted by SeanValen
Give Ghostrider say 2 points for free, be generous, I will give you anything you want, money, islands etc. Rules are meant to be broken, then new rules come in. :smoking:
:up:

:)

Thanx for support fellow competitor! :up:

But I will bounce back anyway in Barcelona. I have done a lot of testing there. :smoking:

#9 Estwald

Estwald

• 4,442 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 18:35

A better guess for me this week. Finally! :D

Looks like I picked the wrong McLaren to be on the podium :

Thanks Schummy :clap:

#10 kismet

kismet

• 7,376 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 21:30

Schummy,

Begging for some mercy here: I know I missed this round but it really was a force majeure situation (i.e. I didn't have access to a working computer while the competition was up and running). However, I did post on Guess the Result thread - can't you just take my top three (MS, KR, DC - if I remember correctly) from there? Just this once. Please please please...

#11 Jimmino

Jimmino

• 1,592 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 06:10

Grat result for me :p Thanks! :up:

#12 Schummy

Schummy

• 1,027 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 00:02

I have had a Deep Thought ;) about the "missing rounds" issue and after consults to FIA :eek: , I have taken a decision:

With effect retroactive from the first "official" round until the end of the season, each round those who miss that round will get a score determined as follows:

Article 1: :rolleyes:
"Third better score for that round minus three. The resulting score MUST be always between 0 and 2 points, adjusting it as needed"

For example, in this season, scores for missing rounds are:

Malaysia: third best score=3, miss-score=0
Brazil: third best score=2, miss-score=0
San Marino: third best score=5, miss-score=2

The rationale of it is reward "misses" depending on the difficulty of the round. I have done calculations about last year's results and it works well. Missing rounds are scored less than almost every one who made a guess (except some rare cases of disasters ;) ), and on the other side, missing rounds are not penalized as harshly as always zero.

Article 2: :cat:
"In order to eliminate unneeded calculations, I only will add miss-scores to players who guessed more than half of number of rounds so far (it's to say, with three rounds, those who guessed two times)"

Applying it, there are 8 players with added points:

kismet 6 + 2 = 8
Ghostrider 3 + 2 = 5
Bjorn 3 + 2 = 5
JForce 3 + 2 = 5
Qdfv 2 + 2 = 4
wiofet 2 + 2 = 4
asterix 1 + 2 = 3
nichotj 1 + 2 = 3

As can be seen, only kismet is really "there" with a good scoring :) The rest of them have had troubles in the first two rounds and are distanced by now, but I hope a quick response (are you listening me, Ghostrider and Bjorn?;) )

Article 3:
"In case of a tie in the final classification, the first rule to untying is the player with less miss-scores is above the player with more miss-score."

I hope this procedure can serve well to the develop of the game. Bear in mind that our little game is just for fun, although I try it to be fair and fun to everybody :)

Good week for everybody :wave:

#13 kismet

kismet

• 7,376 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 08:09

OK, that's better than nothing, I suppose. :|

Nevertheless, I reserve the right to bitch and moan like no tomorrow if I end up losing positions in the final standings because I missed the 3 extra points that I would've scored from Imola, had you accepted my top 3 from the GTR thread. :evil: I also reserve the right to consider myself a moral co-leader of this competition after round 4. :cool:

#14 QdfV

QdfV

• 3,381 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 19:12

I am in favour! (since it equals my highscore so far ;) )

#15 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 19:51

Thanx Schummy! :up:

I will have a strong next round, I can feel it. :cool:

#16 Schuting Star

Schuting Star

• 5,139 posts

Posted 23 April 2003 - 21:58

I'm not in favour. If you don't play you don't score, it's simple. The rules are the same for the other games. I don't really think it acceptable that someone that doesn't play can feasibly (even with those carefully thought out rules) beat someone that bothered to. Having said that, it would help if the game was up a little earlier ;) .

Thanks again for the game Schummy, at least I'm above Max and Bernie for a change! :D