The Australian constructors

• Please log in to reply
953 replies to this topic

#101 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 20:58

Originally posted by Terry Walker
I really ought to have included an Index on the CD-ROM but given no page numbers, how??

Tezza (sorry...New Years over-exuberance)

It should be fairly easy to have a chapter listing and modest index using hot-links/SGML... :up:

Advertisement

#102 cavvy

cavvy

• 171 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:30

Originally posted by Terry Walker
Hi, Cavvo. There's a picture of the unfinished Fielding under "Bob Creasey" in the Around the Houses CD ROM.

And yes, Murray Charnley's Lotus 23B is the ex-Fielding car.

I really ought to have included an Index on the CD-ROM but given no page numbers, how??

No need for an index Terry, just another reason to page through your excellent work (I bought the CD ROM as the book is coming apart from over use over the years, & Creasy page served to jolt the memory- thanks !! :up:

#103 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:39

They usually came apart from lack of use over the years too...

Usually in the first year.

#104 The Chasm

The Chasm

• 184 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:24

Speaking of Australian Constructors - at Round 1 of the 1981 European Championship for F2 Drivers at Silverstone on 29th March, there was an entry (that did not arrive) for:-

Car #43 - Entrant:- Cheetah Cars - Car:- Cheetah-BMW

Was this one of the Brian Shead Cheetahs ?, who was going to drive it ?, and where is it now?.

#105 fausto

fausto

• 528 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:48

It'd could have been the Swiss Cheetah, that usually built sportscars (2 Liters Gp.6 and, later, Group C).

#106 xbgs351

xbgs351

• 129 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:57

Originally posted by dmj
In the road cars area, I never understood why Bolwell didn't make it. Nagari looked great and apparently it had pace to match the looks. Probably another victim of fuel crisis/more strict safety laws of early Seventies...

Posted Image

Bolwell may not have made it in the road car area, but they did make it in the fibreglass area, especially in the trucking industry.

Bolwell is planning on re-introducing the Nagari in a modern form.
http://www.bolwellcarcompany.com/

#107 Vicuna

Vicuna

• 1,606 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 07:10

I've just skimmed this thread but saw no mention of the Minos and the Alton

#108 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:38

The Alton was a one-off, surely?

#109 xbgs351

xbgs351

• 129 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:04

The holden 6 powered AR2?

#110 Warren Matthews

Warren Matthews

• 58 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 00:59

Another car which became Australian construction was the Macon. Craig MacAllister brought one back from UK and later Tony Hougton migrated here and built at least two more.
The ex MacAllister car was with Bob Biltoft for some time and I drove it at Historic Meeting at Narrogin in 1990/1. It now has been restored and competes in Historic at Wanneroo and etc.
This is link frohttp://www.race-cars...ility/macon.htm m Tony's son

Jack Ayres built two sports cars. One was raced as the Repco Special and was later bought by Loinel Beattie. The other was a road version of same car. Very pretty and followed Ferrari 60s style.

#111 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,375 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 11:40

Cheetah car histories have now been published on OldRacingCars.com. Owner and enthusiast Tony Slattery has done a fantastic job getting this far. Let's see how much further we can take it.

Cheetah Racing Cars

Allen

#112 xbgs351

xbgs351

• 129 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:26

Being the relatively tender age of 32 I can't remember what happened in Australian motorsport in the early 80's, but from reading race magazines from the time I have gathered that some of the decisions that CAMS made may have lead to the demise or atleast accelerated the demise of many Australian race car manufacturers.
In the early 80's, Australian Formula Two was dominated by Australian manufacturers. These included, Cheetah, Richards, Elfin (Don't know if Hardman, Arbyen, Avanti, PBS, Argus, Wren, Birrana were Australian, but I suspect some of them were).

It appears to me that Formula Atlantic was introduced into Australia very quickly, so that the Australian manufacturers had little time to design and construct a car suitable for the series. The only Australian manufacturer that I am aware to have campaigned in Formula Atlantic was the Cheetah Mk8 which seems to support my understanding of events of the time.

#113 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 11:30

Having followed proceedings pretty closely from the other side of the Tasman Sea as they were happening, I wouldn't have said Atlantic was introduced quickly. There was a lengthy campaign for Australia to join NZ in running F/Pacific (same thing as Atlantic), and strong opposition. Bob Jane ran a few races from about 1979 - notably the AGP
Elfin and Birrana both ran in FP, though most of them were upgraded ANF2 cars. On the other hand ISTR the Galloway was purpose-built, though I might be wrong about that

#114 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:38

Yes, the Galloway was... with some funding from David McKay (or arranged by him)...

The 'Arbyen' was a March which had been introduced to the country in some shady manner and belonged to Russell B Norden (RBN)... renamed as he had done with his WDC1 before that. Hardman, Wren, Avanti, Argus and Birrana were Australian, of course, I don't recall the PBS.

#115 The Chasm

The Chasm

• 184 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:01

aHHH the PBS Nissan - F2 car circa 1985 - driven and built by one Peter Beehag, who now happily resides on the Gold Coast and is kept busy building chassis shells for V8 Supercars.

It has been suggested that the car hidden under the tarp in the corner of his workshop is THE "PBS".

"Peter Beehag Supadooper" ?

What about the Crabtree-BMW ? - from 1984

Or the Liston, Magnum & Wren from 1985, as well as the Kaditcha F2!.

#116 The Chasm

The Chasm

• 184 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:06

And another - 1981, Frank Tyler in a Thane Ford F2.

Any idea what this car was or where it is today ?

Has anyone mentioned the CRD Ford from 1979/80 of Ian Carrig ?

#117 xbgs351

xbgs351

• 129 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 10:30

So what lead to the demise of all of these recently mentioned manufacturers?

#118 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 11:50

Most of them didn't get off the ground...

Liston and Fisher built just two or three cars and repaired a whole stack of Ralts. I don't know what happened to them after that, but that's the story of the Liston. Jim Hardman possibly had dreams of going further, and his car was a pure delight to the eye, but he undoubtedly receded to be doing day to day fabricating jobs for existing cars.

The Avanti... wasn't that John Wright? Again, a one-off. Peter Beehag built a couple of cars, but only for himself I think. Kaditcha was Barry Lock, he built many cars over the years, most of them were sports cars and two or three of these won Australian titles. No idea what he's doing now.

Birrana went into mothballs when Tony Alcock headed for England, more so when he began working for Graham Hill and almost died with him in that plane crash in 1975. The other partner in the business, Malcolm Ramsay, resurrected the name to go FHolden racing a few years ago.

Galloway... Harry kept on with other jobs. Again, mostly repairing or fabricating for existing cars. Was Argus yet another Canberra creation? Can't remember the guy's name right now, but he continues spannering for Chris Clearihan and others.

#119 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:30

Originally posted by Ray Bell
Most of them didn't get off the ground...

Was Argus yet another Canberra creation? Can't remember the guy's name right now, but he continues spannering for Chris Clearihan and others.

Tuft ??? :rotfl: I'll ask a Clearihan next time I see one :up:

Advertisement

#120 cosworth bdg

cosworth bdg

• 1,350 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:03

Originally posted by Vicuna
I've just skimmed this thread but saw no mention of the Minos and the Alton

The Minos was a one of built by Bob Muir and his crew in the UK for Euro F2 but was a failure from the start, hence turning to Chevron for Chassis's..................

#121 SR781

SR781

• 87 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:08

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ray Bell
[B]Most of them didn't get off the ground...

Kaditcha was Barry Lock, he built many cars over the years, most of them were sports cars and two or three of these won Australian titles. No idea what he's doing now.

Barry is in England at the present time and has been helping to restore the SR781 and Bap Romano's car when in Australia. I believe there were only four sports cars built the SR781, Chris Clearahan's first car ( the white one ),Steve Webb's car and Bap's car, the last three being V8 powered.

#122 BT 35-8

BT 35-8

• 228 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:17

Ray,

Tragically Tony Alcock was a victim in the Graham Hill aircraft accident as was Tony Brise.

Magnum was not designed or built in Australia , these cars came from the U.K.

Bryan.

#123 cosworth bdg

cosworth bdg

• 1,350 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:20

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Newby
[B]Wow! Your expecting a 1000 word response from Ray aren't you :lol: :lol:

Working maily from memory here, and I've got to say right off I don't know anything about Jabiru.

As for the others I would think that only Ian Richards built a car for himself and his 201 model won the 1983 F2 C'ship so it was a professional effort.

K & A (Harry Aust and Dale Koennecke) from SA were responsible for the awesome Veskanda that John Bowe used to win the 1986 Aust Sportcars C'ship and set outright lap records which stood for years. K & A also worked fairly closely with Elfin and built Tony Edmondson's Alfetta GT sports sedan amongst others.

Birrana was another SA firm owned by Malcolm Ramsay which made top quality monocoque F2 and F3 cars designed by Tony Alcock (who was later killed in Graham Hill's plane crash.) Those cars wre too expensive to make and F2 was then a series in decline.

Cheetahs were made by Brian Stead and enjoyed plenty of success in the VW Golf F2 era.

I don't think that Elfin or Matich need much discussion this in this forum, many of their cars were world class, though I don't know why Matich stopped making cars. Ask Ray.

The TAFE/Shrike was an interesting SA project making aluminium Formula Brabham / Holden cars (although I don't know how many. Competitive with the similar Ralts but not the latter carbon fibre Reynards.

I can't recall who the guy is who makes the Spectrums, but their 06 won a Aust Formula Ford C'ship with Adam Macrow (whatever happened to him?) in 1998. I think they're still making bespoke F Fords, although that may change if F Ford becomes a one make series like everything else.

I think that is the point - single seater categories in Aust are no more than nursery categories for our touring car / production car series that predominate. To my knowledge no one here has ever designed a carbon fibre car, and why would you when year old F3 (and in the past F3000) cars are cheap and come with comprehensive spares packages. Only F Ford is non carbon fibre and its possible to build a car here, but then Van Diemen go to the bother of producing a car just for us which makes it hard for Spectrum ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................. A lot of dreamers in this list unfortuneatly but on the other hand some very talented people involved in this list............

#124 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:51

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cosworth bdg
[B]Wow! Your expecting a 1000 word response from Ray aren't you :lol: :lol:

Working maily from memory here, and I've got to say right off I don't know anything about Jabiru.

As for the others I would think that only Ian Richards built a car for himself and his 201 model won the 1983 F2 C'ship so it was a professional effort.

K & A (Harry Aust and Dale Koennecke) from SA were responsible for the awesome Veskanda that John Bowe used to win the 1986 Aust Sportcars C'ship and set outright lap records which stood for years. K & A also worked fairly closely with Elfin and built Tony Edmondson's Alfetta GT sports sedan amongst others.

Birrana was another SA firm owned by Malcolm Ramsay which made top quality monocoque F2 and F3 cars designed by Tony Alcock (who was later killed in Graham Hill's plane crash.) Those cars wre too expensive to make and F2 was then a series in decline.

Cheetahs were made by Brian Stead and enjoyed plenty of success in the VW Golf F2 era.

I don't think that Elfin or Matich need much discussion this in this forum, many of their cars were world class, though I don't know why Matich stopped making cars. Ask Ray.

The TAFE/Shrike was an interesting SA project making aluminium Formula Brabham / Holden cars (although I don't know how many. Competitive with the similar Ralts but not the latter carbon fibre Reynards.

I can't recall who the guy is who makes the Spectrums, but their 06 won a Aust Formula Ford C'ship with Adam Macrow (whatever happened to him?) in 1998. I think they're still making bespoke F Fords, although that may change if F Ford becomes a one make series like everything else.

I think that is the point - single seater categories in Aust are no more than nursery categories for our touring car / production car series that predominate. To my knowledge no one here has ever designed a carbon fibre car, and why would you when year old F3 (and in the past F3000) cars are cheap and come with comprehensive spares packages. Only F Ford is non carbon fibre and its possible to build a car here, but then Van Diemen go to the bother of producing a car just for us which makes it hard for Spectrum ............................................................... A lot of dreamers in this list unfortuneatly but on the other hand some very talented people involved in this list............
[/QUOTE]

Did that so I could read it...

#125 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:11

Spectrums are made by a nephew of Brian Shead (Cheetah), as I recall...

The Jabiru... wasn't it the Tom Brickley/Brian Morrow thing? Originally with a VW engine or something silly? Or have I got that wrong?

And yes, Bryan, I knew Tony Alcock and I thought I mentioned about his death already? Yes, I did.

Wren were originally the plaything of Bill Reynolds, whose history goes back pre-war as I recall.

#126 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:22

Originally posted by 275 GTB-4
Tuft ??? :rotfl: I'll ask a Clearihan next time I see one

Don't worry Chris... it was Alan Henry...

#127 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:49

Don't worry Chris... it was Alan Henry...

Ohhhhh??? not according to Chris.....it was Greg "Gringo" Gardener :)

#128 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 07:52

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SR781
[B]Most of them didn't get off the ground...

Kaditcha was Barry Lock, he built many cars over the years, most of them were sports cars and two or three of these won Australian titles. No idea what he's doing now.

Barry is in England at the present time and has been helping to restore the SR781 and Bap Romano's car when in Australia. I believe there were only four sports cars built the SR781, Chris Clearahan's first car ( the white one ),Steve Webb's car and Bap's car, the last three being V8 powered.
[/QUOTE]

Chris says the first time in that car he was fairly young and overawed by the sheer power of it...laid black strips everywhere.....took him a while to get used to it.

#129 cosworth bdg

cosworth bdg

• 1,350 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:17

Did that so I could read it...

Ray, sorry about that..............................

#130 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:21

Originally posted by 275 GTB-4
Ohhhhh??? not according to Chris.....it was Greg "Gringo" Gardener

Gringo had a Bulant... he never built cars...

Henry built the Argus cars, he probably named them as well. Though Jeoff Turner might have had a word in that. Gordon Hardy had one, you probably know him.

#131 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:23

Originally posted by cosworth bdg
Ray, sorry about that..............................

I think you leaned on a key there Peter, all you have to do is avoid having long lines of dots.

#132 cosworth bdg

cosworth bdg

• 1,350 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:50

I think you leaned on a key there Peter, all you have to do is avoid having long lines of dots.

Ray, advice taken.

#133 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 23:12

Gringo had a Bulant... he never built cars...

Henry built the Argus cars, he probably named them as well. Though Jeoff Turner might have had a word in that. Gordon Hardy had one, you probably know him.

......................arrrggghh...............Chris was probably answering my original question about Gringo still spannering for him.....he says Greg still has a very good memory for the old days despite some medical problems a while back (I have his number).....I'm going to look at cars with SWMBO this morning.....oil ask him some more if I see him.

#134 SR781

SR781

• 87 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 23:42

[The Jabiru... wasn't it the Tom Brickley/Brian Morrow thing? Originally with a VW engine or something silly? Or have I got that wrong?

Barry Lock had something to do with the Jabiru.

#135 xbgs351

xbgs351

• 129 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:26

Thought I may try and get some structure to this thread by listing the manufacturers, who was the main people were and also an idea of how many cars were produced.

This is my summary to date:

A
Alton
Argus
Avanti
Asp, Rory Thompson

B
Birrana, Malcolm Ramsay
Bolwell
Brabham, Geoff Brabham
Bulant

C
Cheetah, Brian Shead
Cicadas, Doug Trengrove
Concept Vees
CRD

D

E
Elfin, Garrie Cooper

F
Fielding, Roger Fielding

G
Galloway
Gard
Gardos
Graduate

H
Haggis
Hardman

I

J
Jabiru
Jacers

K
Kaditcha, Barry Lock
K & A Engineering, Dale Koennecke, Harry Aust

L
Liston

M
Macon
Magnum
Matich, Frank Matich
Minos

N

O

P
PBS
Prosport

Q

R
Richards, Ian Richards

S
Spectrum

T
Tafe/Shrike
Thane

U

V

W
Wren

XYZ

#136 cosworth bdg

cosworth bdg

• 1,350 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 08:43

Birrana Cars was originally Malcolm Ramsay and the late Tony Alcock [pre 1975].......cheers..

#137 Terry Walker

Terry Walker

• 2,962 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 10:37

Digging through my old racing negs I came up with this photo of two racing cars built in Western Australia, mentioned in this thread. On the theory that a photo is worth a thousand words (two thousand of mine), I bumped this thread and here they are:

No 2 is Mike George in the Gard (sometimes referred to as the Gard 27 or Gard 27B), and No 20 is Roy Ladhams in a Fielding. The time is June 1974, Wanneroo Park.

Posted Image

#138 mark f1

mark f1

• 3,351 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 15:39

Spectrum is of course Mike Borland. His Formula Vee cars are called Sabre's.

There were many Elfin copy Formula Vee's, mine was a KingFischer, built by Andy Fischer with help, I think, from Max Bonney.

Mark

#139 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 19:53

Dare we go into the 'Argus' name?

Alan Henry from CBR did that. The Galloway was Harry Galloway, also creator of the Hargal (later renamed). Then there were the Tony Simmons cars, not mentioned:

S Simmons (Hustler, FF and Seca 2)

'Asp' is really 'ASP' (Australian Sporting Productions?)

A should also include Auscam from the Ken and Ian Peters stable.

T should include TRE from the (Terrifying Revolving Ensemble) Kees Koppenal workshop (really 'Tulip Racing Enterprises')

Cicadas were largely from the Fraser family, weren't they?

Bulant was Brian Rawlings

Welsor was missed, Colin Wear

You'll like this one:

S SHW... Clubmans (about six of them) built by Barry Sharp

I'll come back with more...

Advertisement

#140 seldo

seldo

• 2,139 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 23:34

Also missed from the list was Porter with his FVs....on second thoughts - maybe that's best. I actually drove one for him at Amaroo in private practise as he wanted to furnish me with a car to drive for him for free.... I did about 3 laps and figured it would have been a life-shortening decision to have accepted, so I just politely said thank, but no thankyou. They were just diabolically rough. As an example, I saw him building an engine and in order to get a bit more "performance," and apart from being totally illegal, he just ground a bit off the base-circle of the cam lobes on the workshop bench-grinder by hand...no linishing or even measuring - just by eye...... Scary..

#141 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 66,176 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 10:32

Mawer - Dave Mawer

Elwyn - Elwyn Bickley

Liston was probably better known as 'Liston Fisher'... Brett Fisher and Paul Liston.

Wren was Bill Reynolds of pre-war speedway fame. Hardman was Jim Hardman.

Robin - Rob Medcalf

How on earth did the prolific Bob Britton get missed with his Rennmax? And the Ralts turned out by the Taurenacs? Even more so, Nota from Guy Buckingham?

#142 Leo D

Leo D

• 425 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 14:32

Kestrel....
Built by Greg Mobbs in South Australia.
Formula Vees of which I think about 4 were built...
Clubmans sold in kits from memory....
He also had a hand in building the Shrike Formula Brabham/Holden/....

#143 ian senior

ian senior

• 2,160 posts

Posted 20 October 2006 - 14:46

Originally posted by seldo
Also missed from the list was Porter with his FVs....on second thoughts - maybe that's best. I actually drove one for him at Amaroo in private practise as he wanted to furnish me with a car to drive for him for free.... I did about 3 laps and figured it would have been a life-shortening decision to have accepted, so I just politely said thank, but no thankyou. They were just diabolically rough. As an example, I saw him building an engine and in order to get a bit more "performance," and apart from being totally illegal, he just ground a bit off the base-circle of the cam lobes on the workshop bench-grinder by hand...no linishing or even measuring - just by eye...... Scary..

Also mentioned in post 25 on this thread. I've had a horrible fascination for the Porter Vee ever since I first read about it on here. Does anyone have any photographs of this deathtrap?

#144 Brandstormer

Brandstormer

• 273 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 01:14

1988 RPB F.Ford Driver & constructor was Rob Bennett - Finished 4th in D to E championship that year.

As I remember, Rob worked for Larry Perkins Engineering during the day and built and designed the car from scratch himself in his spare time. Rob was a really nice young guy whose racing suffered from a terminal lack of funds.

Always thought he would go on to great things in race engineering, but never heard of him again and don't know what happened to him or his RPB. Anyone enlighten me?

#145 cosworth bdg

cosworth bdg

• 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:26

[B]

Birrana was another SA firm owned by Malcolm Ramsay which made top quality monocoque F2 and F3 cars designed by Tony Alcock (who was later killed in Graham Hill's plane crash.) Those cars wre too expensive to make and F2 was then a series in decline. At the time BIRRANA chassis were the best ever designed and built in Australia by very skilled engineers. They were second to NONE.

#146 cosworth bdg

cosworth bdg

• 1,350 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:35

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cosworth bdg
[B]

Birrana was another SA firm owned by Malcolm Ramsay which made top quality monocoque F2 and F3 cars designed by Tony Alcock (who was later killed in Graham Hill's plane crash.) Those cars wre too expensive to make and F2 was then a series in decline. ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ At the time BIRRANA chassis were the best ever designed and built in Australia by very skilled engineers. They were second to NONE.
[/QUOTE]

#147 Terry Walker

Terry Walker

• 2,962 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:44

A jay - Formula Vee, Western Australia (current)

#148 Bondy

Bondy

• 193 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 03:43

Originally posted by Brandstormer
1988 RPB F.Ford Driver & constructor was Rob Bennett - Finished 4th in D to E championship that year.

As I remember, Rob worked for Larry Perkins Engineering during the day and built and designed the car from scratch himself in his spare time. Rob was a really nice young guy whose racing suffered from a terminal lack of funds.

Always thought he would go on to great things in race engineering, but never heard of him again and don't know what happened to him or his RPB. Anyone enlighten me?

My brother purchased the RPB off Rob in 1989, and he had it up until about 1991 iirc. Im thinking the RPB ended up as a Hill Climber. The Kookaburra was another Australian F/Ford my brother ran for a short time, i believe the car is still running in QLD.

#149 Leo D

Leo D

• 425 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 08:24

Bondy

My brother purchased the RPB off Rob in 1989, and he had it up until about 1991 iirc. Im thinking the RPB ended up as a Hill Climber. The Kookaburra was another Australian F/Ford my brother ran for a short time, i believe the car is still running in QLD.

Did your brother have a Swift 89B and a Spectrum at one stage as well?......

#150 Brandstormer

Brandstormer

• 273 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 09:12

Hey Bondy, can I ask, Who was your brother?