The Hume Weir circuit, Australia

• Please log in to reply
887 replies to this topic

#101 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:16

Ah yes, that's more like it...

It benefitted, of course, from being on the southern side of the river. There the Speedways Act of 1957 didn't apply, the cost of safety fencing was appreciably lower.

Advertisement

#102 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:24

Originally posted by xbgs351
OK, it's east of both Albury and Wodonga, but the distance from the circuit to both Albury and Wodonga is pretty much the same.

Ahhhhhh...so one legs both the same!! :D

#103 Leo D

Leo D

• 425 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:21

I'd be looking at near the base of the Hume Weir dam wall.... on the Victorian side to be exact...

Gee....great to see you guy's entering a p**** competition to say the same thing I did in my original post :lol:

GTB.... I had a fossic (my word for the day) around the Autopic site, but no luck there ... I know the only place I have seen the pic is in "here" somewhere...

Maybe I only thought I saw it on a Hume Weir thread.... maybe it was another thread on TNF... :|

#104 Leo D

Leo D

• 425 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:39

[

It is also to the east of Wodonga...
It is also to the east of Wodonga...
The weir being located on the Vic/NSW border....

Geez..... I can't even quote myself properly..... Here's (hopefully) the bit I left off
You guys go back to the P**** competion...
I'll go back and put my "L" Plates on........ :| :|

#105 Leo D

Leo D

• 425 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:42

Yeah, I know, it should have read "competition"...... Hey, it's Friday... what more can I say!

#106 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:22

Originally posted by Leo D
I'd be looking at near the base of the Hume Weir dam wall.... on the Victorian side to be exact...

Gee....great to see you guy's entering a p**** competition to say the same thing I did in my original post :lol:

GTB.... I had a fossic (my word for the day) around the Autopic site, but no luck there ... I know the only place I have seen the pic is in "here" somewhere...

Maybe I only thought I saw it on a Hume Weir thread.... maybe it was another thread on TNF... :|

Leapin....you are probably better off searching for the driver or the car and limiting your search to TNF.

Like I said, the location of the track is no secret, I have been there recently and taken pictures....the problem is that the land is owned by Forestry (I think) and they don't like people jumping the fence.

Its a nice part of the world, there is even an Ettamogah Pub nearby :up: :smoking: ....go visit sometime :wave:

#107 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:11

And there's a good reason they have 'an' Ettamogah Pub near there...

It's at Ettamogah!

#108 Leo D

Leo D

• 425 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:07

GTB..... I've been going down the "driver","car","circuit" route on the search engine here but it throws up so many results, that I get distracted off on tangents..... :|

My main reason for posting the request on this thread is that I figured the pic had to be put on TNF by a "local", maybe a regular "poster" who'd be able to help me find it quicker...

Ettamogah Pub Uh....... Hmmm now location wise we're talking north of the Weir just in off the Hume Hwy.... about 45minutes or so .... and I bet I'm not the only one that knows that as well :p

Leo...... who hopes his posts are being read in the light hearted manner in which he posts them.....

#109 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:16

That's right, Leo, but not 45 minutes unless you stop at each bottle shop on the way...

You take the Riverina Highway until you reach the old Hume Highway, turn rignt, pause as you consider that you're now going against the traffic direction of the old Wirlinga-Thurgoona circuit (Albury Gold Cup, 1938-40), drive up to the next road across to the present highway, then turn right and in a couple of minutes you see the Ettamogah turnoff.

#110 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:46

Originally posted by Leo D
GTB..... I've been going down the "driver","car","circuit" route on the search engine here but it throws up so many results, that I get distracted off on tangents..... :|

My main reason for posting the request on this thread is that I figured the pic had to be put on TNF by a "local", maybe a regular "poster" who'd be able to help me find it quicker...

Ettamogah Pub Uh....... Hmmm now location wise we're talking north of the Weir just in off the Hume Hwy.... about 45minutes or so .... and I bet I'm not the only one that knows that as well :p

Leo...... who hopes his posts are being read in the light hearted manner in which he posts them.....

Yeah....but they are usually interesting diversions.......now go to the suggestions box and say DRIVERS and SERIES (eg TASMAN) and some sort of order to the magnificent resource that TNF IS!!!!! :up:

#111 Leo D

Leo D

• 425 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:48

Ray, The only route I know to Ettamogah is to head north up the Hume Fwy and turn right at the Ettamogah sign..... but I am Victorian so I need to keep it simple.....

The Wirlinga-Thurgoona circuit is something that I've not heard of before though Ray.... Was that an actual "circuit" as such, or just a collection of roads joined together?

I have been to Tarrawingee (not recently I admit....more like 20 yrs ago) and parts of that were still visible under the local golf course .... various bits of bitumen on what was the remains of corners.... you had to use your imagination to see where it all went. My understanding of that circuit though was that it was a combination dirt straights and bitumen corners

Apologies to Cosworth if I'm going "off topic" here.....

Opps..... I've been pressing :p when I meant to press :lol: sorry guys.

#112 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 13:34

Tarrawingee was oil sealed...

And there was a fair bit of sheep's blood in the dust as well from the after-meeting impromptu racing. Orphanage Lane, no longer there, was the other link in the Wirlinga-Thurgoona circuit. Yeah, like every circuit pre-Altona (there's a place known to some Victorians), it was a public road circuit.

Sorry, pre-Caversham. Airstrips flourished from 1946 onwards. Like the one at Wangaratta.

#113 xbgs351

xbgs351

• 129 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:56

Posted Image

#114 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:09

I had an interesting snippett passed to me the other day about Hume Weir...but would rather not blurt it out if it is untrue.

So...

Does anyone know what brought about the downfall of the Hume Weir Circuit?? :)

#115 Terry Walker

Terry Walker

• 2,947 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:36

Basically CAMS (Conferderation of Australian Motor Sports) killed it off with ever-increasing and ever more difficult safety requirements which the owners/promotors could not afford. It was an unusual track with a section where cars passed each other in opposite directions separated only by a concrete barrier. Then there was the famous hairpin. Now, imagine a wall of Camaros and Mustangs driven by famously aggressive racers arriving at this corner, from the right:

Posted Image

#116 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 475 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 11:19

Hume Weir
April 68 Meeting....

Two Tasmanian Early Model Holdens (Wilcox and McIvor) made the trip and came away with the loot.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Hume Weir
Boxing Day 1966

Posted Image
Starting Grid off the main cct. Thomson ex Beechey Mustang and Price in the ex Muir S4 on front row

Posted Image
Thomson Mustang

Posted Image
Thomson Price

Posted Image
Graeme Ritter, Norm Gown, Dave Price, 8th is Bruce Hindaugh

The edits have added extra pics

#117 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,489 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:53

Gentlemen, is this it?

Henry :wave:

Posted Image

#118 Terry Walker

Terry Walker

• 2,947 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 13:38

Right on the target, HM!

#119 john medley

john medley

• 1,355 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 20:49

What intrigues me about that aerial shot is the section under the old Lukey Bridge, where as previously noted only a slim concrete wall separated the traffic traveling in absolutely opposite directions. In the pic it all looks much wider than I recall. And in that composite pic, Scrub entry and exit dont look as steep as they felt.

In the foreground there are still signs of the 1973 "new pits". Boxing Day 1973 we used the "old pits" in pouring rain and circuit under water on one day and the "new pits" without any shade in stinking heat on the other

Hume Weir was a great place to race and to party. I have many fond memories of the Weir and Albury in those days

One of the cars that I didnt see but heard much about was built nearby --(all sing along) "Puff the Magic Wagon was built by the Weir, It ran on kerosene the pit crew ran on beer. Little Terry Kelly loved that rascal Puff -- built it of string and sealing wax and other fancy stuff" Alan Horsley and Terry Kelly used a radial aero engine out of a Stuart tank in (I think) the old Ryleford chassis. Skinny little Alan got it around the Weir in 60 seconds, therefore at 1000 revs per minute 1000 revs per lap(or so the legend goes)

Phil Jones' name was mentioned earlier, one of the central figures in the old Albury Car Club. I live now near Holbrook where Phil grew up, so only this week I published in the local paper a pic of Battersby's Ford V8 Special after it had gone through the fence at Bathurst in 1951 and landed on top of Phil. I recall Phil telling me years ago how hot and painful on his chest were sump and exhausts of the V8. Delayed in departing from his deckchair by legs affected by poliomyelitis, he scored the V8 on the chest, but survived and was a great salesman for Hume Weir circuit.

Advertisement

#120 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,489 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 22:17

For members that are unable to enlage the thumbnails. And, without street/road markings plus the surrounding area which appears to be quite nice!

Posted Image

#121 Terry Walker

Terry Walker

• 2,947 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:19

Looking towards Quarry Loop, 1983. You can see how close the two directions of the circuit are at their closest point, with just the thickness of the concrete barrier between them - say half a metre. The pole visible above the concrete section in the distance supported the pedestrian bridge across the track.

I have several other pics I took in '83 which I'll sift through and post here.

Posted Image

#122 Terry Walker

Terry Walker

• 2,947 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:30

Some More:

Showing a closeup of the narrow section, and the concrete barrier.

Posted Image

The tower was still intact when I visited in 1983

Posted Image

Pit lane, just past the tower.

Posted Image

#123 cooper997

cooper997

• 2,235 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:13

Back in the mid to late 1980s, Hume Weir became an annual trek for the many Mini enthusiasts of the (then) Mini Car Club of Victoria (and the other invited clubs). For 3 years (if I recall correctly), each Easter we congregated for a club sprint meeting at the even then, long defunct circuit (for open race meetings). And because of such it took some sweet talking by our competition secretary, Alan to get CAMS to allow permission (even at club level competition). But permission was granted and it brought competitors out of the woodwork. Purely because most were familiar with the legend of Hume Weir, but had never had the chance to race at the circuit in its heyday.

It of course became a weekend away for all of us, camping at the Spillway caravan park just down the road from the circuit. Where we would sit telling tall tales to each other, while drinking ones favourite drink of choice into the late evening/early morning. Meanwhile in the background water would be thundering over the spillway to keep the Murray River flowing (this being when The Weir had some water). This was usually intertwined with a bit of hijinx. One recollection being when late into the night we had run out of firewood for the campfire, so a couple of wags had devised a plan... Over that same Easter weekend there was usually a Hockey tournament in Albury. With some of said Hockey players staying at the carawan park too. Usually with there being some ribbing between the Mini and hockey people. As you can imagine, the chant of "Get the puck out of here" became quite regular. But getting back to the firewood... too dark/too drunk to go scrounging for proper firewood, so the ever industrious wags borrowed the odd hockey stick or several!!

The racing... well officially there was none. It was club level and all one was supposed to be doing was competing against the clock. And that's pretty much how things were kept due to the difficulty to get/keep CAMS happy to issue a permit each year. The circuit and facilities were definitely under decay but as a club we made the most of what we had to use. The bitumen was extremely abrasive, tyre destroying in a very short timespan in fact. The first year I spent a fair bit of time officiating at Scrub Corner (like all day) and although it was only a short distance from the large pit area, it was no man's land. It did became a case of watching who had the biggest you know what, as braking for Scrub was left later and later. But if you got the entry right to this very tight and nicely cambered corner, it could be a nice an flowing exit.

I think it was the second year we ran there, I was asked by Alan whether I wanted to compete in his 1275 Mini Clubman. Eventually he convinced me, so it ended up my one and only "race" at Hume Weir. Unless I go digging for an old club magazine I haven't a clue what times were being done. It was simply fun.

I think it was 1989 when we couldn't get the track. As I recall, the lease for the land had gone from Bob Jane to Benalla Auto Club (Winton) and that was the end. Early on when this transpired there was talk of redevelopment of Hume Weir by BAC. But I'll use the word alledgedly here, because BAC relied on hiring Winton to clubs for income and I remember conversations along the lines that (alledgedly) they wanted to destroy Hume Weir because it was seen as a threat to Winton. The track was indeed dug up and it is true that the Historic Rally Assocation would have been the last to use the circuit as a special rally stage for one of their Alpine Rally events. Just like they did with a special stage at the long defunct Lakeland Hillclimb too.

Stephen

#124 Wirra

Wirra

• 1,188 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:41

Boxing Day meeting - possibly '69 or '70.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#125 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:47

Originally posted by Wirra

Posted Image

Bruce Taylor in the Mini? Looks like some kind of a handicap, but I can't identify the race in the report.

#126 timbo

timbo

• 534 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 14:23

The Albury and District Car Club (now the Albury, Wodonga and District car Club) has a website with some photos of the old days at Hume Weir. You can find them at www.awdcc.com.au and click onto the photo's page.

The road past the Hume Weir circuit used to cross the Murray River with a wooden plank bridge, but during one night when the "King of the Weir" motorcycle races were being held, the bikies staying at the Spillway Caravan Park decided to roast a sheep on the bridge and the following morning motorists were faced with a great big burnt out hole in the bridge. It was replaced with a concrete bridge.

#127 seldo

seldo

• 2,054 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 16:28

I fondly remember the old circuit - it was very tight but a lot of fun.
I do recall my first venture there - a totally disasterous weekend back in about '68/'69/maybe even '70 at a meeting promoted by Brad and Kim Jones' dad Phil Jones.
Just settle back and relax for a minute...
At the time, Norm, my best mate/pit-crew was a Copper and for reasons of his shift work he was unable to come with us for the initial part of the weekend.
I had arranged the use of a compact Fairlane to tow my race car down there and had ordered a tow-bar from Repco to be picked-up on the Friday afternoon, except that I was slightly delayed by work and rang Repco to say I'd be a few minutes late and would they wait? "No worries mate - we'll be here until at least 5.30"... When I arrived at 5.15 on the Friday evening of the long-weekend the place was shut-up like Fort Knox!.... Bummer!!!
So, we laboured late into the evening and fitted a tow-bar to the only other car that we happened to have a hook for - another road car identical to my race Volvo 122S! When we set out with the tow-car loaded to the gunnels with spares, tools, wheels etc plus the race car on the trailer, the poor thing could hardly get out of its own way. We proceeded for about 200km, and after a series of death-defying near-loses and half-spins, due to the inequitable weight/balance disparity between tow-car and trailer, I finally declared enough when, as we approached one of NSW's S/W towns - maybe Young? during Sat morning peak rush, the clutch slave-cylinder died on the tow car necessitating clutchles starts and gear-changes.... . So I unloaded the race car and drove it - race rubber, no plates, no exhaust, full numbers and signage as I tried to idle it inconspicuously (!!!) through the morning traffic....
After that we made quite good time along the highway....
We made practise at Hume Weir late, but proceeded to make a fairly proud practise time for 4th place on the grid behind Beechey's Nova, McKewen's Lotus, and Manton's Mini.....but at the cost of a clutch plate thrown on the change back to 1st for the bottom corner...
So.....What do you do when you need a new clutch and the nearest part is hundreds of kms away in Sydney or Melbourne...? Well - you pull it out of the tow car!...which we did and succeeded in coming 4th in the 1st race behind the all-conquering Neptune team...until another clutch died....now we were in serious trouble!
Then.....Norm arrived!
Norm had somehow arrived in Albury at the same time as Bob Jane and Johnny Harvey, and whilst he never told me the full story, he somehow arrived at the circuit chauffeuring Bob Jane and Harvey in Bob's Mercedes 600 Grosser!
We told Norm of the tale of woe of the 2 failed clutches and Norm set out to "see what I can do..."
The story eventually unravelled....
On his way out of the circuit on foot, Norm met a young guy coming in - a total stranger! - and somehow managed to borrow his Holden ute ...and headed into Albury! He knocked up the local BMC dealer at home (on a Sunday long weekend!) and got him to open his dealership and somehow part with a clutch for an MGB or Austin Freeway (it was suitable) and arrived back at the circuit with the part. We fitted it, raced, and managed another couple of 4ths!
Then of course it was a matter of pulling it out of the race car and re-fitting to the tow car for the trip home!
We raged and partied and had a totally disgusting time - It was a very long weekend!
But - that was the essence of Hume Weir!
Sorry to bore you with all that...

#128 2Bob

2Bob

• 529 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 20:21

A bit off topic I guess but ....

Hume Weir
April 68 Meeting....

Noticed the name P Turner in a Grantinni entered.

Peter was racing in his Grantinni last Saturday at Mallala. I think he had a few years not racing but this seems to be a pretty good effort!

On topic, camping at Hume Weir. Jim Doig wielding the hammer, Boxing day meeting 1969. Jim was also racing last Saturday at Mallala in his one owner 1973 Motorlap ASP (he beat Peter in each of the races with lap times about 1 second better).

Posted Image

#129 2Bob

2Bob

• 529 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 20:33

I remember the hairpin too...

Boxing day meeting 1969, on one lap arrived at the hairpin in my Cooper S to have the brake pedal go to the floor. Furious pumping of the brakes and got around the corner. Later found that the pads were a bit thin (like very) and we had boiled the fluid. While changing pads and fluid Jim Doig (see previous post) suggested that if I had managed to get around the corner then I had obviously been braking too early! (Jim and I alternated on interstate trips in those days, one trip with his car, me as pit crew, next trip my car him as pit crew). Eventually we managed to find other nutters to help so usually took 2 cars from then on. Boxing day at Hume Weir followed by Phillip Island New Year weekend. One year at PI we were camping for the week after Hume Weir and it rained ALL week. What does one do at a holiday spot when it rains? Go to the pub of course. 5 days of brandy and dries for 10 hours a day makes for the shakes when sitting on the grid for the first practice laps (in the wet of course). Driver shall remain nameless (not me this year..).

#130 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 9,643 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 22:15

Originally posted by 2Bob
A bit off topic I guess but ....

Noticed the name P Turner in a Grantinni entered.

Peter was racing in his Grantinni last Saturday at Mallala. I think he had a few years not racing but this seems to be a pretty good effort!

On topic, camping at Hume Weir. Jim Doig wielding the hammer, Boxing day meeting 1969. Jim was also racing last Saturday at Mallala in his one owner 1973 Motorlap ASP (he beat Peter in each of the races with lap times about 1 second better).

Posted Image

Doig looks a little younger!!

#131 Ellis French

Ellis French

• 475 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 22:16

Graham Ritter Imps 12/66

Posted Image

#132 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 9,643 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 22:19

Seldo, do you still wait until the last moment in selection of tow cars?
I have been guilty of that, what is suitable,and has a hook and rego!

#133 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 9,643 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 22:23

I love that motley collection of Sports racing closed picture. Who is in the Jag, it looks a little upmarket among all the Morrises, Holdens, Cortina and Anglias. I love that Mk 2 Zephyr!

#134 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,489 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 22:27

Originally posted by Ray Bell

Bruce Taylor in the Mini? Looks like some kind of a handicap, but I can't identify the race in the report.

Ray, it appears the Mini has an offset frame. :smoking:

#135 seldo

seldo

• 2,054 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 23:18

Originally posted by Lee Nicolle
Seldo, do you still wait until the last moment in selection of tow cars?
I have been guilty of that, what is suitable,and has a hook and rego!

:lol: No Lee - but in those days I was living hand to mouth and it was always a matter of what I could borrow from my employer.

#136 TonyK

TonyK

• 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 23:31

Hi Folks,

I only attended one meeting at Hume Weir, so I'm well behind many of the folks on here. It must have been in the mid-70s, so would probably have been one of the last official meetings held there. I was only a very young boy at the time. I had already been to Amaroo, Oran, Catalina and Warwick Farm, so the Weir was very quaint and rural in comparison. Although I was young, I can clearly recall walking across the Lukey bridge watching the cars negotiate the narrow gap in both directions. There was a Renault 12 one-make race, and watching 2 dozen Regies going 4 abreast around Scrub, cornering on their door handles, was a sight to behold. And Phil Lucas driving a V8 powered Volvo (144?) lapped the field in the Sports Sedans.

Regs,
TK

#137 2Bob

2Bob

• 529 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 00:04

I have the results for Boxing day 69 (actually 28/12/69) but unfortunately the results give the entrant and car number but not the driver (unless of course they were the entrant). They managed to get so many races in each day (25 for the results I have) it would be hard to pick which one but I don't remember the Jag in 69 so it probably was 70!

The pits at Hume Weir - Bob Winley Citroen special, boxing day meeting 68 (Bob was a mate of mine from Sydney, I had moved to Adelaide, we met up by accident trolling the streets of Albury in tow cars with racing cars on the back hoping for some 'action' (God we were young then - as Lee pointed out about Jim Doig - we thought the racing cars might impress the local country girls, which come to think of it, it may have done for one lucky member of our crew):

Posted Image

Is 171 your Volvo Seldo? If so is that you leaning on it? If so it would have been 68. (I was with Jim Doig in 68, 69 I have the results for and you aren't in there as far as I can see).

#138 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 00:09

Second-last meeting, I think you'll find TonyK... the following Easter meeting seems to have been the last...

That was Boxing Day, 1976. John Bourke rightly won the Newstar race, but various competitors were ganging up on him (after he kept wiping the board) and looking for ways to get him excluded. Which they later did.

David will well remember that V8 Volvo, and as it was as a 4-cylinder car too. I think he actually raced it once or twice too.

I also found a note in the report on the Easter 1976 meeting that this marked the return of the ADCC to the circuit after Bob Jane 'relinquished control.'

#139 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 00:31

Originally posted by 2Bob
.....I don't remember the Jag in 69 so it probably was 70!

That Jag is the Ford V8-powered one built and raced by Barry Sharp.

Posted Image

Is 171 your Volvo Seldo? If so is that you leaning on it? If so it would have been 68. (I was with Jim Doig in 68, 69 I have the results for and you aren't in there as far as I can see).

We established before that 171 is a Holden...

Advertisement

#140 2Bob

2Bob

• 529 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 00:41

We established before that 171 is a Holden...

Oops!

#141 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:30

Posted Image

Looks like the Barnard Auto Spares FJ...so must be Allan "Abe" Barrow.

#142 Wirra

Wirra

• 1,188 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:44

Not sure... is this Mr Seldon's V8?

Posted Image

#143 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:08

Mister Lister's... but it might even be in the very early times of Phil Lucas' ownership...

And it's even possible it's not yet a V8... but I think it would be with those scoops and wheels.

#144 seldo

seldo

• 2,054 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:25

Mister Lister's... but it might even be in the very early times of Phil Lucas' ownership...

And it's even possible it's not yet a V8... but I think it would be with those scoops and wheels.

Yes - it is the Lister car with him driving - and it is already in V8 form.

#145 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 21:53

Originally posted by HistoricMustang

Ray, it appears the Mini has an offset frame. :smoking:

Henry...I don't think so...just a very wide track caused by (possibly) hub spacers or definately wide, offset rims.

#146 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4

• 8,274 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 21:43

Posted Image

Mini #46 has to be John Leffler :cool: :)

#147 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 21:40

You think so?

I don't recall his car being green. But it is a Sydney car, I'm pretty sure.

#148 seldo

seldo

• 2,054 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 22:42

You think so?

I don't recall his car being green. But it is a Sydney car, I'm pretty sure.

I recall Leffo's car as being white...

#149 Wirra

Wirra

• 1,188 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:07

Am I getter closer?

Posted Image

#150 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 64,155 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 14:32

That's a 122S... not sure if it's David's or not...

I had a notion his was green, but I may be wrong.