Help needed: F1 channels on ASTRA or HOTBIRD satellites

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kos

kos

• 1,238 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 18:27

Helo, all!

I have a problem - I have lost my access to Premiere F1 coverage so can you tell me what other channels are broadcasting F1 (preferrably advertizing-free)

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

#2 LeD

LeD

• 1,433 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 18:36

Nothing is advertising free these days, alas. The answer to your question also depends on whether you will pay for access. I have access to F1 on both Astra2 and Hotbird:

Astra - Austrian TV, RTL5 (Dutch), RTL (Germany)
Hotbird - TSR1 or 2 (Swiss French) as well as the the Italian and German versions of these channels; RAI (I forget whether it is Uno, Duo, or Trei) but for this you definitely need a subscription.

I always preferred the Swiss French channel, since I do not speak Dutch, Italian or German well enough - and actually, from memory I do believe that there is no advertising on this channel.

Good luck!

#3 z bleebox

z bleebox

• 81 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 18:37

to my knowledge, only RTL will broadcast F1 on those satellites in free-to-air condition. Expect advertising, but not too much, and in some cases during ads you have still a small window with the race

#4 nigel red5

nigel red5

• 9,468 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 18:38

Astra 1...

n-tv Germany news channel have a tie-in, with RTL and between them they`ll cover most of the F1 weekends
Friday 1 & 2 on n-tv live
Sat morning highlights (delayed by a couple of hrs) on RTL
Sat qual live on RTL
Sun morn prog as usual on RTL feat D-parade
Race....RTL naturally

TELE 5 Germany (also on astra 1) will show an F1 talk show, and a full length race replay same-day delayed in the evenings

SBS6 Holland will service the Dutch viewers (card) with sat qual and race coverage live in both cases

At this stage i`m unsure about Franch Eurosport (card), but last year they had Friday 1 & 2, plus saturday morning practices all live.
----------------------------------

Hotbird....

Sky sports Italia (card once again) will cover the full weekend live, minus sun morning show

Don`t you know anyone in Germany? :)

#5 f320v10

f320v10

• 73 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 14:56

You could find live FTA sat feeds (RAI & RTL) from 16E.

http://feedlandia.no...t/settings.html

#6 A3

A3

• 32,120 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 15:29

Originally posted by nigel red5
SBS6 Holland will service the Dutch viewers (card) with sat qual and race coverage live in both cases

And: No ad breaks during a race ! :clap:

#7 kos

kos

• 1,238 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 15:35

thanks a lot guys!

A3, do you know who will be commentating on SBS6? Any chance that it will be two guys who did commentary on Canal+ until 2003?

#8 A3

A3

• 32,120 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 15:43

Nooo ! Why the heck would you want Tom Coronel and that other (I forgot his name) loser to give their view on F1? They annoyed the hell out of me.

Olav Mol is moving from RTL5 to SBS6. He says thing won't change much, except it's now on a different channel. Oh, and Bernie told him he can't curse anymore, that's a bit of a bummer. :

#9 kos

kos

• 1,238 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 15:47

I guess it is because I do not understand a word of Dutch, and to an untrained Russian ear they sounded as two stoned clowns (especially when they emulated car noises)

:cat: :lol:

#10 Frogman

Frogman

• 5,982 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 15:49

He says thing won't change much, except it's now on a different channel.

I'm just glad that we've finally gotten rid of Ruud ter Weijden.

#11 Western

Western

• 196 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 15:59

Canal +Blue used to broadcast F1 in 2002, but they stopped in 2003. They used to broadcasr a different coverage than the other channels, it's maybe called "Digital Coverage". Does anybody knows if there are any other channel which broadcast that same coverage?
(for example that "Digital Coverage" used to show engine RPM sometimes)

#12 kos

kos

• 1,238 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 16:06

Canal+ pre 2003 translated so-called Supersignal from F1 Digital TV (aka Bernievision) channels pack.

French Kiosk channels, German Premiere, English Sky broadcasted full F1 DTV pack (6 channels)

But this service was shut down by Bernie at the end of 2002, so there's no similar coverage available now

#13 davegp3

davegp3

• 1,821 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 16:17

Originally posted by LeD
Nothing is advertising free these days, alas.

Good luck!

On Austrian ORF1 races are not interupted by adverts, they are only before and after the race :up:

#14 Sir Frank

Sir Frank

• 4,275 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 15:43

Can somebody help please?

Im looking for a free channel on ASTRA that shows the race live. I have RTL but they have some adverts, which Im not really used to. :) Hungarian broadcaster is only airing the race later this evening and my cable company decided to ditch ORF from its portfolio just yesterday. So Im extremely happy right now :) . Any channels on ASTRA? Perhaps a Dutch channel or Czech, Polish?

#15 flyer72

flyer72

• 2,855 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 19:08

Originally posted by Sir Frank
Can somebody help please?

Im looking for a free channel on ASTRA that shows the race live. I have RTL but they have some adverts, which Im not really used to. :) Hungarian broadcaster is only airing the race later this evening and my cable company decided to ditch ORF from its portfolio just yesterday. So Im extremely happy right now :) . Any channels on ASTRA? Perhaps a Dutch channel or Czech, Polish?

RTL is the only channel showing the races live on Astra from what I know.

#16 Sir Frank

Sir Frank

• 4,275 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 19:43

Originally posted by flyer72

RTL is the only channel showing the races live on Astra from what I know.

Thank you, I was rushing between the TV and my computer all throughout the race. My friend just called me and said that the Hungarian channel decided to broadcast the race live afterall so I wouldnt have missed anything if I tried to switch channels... I didnt :stoned: