Photo

Possible new game about FIM bikes GPs?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Schummy

Schummy

• 1,027 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 15:52

I'm thinking about a game based on the three bike races of FIM GPs: 125cc, 250cc and MotoGP. The game would be about guessing the name of the winner in a somehow complicated way :rolleyes: (more about this later).

The purpose is to nominate several candidates for winner. The lesser candidates you put, more points you could get (but you risk failing to get right the winner!).

There would be three separate classifications for each category, and another total classification (combining all the three categories).

I would want to know is somebody is interested on it. I'd be happy even with half a dozen gamers ;) but I don't know if there is someone here who follows FIM GPs enough to want a game like this! The game could be a bit intensive in calculations for me, so I hope there is not *a lot* :rolleyes: of people interested ;) LOL

If someone is still interested after reading those lines :cool: , I add below the (provisional) rules in order to be able to get a more exact view about the game. Sorry, they are a bit clumsy but I'll try to redact them in a better way if this goes on forward.

Rules:
--------------------------------------
General view:

Each race one has to guess the winner of the race (there are three separate competitions: 125cc, 250cc and MotoGP, and a "total" one adding points))

Guesses consist in putting a set of possible winners and spreading points among them. You can nominate between 1 and 8 drivers, and points for each can be between 1 and 4. If one of your nominated drivers wins the race, you get "his" points (that you gave him).

Rule 1:
Allowed points distributions are:
3 3
3 2 2
3 2 1 1
3 1 1 1 1
2 2 2 2
2 2 2 1 1
2 2 1 1 1 1
2 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

(i.e. one 4 can be changed by two 3s, one 3 can be changed by two 2s, and one 2 can be changed by two 1s. That way, all possible combiantions are generated)

example: Biaggi 3, Gibernau 2, Capirossi 2 is an "legal" distribution, but Biaggi 3, Gibernau 3, Capirossi 1 is not valid.

In the former example, if Biaggi wins, you get 3 points, if Gibernau or Capirossi wins, you get 2 points.

Rule 2:
For the purpose of this game we don't count the rider with most wins in the season (until the race before). You can't guess him, and he will not count as "winner", the "winner" will be the best of the rest. In case of ties, it will be untied by most second positions, third positions and so on. This "dropped" rider will be announced in every round.

The purpose of this rule is to avoid the case of a too dominant rider making the game too predictable.
-------------------------------------------