Photo

F1 scheme on your car!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 21:31

WOW!!! Some Toyota dealer took a small Echo car and appled the F1 scheme to it... Looks good!!!

Second one from the left on the second row... From the Duval Toyota dealer in Quebec.
http://www.echoiste....sionnaires.htm#

Looks better than the third one, top row who seems like he had the same idea...

Just wondering... Did any other manufacturer company in F1 do that with their respective F1 paint scheme on any of their models?

Hmmm...Let's think and imagine the other ones... What model would look good wearing the F1 scheme?(If size is somewhat of an issue, then hopefully, a somewhat creative re-designing and applying of the scheme would be thought over before simply putting making a "copy and paste" over the car...because after all the result could very well be UGLY...)

BMW : Wouldn't the Z4 just look good? :)

Mercedes-Benz : Obvisouly, the SL5 McLaren is asking for it... And if you can't afford it, a C320 Sport Coupe or C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe wouldn't be so bad... Hey wait, there's also the SLK55 AMG Roadster(maybe more for a DTM scheme)...

Honda : S2000 :up: or a Civic?

Jaguar (R.I.P.) : Obviously, no 2005 model would be possible... :cry: An XK would be nice! Or Maybe a 2004 S-TYPE and you could even change the signature Jaguar emblem on the front for a DONKEY!!! :rotfl:

Renault : Clio or Mégane Coupé Sport would look great. If Renault were still in Canada, a Mégane Coupé Sport would probably be my choice...

Ferrari : Why do I see this one coming like a truck hitting a wall? :smoking: The paint job wouldn't be so hard now would it???(More of a sticker job!) Or maybe a simple little FIAT? How about a Barchetta or a 3 door Stilo?

Some questions come to mind:
-Do you do this a car that is more expensive??? I mean the Toyota Echo is a small compact car that doesn't cost all that much but would you do that if you bought yourself a Jag, a Mercedes or a BMW?
-Then again, this is the kind of thing you do to a car you're sure the team will stay with for some time, no? In other words, wouldn't you look so "passé" if you had bought a Honda Accord with a Jordan scheme...
-In the infamous tobacco non-advertising countries, would you put(or maybe have to??? :p ) a non-tobacco livery? Team Spirit/Be on Edge/BAR code/Your first name on the door would look kind of dumb, no? And if you do put the tobacco livery, could it be against the law?

Advertisement

#2 Jordan191

Jordan191

• 7,264 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 21:35

I'd love to rice up a civic , paint the **** dark blue and have on the back a white POWERED BY MUGEN HONDA sticker.

Inspired by the best looking Benetton ever. The Ligier JS41 late season.

#3 Rob G

Rob G

• 11,626 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 04:00

oooo, this could be a fun project if I get an extended slow period at work. I've got Photoshop and a pre-DaimlerChrysler merger Dodge Stratus sedan, so I could either go with a modern-day McLaren scheme or one of the Lamborghini-powered cars of the early 1990s. :D

#4 Frogman

Frogman

• 5,982 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 08:50

I think Mercedes once tried this to juice up the A-class.
Not the complete paint job though, just the grey/black scheme with some red details.

#5 Beamer

Beamer

• 3,471 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:09

Originally posted by Arrows4Ever

BMW : Wouldn't the Z4 just look good? :)

Something like this you mean?;)

Posted Image

#6 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 13,670 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:49

Häkkinen DTM test in 2000

Häkkinen DTM test 2

#7 Svenko Wankerov

Svenko Wankerov

• 555 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 19:54

Originally posted by Jordan191
I'd love to rice up a civic , paint the **** dark blue and have on the back a white POWERED BY MUGEN HONDA sticker.

Inspired by the best looking Benetton ever. The Ligier JS41 late season.

Don't forget the "Fabrique en France" decal on the back of your spoiler. :p

#8 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 06 December 2004 - 20:00

Originally posted by Beamer

Something like this you mean?;)

Posted Image

Nice!! Very nice!! :up:

#9 Scorg

Scorg

• 2,693 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 00:53

For Honda?
Well for the UK market they released a special edition Civic Jordan. Bright yellow, Buzzin hornets logo's on the car.
wasnt really livery but it was still a jordan :)

#10 philhitchings

philhitchings

• 18,312 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 13:22

This has been a fashion trend for scooters for several years now. ever since the F1 teams started having their paddock scooters liveried. I've noticed that with the scooter boys/girls it's also Rally cars that get used to provide inspiration for the makeover too.

#11 AF Prodrive

AF Prodrive

• 794 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 15:29

The Z4 is one of the most hideous automobiles I've ever had the displeasure of laying my poor eyes on. Chris Bangle should be lynched at sundown, old-west style. :down:

#12 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 8,845 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 15:49

LOL I hear ya! Prodrive, on the other hand we have the new SLK350 :love:

The Z4 in the Williams get up looks like an HPMobile :p

#13 amsctalx

amsctalx

• 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 16:42

Originally posted by Frogman
Not the complete paint job though, just the grey/black scheme with some red details.

I was at Mercedes-Benz Headquarters during Employee Appreciation Day in October of 2000. M-B "did up" and displayed two A-classes, one each for Mika and David. The cars received a quasi- McLaren-Mercedes / West paint scheme and had other modifications as well.

I have pictures of them at home, I think...

Mike

#14 BRG

BRG

• 26,560 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 17:16

This is all really rather old hat. Way back in the 1970s, Lotus actually sold the Lotus Elan Sprint in the red white & gold strip colours of Gold Leaf and the Lotus Europa in the black and gold John Player Special livery. And very handsome they were, too.

#15 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 21:25

Originally posted by BRG
This is all really rather old hat. Way back in the 1970s, Lotus actually sold the Lotus Elan Sprint in the red white & gold strip colours of Gold Leaf and the Lotus Europa in the black and gold John Player Special livery. And very handsome they were, too.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Those must have looked amazing!!!!! :love:

#16 ensign14

ensign14

• 63,336 posts

Posted 07 December 2004 - 22:41

I have a Corgi model of it somewhere, which came with a gold trailer and touchingly with a JPS Lotus 72 (which incidentally was in full tobacco livery and never encouraged me to smoke), as if F1 cars even in the 70s were towed to Grands Prix as if they were hardware.

I can still remember the number plate on the Corgi model - JPS 7P. Had a "conventional" one in red with normal series plate. -anorak14

(Oh, and my car is a Silver Arrow...)

#17 Rob G

Rob G

• 11,626 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:42

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Those must have looked amazing!!!!! :love:

I saw a Gold Leaf Lotus in a friend's neighbor's driveway in Ohio a few years ago. It looked really nice!

#18 Vilenova

Vilenova

• 2,869 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:07

LOL, this thread reminds me of a Civic I saw with some very nice wheels and mags. Must have spent a fortune.
The only problem was, he had these big fatties on the rear and these narrow ones on the front...like a 1/4 mile car ... :rotfl: I laugh everytime I picture that. Oh I wish I had a camera with me that day. The rear was even jacked up!!! :rotfl:

#19 Double Apex

Double Apex

• 2,334 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:53

Originally posted by BRG

They still do something similar today with the Elise. You can get an Elise 25, 49, 72 or 99T if you like. See http://www.lotuscars.nl/ and then click on "top models" on the left. (site is partially in Dutch though)

Advertisement

#20 Garagiste

Garagiste

• 3,799 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:54

Yes the Elan and Europa worked well because they were simple uncluttered liveries, unlike most of those today. Having said that, does anybody remember the "BRM" Rovers of a few years back? :rolleyes:
Anything resembling a modern F1 car would IMO be a) Really rather sad, and b) An absolute magnet to traffic police.

#21 Garagiste

Garagiste

• 3,799 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 11:59

Oh, almost forgot the JPS Capri: http://www.fordcapri...pecials/jps.htm
Check that 70s hairdo! :)

#22 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 13,670 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:38

Originally posted by Garagiste
Yes the Elan and Europa worked well because they were simple uncluttered liveries, unlike most of those today. Having said that, does anybody remember the "BRM" Rovers of a few years back? :rolleyes:
Anything resembling a modern F1 car would IMO be a) Really rather sad, and b) An absolute magnet to traffic police.

Thank you, for reminding me :mad:

BRM Rover in all it's "glory" exterior

interior

#23 BRG

BRG

• 26,560 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:44

Don't mess around with painting up your car - buy a car actually built by a F1 team. No, not a Ferrari - who can afford them? Nor a Toyota or Jaguar as they are just mainstream manufacturers. No, how about a LIGIER ? :love: :love: :love:
http://www.rumcars.org/Ligier.html

or maybe :rolleyes:

I actually followed one of these in deepest Surrey last Sunday - ironically passing McLaren's Paragon HQ. Although a bit odd, it seemed to be surprisingly nippy. Who needs a SMART when you could have a Ligier?

#24 kenjafield

kenjafield

• 802 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 14:47

If you get a McLaren livery, does your engine need to explode every 100 miles too?

#25 Vilenova

Vilenova

• 2,869 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 16:47

Wow, I used to just love those Capris.

#26 Frogman

Frogman

• 5,982 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 18:47

posted by kenjafield
If you get a McLaren livery, does your engine need to explode every 100 miles too?

The same question holds for a Honda in 2003 Jordan/BAR livery (or was it 2002, man I'm getting old!)

#27 Beamer

Beamer

• 3,471 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 13:38

Originally posted by The Big Guns
LOL I hear ya! Prodrive, on the other hand we have the new SLK350 :love:

The Z4 in the Williams get up looks like an HPMobile :p

Personally I do not dislike the Z4, allthough I agree BMW's design hasn't quite been staggering lately......

Anyway... perhaps you like it better without the HP logo.... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#28 Beamer

Beamer

• 3,471 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 13:50

Honda : S2000 :up: or a Civic?

too much time today.....

not content with it though.....

Posted Image

#29 jcbc3

jcbc3
  • RC Forum Host

• 13,670 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 13:59

I think you're doing good. Continue.................

#30 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 8,845 posts

Posted 09 December 2004 - 17:20

Ahhh it does look MUCH better without the HP logo :clap: !!!

#31 TigerEyes

TigerEyes

• 67 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 13:37

:up:

I prefer the Z4 without the HP logos..

Also loved the comment about the merc engine....

:smoking:

#32 NeilB

NeilB

• 260 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 16:00

Here's my go at a Renault Megane in F1 colours.

Posted Image

#33 BRG

BRG

• 26,560 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 17:03

Originally posted by NeilB

You can paint it any colour you like but the Megane is still a horribly ugly car.

#34 Beamer

Beamer

• 3,471 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 13:55

Originally posted by NeilB

Nice...

Here's my take on the Megane Sport....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 20:34

Nice...

Here's my take on the Megane Sport....
Posted Image
Posted Image

Whatever people might think of that color mix(just remembering all the comments when Renault re-entered), I think it looks great! :love:

That's a nice model. And I don't mean to quote myself but euhhh...:

Renault : Clio or Mégane Coupé Sport would look great. If Renault were still in Canada, a Mégane Coupé Sport would probably be my choice...

RENAULT!!! PLEASE COME BACK TO CANADA!!! :cry: :cry:

Ohh...and by the way, that number 1 on the door...
Is that some kind of prediction you're making Beamer???;)

#36 Beamer

Beamer

• 3,471 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:05

Whatever people might think of that color mix(just remembering all the comments when Renault re-entered), I think it looks great! :love:

That's a nice model. And I don't mean to quote myself but euhhh...:

RENAULT!!! PLEASE COME BACK TO CANADA!!! :cry: :cry:

Is that some kind of prediction you're making Beamer???;)

the 1 was already on there in the original image....

#37 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 18:24

Is that some kind of prediction you're making Beamer???

the 1 was already on there in the original image....

Should have answered YES on that one Beamer!!!;) :lol: :kiss:

#38 mplach

mplach

• 64 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 21:30

anybody care to do one of my sweet ride? white '88 toyota celica. that would be amazing! :p

#39 jondon

jondon

• 617 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 14:07

Originally posted by Frogman

I remember these when they came out and thought at the time they looked qute good but I saw one yesterday morning and I have to say it looked nothing but ridiculous. The decals had faded slightly and it just looked like a multi coloured shopping trolley!

Advertisement

#40 Beamer

Beamer

• 3,471 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 15:09

what if lotus tried to revive some old glory.....

Posted Image

#41 Double Apex

Double Apex

• 2,334 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 15:19

Ahem...

Originally posted by BRG

And...

Originally posted by Double Apex
They still do something similar today with the Elise. You can get an Elise 25, 49, 72 or 99T if you like. See http://www.lotuscars.nl/ and then click on "top models" on the left. (site is partially in Dutch though)

;)

#42 Shadow

Shadow

• 322 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 18:31

Ferrari : Why do I see this one coming like a truck hitting a wall? :smoking: The paint job wouldn't be so hard now would it???(More of a sticker job!) Or maybe a simple little FIAT? How about a Barchetta or a 3 door Stilo?

Well, it didn't had the decals on it, and to FIAT is prety simple to paint a car on Ferrari Red :), but one of them are signed by MS, RB and JT, take a look on this Stilo

#43 Beamer

Beamer

• 3,471 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:57

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahem...

quote:
Originally posted by BRG

And...

quote:

;)

ooops.... didn't go back and re-read all posts.... :blush: :blush: