* * * * - 5 votes

S.Q.T. (stupid question thread)

• Please log in to reply
4455 replies to this topic

#4451 f1paul

f1paul

• 6,630 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 10:57

When did starting from the pitlane become an actual penalty rather than something drivers just do if they have a problem that prevents them getting to the grid in time for the race?

I believe it was actually only a few years ago - 2017 maybe.

Because beforehand a engine penalty was just a straight up 10 grid but now the power unit has so many bits and bobs so each bit results in a penalty until they decided that changing the whole power unit adds up to a 30 grid place penalty or something ridiculous so it is easier to say "start from the pitlane" 

Edited by f1paul, 28 April 2019 - 10:59.

Advertisement

#4452 efuloni

efuloni

• 268 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 06:08

How would the budget cap work? I mean, how would they possibly know if a team is spending the right amount? And how would someone prevent the loopholes, like, for example, if Ferrari simply develop some research or part in some other factory, using some budget other than the F1's team and say something like "we got it from Fiat for just 1 dolar"?

#4453 mmmcurry

mmmcurry

• 1,695 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 18:51

After playing GT the other night and doing a race in the reverse direction I wondered if any rear tracks run both ways. The timing stuff should be easy enough to sort out, but I don't know whether things like pit entry and exit as well as track access would cause problems in reverse.

Steve.

#4454 Clatter

Clatter

• 35,073 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 19:19

After playing GT the other night and doing a race in the reverse direction I wondered if any rear tracks run both ways. The timing stuff should be easy enough to sort out, but I don't know whether things like pit entry and exit as well as track access would cause problems in reverse.

Steve.

The biggest issue would be the runoffs.

#4455 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,639 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 19:29

Steve.

Not at the same time as in your question, but Misano is currently run opposite direction that it was used 15 years ago. Not sure which year the change happened exactly...

#4456 PayasYouRace

PayasYouRace
  • RC Forum Host

• 17,650 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 21:46

Steve.

Knockhill does run both ways.

Normal (clockwise): https://www.youtube....h?v=sdfFDLSZslA

Reverse (anticlockwise): https://www.youtube....h?v=GDc2eDrZAnM