Photo

The Pete Fenelon and Michael Catsch (Tuboscocca) Memorial Book Thread

• Please log in to reply
9006 replies to this topic

#9001 SamoanAttorney

SamoanAttorney

• 131 posts

Posted 27 August 2019 - 16:26

It must be the season for new books.............for those who like the thunder of a V8 - the full story of 20 years of Corvette Racing

https://www.silverwo...7I1fPT-bKJYmE4s

If it is as good as the first Corvette book that Nigel wrote it will be well worth the price.

Advertisement

#9002 Regazzoni

Regazzoni

• 2,109 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 07:39

Right - the day draws nigh. The publication date is 2 August, and details are on Amazon; Kindle edition also available. Pleasingly , there are some healthy pre orders as (bizzarely )it is the 7th best selling book on NASCAR this morning , despite only one chapter even being about NASCAR .

Excited  :clap:         

This is a good book, really liked it. John can write. Relaxing and thoughtful read about a shared interest: cars.

PS: The NC500 would best done on motorbike. That's my aim, at least.

#9003 john aston

john aston

• 1,710 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:26

Many thanks - I'm delighted you enjoyed Driven. Just had first review from the magazines -Classic Cars - and it was very positive ,which is nice. I expect more to follow over coming months.   

#9004 Regazzoni

Regazzoni

• 2,109 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:50

Have you come around to review the Gordon Murray door stoppers?

I like your reviews too, I trust them, articulated and to the point.

Many thanks - I'm delighted you enjoyed Driven. Just had first review from the magazines -Classic Cars - and it was very positive ,which is nice. I expect more to follow over coming months.   

#9005 karlcars

karlcars

• 631 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 17:07

Hi Colleagues,

As mentioned earlier I’ve totally updated and overhauled Porsche - Excellence Was Expected, bringing the Porsche story right up to the just-launched Taycan. 

The thing is this: Bentley Publishers are offering a $50.00 discount and free shipping in continental USA. If you order between now and Sept 17, you would get a free promo poster if you live in continental USA.

You just have to mention code EX-19-KEL.

Something to consider perhaps and all my very best,

#9006 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 2,123 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 02:45

Hi Colleagues,

As mentioned earlier I’ve totally updated and overhauled Porsche - Excellence Was Expected, bringing the Porsche story right up to the just-launched Taycan. 

The thing is this: Bentley Publishers are offering a $50.00 discount and free shipping in continental USA. If you order between now and Sept 17, you would get a free promo poster if you live in continental USA.

You just have to mention code EX-19-KEL.

Something to consider perhaps and all my very best,

Mine was delivered last week.

:wave:

#9007 john aston

john aston

• 1,710 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 17:01

Have you come around to review the Gordon Murray door stoppers?

I like your reviews too, I trust them, articulated and to the point.

I am indeed doing the speedreaders review of Gordon Murray's book. I just need a spare week  to read it and to do it justice.

Delighted with the speedreaders review of my own effort  which was posted today