Photo

Jeff Gordon and Mario Andretti become partners

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fastlegs

fastlegs

• 1,984 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:17

I just received an email today from Andretti Racing School which announced that the Jeff Gordon Racing School has just joined forces with the Mario Andretti Racing School.

If you want the thrill of a lifetime then go for a ride in one of their race cars or drive one yourself.

I did a couple of years ago and had a blast. We did 180 mph in a 2 seater Champ car at Las Vegas Speedway.

You can now drive a Formula 2000, Nextel Cup or Indy style race car yourself.

Check out their new website at http://www.andrettigordon.com

Advertisement

#2 Tigershark

Tigershark

• 996 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:02

Sounds great, there's a similar thing here in the Netherlands on Zandvoort where they will take you up to, I think, F3 cars. :)

One question though, I was browsing that site and it said you can "Ride or Drive a Full-size Indy-style race car". Ride or drive? What's the difference in this context? :confused:

#3 Tolyngee

Tolyngee

• 1,352 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:32

Originally posted by Tigershark
Sounds great, there's a similar thing here in the Netherlands on Zandvoort where they will take you up to, I think, F3 cars. :)

One question though, I was browsing that site and it said you can "Ride or Drive a Full-size Indy-style race car". Ride or drive? What's the difference in this context? :confused:

http://www.andrettig...s/indy-cars.php

On that page, notice this image at top-right:

http://www.andrettig...e/images/02.gif

Two-seater, just like Fastlegs said: "We did 180 mph in a 2 seater Champ car at Las Vegas Speedway."

In the specs on that page, it even lists different specs for a single seater versus a two-seater.

If you are the passenger in a two-seater, you are riding in the car, but you are not driving the car.

#4 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 19:33

Is this in Las Vegas? I wonder who bought The Derek Daly Racing School on the same property?

#5 fastlegs

fastlegs

• 1,984 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:22

Originally posted by David M. Kane
Is this in Las Vegas? I wonder who bought The Derek Daly Racing School on the same property?

According to the email I was sent Mario Andretti Racing School just acquired American Racing Academy, formerly the Derek Daly Academy.

I guess Derek must of sold his racing school to the American Racing Academy who in turn sold out to Mario.

This is the race circuit that is located right next to the Las Vegas Speedway.

#6 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 16:34

Fastlegs:

Thanks, I thought Derek had sold it about 1 1/2-2 years ago.