Photo

Lewis Hamilton - Part II

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3976 replies to this topic

#3951 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:04

Half an hour ago Lewis wrote on facebook page *SPOILER ALERT* * SPOILER ALERT* *SPOILER ALERT*

Why?

Why not?

The race is over and if you havent watched it yet then your a fool for going to any F1 or news page where the result is more than likely to have been published.

Advertisement

#3952 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:05

Have they shown any reason for him to think he can win another WDC there though? I'd argue no. If he does go there and the only reason is for money and sponsors, then I will lose a large amount of respect for Hamilton. I don't believe this will be the case though.

Have Ross Brawn, Aldo Costa and GEoff Willis ever shown anything? Is this a serious question on your behalf? Hey, it¨s their third year as a full manufacturer team, they are already at budget cap and there is new era of rules coming. Who else than Ross and Newey can pull of a string of championships?

#3953 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:05

Unless I missed it sky cut off before the photo for some reason.

Interesting in what way?

Apparently jenson and lewis have been a bit frosty all weekend, accordign to James Allen I think. He reckoned it was down to the teeting of the telemetry, personally I doubt jenson would change his behaviour towards lewis because of that but I think lewis is insecure and therefore might find it more difficult with jenson knowing jenson criticised him.

They showed it, or at least a small part of it.

#3954 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:07

Wrong, The 500 mile race at Indianapolis was part of the F1 World Championship for 11 years (1950–1960).

Modern F1 raced on 1/3 of the oval section, its more than "a circuit into an old location", more like dropping circuit into an existing track.

Which is why I said the new circuit. And that was in no way a classic just because it was in Indy.

#3955 jannyg

jannyg

• 2,038 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:08

Well done Lewis. :up:

They've said qualifying pace doesn't matter with race pace, but Hamilton proved them wrong. I have a feeling only he can challenge Alonso till end, and maybe Kimi with him.

Wasnt you saying yesterday that Hamilton doesn't have good race pace and that he never backs up his quali performances??

#3956 Raziel

Raziel

• 2,375 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:09

Ok I understand know. Thanks for explanation :)

#3957 senna da silva

senna da silva

• 5,750 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:09

@F1grid "If Lewis is absolutely committed to winning then he can win in a McLaren." - Ron Dennis #F1

If McLaren is absolutely committed to winning then they can win Lewis Hamilton's services.  ;)

#3958 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,034 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:10

Have Ross Brawn, Aldo Costa and GEoff Willis ever shown anything? Is this a serious question on your behalf? Hey, it¨s their third year as a full manufacturer team, they are already at budget cap and there is new era of rules coming. Who else than Ross and Newey can pull of a string of championships?

You know exactly what I was saying, and it is a fact that Merc have shown no reason to believe that they are about to break through. Maybe it will all fall into place next season, maybe it wont, but for Lewis to go there in the hope that it will would be a poor decision imo.

#3959 OO7

OO7

• 23,378 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:11

You do know they were aware they had been lacking to the others in tyre management and had since updated the car heavily. You can say now they have fixed this issue, but do not pretend as if every time a car is stuck on pole, the race pace and tyre management follow aswell, that's just idiotic

Exactly :up:
Look at Sergio and Fernando in Monza and Seb in Spa.

Edited by Obi Offiah, 09 September 2012 - 15:11.

Advertisement

#3960 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,439 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:13

Unless I missed it sky cut off before the photo for some reason.

Interesting in what way?

Apparently jenson and lewis have been a bit frosty all weekend, accordign to James Allen I think. He reckoned it was down to the teeting of the telemetry, personally I doubt jenson would change his behaviour towards lewis because of that but I think lewis is insecure and therefore might find it more difficult with jenson knowing jenson criticised him.

Sky did show the team photos being taken, although they only showed a snippet.

MW appeared to have his body facing away from Lewis and towards Jenson laughing with the latter with his arm around him, meanwhile Lewis was staring ahead with what appeared to be a forced smile on his lips and he didn't fist pump. If you hadn't watched the race you would be forgiven for thinking that it was Jenson that won the race, and Lewis who retired.

I think you're right about the insecure bit.

Posted Image

Edited by Kvothe, 09 September 2012 - 15:14.

#3961 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:14

If people had watched closely he was hugging and joking with Lewis before he turned to Jenson.

Lewis is just playing it cool.

#3962 meddo

meddo

• 1,679 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:15

You know exactly what I was saying, and it is a fact that Merc have shown no reason to believe that they are about to break through. Maybe it will all fall into place next season, maybe it wont, but for Lewis to go there in the hope that it will would be a poor decision imo.

Somehow, I think that he wants to emulate Schumacher era. And who is better to help him do that than the original forefathers, Ross and Michael. And don¨t forget, McLaren is a motorsport brand, Mercedes is a worldwide brand.
And Michael and Lewis is much much more wet PR dream than Michael und Nico.

#3963 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,439 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:16

I didn't see that part although in my defence browsing multiple web pages and watching the show at the same time mean you miss a few things.

Still thought the body language was interesting.

#3964 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,619 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:17

Somehow, I think that he wants to emulate Schumacher era. And who is better to help him do that than the original forefathers, Ross and Michael. And don¨t forget, McLaren is a motorsport brand, Mercedes is a worldwide brand.
And Michael and Lewis is much much more wet PR dream than Michael und Nico.

That doesn't help one iota when it comes to building championship winning cars.

#3965 alframsey

alframsey

• 5,034 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:17

If people had watched closely he was hugging and joking with Lewis before he turned to Jenson.

Lewis is just playing it cool.

I was watching and I didn't see this, the most I was a pat on the back.

#3966 Boxerevo

Boxerevo

• 3,568 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:21

What Hamilton needs is full support now but i think he knows that will not happen.

Why be so happy if you don't know if things will be right on the next race.

Lewis win,next race lewis dnf,blown tyre,mclaren poor job,maldonado,grosjean...

Hamilton needs that feeling,i can win win win and my team will be fully behind me.

But Button will be always there,like a ghost,a vampire draining his force on the team.

Edited by Boxerevo, 09 September 2012 - 15:23.

#3967 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:23

So he didnt have his arm around him and as he turned away they both had smiles on their faces, Martins was wider the Grand Canyon.

#3968 aray

aray

• 5,779 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:25

yup!..that's what i have seen too...

#3969 OO7

OO7

• 23,378 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:30

That doesn't help one iota when it comes to building championship winning cars.

Bingo! :up:

#3970 robefc

robefc

• 13,533 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:42

http://yfrog.com/oecldjztj

#3971 PEW

PEW

• 1,127 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:45

Thanks for the link robefc -nice pic

#3972 northanmonkee

northanmonkee

• 115 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:46

Posted Image
dont see anything wrong here

#3973 Coops3

Coops3

• 1,841 posts

Sky did show the team photos being taken, although they only showed a snippet.

MW appeared to have his body facing away from Lewis and towards Jenson laughing with the latter with his arm around him, meanwhile Lewis was staring ahead with what appeared to be a forced smile on his lips and he didn't fist pump. If you hadn't watched the race you would be forgiven for thinking that it was Jenson that won the race, and Lewis who retired.

I think you're right about the insecure bit.

To be fair, he is smiling in the picture. I think maybe you're reading too much into it.

#3974 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,439 posts

http://yfrog.com/oecldjztj

:up:

#3975 Kvothe

Kvothe

• 7,439 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:47

To be fair, he is smiling in the picture. I think maybe you're reading too much into it.

yep :)

Just hurry up and re sign Lewis, I'm chasing shadows here.

#3976 jrg19

jrg19

• 6,118 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:47

Guess some peoples sky services block out positive Lewis/Martin actions.

#3977 Mandzipop

Mandzipop
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,146 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 15:48

Topic closed see new thread. http://forums.autosp...howtopic=173838