* * * * * 15 votes

Kimi Raikkonen Announced for Ferrari 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1617 replies to this topic

#501 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:23

ok folks, major information package coming from our dear journalist Leo Turini regarding the chronology of events that transpired in the Eventual return of The Blond' to the prancing horse stable

rough translation using google and bing, i'll include my understanding into places where the translation is a bit iffy  :kiss:

HERE are all the secrets to kimi - leo turini

And now let's go.

1) In June of 2012, while I was in Poland for the European Football Championship , I hear that Raikkonen has offered his service to ferrari. . At the time seemed imminent firing  of massa , so the blond has made ​​his move with timely effectiveness.

2 ) In July of 2012, before leaving for the London Olympics , I go to dinner with Stefano Domenicali . The other two diners were my lady and Fernando Alonso , who was celebrating his birthday.

3 ) We agreed ( conditio sine qua non , that we are here ourselves) that we would not have talked about F1. And so it was . With one exception. I asked Fernando: if in the future you have a chance of getting Raikkonen as your team mate, would you take it??? 

4 ) Response Alonso : It is not true that I am scare, all the mess with Hamilton was born because the entire team was deployed with him. If Kimi came here I would not have any problems, we think. we respect each other , then you'll  see who goes on the race track faster .

5) Also in the summer. Domenicali had two meetings with the Holy Drinker . There was an agreement in principle , as I was told in London during the final basketball game between US- Spain .

6) But it lacked the presidential ratification . Montezemolo was not opposed to the idea , but not enthusiastic. There he and I saw each other at a  late summer afternoon , when the seat of Massa still dancing. Claiming  innocence , i threw the name of the Blond before him . The president was very honest : '' not now , he said, now would be premature.''

7) And so in practice a year passes . Incidentally, here as well , for a long time , has been made a lot of confusion epilogue of the first experience of Raikkonen in Maranello . It 's true that it was decided to focus on Alonso , another sample. An Option that's not scandalous , if one thinks without prejudices . But it is not true that Ferrari has ' disgraced ' Kimi , this is a fantasy of utter idiots. . It 'was the media circus, the waiters that took action , imagining that to please the boss . The servants never fail , but to say that the jokes di Montezemolo made on the ' Phantom twin of kimi raiiknen ' (which he also did with massa BTW  ;) ) were offensive is ridiculous, then what should people say about Alonso after the presidents comment post Hungary this year ' ?

8) By the way, I knew that Domenicali was always kept in touch with Raikkonen , even when the Blond was cheerfully in the rally.

9) in 2013, the beginning of July . The rumor spread that Raikkonen has signed for Red Bull (who sponsored their rallying ) . I meet the Dom and I inquire concerning this hypothesis. He looks at me and laughs. I do not understand . Tell me why guffaws , I ask him . Answer: for now just know that only the Red Bull wants him seriously, but he has not signed and I think he will not sign it. Not for them .

10) At this point , things are made ​​(finally!) to run. I know that Alonso was informed before the Hungary . He was told that this was the intention of the Scuderia , that there was a negotiation in progress and that the Ferrari was expected that Fernando would honor its commitment to long-term whoever was designated as his partner.

11) Alonso said: works for me . If you think seriously or not is another matter , however, and we'll find out just living .

12) In Budapest Raikkonen has signed a preliminary contract for the 2014-2015 period . The document was subject to the final approval of the president Montezemolo .

13) I have written to you the famous story del'usato safe during the break in August. On my paper column i have been more explicit , calling it as 'done'. I took a big risk , but I knew I could trust . And it was very funny, in the following weeks , encounter , at every level, the incredulity of those who just wanted to be there (to publish it beforehand) , couldn't accept it, would go back now untenable judgement, etc.

14) When the article was on my papers with the announcement of the return of Raikkonen, there was a line to the beginning of the piece: Montezemolo decided. The President made me call his emissary, to inform me that they had not yet decided. I sent an sms. Text: and then decide, this is the right thing to do and she knows very well.

15) L ' made ​​it.

16) in conclusion, the Patagonia is the ideal place for those who must be prepared to play from goaltender in ice hockey team of Fanano. (i have no idea what it means  :stoned:) 

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

so this was the whole encounter and list of events according to leo Turini

couple of points

1. Fernando at no point objected the return of Kimi to the scuderia although he would've prefered to have someone like Massa to be his team mate.

2. the tension between Alonso and LDM has nothing to do with kimi's arrival, although it didn't help i guess in calming down the tension.

3. SD always maintained close contact with KR. also the perception of the relation between KR and LDM are quite different to what people outside the scuderia believes it to be.

leo turini said in the end that in a couple of days he'll tell us more detail regarding the events related to KR's movement to scuderia ferrari.  

Edited by eronrules, 12 September 2013 - 05:26.

Advertisement

#502 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,395 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:33

also, it's funny to see people also didn't believe Leo turini's news as they didn't believe Pekka Franck. here's another post in which he takes his revenge on the doubters 

KIMI To Ferrari ... I told you - leo turini

The take from afar.

A year ago, these days, I met casually the bloggaro Mazgiorg.

I told him: you know that there is a hair of a chance that Kimi was on the verge of returning to Ferrari?

Mazgiorg took me to crazy.

Two months ago I wrote, here and elsewhere, that Kimi COULD go back to Maranello, instead.

And I have been taken for crazy.

Less than a month ago, here and on my papers in a more explicit way , I wrote that Kimi HAD SIGNED for Ferrari.

And still do not believe me, with people still in the Monza weekend strumming the name of Hulkenberg.

In short, it is better to trust who knows things and people too.

#503 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:03

Its funny that the British press still thinks that the contract was signed only a few days ago while Pekka and Leo say that it was already signed more than a month ago.

So many contradicting stories.

#504 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,151 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:06

Its funny that the British press still thinks that the contract was signed only a few days ago while Pekka and Leo say that it was already signed more than a month ago.

yeah, Kimi admitted talks had been going on for long time.

#505 aliroy

aliroy

• 19 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:10

Interesting that these deals have come from a long path but the tabloid media made out it happened over night with Alonso being a 'cry baby' etc. Nice to know Alonso is ok with Kimi being a team mate. All I want to see is wheel-to-wheel Ferraris in every race! They can both prove their doubters wrong by doing that.

#506 Lone

Lone

• 1,122 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:26

9) in 2013, the beginning of July . The rumor spread that Raikkonen has signed for Red Bull (who sponsored their rallying ) . I meet the Dom and I inquire concerning this hypothesis. He looks at me and laughs. I do not understand . Tell me why guffaws , I ask him . Answer: for now just know that only the Red Bull wants him seriously, but he has not signed and I think he will not sign it. Not for them .

This I find interesting. Domenicali saying that RBR wanted Kimi seriously but he believed Kimi would sign for another team instead (read Ferrari). Was Kimis first option the Ferrari seat and not the RBR seat?

#507 Lee Nicolle

Lee Nicolle

• 11,069 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:32

Interesting that these deals have come from a long path but the tabloid media made out it happened over night with Alonso being a 'cry baby' etc. Nice to know Alonso is ok with Kimi being a team mate. All I want to see is wheel-to-wheel Ferraris in every race! They can both prove their doubters wrong by doing that.

If Kimi starts beating him I suspect Alonso may start not being ok with this deal. It will be interesting.

#508 nectar

nectar

• 97 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:34

I have my own theories about Kimis first Ferrari stint, backed by no sources at all, and one of them is that Ferrari was ill prepared to have a driver that wasn't Schumacher. He left a hole Kimi could/wouldn't fill - a square peg in a round hole, so to speak - which led the team to doubt Kimis feedback because it wasn't delivered the way it used to be. I think Ferrari didn't begin to understand Kimi until late 2009, and by then it was too late and decisions had already been made. I'm not one of those that think that Schumacher deliberately sabotaged Kimi, but I think keeping MS around led to a unclear situation. Too many cooks.

Exactly my feelings as well, couldn't have summarized better myself. I mean time cannot repeat itself with the exact same forms. Ferrari were expecting something from Kimi that isn't in his nature and that was their mistake. Kimi is Kimi and not Schumacher, but in the end he delivered a title for them in his own way. He can get the job done. He's just not Schumacher. 

Edited by nectar, 12 September 2013 - 07:50.

#509 autosportfan

autosportfan

• 593 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:35

This I find interesting. Domenicali saying that RBR wanted Kimi seriously but he believed Kimi would sign for another team instead (read Ferrari). Was Kimis first option the Ferrari seat and not the RBR seat?

To me it has been clear for sometime that Kimi wanted to drive for Ferrari first, RBR was a second option for what ever reasons...

#510 Radion

Radion

• 2,524 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:39

I know Alonso ok, I think, I know he is a smart guy who is quite aware of his capabilities of who he can beat and who can't so well and in my view, I am pretty sure he feels good about his situation with Kimi and history is squarely on his side. I know some people want to enjoy the possibilities and underplay history,  but the logic conclusions when analyzing driver's history are right there for anyone to see. Of course, There is always the chance of history being different, but for that happen indicators need to change, Kimi, in my view, would have to change his approach, start caring about every detail, every aspect of racing, which he has not cared about in order to step up his overall level.   

As an F1 fan I am happy, I don't think it is a bad move by Ferrari either way, Massa was simply not delivering top tier performance on races and Kimi even if beaten, will not play politics or try to destabilize the team like other top drivers, so is a win/win for Ferrari.

You're right, history ist right there for anyone to see. 

So, how come you thinkg what happened in 2007 won't repeat itself? History shows, if alonso has to face an equaly fast teammate, he has tendecy to go full ******.

You have to look at the situation from this angle: Kimi has nothing to lose. People like you expect him to get beaten anyway. If the beats alonso, he'll be the one who beat the 'most complete' driver, if he doesn't, well, everyone was expecting that.   ;)

But he already worked with ferrari back then. He knows what he wants and ferrari now know how to deal with kimi.

#511 K-One

K-One

• 6,248 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:42

Looking forward to 2014, the battles between Iceman and Fireman

#512 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:44

I think both versions could be actually right. What I understand from Turrini's blog is that what Räikkönen signed in July was a pre-contract (precontratto), not a contract.

#513 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:51

I think both versions could be actually right. What I understand from Turrini's blog is that what Räikkönen signed in July was a pre-contract (precontratto), not a contract.

But why do some peeps (I think it was AMuS) say that Hulkie was the favourite and Kimi only the third option?

#514 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:51

Me too. I contract might be something related to reserved dates/deadlines.

Like driver X will receive Y amount for waiting to hear our proposal / not sign a contract for 2014 with another team until a given deadline.

IMO, Vettel also signed one of these before w/ Ferrari.

#515 artista

artista
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,677 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:59

But why do some peeps (I think it was AMuS) say that Hulkie was the favourite and Kimi only the third option?

As I understand it, what they think is that, at the beginning, Räikkönen was the third option and became the first option once the whole mess grew up in Ferrari. And I think (I think, I can't know it for sure) the reason why they believe it is that they know Hülkie had signed that contract.

If the AMuS guys knew Hülkenberg had signed (they never say Ferrari had signed, they say Nico had), I can understand they were reluctant to believe there was another driver who had also signed more or less at the same time.

#516 DrF

DrF

• 2,581 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:04

Chances are that Alonso will have the upper hand in 2014 and if necessary, Kimi will let him past, if he really is faster at that stage of a race or the championship.

Whether the Samurai will do the same if Kimi gets ahead in the championship or is faster in a race remains to be seen.

I think Ferrari will have a good car next year. They have Byrne, they have Allison and they have bags of loot.

All they need to do now is listen to both their drivers and build a car which suits both their styles.

Allison has worked with both drivers in the past and they have both driven for the team for a long time, so it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

#517 Jvr

Jvr

• 7,598 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:10

First, thank you eronrules for the Turrini latest entry translation. It is very interesting reading.

Second, since Leo Turrini's credibility on the topic has now been established, let's concentrate a little bit further on this:

... but this is not what Leo is actually saying. He said earlier and again in this entry that eronrules translated, that Alonso had been informed and he had said that he's got no problems. However, Leo Turrini also makes it very clear that at the time of writing (30th of July) he did not know if Alonso was telling the truth rather than hinted that he believed Alonso is not saying what he really thinks.

Then comes Turrini's entry after the Spa where he is commenting Alonso's reaction to Kimi negotiations.

"After that, there is the human speech.

I want to be transparent.

Me too, in place of Alonso, would be annoyed by the idea of Ferrari (the unholy idea, my opinion is very well known) to bring home Kimi.

But I, if I were in place of Alonso, I'd ask more questions.

Given the results (especially 2010 and 2012) I have delivered, on a personal level I mean, do I not get along beside competitive teammate?

And what is the point that when I'm giving as much to Ferrari and I've received a lot, I will react with so much trouble to a market transaction that is in the logic of things?

Is it not true that in recent years Webber won races for Red Bull, Button for McLaren when there was now in Hamilton and Rosberg Mercedes still with Hamilton?

Boh.

I have a dream. He (Alonso) does not have it. We'll see how it goes.
"

So Alonso, according to Turrini, has clearly been not satisfied with Kimi's arrival but seems now have accepted the inevitable.

Edited by Jvr, 12 September 2013 - 08:16.

#518 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:17

If i was Hulkenberg i think the first contract i'd be signing is one with the Robertsons  :lol:

#519 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:22

Dimi PAPADOPOULOS @f1enigma
Autosprint suggests that Smedley is on his way to Williams. Guess that Slade might be on his way to Ferrari?

Advertisement

#520 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:26

I'm finding it really weird that everyone is obsessing about who is number 1 and number 2 and whether one will let the other pass. It's almost like you _want_ one of them to be mathematically out of the fight just to see some drama.

It's in our best interest to see a long drawn out and fair fight all the way to the end with both of them within reach of the trophy at the last race. the question of who will let who past or any political favoritism within the team should be last on our minds if we want to see some good _racing_. If you enjoy coming on here and arguing about drama between the two, more than enjoying the actual racing itself, then there are some good soap operas on television that you should watch instead of watching motor racing.

#521 xman

xman

• 853 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:36

Now I know why Kimi said in July that his 2014 decision may look stupid to outsiders :-)

Who'd have guessed Kimi is walking straight to Alonsoland where Alonso has the team completely wrapped around him.. bold, very bold move.

#522 swerved

swerved

• 3,895 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:38

Spa, 2014, Kimi in Red, whats not to like ?  :clap:

#523 BobSugar

BobSugar

• 27 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:46

Autosprint suggests that Smedley is on his way to Williams. Guess that Slade might be on his way to Ferrari?

Slade with Kimi to Ferrari and Smedley with Massa to Williams then. That makes Sense!

#524 w00dy

w00dy

• 1,306 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:50

Now I know why Kimi said in July that his 2014 decision may look stupid to outsiders :-)

Who'd have guessed Kimi is walking straight to Alonsoland where Alonso has the team completely wrapped around him.. bold, very bold move.

There are many sides on why he chose Ferrari. Money, next year prospects (Allison, engine etc) and the teammate/team alignment.

On the latter: He did not choose Red Bull with Vettel, maybe because he does not believe in equal treatment there. Horner can spew his fairness-racing attitude all he wants, but there is Marko and a 3 (4) times champion within the team and even in 2010 Webber did not get his chance in the end.

On the other hand there is friction between LdM and Alonso, Kimi is the last WDC for Ferrari, maybe he feels this is a more even ground than playing second fiddle to fingerboy

#525 Shiroo

Shiroo

• 4,012 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:52

hmm why Allison is so often mentioned with Kimi. I mean they worked together only 2 years.

Both of them are great assets to any team, but do they have some special teamwork? As far as I can recall Kimi even once mentioned that he didn't have plenty of time to talk with James

#526 V3TT3L

V3TT3L

• 1,681 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:00

Smedley expressed his wishes to move over to a more senior position, leaving his current position of Chief Track Engineer.

#527 northell

northell

• 137 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:04

hmm why Allison is so often mentioned with Kimi. I mean they worked together only 2 years.
Both of them are great assets to any team, but do they have some special teamwork? As far as I can recall Kimi even once mentioned that he didn't have plenty of time to talk with James

Well i think it is because if you cant have newey james is the next choise. Maybe kimi thinks that allison can make a good car? I dunno just guessing.

#528 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:10

Boullier says Raikkonen simply wanted the end his Formula 1 career with a challenge.

"It wasn't just the financial aspect," said Boullier, "I think he is also thinking about his retirement, although definitely he will be better paid at Ferrari.

"I think there is also an emotional side about wanting to end his career at Ferrari. Then there is the ego side -- I guess he wants to compete on equal terms with Alonso," he added.

#529 bsrf1

bsrf1

• 91 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:12

http://formula1.ferr...news/domenicali

but we also have first hand information from James Allison, as to how much the Finn has also progressed in this area over the past two years.

#530 boldhakka

boldhakka

• 2,802 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:15

Two years is not a short time. And James clearly understands Kimi's requirements, which is more than can be said about the engineers at Ferrari during his last stint.

Q: What’s the latest on Raikkonen’s steering set-up - do we have it exactly as he likes it yet?
JA: Unfortunately it is not a fix as simple as reversing the switches on the steering wheel! Our latest set-up now gives Kimi sufficient assistance in the high speed, high load corners, but we still have yet to give him a power steering unit which offers the finesse he wants. We’re making progress in this area, but the way Kimi drives the car is to find the limit on the front axle and then adjust the car very delicately around that limit; he can only do that if the steering is giving him exquisite feedback. We are working hard to provide him with perfect equipment so that he can deliver those last few tenths in qualifying.

#531 Artkab2013

Artkab2013

• 233 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:18

ok folks, major information package coming from our dear journalist Leo Turini regarding the chronology of events that transpired in the Eventual return of The Blond' to the prancing horse stable

rough translation using google and bing, i'll include my understanding into places where the translation is a bit iffy  :kiss:

So media war has begun. Ferrari pretends Kimi's return has nothing to do with recent ALonso behavior. Hmmmm.  ;)

Edited by Artkab2013, 12 September 2013 - 11:55.

#532 Vesuvius

Vesuvius

• 14,151 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:31

yes Kimi and Ferrari signed at the end of july, but the last details of the contract were only set this week. Hulkenberg was Ferrari´s first choice until Hungary when Kimi´s camp approached Ferrari (because talks with RBR were not moving forward), Domenicali instantly wanted Kimi and was able to convince Di Montezemolo.

#533 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:52

Kimi on £20m I saw.  Impressive.

So now all we need is a stinker from Newey and next year looks set to be epic :smoking: .

#534 Adelaide

Adelaide

• 281 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:59

yes Kimi and Ferrari signed at the end of july, but the last details of the contract were only set this week. Hulkenberg was Ferrari´s first choice until Hungary when Kimi´s camp approached Ferrari (because talks with RBR were not moving forward), Domenicali instantly wanted Kimi and was able to convince Di Montezemolo.

So you're saying that RBR was Kimi's first choice? Interesting. As a Kimi fan I think I actually am more excited about him going to Ferrari. Will be interesting to see if more details come out during the Singapore weekend.

#535 icecream_man

icecream_man

• 1,031 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:59

Kimi on £20m I saw.  Impressive.

So now all we need is a stinker from Newey and next year looks set to be epic :smoking: .

I doubt very much that Newey will produce a "stinker".... BUT... it's quite possible with the dramatic rule changes that he'll produce a car which initially has reliability issues from past experience

#536 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:08

I doubt very much that Newey will produce a "stinker".... BUT... it's quite possible with the dramatic rule changes that he'll produce a car which initially has reliability issues from past experience

Well we can only wish as hard as we can.  The thing is to have Nando and Kimi fighting for wins not podiums.  OK podiums if it's Lewis who's driven into the distance with his extra 100 hp :p , otherwise we just want maximum intensity in the Nando/Kimi camp.

And hopefully Ferrari will be rewarded with loads of positive attention and encourage other teams to pair two top guys.

#537 Sabre1977

Sabre1977

• 617 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:08

In fact, He work alongside Alonso two years too (in 2005 y 2006)

#538 DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

• 4,459 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:34

Awesome news. Hopefully this pairing will bring out the very best from both drivers!

#539 F.M.

F.M.

• 5,577 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:36

Uh-oh, we've just been called to the Principal's office... #NaughtyBunnies #F1

:rotfl:

Advertisement

#540 kimister

kimister

• 2,979 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:41

And now let's go.

Thank you, eronrules  :up:

I think it is  clear what Leo Turrini said in this article and Pekka Franck reported almost a month ago fit to each other perfectly (I assume Franck' source wasn't Turrini at the first place  :p ) It's also logical.

Kimi had negotiated with both Ferrari and Red Bull.

Ferrari had negotiated with both Kimi and Hulkenberg.

Ferrari gave Kimi a contract that meet the expectations of him during Hungary weekend and he signed it. (Then, we witnessed the reaction of Alonso to situation clearly and he also possibly  thought if Kimi goes to Ferrari , Red Bull seat can be available and Why shouldn't I sit at that precious seat ? :lol: ). However,I guess di Montezemolo still had some suspects at that time , but since Domenicali wanted Kimi from all the beginning, he convinced his boss and he finally put his name on the contract.

Therefore,  Iam not sure there was a pre-contract all along. It is possible there was only one contract that was waiting to be signed by both parties.Then, voilà ! we have a deal between Kimi and Ferrrari  :clap: 

#541 kimister

kimister

• 2,979 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:06

But then I read this , I am a bit confused  :confused: http://www.suomif1.c...toa-ja-sai-sen/

It reports that at the start of the negotiations, Luca had a private meeting with Kimi and there he apologized personally from Kimi for what happened at 2009. According to news, it was a condition or wish (apology ) coming from Kimi's side and After that the negotiations could continue and could be finalized. 

It seems Luca was willing to make deal with Kimi from the beginning. then why did it take so long to seal the deal ?  The health problem of Robertson can be a factor related with this situation? 

What do you think ?

#542 intelligentsia

intelligentsia

• 2,407 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:07

There are many sides on why he chose Ferrari. Money, next year prospects (Allison, engine etc) and the teammate/team alignment.

On the latter: He did not choose Red Bull with Vettel, maybe because he does not believe in equal treatment there. Horner can spew his fairness-racing attitude all he wants, but there is Marko and a 3 (4) times champion within the team and even in 2010 Webber did not get his chance in the end.

On the other hand there is friction between LdM and Alonso, Kimi is the last WDC for Ferrari, maybe he feels this is a more even ground than playing second fiddle to fingerboy

I dont think Red Bull was ever truly on the cards for Kimi. Didn't Marko himself said as much? Marko has already stated that they will be taking point from each other and that Red Bull decided to go against this strategy. It was never about deciding which driver is the best, it has always been about choosing a racing philosophy. Red Bull where not willing to go down that road whereas Ferrari have chosen the opposite. 

It has been said that Kimi has a high regard for Alison, and Alison although he didn't work with Kimi that long also has a high regard for Kimi. James Allen did a podcast with Alison where he spoke very highly of Kimi. 

#543 TT6

TT6

• 3,571 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:20

I don't think asking for an apology would be typical behaviour of Räikkönen. Don't think it's customary in Finnish thinking at all. Furthermore how would this kind of forgiveness beggin' session come into public knowledge? I think this 20 million apology is good enough.

Edited by TT6, 12 September 2013 - 11:21.

#544 Jvr

Jvr

• 7,598 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:36

I don't think asking for an apology would be typical behaviour of Räikkönen. Don't think it's customary in Finnish thinking at all. Furthermore how would this kind of forgiveness beggin' session come into public knowledge? I think this 20 million apology is good enough.

I have my doubts as well. More likely it is that Kimi has wanted one to one with Luca to make sure past is past and if he joins, it will be from a fresh table.

#545 kimister

kimister

• 2,979 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:37

Kolumnit | Turun Sanomat 08:05

And around we go…. but who would had believed, that after year 2009 Kimi Räikkönen and Luca di Montezemolo would shake hands upon a new contract.

’’Never say never’’ is something Steve Robertson has told me over and over again when chatting about next year’s options, since at first I refused to believe in the Ferrari-rumours.

As far as I understand, Red Bull started to procrastinate their driver choice and would had made their decision at the end of the season. Räikkönen didn’t stay put waiting for that.

Fernando Alonso has tried to bring the title to Maranello for his 4th year. Räikkönen again comes to the team as their latest champion.

Maybe this made di Montezemolo react in this way. He knows what a 21-years long remorse trip á la Canossa from year 1979 to year 2000 without a title feels like. Now he has walked that path for almost a one-third.

Räikkönen beats Alonso at least when it comes to patience. Alonso started to show signs of frustration in July and he didn’t hide his critisism towards the team from the media.

Hence many believe that calling back Räikkönen to Ferrari is a certain disciplinary action for the Spanish star. Alonso has to learn the hard way that no driver is bigger than the team. The real boss is still Enzo Ferrari in some way, who’s guideline di Montezemolo still follows to the letter.

Next year Alonso’s and Räikkönen’s mutual battle starts from a clean table – equally.

Turun Sanomat

HEIKKI KULTA

http://www.ts.fi/moo...Never say never

http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=2898

Edited by kimister, 12 September 2013 - 11:40.

#546 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:40

For subscribers

What Raikkonen has to do

It's the big F1 news of the moment, but there will be hard work ahead for the renewed Kimi Raikkonen-Ferrari partnership. JONATHAN NOBLE looks at what could make or break the new alliance 

#547 kimister

kimister

• 2,979 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:49

Summary supplied by our foreign correspondent:

– It’s good this way. I’m really happy that we got things cleared up. It’s better to be in a big team due to next year’s radical regulation changes – like we have seen during the years, Räikkönen assures TS.

Steve Robertson emphasizes that Räikkönen made one of all time’s comebacks when he returned with Lotus.

– I never asked Kimi to return. It was he who wanted to come back. I never said it to him, but I thought he was too young to quit in 2009. I was surprised when he contacted me and told he wanted to return. I thought it could be difficult, especially since Michael Schumacher was at the same time in trouble after his comeback.

– We managed to get him into good positions and then Kimi made a completely fantastic comeback, which now leads back to Ferrari, Robertson said.

http://www.ts.fi/moo...tomullistuksiin

http://www.racingnerds.com/?p=2894

Edited by kimister, 12 September 2013 - 11:50.

#548 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:57

Ex-Ferrari chief says Kimi Raikkonen not the right man for F1 team

Kimi Raikkonen is not the right man for Ferrari, reckons its former sporting director Cesare Fiorio.

With Ferrari having elected to rehire the Finn for next season as Felipe Massa's replacement, Fiorio thinks that the outfit may have been better off taking a youngster with more potential for the future.

#549 OSX

OSX

• 4,877 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:58

But then I read this , I am a bit confused  :confused: http://www.suomif1.c...toa-ja-sai-sen/

It reports that at the start of the negotiations, Luca had a private meeting with Kimi and there he apologized personally from Kimi for what happened at 2009. According to news, it was a condition or wish (apology ) coming from Kimi's side and After that the negotiations could continue and could be finalized. 

It seems Luca was willing to make deal with Kimi from the beginning. then why did it take so long to seal the deal ?  The health problem of Robertson can be a factor related with this situation? 

What do you think ?

I do not doubt that such a meeting has had to haven taken place in light of what happened in 2009. F1 contracts are very complex stacks of papers and it tends to take weeks to get all the details right. However there's conflicting information about this out there and I think that even if the deal was finalized some time ago I'm absolutely certain that Kimi's camp is reluctant to admit it. See the humorous tweet from Lotus about the two bunnies at it and you see why. It signals that the Lotus top brass now feels that Kimi's camp has been dishonest about the situation for quite some time now. That they feel betrayed. It is only natural that Kimi and the Robertsons don't want them to think this way. Pekka Franck also told that Kimi got to decide when his deal with Ferrari will be announced and given how right Franck has been about everything there's no reason to doubt he's right about that as well. From the point of view of Kimi it is not difficult to see why he wouldn't have wanted to rush the announcement. It was not in interests of neither Kimi himself nor the financially compromised Lotus team to get that information out there earlier. Not that it was in the hands of Lotus as they didn't know about it but the delayed announcement did serve them too even if they feel slightly betrayed.

#550 Zesus

Zesus

• 958 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:02

I don't really care what others have to say about KR-FA driver lineup. There is a reason why current Ferrari went for it and they know the best.

I still doubt that Fernando is ok with this, but I want to believe he'll be fine with it and there won't be any troubles. I want to believe in this driver lineup because Kimi and Fernando are incredible drivers. If they work together as a team, other can say goodbye to their chances in WCC.