Photo

Silverstone Advice

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 heroes

heroes

• 31 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 22:20

I have a few questions for those who know silverstone well.

I have just been there this weekend for the GT event, and loved the open paddock ( shame normal fans get no where near in F1 )

I have general admission tickets for this years F1. Having found a spot that i particulaly liked, located just before the bridge but after farm seating- i think. Thats about the best i can describe it, aside that its not terrased or seating, its basically a gravel mix under foot. I wondered if anyone knew if it would be available for this ticket range. Also if there would be a tv in sight (I would like to aviod paying for kangeroo, but would be v.confused without, if the weekend is anything to go by)

Does anyone know what day of the week the F1 circus gets to the circuit, I would like to go down and get some pictures of the trucks and personel, given that I wont get close over the weekend.

Is there anyway of getting autographs from drivers or members of the team, is there a place or time over the weekend, or am i being stupid.

Also given that iv got general admission how early will i need to arrive to geet a good spot?

Thank you

(i know im earl asking these things, but im very excited)

Advertisement

#2 y2cragie

y2cragie

• 271 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 22:24

I have a few questions for those who know silverstone well.

I have just been there this weekend for the GT event, and loved the open paddock ( shame normal fans get no where near in F1 )

I have general admission tickets for this years F1. Having found a spot that i particulaly liked, located just before the bridge but after farm seating- i think. Thats about the best i can describe it, aside that its not terrased or seating, its basically a gravel mix under foot. I wondered if anyone knew if it would be available for this ticket range. Also if there would be a tv in sight (I would like to aviod paying for kangeroo, but would be v.confused without, if the weekend is anything to go by)

Does anyone know what day of the week the F1 circus gets to the circuit, I would like to go down and get some pictures of the trucks and personel, given that I wont get close over the weekend.

Is there anyway of getting autographs from drivers or members of the team, is there a place or time over the weekend, or am i being stupid.

Also given that iv got general admission how early will i need to arrive to geet a good spot?

Thank you

(i know im earl asking these things, but im very excited)

For that one spot, very early if its even avaliable. During testing we got there early and that area was taken up with vendors and burger vans last year, and the open spots in the fence were all gone quickly.

#3 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,728 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 22:35

Some drivers have made brief appearances on the team stands in the past, but I've never been in the right place at the right time. BMW pitlane was a good place to get close to some ex-drivers, Mansell and Herbert plus others. Don't know if the pitlane is there this year, wasnt last year.

For GA you need to be up very early. I think the gates open at around 4am and there are people streaming in. Best spots will certainly be gone well before 6am. I'm not sure that the area you are talking about is actually available.

#4 heroes

heroes

• 31 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 23:02

They open as early as 4am?

Thats fine, what about the day al the stuff arrives?

#5 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,728 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 23:24

Can't answer that one. I just do the Friday to Sunday, not one for hanging around the gates in the hope of spotting someone.

#6 Scorg

Scorg

• 2,693 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 23:24

This year is different to last year, in that last year all the trucks were already there due to the mid season test being conducted prior to the race itself.
But at a rough estimate, I would say tuesday maybe the day they will arrive.

I hope this older image can help in regard to your planned spot and where the tv screens are.
http://www.londonsig...one-circuit.jpg

#7 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 23:30

If you're camping at the main golf course park with the lake (is it litchlake?) most of the drivers stop at the big posh hotel there so if you hang around outside you see most of the drivers, I think I've seen Massa, piquet, Alonso, Heidfeld, Sato, davidson, glock, berger, most stop and sign autographs.

Edited by Anomnader, 06 May 2009 - 23:31.

#8 fifi

fifi

• 12,423 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:14

If you're camping at the main golf course park with the lake (is it litchlake?) most of the drivers stop at the big posh hotel there so if you hang around outside you see most of the drivers, I think I've seen Massa, piquet, Alonso, Heidfeld, Sato, davidson, glock, berger, most stop and sign autographs.

your thinking of Whittlebury Hall i tink

#9 blackmme

blackmme

• 998 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:58

For GA you need to be up very early. I think the gates open at around 4am and there are people streaming in. Best spots will certainly be gone well before 6am. I'm not sure that the area you are talking about is actually available.

Gates open at 5am on race day and to nail that spot your going to need to be standing at the gate somewhere near the front of the queue at 5 (and yep there will be a queue!).
There will also probably be someone in that queue who considers it 'their' spot, petty little turf wars are not unknown!

Regards Mike

#10 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,728 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:13

Gates open at 5am on race day and to nail that spot your going to need to be standing at the gate somewhere near the front of the queue at 5 (and yep there will be a queue!).
There will also probably be someone in that queue who considers it 'their' spot, petty little turf wars are not unknown!

Regards Mike

Knew it was early, but couldn't remember the exact time. I know by 6 it's already looking full, the best spots are gone and there are still people streaming in.

#11 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 13:31

The area normally occupied by the pitlane park has a Porsche driving experience centre on it these days.

I think Silverstone is lining itself up to fill the place full of grandstand seating this year, take bucketloads of cash, get too many people in and who cares if there are complaints about mud and traffic?

Considering the way they have been treated I'm not surprised, good on them and all, but it's why I'll not be going.

There were three more grandstands there last weekend than I remember from two years ago, including the new VIP stuff at Vale.

#12 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,728 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 18:08

The area normally occupied by the pitlane park has a Porsche driving experience centre on it these days.

I think Silverstone is lining itself up to fill the place full of grandstand seating this year, take bucketloads of cash, get too many people in and who cares if there are complaints about mud and traffic?

Considering the way they have been treated I'm not surprised, good on them and all, but it's why I'll not be going.

There were three more grandstands there last weekend than I remember from two years ago, including the new VIP stuff at Vale.

They put a new one in at club last year. It was still being finished on the Friday. Where are the other 2?

#13 Bumper

Bumper

• 1,967 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 21:33

Heroes, first of all Silverstone radio is your friend if there's no screen near you and you don't want to splash out on Kangaroo, it's excellent commentary and at least you'll know where everyone is on the track and what's happening.

For the most popular spots, you'll need to arrive *really* early if you want a great spot and are bringing your lawnchairs. I don't know about Bridge as I've never stood in that spot but we're always at Becketts every year and we usually rock up at about 10am (due to the trains not running before 8am on Sundays from London :rolleyes: )and this year we stood front row with our noses to the fence with the cars screaming past us like 20 yards away so it is possible.

As for driver sightings, team members, trucks etc, don't know about Thu or Fridays, but usually after the race on Sunday they open up the infield for a band performance. Straight after the race (don't wait) instead of walking towards the band area after reaching the infield, if you turn right passing the support paddock, at the end of the lane there's a little cafe thing. If you turn right there and ....er....<cough> negotiate a fence you reach the back of the F1 paddock where you can peer between the fence and look right into the paddock. The Ferrari and McLaren motorhomes back out there and we were lucky enough to chat to about 6 Ferrari mechanics who got us Kimi's sig, Kimi himself waved to us and we saw Alonso, Lewis and Button walking past. We didn't have time to wait or would have got more. I realise that's the poor man's version of the Paddock Club but hey it's better than nothing.

Have fun :)

#14 MLC

MLC

• 537 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:58

I will be in London over the GP weekend. I'd like to go to Silverstone on the Saturday and Sunday. Is there a train? If so, can I walk from the station or would I need to take a bus or shuttle? I won't have a hire car.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

#15 Scotracer

Scotracer
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,771 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:39

When I was General Admission at Silverstone (back in '04) I sat at Copse for Practice and Quali then Club for the race. Unfortunately they have since made Copse a Bronze area so GA wont get you in there.

This year I've shelled out and bought a Pit Straight A gold ticket. Can't wait :D

#16 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:54

They put a new one in at club last year. It was still being finished on the Friday. Where are the other 2?

Along hanger straight. There have always been ones around the corner, but now there are a couple along the straight too.

#17 blackmme

blackmme

• 998 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 13:25

Along hanger straight. There have always been ones around the corner, but now there are a couple along the straight too.

Hey Buttoneer, is the GA raised spectator banking between Stowe and Vale still there do you know? This is my favourite spot and I'm a bit worried that the new stand at Vale has been plonked on top of it!

Any recce information would be gratefully received.

Regards Mike

#18 eliteboy2780

eliteboy2780

• 95 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 16:10

Hey Buttoneer, is the GA raised spectator banking between Stowe and Vale still there do you know? This is my favourite spot and I'm a bit worried that the new stand at Vale has been plonked on top of it!

Any recce information would be gratefully received.

Regards Mike

the new stand at vale is in place of the reduced hospitality area on the hosp bank

#19 ingsy

ingsy

• 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 11:14

Sorry to hi-jack this thread, but I wasn't sure if I should start a new one.

I'm off to Silverstone this year, for the first time. Am camping at Whittlebury park as it's so close to the circuit. Has anyone else stayed here before? I hope I've made a good choice :)

I've got GA tickets for all three days. I figured I'd spend the friday wandering round and watching from various points and taking photos. Saturday & sunday will be spent watching from one place. The question is, where is a good spot to view from?

If anyone has got any hints or tips for the weekend, it would be much appreciated!

Cheers :)

Advertisement

#20 Slick

Slick
  • Administrator

• 3,340 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 17:00

ingsy, from my experience a couple of years ago we did the same thing, however we found that Saturday was also a good day to watch from various places as it wasn't as packed as Sunday. Sunday is almost a must that you find a spot and keep it when going GA.

I'm not sure how the track has changed in the last 2-3 years, but we always spent Sunday camped out at Club corner on the GA banking you get to see all the way from the exit of hanger straight, through vale and club nearly up to bridge from one point on the track.

As for the close camp sites to Silverstone, I should think they are all much the same, but you will probably spend relatively little time at the camp site and most of it at the track.

Make sure Sunday you get up very early and find your spot, the queues to get in get pretty long by opening time, however once in and you have your spot you can leave the circuit again having your hand stamped.

We went as a group of 4 and 2 people went in early, the others came along after opening and took over keeping the spot while we took a break and walked around.

#21 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,728 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 21:25

ingsy, from my experience a couple of years ago we did the same thing, however we found that Saturday was also a good day to watch from various places as it wasn't as packed as Sunday. Sunday is almost a must that you find a spot and keep it when going GA.

I'm not sure how the track has changed in the last 2-3 years, but we always spent Sunday camped out at Club corner on the GA banking you get to see all the way from the exit of hanger straight, through vale and club nearly up to bridge from one point on the track.

As for the close camp sites to Silverstone, I should think they are all much the same, but you will probably spend relatively little time at the camp site and most of it at the track.

Make sure Sunday you get up very early and find your spot, the queues to get in get pretty long by opening time, however once in and you have your spot you can leave the circuit again having your hand stamped.

We went as a group of 4 and 2 people went in early, the others came along after opening and took over keeping the spot while we took a break and walked around.

The GA bank at Club has gone, they put a new stand in last year.

#22 Slick

Slick
  • Administrator

• 3,340 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 21:28

I thought I'd heard that. It's a shame i loved watching the race from there sitting on the dirt in my recliner deck chair.

#23 ingsy

ingsy

• 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 21:45

Thanks for the replies and the info. The places I'm thinking of viewing from are:

The GA bank between Club & Abbey and down the end of the Hangar Straight by Stowe. Any idea which would be better?

I'm planning on being queuing up and waiting to get in when the gates open at 5am on the sunday. Hopefully that will be enough as I don't think I can manage any earlier! :)

#24 tlrlz82

tlrlz82

• 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:41

sorry not to interrupt but on the website sez 6am most gates http://www.silversto...timetable09.pdf

#25 tlrlz82

tlrlz82

• 45 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:45

sorry not to interrupt but on the website sez 6am most gates http://www.silversto...timetable09.pdf

also just wanted to add that line ups before the monaco , budapest , melbourne were huge 30 min before opening , as much as i know the british love lining up so i would maybe suggest 1 hour or 2 before the 6am opening

#26 F1Annie

F1Annie

• 160 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 04:43

I will be in London over the GP weekend. I'd like to go to Silverstone on the Saturday and Sunday. Is there a train? If so, can I walk from the station or would I need to take a bus or shuttle? I won't have a hire car.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Have a look on here http://www.silversto...directions.html

If you're going GA you might miss stuff as there are no early trains on Sundays. If you haven't got a car it's easier for someone in London to get to Monza than to Silverstone. :down:

#27 heroes

heroes

• 31 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:55

Tickets arrived this morning :) . thinking about camping now, anyone recommend one the best campsties or are they all sold out already?

#28 eliteboy2780

eliteboy2780

• 95 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 18:45

Tickets arrived this morning :) . thinking about camping now, anyone recommend one the best campsties or are they all sold out already?

kool, what grandstand are you going to be in?

#29 condor

condor

• 12,509 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 15:01

I've camped a few times - always at Litchlake, has always been as a first come first served basis....so the plan would be for you to arrive Thursday lunchtime for a reasonable pitch....arriving earlier, you'd get a better one....arriving later, you'd be in the next field back.

#30 fifi

fifi

• 12,423 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 15:35

another vote for litchlake

#31 growlerf1

growlerf1

• 15 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:28

@ Ingsy - Whittlebury is a great campsite - good toilet and hot shower facilities tec. lots going on - but no real late night parties so you can still get some sleep!. If you are planning on eating in the club house on Saturday or Sunday night it is worth booking a table in advance when you arrive.

What area of Whittlebury are you camping at? - this will determine which your nearest circuit entrance is. The Golf course plots have an entry via gate 8 - just before Maggots/Becketts. the Farm plots closest circuit entrance is via gate 5.

As you can see from the attached 2009 map If you enter via gate 8 you are closest to your Hangar straight / Stowe location. Club / Abbey is likely around a 2.5 mile walk from the campsite - so you have to factor that into your timings - people who are coming in at gate 16 would have a massive headstart on you - even if you were at the front of the queue at 5am.

The GA banking on the exit of Becketts is a place you might want to consider - great for seeing really fast direction changes as the cars come through - and ideal for the Whittlebury golf course plot entrance.

http://www.silversto... Key180209W.PDF

#32 webberfan42

webberfan42

• 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 20:54

Hi,

Has anyone any experiences of using either of the following for the GP

1) Bus from Banbury run by Megabus - Supposed to arrive at Silverstone at 10am, it that realistic or do they get stuck in the traffic the same as everyone else?

2) Silverstone schools parking - as a single person, I can't get a circuit parking ticket? Is this an altenative?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Christine

#33 Matti Poika

Matti Poika

• 94 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:33

Hi guys

A quick question as it's my first time at silverstone this year, Are you able to bring in your own food and drinks. and if not how through are bag searches and the such?

Kittios!

#34 RedBullLee

RedBullLee

• 9 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:12

Hi guys

A quick question as it's my first time at silverstone this year, Are you able to bring in your own food and drinks. and if not how through are bag searches and the such?

Kittios!

Yes, you are allowed to take your own food and drink in - many people will be seen taking cool boxes in, especially on raceday.

#35 Suzy

Suzy

• 1,099 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 12:22

Hi guys

Kittios!

Yes you can bring in your own food and drinks. And yes your bag(s) will be searched on entry and they are thoroughly-searched.

#36 heroes

heroes

• 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 13:23

So it is less than a week now until silverstone, a couple more questions.

i have bought camping chairs; the 'roaving seats' on friday and sat, can you get in any grandstand, or is it worth me bringing my chairs for these days too?

if i do arive early, as im planning to on the sunday ( around maybe 4ish) will it be clear which car park i need to park in, depending on which entrance i want to go through?

Needless to say, im quite excited, less about the result of the race, which seems already quite clear

#37 The July Plot

The July Plot

• 484 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 18:07

Does anyone have any info on the GP party after the race? Where is it?, how late is it on? etc.

#38 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 18:22

Does anyone have any info on the GP party after the race? Where is it?, how late is it on? etc.

Once the main event has finished you can go underneath the tunnel between the pits straight and copse into the 'inner-circle'. Just follow everybody else towards Becketts - you can't miss it!

#39 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 18:25

So it is less than a week now until silverstone, a couple more questions.

i have bought camping chairs; the 'roaving seats' on friday and sat, can you get in any grandstand, or is it worth me bringing my chairs for these days too?

if i do arive early, as im planning to on the sunday ( around maybe 4ish) will it be clear which car park i need to park in, depending on which entrance i want to go through?

Needless to say, im quite excited, less about the result of the race, which seems already quite clear

Wouldn't bother with the chair on Friday, you can sit wherever you want in any grandstand so take full advantage of it!

As regards to race day parking, if you come off the A43 you'll be funnelled into where you will have to park. You can't really go wrong as you'll have zero room for error.

Advertisement

#40 FrankB

FrankB

• 3,650 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 18:26

Silverstone Crime Prevention

#41 Whoosh

Whoosh

• 12 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 20:21

Silverstone Crime Prevention

Good tips for camping. Using a padlock to secure your tent overnight could lead to some interesting toilet scenarios in the middle of the night! :blush:

* As securely storing items in a tent is practically impossible, please take your stuff with you to the circuit
* Leave your tent untidy. Don't make it easy for a thief to grab a bag with everything in it
* Secure the 2 zip pulls on your tent together with a padlock or specialist tent lock - especially when you are asleep
* Before you sleep, remove wallets from clothing and hide your money close to you. Don't store your valuables together. Too much drink can make you sleep heavily and you may not hear somebody unzipping your tent
* If you think you've had an item stolen, please go to the Mobile Police Station located at West Entrance 5 at the circuit to check if has been handed in or to report the loss

#42 Slick

Slick
  • Administrator

• 3,340 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 21:12

* Leave your tent untidy.

It great to see so many that camp at Silvertone take this part of the advise literally. :rotfl:

#43 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 482 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:00

Once the main event has finished you can go underneath the tunnel between the pits straight and copse into the 'inner-circle'. Just follow everybody else towards Becketts - you can't miss it!

Hi, do you know whats on at the after GP party?

#44 Suzy

Suzy

• 1,099 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 14:59

Hi, do you know whats on at the after GP party?

Grand Prix party after the race features Tony Jardine interviewing some of the F1 driver, GP2 drivers and any other drivers he can find. The concert is coming courtesy of "The Counterfeit Stones". (Not my first choice admittedly but I think a lot of people will enjoy them).

#45 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 482 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 15:08

Grand Prix party after the race features Tony Jardine interviewing some of the F1 driver, GP2 drivers and any other drivers he can find. The concert is coming courtesy of "The Counterfeit Stones". (Not my first choice admittedly but I think a lot of people will enjoy them).

Nice one thanks! Looks like i'll be hanging around afterwards, rather than rushing to join the traffic jam :clap:

#46 Murdoch

Murdoch

• 482 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 15:24

Also Suzy, are you allowed to access the middle of the circuit via the bridge over Hanger Straight? Obviously once all the racing has finished?

#47 AlanK

AlanK

• 105 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 07:45

You can use the tunnel at Copse and bridge at Bridge. Not the hangar straight as that would lead you to the airfield and a lot of chopper movements.

#48 mgillespie

mgillespie

• 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 17:24

My first time to Silverstone, been to Monaco last year, figured this might be the last chance to see F1 @ Silverstone, so decided to come along last minute. Anyhows, picked up a couple of Platinum grandstand tickets on ebay for just under face value, and also hooked up a M40 Park & Ride pack (sticker + 2 bus passes).

Just coming for Sunday, the missus can't get time off, so we are travelling Sat after work, staying in Abingdon, and then driving up to the park&ride Sun morning.

The reason I have never bothered with Silverstone, as the travel horror stories that seem to be the main news every year. So I am wondering, what time should I be looking at arriving @ the M40 Parking, to avoid the vast majority of the traffic.. (please no Saturday 8PM jokes... :drunk: ). Was thinking of leaving at 6AM and getting there for 7AM, and hoping that many of the fickles are only coming for the F1 race, and not interested in the earlier stuff.

Anyone have any experiences of driving up on the day, that they can share? Many thanks.

Also the GP Party sounds good (and much better than waiting in traffic). Is this only open to weekend camping tickets, or can day ticket holders gain access?

Edited by mgillespie, 16 June 2009 - 17:24.

#49 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,728 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 17:37

My first time to Silverstone, been to Monaco last year, figured this might be the last chance to see F1 @ Silverstone, so decided to come along last minute. Anyhows, picked up a couple of Platinum grandstand tickets on ebay for just under face value, and also hooked up a M40 Park & Ride pack (sticker + 2 bus passes).

Just coming for Sunday, the missus can't get time off, so we are travelling Sat after work, staying in Abingdon, and then driving up to the park&ride Sun morning.

The reason I have never bothered with Silverstone, as the travel horror stories that seem to be the main news every year. So I am wondering, what time should I be looking at arriving @ the M40 Parking, to avoid the vast majority of the traffic.. (please no Saturday 8PM jokes... :drunk: ). Was thinking of leaving at 6AM and getting there for 7AM, and hoping that many of the fickles are only coming for the F1 race, and not interested in the earlier stuff.

Anyone have any experiences of driving up on the day, that they can share? Many thanks.

Also the GP Party sounds good (and much better than waiting in traffic). Is this only open to weekend camping tickets, or can day ticket holders gain access?

The GP party is open to everyone at the GP.

I would think getting the 7AM bus will be fine. I think the buses are given priority. IMHO the traffic problems are greatly exagerated.

#50 mgillespie

mgillespie

• 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 17:39

If anyone is interested, I found running times for Raceday.

05:00 All circuit entrance gates open
07:00 BRDC Clubhouse opens
07:30 BRDC Farm opens
07:30 – 08:10 BRDC and Paddock Club pit lane walk
24 hours Silverstone Radio On Air (87.7FM)
08:20 – 08:50 Formula BMW Second Race (13 Laps or 25mins)
09:30 – 10:20 GP2 Second Race (24 L aps or 45mins)
10:45 – 11:20 Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup Race (14 Laps or 25mins)
11:20 – 12:10 BRDC and Paddock Club pit lane walk
11:30 Formula 1 Drivers’ Track Parade
11:45 – 12:15 Starting Grid Presentation with the Band of the Royal Marines
12:00 – 12:24 Red Arrows Air Display
12:30 Formula One Pit Lane Open
12:45 Formula One Pit Lane Closed Grid Formation
12:46 National Anthem
13:00 2009 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX 6 0 Laps
15:00 – 15:30 Silverstone Historic Sports Car Challenge Race (12 Laps)
16:15 Infield Grand Prix Party
17:30 BRDC Clubhouse closes

http://www.brdc.co.u...ide_low_res.pdf