Wanted to Buy: Tamiya 1/20th-scale F1 kits

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Catch 22

Catch 22

• 53 posts

Posted 31 October 2000 - 22:53

All -

I'm collecting as many of the Tamiya 1/20th-scale F1 models as I can find, and I'm still missing a few. If you've got any for sale, let's talk!

I'm specifically looking for the following:
#20002 1977 McLaren-Ford M23
#20006 1977 Wolf-Ford WR-1
#20007 1978 Brabham-AlfaRomeo BT46
#20033 1992 Lotus-Ford 102D (Herbert)
#20034 1992 Lotus-Ford 102D (Hakkinen)
#20047 1998 McLaren-MercedesBenz MP4/13 (Suzuka)

Advertisement

#2 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1

• 3,495 posts

Posted 01 November 2000 - 16:28

Catchie:

try this link,

http://www.raceland.de/shopindexen.htm

i think they have the Brabham and the 98 Mclaren, and a few others. Hope this help.

i also have ~ 17 Tamiya F1 models but i hadn't buy one since 93 when the Minichamps are availabl and i don't have to build them. But sure they look very nice to display. Enjoy your collection.

Louis

#3 Catch 22

Catch 22

• 53 posts

Posted 02 November 2000 - 00:44

Catchie, huh? I like that! It's so, well, so *catchy*!

Thanks for the tip, Louis. They did indeed have the Brabham, which I understand has just recently been re-released. However, I'm a bit reluctant to order it from Germany for fear it would be crushed by the U.S. Postal Service before it ever reached me. I'm going to try to find it somewhere on this side of the pond.

The McLaren was the standard issue MP4/13, unfortunately, and not the special limited-release Suzuka model I'm looking for, so the search continues for that one.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help. By the way, my collection is now up to 29! Hope I have the time (and patience) to actually build them one of these days. They're all still in sealed boxes (except for one, which I opened so I could look at the instructions and decals).

#4 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1

• 3,495 posts

Posted 02 November 2000 - 02:40

oh, you still hadn't started building them, with 29, it will take you a long time. But once they are finished, it'll be very good to look at. when i was still in school, sometimes i would spend a whole weekend building these models, and usually it took about 4 days to finish one.

now, back in July, i started a thread about the tamiya models, it took me half an hour to search it, so at least take a look:

http://www.atlasf1.c...p?threadid=6794

and i know there are several local Chinese model shop here in Toronto that carries Tamiya models.

#5 Catch 22

Catch 22

• 53 posts

Posted 02 November 2000 - 23:38

Louis -

Thanks for the pointer to your original thread. I hadn't seen it since I spend all my time in the Nostalgia forum. I'm currently downloading the page you mentioned in your first post. It's taking quite a while, but based on what I've seen so far, it will be well worth the wait. An amazing collection!

And no, I haven't begun building them yet, although I've had some of them for quite a time. I'm saving them as a project for retirement. Based on my boyhood model building experience, it'll be very slow going since I'm a perfectionist of the highest order.

By the way, I think I've found a U.S. source for the Brabham BT46. Replicarz in Vermont tells me they don't have it in stock yet, but it's on order. I do hope Tamiya decides to re-release the McLaren M23 and Wolf WR-1 as well. I can live without the others, but I really do want both of them. I assume the M23 will be Hunt's #11 WDC car, and there's little doubt the WR-1 will be the #20 Scheckter won with on the team's debut.

#6 ozoner

ozoner

• 34 posts

Posted 03 November 2000 - 02:51

This place has the Brabham and the McLaren Jap version :

http://bay1.bjt.net/...log/tamiya.html

They're locate din the states, and get their stuff from Japan I think.

You might also want to try Rainbow Ten in Japan - they're just great for customer service too!

http://www.wbs.ne.jp...lish/index.html

I get stuff sent to me (Australia) and it arrives fine. Both mobs poack things well.

-oz

#7 Vunz

Vunz

• 2,201 posts

Posted 03 November 2000 - 09:25

Catch,

What's so special about the ones you're looking for and the 29 you already have because I can imagine there are way more models.

I'm still considering to collect those models myself but I don't have the room to display them :(.

#8 Catch 22

Catch 22

• 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2000 - 15:34

Vunz -

What's special about the ones I listed is they're the only ones I don't have! Tamiya has only released 35 F1 model kits in this scale over the years, and I'm trying to collect all of them.

Wiith respect to displaying them once they're built, I haven't got the space to do it right now either, but I'll cross that bridge when I reach it. It will be quite a while before I get started building them since I'm not planning to do it until I retire and can give them my full attention. I want them to be as good as I can make them!

#9 Catch 22

Catch 22

• 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2000 - 16:09

ozoner -

Many thanks for the pointers! I just sent an order for the Brabham off to the Hobby Resource Plaza folks and also asked them for info on the McLaren and the others on my wish list. I really appreciate your help.

#10 Vunz

Vunz

• 2,201 posts

Posted 07 November 2000 - 07:20

I see, thanks, I didn't realize they released only 35 kits over the years. I wonder what their criteria are for 'the making of a model'.

succes collecting and building.

#11 bigblue

bigblue

• 1,300 posts

Posted 13 November 2000 - 22:48

Guys, I've been thinking about buying the 1/12 scale tyrrell six wheeler, is this a good kit. US$60. Havn't built one in a while but need something to do during long Vermont winter.