Real Time Racing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Scotracer

Scotracer
  • RC Forum Host

• 5,773 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 17:16

I got invited to the Beta for this a few days ago. It's by Simbin and it's an effort to bring the real-world GT racing series into gaming. Currently there is the FIA GT Championship at Zolder to play. I haven't done any Live Races yet as I'm just checking my relative performance on the leaderboards...

I am currently in the Top 20 for times:

http://www.real-time...ll-of-fame.aspx

19th :cool:

Fernandez Rees, the guy in 2nd was in the Le Mans Series in 2008 so we have some stiff competition :eek:

Here's the about page for more info:

Race live against the Pros!
RTR - The Real-Time Racing Game by SimBin is the new race game innovation, where gamers experience the new iOpener Enabled feature first-hand! This marks the first opportunity for gamers to compete against professional race drivers during real events. Gamers can choose between either racing live against drivers on race tracks or racing in a stored modus of previously held races that have been recorded.

Whether you race live or stored, this is your opportunity to beat the pros!

As real as it can get!
As you will be driving against the real cars. Their position and telemetry data will be provided with minimal delay to the game. In addition the virtual tracks are GPS accurate replicas, enabling the most realistic racing experience you can get.

The first one to be raced on is the Circuit of Zolder in Belgium, which will soon be followed by other well known tracks worldwide. Make your voice heard, and let us know which ones you want to race on (see our pre-registration survey)!

Throughout the last years SimBin has been working on acclaimed AAA simrace titles and has been able to continuously add more realism to its games.

More than just racing!
By joining the RTR community you are even one step closer to experiencing the dynamic fusion between the virtual and the real world! In the game it's just you against the pros. In addition you will also be racing for the fastest times of all players. The hall of fame keeps track of all record times and provides a space where the most competitive racers can file their claims for public recognition.

This will be your chance to prove yourself! By directly taking on the real pros on the real tracks you can show everyone that you have what it takes to maybe become one of them.

Show the world that you are one of the future professionals....the talent scouts are watching you!!!

http://www.real-timeracing.com/

Advertisement

#2 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,824 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 20:57

Looks like Simbin is looking for answer to iRacing success among hardcore simracers base.

Very interesting project indeed.

Being fan of all their developemnts I registered of course.