Jump to content


Photo

Lewis Hamilton (merged)


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
12535 replies to this topic

#1 Will

Will
  • Member

  • 3,220 posts
  • Joined: January 99

Posted 05 December 2003 - 15:59

Ok well now that the Justin Wilson bandwagon ( http://forums.atlasf...&threadid=28095) has unfortunately come to a halt for the moment :cry: it's time to try and get another promising Brit into F1 :) The obvious candidate is Lewis Hamilton who has handily been backed by McLaren Mercedes since the age of 10 but I believe has more than enough talent to justify his backing. He was a dominant champion in Formula Renault this year and took part in a handful of F3 races as well at the end of the year where his learning curve seemed encouraging. In his final race of the year, he qualified on pole in Korea. I feel he has the natural speed and has potential to add the necessary maturity to suceed as he heads off to the Euroseries.

So without further ado....

Lewis Hamilton for an F1 drive 2006

Advertisement

#2 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect
  • Member

  • 5,618 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 16:00

I'll second that. ..

Lewis Hamilton for an F1 drive 2006

..not sure who he'll replace though :confused:

#3 Blind Driver

Blind Driver
  • Member

  • 105 posts
  • Joined: September 02

Posted 05 December 2003 - 16:36

Could someone please post the open wheel precedence for the various racing series around the world.

I can certainly realize that Formula 1 is at the top but what comes next? I read about all kinds of series (formula 3, formula 3000, formula Ford, Serbian formula Edsel, etc) but I don't understand which ones are the "conventional" feeders to F-1. I seem to remember a formula 2 at one point. Hmmm. Formula 1, Formula 2, Formula 3. Does that make too much sense or is it just me?

#4 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 66,580 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 05 December 2003 - 16:43

1. F1
(F3000 is somewhat irrelevant and a last chance to get into F1)
2. British F3 - F3 Euroseries
3. British Renaults - Renault Eurocup
4. Italian/French/German Renaults - Formula BMW - Formula Ford
5. European Formula A (karting) - Weird national series like Formula Novis in Spain, your Serbian edsels, etc

#5 F1Johnny

F1Johnny
  • Member

  • 5,652 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 17:04

I have been following Lewis Hamilton since his karting days. I hope he gets in by the latest 2006, but he will be very young then too.

His stint in F3 next year will give a good indication. He should take a testing role for a year, maybe 2005, especially if he can do the Friday tests and get a good feel for a GP weekend and the paddock.

#6 HSJ

HSJ
  • Member

  • 14,002 posts
  • Joined: October 00

Posted 05 December 2003 - 17:29

Originally posted by Will
Ok well now that the Justin Wilson bandwagon ( http://forums.atlasf...&threadid=28095) has unfortunately come to a halt for the moment :cry: it's time to try and get another promising Brit into F1 :) The obvious candidate is Lewis Hamilton who has handily been backed by McLaren Mercedes since the age of 10 but I believe has more than enough talent to justify his backing. He was a dominant champion in Formula Renault this year and took part in a handful of F3 races as well at the end of the year where his learning curve seemed encouraging. In his final race of the year, he qualified on pole in Korea. I feel he has the natural speed and has potential to add the necessary maturity to suceed as he heads off to the Euroseries.

So without further ado....

Lewis Hamilton for an F1 drive 2006


:up: Would be interesting to see him in F1, that's for sure, assuming he keeps improving and the latest F3 indicators were not false.

Who other Brits are out there who might have a shot? I'm afraid Paffett's time has probably gone, but perhaps Green might have a chance? Is there anyone that seems particularly impressive in FFord or FRenault right now? I try to follow all the series that Autosport follows, but it is not always easy to remember all the names and achievements.

#7 BRG

BRG
  • Member

  • 21,901 posts
  • Joined: September 99

Posted 05 December 2003 - 17:32

Originally posted by Blind Driver
Formula 1, Formula 2, Formula 3. Does that make too much sense or is it just me?

And it may well be back to that in 2005, say the FIA.

But somehow it never quite seemed to work - even back in 1970, we had Emerson Fittipaldi bucking the system and graduating to F1 out of F3. This has always been F2 and then F3000's problem - get a really promising youngster (like Emmo, and Senna, and Mika H.) and they get poached straight from F3 to F1 whilst the slower developers who work their way up each rung of the ladder find the door shut at the top and al the seats taken.

As for Lewis Hamilton, let's not set off a bandwagon - we aren't Finns or Brazilians after all. And his Uncle Ronnie and Uncle Norbert seem to be looking after him very well anyway! But I think Lewis may well prove to be the thorn in Kimi's side in about 2006 or 7.

#8 fingers

fingers
  • Member

  • 1,039 posts
  • Joined: July 03

Posted 05 December 2003 - 18:24

STOP !!!!!!!!
C'mon we need to evaluate the drivers in F1 first there's too many new names floating around by far desperately trying to get 'in'. Its ridiculous we can't have F1 full of F3 drivers we can do that by watching F3 I want to see F1 drivers driving in F1. If the next Senna comes along(no such thing btw) he's still force his way into F1 with his own power. All these 'sons of' and wannabe's are getting too much training and assistance its shrouding their short comings and diluting the sports top echelon. I'd rather see Jean Alesi in F1 next year than Lewis Hamilton even though I rate Hamilton it doesn't matter than Jean is old you can only think about now and let things take there natural course. I'm fed up with the interfering.

#9 Fransz

Fransz
  • Member

  • 239 posts
  • Joined: April 03

Posted 05 December 2003 - 18:35

Originally posted by Will
...it's time to try and get another promising Brit into F1...


Why another Brit? Why not a German, American, Finn, Canadian, Brazillian, etc...

In regards to Lewis Hamilton, I wouldn't say I'm on the band wagon but the lad looks quite promising. I think it's wait and see with him right now but the potiential is there.

#10 AlesiUK

AlesiUK
  • Member

  • 2,852 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 20:09

i hate to be the first to mention it,since it shouldnt be a factor at all,but does anyone else think Hamilton will face difficulties with the racial thing?it will be a big step to have a coloured driver in f1.

i certainly hope he will make it,but its way to early to say,he was impresice in his younger karting days i remember but its been hard to judge him since as he has always had the best backing.

#11 jonpollak

jonpollak
  • Member

  • 35,885 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 05 December 2003 - 20:31

AlesiUK....."the racial thing".....!!!
How about....." the scope of his marketing potential for F1"....
I was wondering how long this thread could evade concerning itself with that issue....

I am eagerly looking forward to the future....
Jp's 'glass half full' perspective operating well here.

Of the ones I've seen and to my old and jaded eyes, it appears we have a crop of young stars on the horizon that could make one sit up and take notice....again.

Lewis Hamilton
Nelsiñio Piquet
Nico Rosberg
Ryan Briscoe
Richard Antunucci
Narain Karthikeyan
A J Almendinger
Danica Patrick...(my personal favorite)

Let's just hope there are drives for them in the 'top flight'.

Jp

#12 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 66,580 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 05 December 2003 - 20:40

I feel like im reading a Formula 3 version of TigerBeat.

Antinucci? :lol:


Patrick? :rotfl:

#13 Will

Will
  • Member

  • 3,220 posts
  • Joined: January 99

Posted 05 December 2003 - 20:53

Originally posted by Fransz


Why another Brit? Why not a German, American, Finn, Canadian, Brazillian, etc...


Because I'm from Britain and like to have someone from my country to cheer for :)

#14 Menace

Menace
  • Member

  • 12,799 posts
  • Joined: November 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 20:55

Originally posted by BRG

As for Lewis Hamilton, let's not set off a bandwagon - we aren't Finns or Brazilians after all.


I'm definately intrested to see how Hamilton does, but your above comment is just stupid.

Dont group us all under the same "bandwagon" BRG. Your making a sterotype from a small populus at AtlasF1, without studying the demographics of that group.

There is always going to be "homerism", and given the threads about Piquet and Rosberg are annoying and premature to say the least...but dont group us all under the same "bandwagon" will you? There is plenty of objective fans from both countries on this BB.

Just because Molive and likes beleive every driver coming from Brazil is the reincarnation of Senna, doesnt mean there isn't plenty of objective fans from Brazil as well.

And just because HSJ has a love affair with Kimi, doesn't mean that most Finn's who support Kimi, feel the same way.

Just a thought. :wave:

#15 F1Johnny

F1Johnny
  • Member

  • 5,652 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 21:06

Originally posted by AlesiUK
i hate to be the first to mention it,since it shouldnt be a factor at all,but does anyone else think Hamilton will face difficulties with the racial thing?it will be a big step to have a coloured driver in f1.

i certainly hope he will make it,but its way to early to say,he was impresice in his younger karting days i remember but its been hard to judge him since as he has always had the best backing.


Ron Dennis has repeatedly boasted that Lewis Hamilton will be the first black in F1. So I don't think he will have too many hurdles. F1 remains one of the few sports that does not have any blacks in it. Not that it matters much however.

Edit: One has to be careful how the term "coloured" is used. Some people may take offence to it.

#16 Lephturn

Lephturn
  • Member

  • 131 posts
  • Joined: June 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 21:14

F1 needs another brit like it needs a hole in the head.

The series as a whole needs an American driver, and possibly an arab driver down the road. We've got Sato for an asian driver of some type, but I'd like to see a Chinese driver at some point.

#17 HSJ

HSJ
  • Member

  • 14,002 posts
  • Joined: October 00

Posted 05 December 2003 - 21:21

Originally posted by Menace



And just because HSJ has a love affair with Kimi, doesn't mean that most Finn's who support Kimi, feel the same way.


I might have been offended by such a remark, but coming from you I take it you don't know any better. Still, wouldn't you say it is about time to grow up for you too?

#18 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1
  • Member

  • 8,681 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 21:25

Originally posted by Ross Stonefeld
1. F1
(F3000 is somewhat irrelevant and a last chance to get into F1)
2. British F3 - F3 Euroseries
3. British Renaults - Renault Eurocup
4. Italian/French/German Renaults - Formula BMW - Formula Ford
5. European Formula A (karting) - Weird national series like Formula Novis in Spain, your Serbian edsels, etc


Have the german F3-series been replaced bythe F3 Euroseries?

German F3 was very competitive, probably of a higher standard than the british F3 the last couple of years.

#19 Menace

Menace
  • Member

  • 12,799 posts
  • Joined: November 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 21:45

Originally posted by HSJ


I might have been offended by such a remark, but coming from you I take it you don't know any better. Still, wouldn't you say it is about time to grow up for you too?


Oh please HSJ. You are no-doubt less irritating nowadays, but I can see many reasons why people feel that you are delusional.

You ARE claiming KR is already better then Michael arent you? :drunk: Wait till he wins atleast ONE championship will you?

Im only 23, I have plenty of time to grow up BTW. ;) I would still like think of myself as one of the more objective posters on this BB. I give credit where it's due, not matter who it is, or what nationality his from.

I respect Schumi because of what he has achieved. I recognize him as one of the all time greats.

I respect Mika for being bloody fast and giving a fair fight to Schumi.

I respect Kimi for the same reason...AND his bloody young, and exciting on track IMO.

Really there isn't a driver on the track I dont respect. Even when Alox Yoong was driving for Minardi, I never joined the "bandwagon" that bashed him night in night out, regardless of his talent.









I have come in and defended you from baseless bashing many times HSJ. That doesn't mean I dont find some of the things you say about Michael absurd.

In fact, I hate driver bashing period. Let it be Michael, JPM, Kimi, Alonso, etc.

Advertisement

#20 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 66,580 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 05 December 2003 - 21:51

Yes. German F3 (which had competition as stiff as the British series but didnt have the reputation) and the struggling French series merged to form the Euroseries. It was a hell of a grid last year for just its first seasons. One of the smarter examples of racing practicality before profit.

#21 F1Johnny

F1Johnny
  • Member

  • 5,652 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 21:52

Originally posted by Menace
In fact, I hate driver bashing period. Let it be Michael, JPM, Kimi, Alonso, etc.


Hear Hear.

#22 jonpollak

jonpollak
  • Member

  • 35,885 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 05 December 2003 - 22:05

Their Their,

I forgot...Heikki Kovalainen
in my above list of future hopefulls
and while I admit the :rotfl: factor could be used when talking of Richard and Danica
I STILL think they could make it to F1.

carry on laughing

Jp

#23 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 66,580 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 05 December 2003 - 22:16

Originally posted by jonpollak
Their Their,

I forgot...Heikki Kovalainen
in my above list of future hopefulls
and while I admit the :rotfl: factor could be used when talking of Richard and Danica
I STILL think they could make it to F1.

carry on laughing

Jp


Heikki all the way :up:


But if Dicky and Danny cant really cut it at lower levels, how will they progress to faster cars and more competitive grids?

#24 Louis Mr. F1

Louis Mr. F1
  • Member

  • 3,407 posts
  • Joined: May 99

Posted 05 December 2003 - 22:41

I've been wondering, if Lewis managed to perform vey well in F1, would it help the popularity of the sport? (perhaps the black people community?) maybe in the same way that Tiger Wood does?

Bernie has always said that F1 needs a black driver, I'm sure Bernie can't wait to see Lewis arrives.

#25 Menace

Menace
  • Member

  • 12,799 posts
  • Joined: November 01

Posted 05 December 2003 - 22:45

Originally posted by Louis Mr. F1
I've been wondering, if Lewis managed to perform vey well in F1, would it help the popularity of the sport? (perhaps the black people community?) maybe in the same way that Tiger Wood does?

Bernie has always said that F1 needs a black driver, I'm sure Bernie can't wait to see Lewis arrives.


Im certain it would.

#26 jonpollak

jonpollak
  • Member

  • 35,885 posts
  • Joined: March 00

Posted 05 December 2003 - 23:02

Originally posted by Ross Stonefeld



But if Dicky and Danny cant really cut it at lower levels, how will they progress to faster cars and more competitive grids?


AYWK......As You Well Know
Unfortunatly,or fortunatly depending upon which side of this barrier you stand, PAY drivers or drivers having support from sponsors in terms of cash money or promise of such have just as much value to various factions of the F1 paddock as the real talent does.


Jp

I had five minutes to play so I changed my avitar

#27 Daemon

Daemon
  • Member

  • 5,452 posts
  • Joined: December 99

Posted 05 December 2003 - 23:08

Yeah, Lewis is a pretty good driver. I was a bit uncertain about him, being so well protected by Mclaren for so long, but his efforts in the Asian F3 races recently have been impressive to say the least for and F3 rookie.

If he gets an good F3 seat this year in the British series, I won't expect anything less than a 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Championship, and that should validate the praise heaped on such a young driver, more than enough to prove he is a potential star driver.

Not jumping on a bandwagon just yet, but he shows the signs of being a cut above most.

#28 Fransz

Fransz
  • Member

  • 239 posts
  • Joined: April 03

Posted 06 December 2003 - 05:17

Originally posted by Will
Because I'm from Britain and like to have someone from my country to cheer for :)


Oh, that's it? I thought there might be some sponsorship issues with JW being out. What I mean is are there any British sponsors that Justin has that would want a British driver replacing him or would pull out?

#29 Peter Perfect

Peter Perfect
  • Member

  • 5,618 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 06 December 2003 - 09:41

Originally posted by Daemon
...
If he gets an good F3 seat this year in the British series, I won't expect anything less than a 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the Championship, and that should validate the praise heaped on such a young driver, more than enough to prove he is a potential star driver.
...


He's going to be racing in the F3 Euroseries next year alongside some other well-known names...

#30 TFBundy

TFBundy
  • Member

  • 107 posts
  • Joined: November 03

Posted 07 December 2003 - 17:41

It'll be interesting to see how Hamilton goes in Euro F3 next year because he simply just "didn't have it" at the beginning of this year in Formula Renault - and I'm not sure the car didn't flatter him hugely later in the season ;) But then at the end of the year he seems to have made a blinding start in F3.

Manor probably won't have a set-up in their first season in Europe but I guess with those engines he won't need one!

But if you want another Brit in F1 you should support the absolutely-fabulous-talent-who's-doing-very-nicely-thank-you-but-who's-forgotten-over-here .... the best of all of them .... Danny Wheldon

#31 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 66,580 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 07 December 2003 - 17:46

I used to rate Wheldon very highly. As he moves up he gets somewhat less impressive. Other than *that* flip at Indy, I cant recall anything he's done

#32 TFBundy

TFBundy
  • Member

  • 107 posts
  • Joined: November 03

Posted 07 December 2003 - 17:52

Well from the off he's been running competitively top five or so everywhere at two hundred and poo miles per hour ..... and he's mamaged to get Julian Jakobi as his manager  ;)

#33 ScottDixonF1

ScottDixonF1
  • New Member

  • 7 posts
  • Joined: November 03

Posted 07 December 2003 - 17:57

Even though he won F Renault I am not a big fan of Hamilton

yeah he improved as the season went on but he seemed pretty sluggish IMHO and certainly didn't look to me like an F1 superstar in the making, I think at best he will be about the level of Panis or DC or someone like that but of course being Ron's nephew and having McLaren connections he will be fast tracked into F1 where I believe he will struggle

I think the best talent in Britain is Ben Clucas but he hasn't even got the money to do a full season of FF but he looked exceptionally good in the series especially in the wet

I don't think someone's skin colour should be an advantage or a disadvantage in F1 someone should get there on merit so the fact he is black should mean nothing, technically Montoya can be classed as a black man so its not as if the entire grid is made up of white anglo saxons

#34 petri

petri
  • Member

  • 1,618 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 09 December 2003 - 07:44

Originally posted by Ross Stonefeld


Heikki all the way :up:



I'm a Finn but I'm not sure about Heikki yet (talking about bandwagons, BTW). Montagny was so much quicker than HK was. I hope you're right, though!

In my eyes, Nico could be the next great finn (or half-finn, if you like). :up:

#35 Al.

Al.
  • Member

  • 1,422 posts
  • Joined: June 01

Posted 09 December 2003 - 13:38

Originally posted by BRG
And it may well be back to that in 2005, say the FIA.

But somehow it never quite seemed to work - even back in 1970, we had Emerson Fittipaldi bucking the system and graduating to F1 out of F3. This has always been F2 and then F3000's problem - get a really promising youngster (like Emmo, and Senna, and Mika H.) and they get poached straight from F3 to F1 whilst the slower developers who work their way up each rung of the ladder find the door shut at the top and al the seats taken.

As for Lewis Hamilton, let's not set off a bandwagon - we aren't Finns or Brazilians after all. And his Uncle Ronnie and Uncle Norbert seem to be looking after him very well anyway! But I think Lewis may well prove to be the thorn in Kimi's side in about 2006 or 7.


I guess this problem has evolved over the years as more and more single seater series grew around the world.

Previously, after karts, if you were serious about going all the way, Formula Ford was the next step. however back then they were without slicks or wings. F3 was the only main stream series, which is worldwide with slicks and wings. This was the first opportunity team bosses and scouts had the chance to compare drivers in a common series, especially with end of year races such as Macau.

Now we have more and more manufacturer single seater series with slicks and wings such as Formula Renault, BMW etc (Vauxhall/Opel Lotus series is the first I remember), that are also run in different countries.

It just means that Team bosses and scouts get to see drivers earlier, particularly if they have gone straight from karts to one of those series. Also these series, if backed by a manufacturer in F1, are going to be giving the winners of this a run in the manufactureres F1 car.

#36 BRG

BRG
  • Member

  • 21,901 posts
  • Joined: September 99

Posted 09 December 2003 - 14:49

Originally posted by Al.
It just means that Team bosses and scouts get to see drivers earlier, particularly if they have gone straight from karts to one of those series.

This is very true. Unfortunately, the proliferation of rival slicks and wings classes means that a young driver may not be up against much opposition. Hamilton this year hasn't really had anyone much to beat and nor did Kimi in his FRenault year, or Pizzonia in his. So the talent scouts aren't really seeing the full picture.

What we need are formulas where all the young guns come together. This where the F3 Master and Macao races are better indicators of talent, just as the Monaco F3 race used to be in the past. And the F3000 series ought to be an even better forum to display young talent - racing on the GP prgramme under the team-bosses eyes. A pity that has all been allowed to collapse into a chaotic mess.

The FIA just need to tighten up AND ENFORCE the superlicence rules. Then the current free-for-all would soon regulate itself, with the young contenders heading for the classes were they could qualify for their superlicences. But there's no money in that, so I don't suppose it will happen.

#37 F1Johnny

F1Johnny
  • Member

  • 5,652 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 26 July 2005 - 15:53

I don't like the sound of Ron Dennis here. Have Lewis and Ron had a bit of a falling out?

http://www.autosport...x?id=45974&s=11

#38 Al.

Al.
  • Member

  • 1,422 posts
  • Joined: June 01

Posted 26 July 2005 - 16:06

Originally posted by F1Johnny
I don't like the sound of Ron Dennis here. Have Lewis and Ron had a bit of a falling out?


Not really, but Lewis's win rate in F3 this year is on a par with people that have graduated straight into F1 the following year. What Ron is saying is don't expect to see him in a McLaren race seat next year. Would you drop Kimi or JPM for a rookie.

I reckon Lewis will be either placed (as Heidfeld was) elsewhere or testing a McLaren (in place of Wurz or PdlR) and racing GP2 next year.

#39 F1Johnny

F1Johnny
  • Member

  • 5,652 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 26 July 2005 - 16:15

Ron just sounds extra negative. Hope I don't get in trouble for pulling from articles.

"It is impossible to see him racing a McLaren-Mercedes in the immediate future."

"...if we are going to continue to support him, if we are going to play an active role in determining which team and which category he goes in..."

That does not sound like someone who has been supporting him from he was in karts. It sounds like he is distancing himself a bit. Don't know if anyone has an inside track?

Advertisement

#40 Oho

Oho
  • Member

  • 10,619 posts
  • Joined: November 98

Posted 26 July 2005 - 17:05

Originally posted by BRG
But I think Lewis may well prove to be the thorn in Kimi's side in about 2006 or 7.


If you imply they just replaced Kimi with him, fat chance. If they tried to pressure Räikkönen into signing by flashing Hamiltons name the negotiations would, as things now stand, be over in four words "You can have him".

#41 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld
  • Member

  • 66,580 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 26 July 2005 - 17:32

yes, because it'd be incredibly smart of Kimi to leave McLaren :lol:

#42 Menace

Menace
  • Member

  • 12,799 posts
  • Joined: November 01

Posted 26 July 2005 - 17:36

Originally posted by BRG
And it may well be back to that in 2005, say the FIA.

But somehow it never quite seemed to work - even back in 1970, we had Emerson Fittipaldi bucking the system and graduating to F1 out of F3. This has always been F2 and then F3000's problem - get a really promising youngster (like Emmo, and Senna, and Mika H.) and they get poached straight from F3 to F1 whilst the slower developers who work their way up each rung of the ladder find the door shut at the top and al the seats taken.

As for Lewis Hamilton, let's not set off a bandwagon - we aren't Finns or Brazilians after all. And his Uncle Ronnie and Uncle Norbert seem to be looking after him very well anyway! But I think Lewis may well prove to be the thorn in Kimi's side in about 2006 or 7.


You couldn't do a post with out some sort of dig at Finns, or Brazilians could you? :rolleyes: And you wonder people think you are a xenophobe...

On to more of the topic of the thread, I found this tid bit interesting:

Dennis added: "Norbert [Haug] and I have control in respect with all drivers and there are some very talented drivers driving DTM cars as well.

"The position with Lewis is we want him to maintain to the end of his Formula Three championship the domination that he has had to date, and it has been a dominating championship."


Who is he talking w/ regard to DTM?

#43 Oho

Oho
  • Member

  • 10,619 posts
  • Joined: November 98

Posted 26 July 2005 - 17:46

Originally posted by Menace



Who is he talking w/ regard to DTM?



Norbert is probably talking about Gary Paffet and to lesser degree Jaimie Green.

#44 F1Johnny

F1Johnny
  • Member

  • 5,652 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 26 July 2005 - 17:48

Originally posted by Oho



Naah he is not xenofobe he likes dead Finns like Henry Toivonen


WTF. Let's not have this thread escalate into a big fight.

#45 ivanalesi

ivanalesi
  • Member

  • 1,771 posts
  • Joined: August 04

Posted 27 July 2005 - 17:11

I dont think Lewis will end up in F1, may be some DTM drive, next year Opel will quite and may be Mercedes will field another 06 car for him. Also, many ppl arent exactly impressed by him - simply because of ASM, its always easy to win, look at Sutil - nowhere last year - championship contender this year in ASM's car. He's too Heidfeld for now.

#46 BRG

BRG
  • Member

  • 21,901 posts
  • Joined: September 99

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:17

Originally posted by Menace
You couldn't do a post with out some sort of dig at Finns, or Brazilians could you? :rolleyes: And you wonder people think you are a xenophobe...

Frankly I don't give a monkey's whether you or anyone else thinks I am a xenophobe. The world is full of idiots and I am not going to waste my time pandering to them. Use the ignore function.

#47 petri

petri
  • Member

  • 1,618 posts
  • Joined: March 01

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:25

Originally posted by Menace



Who is he talking w/ regard to DTM?


Must be Mika. :lol:

#48 Ivan

Ivan
  • Member

  • 6,646 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 25 August 2005 - 22:55

I have been watching this guy for the last 3+ years. He has the midas touch everywhere he races. I can't understand why Autosport or any of the other racing mags never talk about him. Let alone interview him. I mean Kimi got plucked right out of Formula Renault into Sauber as the next best thing since Clark. Why are we not hearing about Lewis more. Within a year or two at most three, he will be in F1. He has the Euro-F3 series all but won. The only thing next for him is GP2. Ron Dennis is his manager, and has been since Lewis was karting, which is another reason that I can't understand not hearing about him more.

#49 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1
  • Member

  • 52,480 posts
  • Joined: August 99

Posted 25 August 2005 - 22:57

Didn't F1 Racing do a feature or two on him? He's very much the next big thing . . .

#50 Ivan

Ivan
  • Member

  • 6,646 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 25 August 2005 - 23:05

If they have I missed it.