Display cabinet for 1:18 / 1:43 diecasts / models

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 craig42

craig42

• 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 19:42

Hello again

Have just listed my display cabinets on eBay. Thought it might be of interest to all you model collectors out there. They are located in Woking, UK and can accomodate up to 80 1:18 cars or untold numbers of 1:43 cars. They are dust proof and built by Picture Pride in Birmingham to very high standards. Hope they are of interest!

Posted Image

Edited by craig42, 22 February 2010 - 19:30.

Advertisement

#2 Colinmcc

Colinmcc

• 90 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 15:04

Craig would delivery to Ireland be possible if I arranged a courier?

#3 craig42

craig42

• 14 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:51

Craig would delivery to Ireland be possible if I arranged a courier?

Would be happy to pack and bubble wrap the glass shelves and pack the unit as best I could (bubble wrap and heavy cardboard) and may be able to strap it to a Europallet if that helped with shipping. However it would be at your own risk - my responsibility would cease when it was handed over to the courier - so, unless it is someone you know and trust, I would be a little wary. I'd rather be up front now and lose a potential customer (there has been a lot of interest so far so maybe it'd not be as drastic as it sounds!) than have a potential dispute over responsibility later down the line when the mirrored back cracks in transit or whatever!

Thanks for your interest anyway.

#4 Talking Point

Talking Point

• 201 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 19:22

I'm willing to pay you £100 for it. I would need to hire my mate's van and drive a long way to pick it up, so £100 is all I could afford to pay at this moment. Let me know please mate.

#5 craig42

craig42

• 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 19:55

I'm willing to pay you £100 for it. I would need to hire my mate's van and drive a long way to pick it up, so £100 is all I could afford to pay at this moment. Let me know please mate.

Thanks for your interest
I have had a lot of interest from potential eBay customers on this item and, although I've received no firm bids yet, I am pretty confident that it will sell for the starting price at the very least. I had an email on there yesterday from a local guy who also offered £100 but if I receive no bids and the other offer falls through I may come back to you if that is okay?

Where are you located, incidently? I have a van and work all around the country...

#6 Talking Point

Talking Point

• 201 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 20:12

Thanks for your interest
I have had a lot of interest from potential eBay customers on this item and, although I've received no firm bids yet, I am pretty confident that it will sell for the starting price at the very least. I had an email on there yesterday from a local guy who also offered £100 but if I receive no bids and the other offer falls through I may come back to you if that is okay?

Where are you located, incidently? I have a van and work all around the country...

Birmingham area - if you could drop it off then I'd pay £150 no problem. :up:

#7 craig42

craig42

• 14 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 15:47

Birmingham area - if you could drop it off then I'd pay £150 no problem. :up:

Thanks - I hope it will be okay to come back to you in a bit if the auction ends without any bids. I am not scheduled to work in your area in the immediate future in any case so it would need to be a special trip. In which case I would be looking for more than £150 unless you could wait until I was passing by?

#8 Talking Point

Talking Point

• 201 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 19:28

Thanks - I hope it will be okay to come back to you in a bit if the auction ends without any bids. I am not scheduled to work in your area in the immediate future in any case so it would need to be a special trip. In which case I would be looking for more than £150 unless you could wait until I was passing by?

I'm in no rush tbh mate. :up:

#9 craig42

craig42

• 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 22:48

I'm in no rush tbh mate. :up:

It sold on eBay this evening for £150 to someone who is going to collect and also take some of my Montoya models whilst he is here. I am somewhat disappointed in the price, I have to sat, but at least it has gone.

Thanks for your interest anyway!

#10 Talking Point

Talking Point

• 201 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 23:06

It sold on eBay this evening for £150 to someone who is going to collect and also take some of my Montoya models whilst he is here. I am somewhat disappointed in the price, I have to sat, but at least it has gone.

Thanks for your interest anyway!

Ahh well done for selling it, eBay can be very disappointing at times though. I would definitely have bought it for the same amount, but where I'd have put it I really don't know tbh... :o

#11 craig42

craig42

• 14 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 23:13

Ahh well done for selling it, eBay can be very disappointing at times though. I would definitely have bought it for the same amount, but where I'd have put it I really don't know tbh... :o

haha I know what you mean... I'd have kept it if I'd had the space. Then again I would then have had to keep the models to go in it too... so how I have paid for my new central heating? :)