Kangaroo TV now not at most GPs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JiimyDesperado

JiimyDesperado

• 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 07:27

Hi,

Went to book Kangaroo TV for Monza but have found out they are only going to be at a handful of GPs this year and not Italy.

The information Kangaroo tv give is a bonus but the main reason we book one for overseas races is to get English commentary. As we all know the races can be pretty hard to follow and not as exciting without commentary.

Click on the link on http://www.kangaroo.tv/f1/index.php to vote for them to be at the race you're going to.

Also please put in a vote for Monza for our benefit then post where you are going to and we'll all vote for your race too ;)

Advertisement

#2 Rustytime

Rustytime

• 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 16:49

Hi,

Went to book Kangaroo TV for Monza but have found out they are only going to be at a handful of GPs this year and not Italy.

The information Kangaroo tv give is a bonus but the main reason we book one for overseas races is to get English commentary. As we all know the races can be pretty hard to follow and not as exciting without commentary.

Click on the link on http://www.kangaroo.tv/f1/index.php to vote for them to be at the race you're going to.

Also please put in a vote for Monza for our benefit then post where you are going to and we'll all vote for your race too ;)

Hey Jimmy, Looks like your persistence has paid off...just saw on twitter that you'll be able to book a Kangaroo TV for Monza next week.

#3 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 13:03

Hey Jimmy, Looks like your persistence has paid off...just saw on twitter that you'll be able to book a Kangaroo TV for Monza next week.

Thanks for the heads up. According to Kangaroo TVs twitter page you have to order from here...

http://www.italy-grand-prix.com

Which including shipping is 90 euros. Bit steep and there's no option to pick up from the circuit unfortunately.
Has anyone ever had a TV unit shipped to them before? What do you do regarding sending it back again, is this included in the cost
or extra?

#4 rossifumi46

rossifumi46

• 37 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 15:48

Thanks for the heads up. According to Kangaroo TVs twitter page you have to order from here...

http://www.italy-grand-prix.com

Which including shipping is 90 euros. Bit steep and there's no option to pick up from the circuit unfortunately.
Has anyone ever had a TV unit shipped to them before? What do you do regarding sending it back again, is this included in the cost
or extra?

Dunno bout that.....that site is just a agency with inflated prices

#5 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:28

Dunno bout that.....that site is just a agency with inflated prices

It is I agree, but unfortunately Kangaroo TV have nominated them as their official supplier for the Italian Grand Prix.
It's either order from them or not at all. At that price I'm airing towards not at all.

#6 drmarkf

drmarkf

• 23 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 07:26

It is I agree, but unfortunately Kangaroo TV have nominated them as their official supplier for the Italian Grand Prix.
It's either order from them or not at all. At that price I'm airing towards not at all.

Yeah, I'm in 2 minds as well - it's a heck of a price. I don't think there's any other way to get R5Live commentary, however...

#7 pingu666

pingu666

• 9,272 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:55

complex arrangement of proxies and fancy mobile phones, maybe...

#8 drmarkf

drmarkf

• 23 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 21:55

Well I've decided to order one: the arrangements seem efficient and you collect it from the same ticket office as you collect tickets (at the Santa Maria all a Selve gate).

#9 nugat

nugat

• 114 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:25

Well I've decided to order one: the arrangements seem efficient and you collect it from the same ticket office as you collect tickets (at the Santa Maria all a Selve gate).

That's not so bad then, the main thing I was unhappy with was having to take the thing over there in my luggage.

How do you go about returning it? Wouldn't be ideal for me if you have to take it back to Santa Maria all a Selve, as I'll be heading for the Lesmo train station after the race.