Photo

Rollcall

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 MrAerodynamicist

MrAerodynamicist

• 14,226 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 14:21

What races are everybody planning to attend this year? Personally, I should be off to Rockinhgam for the champcar race in September.

Advertisement

#2 Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes

• 321 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 18:17

USGP and Canadian GP are already 75% paid for. Have a Motorhome for Indy!

Maybe the CART race in Nazareth and one of the Winston Cup events at New Hampshire International Speedway.

Would also like to go to Lebanon, NY to see the World of Outlaws race.
This list could go on and on....

#3 kevinbush

kevinbush

• 34 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 18:39

I'll be attending Montreal again this year.

-kb

#4 F1Rulz

F1Rulz

• 351 posts

Posted 14 March 2001 - 21:40

Canada and USGP

#5 Wheels

Wheels

• 242 posts

Posted 15 March 2001 - 00:22

Monaco, Canada & US.

Pascal, have you sold your car yet? Let's have a beer and maybe you can talk me into buying it.

#6 tattooed

tattooed

• 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2001 - 02:57

Canadian, European, French and US GP,s all tickets bought and paid for. Cart race in Detroit (Bell Isle), Toronto Molson Indy ,probably Mid Ohio, and one Nascar race, still undecided any suggestions I'm in Toronto Canada.

#7 rob_o_neill

rob_o_neill

• 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2001 - 10:23

Imola, Nurburgring, Silverstone, Hockenheim, Spa, and Monza if all plans go well.

#8 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,820 posts

Posted 16 March 2001 - 13:26

Hungaroring. Have a friends there so accomodation is free.
I also plan to go to this new German CART oval race, which is in easy driving distance from where I live.

#9 bigblue

bigblue

• 1,300 posts

Posted 16 March 2001 - 23:54

Montreal

#10 MarkC

MarkC

• 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2001 - 21:29

Heading off to Spain, Montreal and Belgium this year - already seen the boys testing in Silverstone back in February. www.markcapilitan.50g.com for photos!

#11 f1sl

f1sl

• 3,974 posts

Posted 19 March 2001 - 01:27

i'll be at the Canadian GP, and a bunch of little races at Shannonville Motorsport park, and maybe a few races at Mosport, for the ALMS and CASCAR.

#12 maxpapis

maxpapis

• 7,229 posts

Posted 19 March 2001 - 07:37

F1 - Canada
USGP (maybe)

CART - Laguna Seca

#13 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 19 March 2001 - 14:59

Possibly Canada and USGP, waiting to hear back from BAR's chief mechanic. I want to run the mechanics boat race

First win for BAR !

#14 sharknose

sharknose

• 33 posts

Posted 19 March 2001 - 16:32

Imola for me (yeehaaaa, only 4 weeks to go!!). Hopefully I'll be there for win no 8 for MS
:)

May do Rockingham for CART as well, but I'm also trying to save money to go to Thruxton (UK) to do the Ferrari 360+Formula Renault driving course, plus there's Coys (at Rockingham), Goodwood Festival of Speed, and a 3 day Ferrari festival at Brands Hatch in July.

Then I've got to pay for karting trips against my mates, and work collegues!

Dagnamit, this motorsport is just damn expensive. :p

Gavin 'Sharknose' Thomas

#15 TNSFH

TNSFH

• 2,466 posts

Posted 22 March 2001 - 20:58

Just returned from 12 Hours of Sebring. Hope to attend a couple more of the ALMS events (Laguna Seca in Sept., Road Atlanta in Oct.) ???????:confused: If the job and money hold?

#16 Mullaluska

Mullaluska

• 319 posts

Posted 24 March 2001 - 12:07

Montreal for me this year next year will probably be a lot more though :) hope to see all the other atlas people there :)

#17 MattB

MattB

• 502 posts

Posted 28 March 2001 - 21:53

Canada, this will be my third year. It is an absolute must do. I would like to see an F1 race in Europe, maybe next year.

#18 CDNgrl

CDNgrl

• 8,365 posts

Posted 29 March 2001 - 13:26

Montreal - 5th year.

Would love to go to Mosport and Tremblant (if it isn't cancelled) for ALMs in August -- but I have a baby due in July -- so it is very doubtful. Already--- the thought at being at the Montreal GP 8 months pregnant is enough to make me want to cry. Being in that crowded subway with thousands and thousands of pushing anxious people. Not being able to take advantage of the wonderful nightlife on Crescent Street --- being sober when everyone is yahoo drunk. Wondering how I'll manage that long trek to Grand Stand 12 -- and once I'm there -- how the hell I'll climb up without losing balance! And of course, once I'm seated (and getting dirty looks from whoever is seated beside me because I'm taking more room than I should!) I'll probably have to get up again to go pee! :blush: I should probably stay home and watch the race on TV -- but I can't bring myself to do it! I know my hubby is secretly hoping I give him my ticket so he can bring someone else ---- because he just knows what a pain I'm going to be.

#19 shoofirbin

shoofirbin

• 467 posts

Posted 29 March 2001 - 15:22

montreal, USGP, hopefully nazareth, hopefully a nascar race at nhis, right grimey?

some differently abled friends of mine want to go to spa next year. great!

Advertisement

#20 Gra

Gra

• 47 posts

Posted 31 March 2001 - 05:22

USGP, CART races at Long Beach, Portland, Vancouver, Laguna Seca and Fontana. Also Monterey Historics at Laguna.

#21 100cc

100cc

• 3,178 posts

Posted 31 March 2001 - 15:20

Already watched f1 at sepang, and going to watch the Le Mans Series at sepang in november if that counts for anything.

#22 boost

boost

• 2,199 posts

Posted 03 April 2001 - 02:59

Went to Melb this year. But sadly will be my only visit, was planning for sepang was was to close to Melb date :(

#23 RaymondMays

RaymondMays

• 205 posts

Posted 03 April 2001 - 11:33

Going to Spanish GP and British GP.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay for the Spanish GP?

#24 Smacker

Smacker

• 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 19:00

:drunk:

Going to Canadian GP and USGP... both tickets paid for. Now I have to find a way to get to the USGP!! I have a hotel room but I'd rather be staying closer to the track.

MOTORHOME ...I saw someone post something about having a motorhome. I had planned that but everyone I'm going with is flying from Ottawa. Is anyone driving from Ottawa?

#25 Shellz

Shellz

• 82 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 19:44

Short year this one... only Monaco, Silverstone, Spa and Rockingham for CART.

And then any others that appeal once my credit cards looks healthier!!!

Shellz
:)

#26 Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes

• 321 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 19:51

Originally posted by Smacker
:drunk:

Going to Canadian GP and USGP... both tickets paid for. Now I have to find a way to get to the USGP!! I have a hotel room but I'd rather be staying closer to the track.

MOTORHOME ...I saw someone post something about having a motorhome. I had planned that but everyone I'm going with is flying from Ottawa. Is anyone driving from Ottawa?

We're flying to Indy from Boston and picking up the motorhome at the track and stay in one of the lots.
The price is comparable to a crappy motel room in East Indianapolis and we won't have to be worried about traffic. As for the smell after six guys stay in an RV for 3 nights...well, we'll see.

http://www.rvrentindy.com/

#27 Smacker

Smacker

• 9 posts

Posted 08 April 2001 - 07:02

FRANK GRIMES> That sounds great! Definitely going to suggest that for 2002. I'll probably do it at Indy in the middle of traffic to get a more positive response since I'll be organising it! (*hehe*)

Anyhow, what 'lot' are you refering to? The ones on the Indy grounds? How much does that cost? Also, you said you were picking it up at the track, right? They will bring it there for you?

Thx for the info!:D

#28 Niraj

Niraj

• 504 posts

Posted 08 April 2001 - 17:20

Its Spa for me again this year. Hopefully better seats than last time. Have got Silver 2 seats at the La Source hairpin, so it will be fun.

MAybe we can all meet up for a drink or so???

Niraj

#29 Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes

• 321 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 19:06

Originally posted by Smacker
[Anyhow, what 'lot' are you refering to? The ones on the Indy grounds? How much does that cost? Also, you said you were picking it up at the track, right? They will bring it there for you?

Thx for the info!:D [/B]

They quoted me $100 to drop off and pick up the RV at IMS. Unfamilar expensive vehicle, unfamilar crowded surroundings, it seems like $100 well spent to me.

As far as the lot goes I was quoted between $100-$150 for the 3 days depending on the lot. This was through/at IMS.

#30 Bogman

Bogman

• 1,700 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 19:58

Smacker, I may be driving to Indy from Ottawa / Montreal. Not sure if I'm going or not yet though, depends on the job situation. PM me if you want to talk about it.

#31 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 20:26

Montreal as usual/always seeing as I live here! Those of you who are coming to Montreal better show your faces at Ziggy's Pub for the 2nd Annual Atlas F1 Canadian GP Headquarters!! That includes you "Preggers", I'll buy ya a gingerale!! :p

#32 Bogman

Bogman

• 1,700 posts

Posted 10 April 2001 - 22:13

Hey Andy, I'm getting my drinking cap nice and prepared.....free beer again this year, or did your learn your lesson not to invite Bogman, Damop, and T-Bone ??

#33 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 02:22

Well Bogman, from what I understand, Damop & T-bone can't make it this year. So, you know what that means? ... Twice as much beer for you and me!! :lol:

As far as I know right now, YES Molson's will be supplying me with some beer to give away, courtesy Molson's Brewery, like they did last year! So you have to be nice to me!! :p :p :drunk: :lol:

#34 shoofirbin

shoofirbin

• 467 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 20:35

when do you guys meet there?

#35 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 20:58

The Atlas F1 HQ is Thursday, Friday & Saturday afternoons & evenings of GP Weekend at Ziggy's Pub on Crescent Street. This is smack-dab in the middle of the Crescent Street Festival which is a closed-street event put on by Air Canada, Molson's Brewery and Honda Racing and is the biggest event away from the track GP weekend. The HQ is a "drop by when you can" event and last year saw between 100-150 AtlasF1 regulars drop by at one time or another during the weekend.

Full details will be available at atlasf1.com as we get closer to the Canadian GP. Just watch the front page for more info.

#36 Gilles Villeneuve

Gilles Villeneuve

• 83 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 05:27

sounds great Andy......Put a face behind the name..:)

#37 shoofirbin

shoofirbin

• 467 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 17:27

yeah. we can all get snockered on molson and get in each other's face about how we didn't like that post you made in october, and how could you say that about alesi, and you stink
your whole system stinks and
who? warwick? patrese!
boutsen in..baa- 87? no, the brabham! you don't know...
i'll get you for that
wha?.. ah, baahh

#38 mini mum

mini mum

• 2,375 posts

Posted 12 April 2001 - 21:28

Nurburgring and Silverstone. Only two this year, wanted to go to Hockenheim - but too close to Silverstone (I'm not complaining though, this time last year we were only a week away from the mud bath, Thank God they moved The British race back to July!!!!)

#39 CDNgrl

CDNgrl

• 8,365 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 18:52

Andy -- I'll be thirsty for that gingerale! Is there enough "room" for me?

Advertisement

#40 Mr Melvin

Mr Melvin

• 844 posts

Posted 19 April 2001 - 19:12

My first ever Grand Prix this year!!!:D
I'm going to the French and British Grand Prix. I'm sure it will seem weird going to 2 races in a row as well as going to a foreign Grand Prix before my home Grand Prix.

And with a bit of luck i might be going to Rockingham as well.

#41 spyboyyy

spyboyyy

• 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 07:20

Canada. One of the best events anywhere is a GP weekend and one that occurs in Montreal is even better. FYI...the best event is the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.

#42 fifi

fifi

• 12,423 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 17:01

1st GP for me at Silverstone

#43 Smacker

Smacker

• 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 17:57

Montreal GP goers... I'm gonna try to convince the boyz I'm with to stop in at Ziggy's somenight. We're always down and around Crescent since we're staying at McGill's.
Won't it be packed though? Every pub / bar / restaurant gets overwhelmed during race weekend.. even the streets are packed!!

:p

#44 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 20 April 2001 - 18:54

Smacker - I am hoping to have an "Atlas Reserved" section at Ziggy's.;)
It's all in who ya know...

#45 dirtyboy

dirtyboy

• 169 posts

Posted 23 April 2001 - 18:04

Formula One: USGP

Cart: Portland
Laguna Seca

ALMS: Portland

#46 shoofirbin

shoofirbin

• 467 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 13:59

does ziggy's have sort of an elevated outdoor patio, or is it more of a hole in the wall type place? i'm trying to picture it.

#47 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 14:15

"Hole in the wall" sounds so scummy! :lol: However, Ziggy's is definately one of the smaller places on Crescent St. and is at semi-basement level. You go down about 8 steps to get in but inside it is a cozy Pub and the walls are lined with autographed memorabilia. They have an outdoor terrace at the front right at sidewalk level. It is this terrace I am going to see if I can have reserved for us Atlas-types! The nice thing is it is right in the heart of the Air Canada Grand Prix Street Festival. Ziggy's is also right next door to Jacques Villeneuve's new place which is schedule to open in a couple weeks!

Posted Image

#48 shoofirbin

shoofirbin

• 467 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 17:02

nice. do it up, man. i will definitely drop in there. in fact, i'm pretty sure i was in ziggy's two years ago. i'm not sure, though. there are so many bars there, it's hard to keep them separated in your mind. especially when you've had a few molson exports.

are you familiar with the dominion pub? that's the first place we go after checking into the hotel on friday afternoon. it's a tradition now. the first year i came to the gp was '97 with two other friends, and we just stumbled upon the dominion, and thought it was a great place to get a cheap meal and some pitchers of beer. we've gone there every year since. i like it because it's never too crowded, and you can get a table with many other people. this year we'll have ten guys with us. yes, we will do some damage.

#49 Andy

Andy

• 3,483 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 18:37

The Dominion Pub name sounds familiar but can't say I have ever been there or know where it is. However, if they serve food, you'd better keep the tradition and go there first as Ziggy's Pub doesn't serve food. :( After that, come see me at Ziggy's, I'll buy ya a beer!;)

#50 Xodiac

Xodiac

• 80 posts

Posted 24 April 2001 - 20:58

Unfortunately I am too busy with work to attend more than a couple of races each year, but my 2 regulars are the Grand-Am at Lime Rock, A very pretty track, and of course the Canadian GP.

Can't wait to meet all us Atlas'ers at Ziggys.

Andy, thanks for all your work mate.